MiniVAP Vaporizer

white russian

The 2013 model isn't released yet. I'm still debating whether it's worth it to spend the extra $140 for the battery pack and car charger. The home kit (no battery) is actually cheaper than a Cloud, and the main reason I want to support this company is because they stand behind their product more than any manufacturer I know.

60 day money back guarantee and 3 year warranty

WHO else offers that??? Massive amount of respect.

sorry if i missed this, but is there an eta for the 2013 model? thanks.

white russian,

vape4life

Banned for life
They can afford to take such a risk, the product is so good, once you tried it there is no way back. Actually, you think more about getting another one for backup than sending anything back.

Actually I'm glad they showed such confidence, that helped me pull the trigger.

^^^^ This!

sorry if i missed this, but is there an eta for the 2013 model? thanks.
No, but shouldn't be too long. Gawd I love your avatar!! lol

white russian

^^^^ This!

No, but shouldn't be too long. Gawd I love your avatar!! lol

if you want ill give you the girl in my avatars number she is just a bit high maintenance for me lol

just found this thread today at the initial finding out stages, first thoughts looks amazing, but before i continue my research, i owned a volcano original from back in the day it never got much use was way to harsh for my throat always dried me up with no saliva, so my question is before i consider this minivap would i run into the same problems because there is no water filtration?

white russian,
Reactions: Tweek
vape4life if you get a MV can I come over and try before I buy? :lol:

I don't know what's gotten me interested in this vape all of a sudden, but interested I am.

kingofnull,

b0

Cloudy...
I don't know what's gotten me interested in this vape all of a sudden, but interested I am.

Same here, it seems like one of the best vapes out there is being made in my country and I didn't even know about it lol

b0,

justcametomind

Roger I'm doing what the quick guide says.
I press the 2 buttons together after I set up the unit with material inside.
It blinks with every color he can,
Then when it's finished I choose the temperature keeping pressed + or -. At this point when it has finished blinking the colour I've chosen, I should inhale. Right? I used hops just to give it a try (not so used to it) I felt the mouthpiece going hotter the harder I drawed from it. Now I feel quite relaxed. The unit kept the red color on, should I continue to draw or what to do to make it reheat?

justcametomind,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
It is real on demand delivery, as long as the led isn't blinking, you're obtaining optimal extraction at every pull, while the cooking is minimal when you're not using it. You don't have to pull when you don't want to

As it is pure convection, your will feel more and more heat as you pull harder and harder.

Looking forward your impressions with our favorite medication.

Edit : You can easily over medicated with the MV, that happens to me all the time. For example, I took it too fast and now my head is buzzed really strong, and it is going to get difficult to think clearly. I prefer when I'm fully aware and conscious, that's my preference at this moment. I don't like it to be strong in the middle of the day. The first months I was totally over killing it, I had several tension drops with symptoms like blind for a couple seconds when standing up and stuff.

Sweet ! We share the same signature !
28229023.png
is awesome.

Lol, I see weird stuff going on in the logo, like vap is ******* mini

vape4life

Banned for life
if you want ill give you the girl in my avatars number she is just a bit high maintenance for me lol

just found this thread today at the initial finding out stages, first thoughts looks amazing, but before i continue my research, i owned a volcano original from back in the day it never got much use was way to harsh for my throat always dried me up with no saliva, so my question is before i consider this minivap would i run into the same problems because there is no water filtration?
Are you joking or is that avatar your significant other? My wife's ass is probably just as hot, but I doubt she'll let me post a pic of it...then again, maybe she'll never even know (or care haha)...standby for that one! :)
I don't think you will have even close of an issue with the MV... the volcano uses bags, and it's very dry vapour....i've heard it time and time again, i've never used one but had the same experience with my EQ bags...i hated them. Being all convection, this vape is it.... simiar to Cloud convection, without the conduction unless you add a disc? The Cloud is pretty smooth even without water, but I hated that SS ELB....just didn't like the taste. I'm pretty stoked for this thing fo sho.

