MiniVAP Vaporizer

Tweek

its 758!! on that site, its 519 on minivap.com

That is slides for less's website. You get it much cheaper from him if you contact him...he has an FC discount.

Edit: If slides is out there...can we make this discount public or is it a PM only kind of deal?

Tweek,
Reactions: JCat

JCat

Accessory Maker
Different currencies

Edit: good question Tweek!

Edit(2): I'm not sure where you got 519 ... it's on sale at 469EU ~= $630 USD. Regular price on minivap.com is 550EU ~=$740 USD

slide4less has a better deal + your not shipping overseas for us North American buyers.

vape4life

Banned for life
Slide4less will PM you wholesale pricing, and it's a very good deal, especially with the entire package.

vape4life,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Ok ... so here's my first real review of the unit ... not a complete review ... but my stance at 1.5 days of use.

Is it the Cloud? It's pretty darn close ... there are pros and cons to each unit.

What it comes down to (in my opinion of course), the Cloud has a slight edge on flavor, however, each can perform equally well as far as its ability to quickly vaporize a load.

The Pros of the Cloud:
- Better Flavor
- Finer Temperature Control
- Potentially with the Cloud Plus, with the theoretical 2 min or so heat up time, quicker heat up
- A lot less expensive

The Pros of the MiniVAP:
- Portable and Battery Operated
- It can be packed away in a case immediately after being shut off ... there are no scalding hot parts exposed anywhere
- Much easier to clean and maintain ... after a day and a half of continuous use ... it's still perfectly clean ... any cleaning I've done has been with paper towels and a little ISO in the shop on the cone this morning
- Much more rugged
- Need to buy water attachment separate

To give it some perspective ... a Cloud is about $600 lets say with a water attachment ... the MiniVAP is that without the water tool and for high temperature vaping I like water ... (the MiniVAP works great with the Cloud Hydratube by the way ...)

They both brown ABV equally well and evenly and quickly based on temperature.

They both can hold similar amounts of material well (up to maybe .25 or so? maybe a little more depending on grind, how packed it is, etc. ... I'd say similar capacity to a Cloud ELB)

The better flavor that the Cloud gets could potentially be achieved by making a glass or similar cone attachment ... just hypothesizing.

A big one for me is the temperature control ... I really wish I had some temperatures available BETWEEN 210 and 225 as I find 225 maybe a little too hot for through water ... the flavor would be better a little cooler ... and I find 210 a little too low even dry. I believe, that for me, 215 would be ideal for dry vaping and 220 might be perfect for through water although 215 might be good too.

This is my opinion after just over a day, so keep that in mind, it will change and evolve.

I see no point comparing it against the Solo or other devices as it is more in the class of a desktop vape as far as it's capacity and ability to maintain temperature and quickly produce vapor.

The construction quality is excellent ... the buttons do seem to behave a little funky ... so the software maybe isn't perfect on the thing ... but maybe that will lead to the possibilities of potentially getting my unit modded to support my desired temperatures? ... really for me temps of 210 through 225 in 5 deg increments would be perfect :)

As well it's worth noting that maybe the 210 temperature will be perfect for me with the addition of the stainless decarbox ring ... who knows what the future holds ... but this is definitely a really nice vape and has eliminated the need for me to ever travel with my Cloud or for my Cloud for that matter to ever leave my house. It also makes me second guess my need for a backup Cloud which is a pretty big statement for me .... I do love my Cloud :) ... I'll give it a couple months anyways and we'll see how it goes and maybe I'll sell or permanently loan to a friend my backup Cloud.

Edit: Today's final summary (just my opinion of course):

For a connoisseur that takes care of their stuff meticulously, the Cloud is probably the ultimate (but isn't portable nor travel friendly); whereas for a user that wants a no-fuss vape that performs really well, is portable, can be tucked away immediately after use, and is super easy to maintain, the MiniVAP wins hands down.

vape4life

Banned for life
Thank JCat!!!!! Big up on ya for the great review after only a couple of days. I look forward to hearing your continued progress over the next few weeks dude. You totally sold me, but i'm waiting for the 2013 version (slide4less coudn't give me an estimate)....but i'm totally buying one because of you! :) I think I will need a Cloud Plus AND MiniVAP in my collection forsure. I'm so stoked.