vape4life if you get a MV can I come over and try before I buy? :lol:

lol yeah maybe, but like I mentioned before i'm waiting for the 2013 revision... and ofcourse i'll havta try your e-Nano! After my last Cloud experience and the latest annoucement, i've moved on and THIS is gonna be its replacement! After hearing JCat's review (sadly BOTH his Clouds have now died, one being mine that I sold to him) it's enough for me to think that MiniVAP > Cloud....oh same with the Dopefiend <--- that dude fucking rips!

justcametomind

There's something I don't understand..
1. I screw every part on the other, chamber is loaded, battery .
2. I press the 2 buttons at the same time for 2 seconds and i see all the colors blinking.
3. Then I keep pressed + or - until it reacts, changing the color that blinks, meaning your are at that level of vaporization.
4. Then it could blink a minute or two (how much?)
5. and then the light reamains lit on your color of choice.
6. THEN you should pull right?
The fact was that it kept blinking forever. So I restarted unscrewing the battery and returning to point 1.
After a couple of times I tried with pink, I was at point 4 of the list above, blinking forever.
So I randomly tried to pull instead, this time, and I pulled a lot of visible vapor was visible on exhale. I'm pretty stoned too, with half a chamber.
:ninja:

justcametomind,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
For internal reasons, waiting to be fixed (it's a really complex system) some times it can get kind of too hot (slightly above the desired level) and the unit blinks continuously (particularly when the external temp isn't cold at all), in this case using the unit is ok, in fact, if it has been blinking forever, pull on it, it will chill and stop blinking.
It happens particularly on the lowest settings (blue is the more prone, then pink) I never had the issue on green or red.

I remember how it used to bother me lol, now that I understand how the unit regulates it makes perfect sense.

Another tip when you start using the MV. Place your herbs just before you start pulling. MV may be 100% convection, it's still cooking a bit. (with the teflon cone and top sealed) This was you will experience an amazing first puff. Start on pink, green or blue, red burns off the finest tastes.

Roger D,

Hoops

Roger, not sure if you've already discussed this, but where did you get the water adapter? I can't seem to find one specifically for the MV.

Hoops,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I've noticed this because I heat to green solid then turn up to red for a minute or so before dropping to green. It will blink when it's above or below the set temp (it would be better to blink only when heating in my estimation). If its on for an extended time then I just leave at green and I find no need to go to red most of the time.

Here's an excerpt from an email from the creator of the MiniVAP ... I've been asking some questions and he's been kind enough to get back to me as soon as he was able. I'm definitely excited about the upcoming changes!

"About the temperature control, we are improving the settings, in the
next upgrade will be probably increase minimum temp (so blue will be
200) so the steps in between are more fine.

Thanks for the list of accessories. Some customers asked me for it, so
next week it will be probably online.

The new kits will be:
-Maintenance Kit: 4 screens + 1 brush + 1 ring + 1 tube + 1 cone
-Capsules Kit: 5 baskets
-Liquids Kit: 5 liquid pads

By the Spring:
5 Uses Kit: 5 silicone tubes (or 1 long piece) + 5 mouthpieces + 5
silicone cones
Decarbox Kit: 4 screens +1 stainless steel ring/tube

(Sorry, we will probably change the name for some of the kits in general
terms they are the next accessories.)

One thing nobody talks in the forum... the MiniVAP was understood as a
device to add new functions. The concept of modules is not only
something to change from a battery source to a plugged adapter/charger.
The modular concept was thought to increase the options and user
experiences. The MiniVAP is unique on this because the concept of
modules was designed from its born. Could you imagine what modules can
you connect between the battery and the vaporizer? or from the top to
the mouthpiece?

We should also talk one day about the concepts of robustness, durability
and obsolescence. Please, remind us in a few weeks if the forum wants
more info. We sent some info about the aluminum case today, he probably
posted on FC."

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
One thing nobody talks in the forum... the MiniVAP was understood as a
device to add new functions. The concept of modules is not only
something to change from a battery source to a plugged adapter/charger.
The modular concept was thought to increase the options and user
experiences. The MiniVAP is unique on this because the concept of
modules was designed from its born. Could you imagine what modules can
you connect between the battery and the vaporizer? or from the top to
the mouthpiece?

Air pump / Moisture conditioner
I didn't talked about it here but I have already submitted theses, and the moisture conditioner was in r&d, no feedback about the pump, the thing is, they sure need more guys to r&d faster if they want to get out accessories. (Please hire me. I am really good at electronics.) ;)

Roger, not sure if you've already discussed this, but where did you get the water adapter? I can't seem to find one specifically for the MV.

It's a home made tweak of the beta silicone cone I am using, not commercially available unfortunately. I can't wait for the final version

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I don't see the point in rising the minimum temp.. :hmm: If THC starts to vaporize at 140ºC and cannabis combusts at 230ºC, it seems a bit excessive to have a 200ºC starting temperature.

If the option is 3 temps, then i would choose something along the lines of:

-180C
-195C
-210/220C

Or add a 4th preset temp..

What are the temps in this version?

vorrange,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I don't see the point in rising the minimum temp.. :hmm: If THC starts to vaporize at 140ºC and cannabis combusts at 230ºC, it seems a bit excessive to have a 200ºC starting temperature.

If the option is 3 temps, then i would choose something along the lines of:

-180C
-195C
-210/220C

Or add a 4th preset temp..

What are the temps in this version?
There's no temps between 210 and 225 in the current version. I find the MiniVAP to run cooler than the Cloud at noon when on green unless really well preheated ... Maybe more like an 11 ... So ... I think 200 as a min would be great and probably satisfy almost all users as the 210 does not seem like 210 does in other vapes I've owned. For instance the volcano and EQ both I would say vape hotter at 195 then the MV does at 210.

JCat,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
There's no temps between 210 and 225 in the current version. I find the MiniVAP to run cooler than the Cloud at noon when on green unless really well preheated ... Maybe more like an 11 ... So ... I think 200 as a min would be great and probably satisfy almost all users as the 210 does not seem like 210 does in other vapes I've owned. For instance the volcano and EQ both I would say vape hotter at 195 then the MV does at 210.

Something is off then.. or the miniVAP has the ability to deliver extra cool hits. In the website mentions 4 temps from 190 to 230, before i found the temps somewhere but now i think they removed them from the website.

I still think its strange to have a minimum temp of 200C.. maybe it is 200C in theory only, and in fact the 190C now is way less, so the 200C won't actually be 200C.

But, since the miniVAP employs temp control, i take it the thermometer is showing an accurate reading.

What is the estimated temp of the Cloud at noon? It goes from 8 (?) to 3 right? So, noon is not the minimum temp, neither that close to the maximum temp.
Considering most vapes don't go beyond 210C, this is very weird, that a vape as such a small interval between minimum and maximum temp.

vorrange,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I'm thinking it depends where the temperature reading is being measured ... the temperature of the actual chamber when not inhaling is warm (I can stick my finger in there briefly without burning it) since the vape is really 90+% convection from my estimation. As well, the airflow through the MiniVAP is extremely free which may effect your warm to cool air ratio ... at any rate ... when you pull hard you get pretty thick vapor (very pleasant) on green, and the color of the ABV is a light golden brown similar to the volcano at 197 after 2-3 regular bags or similar to the Cloud at noon with 2-3 hits and then emptied. At the red setting your ABV is much darker (dark milk chocolate?) after just a few hits similar to the Cloud at about a 3:00 setting (think of a clock ... so a 1/4 turn difference on the Cloud).

The 210 setting to me "feels" more like a 190 or once well heated up maybe a 193 ... (I'm comparing to the vapes that I had with digital readouts ... ie. EQ and Volcano that both I found I ran at similar temps once they were warmed up).

So ... based on the 210 setting feeling to me more like a 190-193 or so ... and the 225 (red) feeling more like a 210 to me ... I find the red to hot and the green just a touch to cool ... I wish I had something in between as I've found (subjective based on vapes temps that I've known) my ideal temp seems to be generally just a touch below 200 or maybe a touch above depending on cannabis being used.

JCat,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I'm thinking it depends where the temperature reading is being measured ... the temperature of the actual chamber when not inhaling is warm (I can stick my finger in there briefly without burning it) since the vape is really 90+% convection from my estimation. As well, the airflow through the MiniVAP is extremely free which may effect your warm to cool air ratio ... at any rate ... when you pull hard you get pretty thick vapor (very pleasant) on green, and the color of the ABV is a light golden brown similar to the volcano at 197 after 2-3 regular bags or similar to the Cloud at noon with 2-3 hits and then emptied. At the red setting your ABV is much darker (dark milk chocolate?) after just a few hits similar to the Cloud at about a 3:00 setting (think of a clock ... so a 1/4 turn difference on the Cloud).