vape4life,
Reactions: Roger D

vape4life

Banned for life
MMA, I wouldn't worry too much about it, I don't think much has changed based on feedback i've received. Get a MiniVAP!

vape4life,

mmafighterthe25

sounds good, i have a solo, a ssv, and rockzap. looks like those are getting sold an here comes minivap. im waiting for the 2013 model.

mmafighterthe25,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Just a firmware update in the 2013 model and some new accessories from my understanding ... I'll get the accessories as they become available (I'm also sending out feelers to try to get some of those accessories ahead of time if possible :))

... the fact that I'm still trying this thing exclusively and haven't reached for my Cloud yet (although I've been using the Hydratube), is pretty impressive in itself ...

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Wow ! What an activity there theses days ! This is great for the inventor of the MV, his machine is finally getting some recognition.

The only thing you want to wait for is the silicone cone. I'm sure it will answer to your needs about the lowers temperature settings JCat.

If one you guys want one now, get it and you will get the silicone cone when it gets out. It's not worth it to deprive you of something that nice. For the firmware we are all in the same bag unfortunately, it is a delicate operation and only one person in the world know how to do it and has the (really expensive) gear for it. We shall all wish for his well being.

The only new thing about the firmware will be the option to avoid auto shut off.

I need to wait for the cloud plus to come out, so I can send my MV to update. I couldn't stay one day w/o medication, and for that I need strong, stable, smooth, clean delivery.

justcametomind

On average, how much does it take to get an email response from the maker? Did he complete the registration as a vendor on here at last?

justcametomind,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
He is working really hard on what seems more important to him. He never showed up here. You can always call him on the phone, and he answer mails fast or he takes his time, depending on the urgency or not.

Roger D,

vape4life

Banned for life
Email turnaround time from Jorge can be a couple of weeks. Roger, removal of auto shutoff is the only firmware update? Seems like there should be more. I agree it's nice that more are receiving this unit.

vape4life,

justcametomind

Thanks I'll wait.
To the owners of the MiniVap: IIRC there's an accessory to vape concentrates/resins, does it work well?

justcametomind,

justcametomind

Sorry for the back to back post, but I posted yesterday and I think I cannot edit for this reason.
I'm getting the minivap. Black or grey?
I'm not a medical user so maybe I think that grey it'd better cause it resembles a Red Bull can.. But black is really badass :D
What do you think? Which one did you get for yourself?

justcametomind,
Reactions: Vapinghole

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Sorry for the back to back post, but I posted yesterday and I think I cannot edit for this reason.
I'm getting the minivap. Black or grey?
I'm not a medical user so maybe I think that grey it'd better cause it resembles a Red Bull can.. But black is really badass :D
What do you think? Which one did you get for yourself?

Black, definitly. i don't own one though.

vorrange,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Is it real gold plated ? :o

Real gold would be awesome for the touch and purity aspect

Roger D,

Hoops

I'm very confused on pricing. The price for the portable version on minivap.com is $519.00 with free shipping. AuthorizedVaporizerDealer has it at $758.

Can someone post the FC discount or explain pricing, links?

Edit: I know this was asked above, but I didn't quite understand...minivap.com=slide4less?

Hoops,

Tweek

Hmmm, I see the website now offers shipping to Canada and the USA...prices look better too.

Tweek,
Reactions: Hoops

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I'm very confused on pricing. The price for the portable version on minivap.com is $519.00 with free shipping. AuthorizedVaporizerDealer has it at $758.

Can someone post the FC discount or explain pricing, links?

Edit: I know this was asked above, but I didn't quite understand...minivap.com=slide4less?

MV.com = Direct from the manufacturer, new website, special launching price.

S4L = Reseller, might be an interesting option for the FC discount, for US/CA residents, but you'll have to ask em to know so you can choose what seems the best option.

Roger D,
Reactions: Hoops

justcametomind

Is it real gold plated ? :o

Real gold would be awesome for the touch and purity aspect
Do you have it black Roger? I don't think gold it's good because iirc gold is a very malleable matter and can be deformed by heat or scratched more easily respect to other metals. By the way it the minivap easy to scratch? As far as you other owners know, is there any difference about durability of colour if you get the grey or black unit?

justcametomind,
Top Bottom