The 210 setting to me "feels" more like a 190 or once well heated up maybe a 193 ... (I'm comparing to the vapes that I had with digital readouts ... ie. EQ and Volcano that both I found I ran at similar temps once they were warmed up).

So ... based on the 210 setting feeling to me more like a 190-193 or so ... and the 225 (red) feeling more like a 210 to me ... I find the red to hot and the green just a touch to cool ... I wish I had something in between as I've found (subjective based on vapes temps that I've known) my ideal temp seems to be generally just a touch below 200 or maybe a touch above depending on cannabis being used.

Could it be that the vaporizer is actually not vaping at the temp is supposed to? Because, convection should mean cooler vapour, quite the contrary.. the hot air is what vaporizes the herb and it should go until 210-220C IMO, although some might like it lower.. i like to start very low. (i usually vape 80% at 2-3 on my Solo, and i usually did not go past 12 in my buddha). So, since convection doesn't mean lower temperature when the vapour reaches your mouth, either it cools on the way or it is cool to start.. giving your comparison to the volcano at 190-193, lets say it was 195C, it would explain why you feel it like that and the herb is so light brown. In my experience, the herb stays green/yellow in a convection vaporizer for as long as there is terpenes in there, because as soon as the taste start getting that hint of caramel, it immediatly browns a bit, and it does progressively until the taste is all gone, at this point, if you're at high temps you notice the herb browns very quickly. (i'm sure you noticed this too in your other vapes and in the miniVAP, the conduction element usually means that some get brown prematurely, funny how they also loose taste prematurely).

What i mean by all this is:

1- the temp for some reason or another is not really at 210 when it reaches the herbs and it's at a lower temp. (195C?)

OR,

2- the temp is 210C but the miniVAP is able to lower temperature enough, after passing the chamber, that you feel it as you would other vaporizers at a much lower temperature.

Thus, if 2 is true as it is more likely, i think i would prefer to keep temperature as is, i always like to extend the taste for the longest i can.

vorrange,

justcametomind

What a great ass, white russian.
To the other owners of the miniVAP:
Yesterday I some troubles with MV "blinking" system.
Roger told that after some time, when the unit blinks forever the colour of your desired temperature, it is ok to pull, and the vapors are released even if the unit doens't stop blinking as it's explained in the manual.
How much time should I wait?
This aspect (don't know when to draw) ruins a lot my experience so far but also you Roger had the same problem, right? How did you ride it out? Will my unit start to behave has it's advertised or the blinking is something that has to be fixed with the 2013 model/firmware update?
One thing I didn't consider before buying is that I find myself pulling a lot (maybe because of the blinking problem).
This causes quite often a massive, unwanted medication. Also I can see that the hard pulling is causing a lot of residue is going to the little white part you put on top of the capsule. The residue is starting to clog the filter (before the filtration) and also after the screen filter as you can see from the pictures.
LtDF92P.jpg

3kJi4A6.jpg

How can I clean this filter Roger? Should I get some ISO from that vendor ASAP or there's something "more european" advice on how to clean internal parts from the seller?
UPDATE: resolved using the little brush.. I feared that I could damage the part but it didn't :) It doesn't seem but it's a little bit cleaner now. Should I stop using the MFLB and use a less finer trench?
EpTzMXU.jpg

My firmware is 3.2b. Which is yours? I ask this again because maybe I encounter problems due to a new firmware that no other FC members have. You can read it in the invoice your unit came with.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Couple things justcametomind ...

1. For cleaning, I make sure to quickly brush/wipe down the top with a little piece of paper towel and the chamber after each chamber full (thus keeping it almost perfectly clean as far as screen clogging and surface residue). As for the buildup in the cone, that's normal with pretty much all vaporizers and the cone does, I've noticed, do a good job of trapping most of the resin and not as much goes far into any tube/attachment that is connected. To clean the cone, simply poke out the screen, and clean in ISO (I use 99% as it's readily available). You can either do a short soak or just wipe them down with a dampened paper towel (roll up to get into the cone, corners, etc). To clean the main chamber, that's a little more complicated. You have to remove the main tube inside the chamber. They recommend using a teaspoon to "lift" it out ... I scratched mine up a little doing this the first time but it is a little easier now so haven't done further damage (replacement tubes/cones/etc will be available for purchase shortly if you look at the posts above). Under the main tube, there is the screen, then another ring the same diameter as the tube but only maybe a 1/4" thick, and underneath that 2 screens; a coarser than finer mesh one before the heater etc. All screens, and Teflon tubes/rings/etc can be removed and soaked in ISO although I really find that the bottom screen and chamber stay pretty clean so that I'll probably only do maybe once a week if I was using this vape exclusively (and I vape about 2-2.5g/day so that would be after vaping lets say 14-17.5g I'd clean the chamber whereas I'll clean the cone and silicone tube or GonG attachment or whatever I have connected to the top probably every 2 days (I'm super OCD about my cleaning though :))

2. For your heatup/blinking issues ... this is what I do. Start your unit at green, and let it heat up until it goes solid (you can load your cannabis at any time as it doesn't heat up to much in the chamber prior to starting your inhale ... at least not to the point where you are losing the THC I wouldn't think ... I can stick my finger in the chamber when the units on without burning myself although I don't endorse this :lol:). After my unit goes solid green, I'll turn it up to red for 30-60 sec to let it heat a little more because from cool I especially find the green a little cooler than I like. If you want much more dense vapor for milking through water then you might want to let it heat to red (and I find if you drop to green before, inhaling your flavor will remain better than just leaving it at red). Using this method, I usually will vape a chamber of .15-.2 in 2-5 hits depending how hot the unit is ... how much CBD I want to get (ie. higher temp cannabinoids) or if I just want the cleaner more awake/active buzz ... and whether I've preheated to red, or just green. Does that help at all? I feel I've been rambling a little ...

Anyways ... I really like my MiniVAP ... I do wish I had some temps between green and red ... but hopefully that will come or maybe just the silicone cone or the stainless decarbox ring will make the difference (the stainless decarbox ring will add some conduction to this vape so it might sacrifice some of the quality of the taste though ... hmmm ....)

(Please hire me. I am really good at electronics.) ;)
I'd love to be able to help with the firmware programming/re-flashing as well ... it would be nice to spend some programming time on something fun like this as opposed to mainly just working on software for large business/enterprise (not that I don't enjoy that too ... but it would be nice to couple it with something else I'm quite passionate about :))

justcametomind

WOW I DID IT! I had to wait 3/4 minutes to see the solid green, maybe I never waited so much yesterday. I wrongly started pulling, and maybe messed up the internal heating process with the result it blinked forever, whatever the color.
Trying not to overmedicate I discovered a little turnaroud.
I found myself keeping my tongue close to the mouthpiece on inhale, when it gets hot I stop pulling and I know I already have a lot of vapor on exhale. A tongue-activated temperature knob.
One day they should add the possibility to add our set of 4 temperature levels. For example the users could be given the ability to develop and share their set of temperatures . At the 4 levels MV is capable of, the users could develop sets to vaporize different matters (es. salvia set, salvia concentrate x10/x20 set, party set with high temperatures for cannabinoids, CBD set, budder/oil set or anything else).
For now I'll just use the tongue anyway. :D
I see a bright future when Aperture Science erh.. Georg develops a dongle for the MV that connects as the cradle and renders us capable of updating temperatures set (if it becomes an issue) or firmware updates. The interactive cradle. And of course a cooling segment. In case of future modding and modularity, I'll get a lighter battery segment for added portability. Maybe it's just I'm quite the lazy guy, but the unit it's pretty heavy to carry around, especially whit a many segments connected.
By the way my issue with the blinking is narrowed I think. It's just the red level. That light is taking forever to go solid, but after a good 5/6 min it goes to temperature. So I can say it's not an issue it's like the way it works. It would be an issue for some medical users who like a unit to be ready in a few seconds.

Top Bottom