Votes: 10 27.0%
  • I would prefer the style of Option 2

Votes: 27 73.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Awesome work as usual @CentiZen :tup: Option 2 seems to be better to me since I use power bars and do not have a clear wall socket for the device. Seems more practical for a busy plug environment to get all that stuff away from the power strip and closer to the user.

ogcook

This is great! My VVPS is dying out on me and I've been looking at replacements.
I would love to be able to support a community member though!

I was originally looking more to Option one, I like not having an additional in-line item to move the log or weigh it down. Then I thought about access to where I would be plugging it in and decided to vote for number 2!

Assuming you're making them or at least over seeing most of it, you know our desire for longer cords so I'm sure we could be accommodated. That and I still need to just buy/make an extension...

ogcook,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Since I use a wall jack that is out of sight (most of the time) option 2 would be my choice.

Nice work, Centizen! :clap:

:peace:

Stu,
Reactions: t-dub

placetime

Excellent! :rockon:

Do your prototypes "buzz" like these do? http://tinyurl.com/m7dmcp3
The one I have like that makes a really annoying buzzing sound. That would be a deal-breaker for me. :2c:

Otherwise, I'd be good with either version, but I'd prefer option 2.

placetime,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Excellent! :rockon:

Do your prototypes "buzz" like these do? http://tinyurl.com/m7dmcp3
The one I have like that makes a really annoying buzzing sound. That would be a deal-breaker for me. :2c:

Otherwise, I'd be good with either version, but I'd prefer option 2.

I cannot detect any buzzing, but I have a friend who can hear all manner of electronics, including the solo charger. I'll have her test it and get back to you.

Thanks for all your votes and support, I'm looking forward to having these ready.

placetime

I cannot detect any buzzing, but I have a friend who can hear all manner of electronics, including the solo charger. I'll have her test it and get back to you.

Thanks for all your votes and support, I'm looking forward to having these ready.

I'm not super-sensitive to sounds, but that little vvps drove me crazy. The sound was pretty obvious to anyone (imho). My guess is that if you don't hear anything, then it'll be no problem.

placetime,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I'll just leave this here; sorry for the quality

Some better pictures of the prototype... keep in mind this will not be what the final version looks like. It's also missing the plug that will go into the vape.

15hlp8k.jpg

2li7e42.jpg

Last edited:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Wow - Alan just told me about it here. Nice work Cent!

mvapes,

AdmiralAlpacha

What are you some kind of mad scientist?

Keep pumping out all of these great ideas man :clap:

I'm excited

AdmiralAlpacha,

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
this project is moving right along....big props for making it happen.

I'm with the option two crowd. is your field in electronics?

vaporonly,
Reactions: ogcook

tepictoton

I also think option two would suit most users...also seems like option two is more or less like option one with added mobility(read longer cord):2c:

tepictoton,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
What are you some kind of mad scientist?
:science:

is your field in electronics?

Not yet, but that is the plan. I'm pretty much entirely 'self' taught. I put self in quotes because were it not for the people like OF, Alan or Hippie Dickie (to name a few) putting their own hard work up on the board and answering my questions, I'd have never gotten into this.

I'm not super-sensitive to sounds, but that little vvps drove me crazy. The sound was pretty obvious to anyone (imho). My guess is that if you don't hear anything, then it'll be no problem.

She couldn't hear a thing either, I think we are good one that front.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm having a hard time voting. I would probably find my sweet spot and leave it alone most of the time, so the wall version is better for that. The in-line version is easier to use, but it looks like it will be more than big enough to easily move HI's and POD's. The PD might be able to sit still with it, but I envision a lot of log tumbles with the in-line version. I'm not sure if the 8 foot version previously mentioned would help avoid this or not, but placement in-line should be given some serious consideration. I also would vote for some kind of a dimmer or something...I don't like extra lights on my vapes.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I'm going to focus on Style 2 as that seems to be the most popular choice among the users here.

However, I think I will also be able to custom make them in style 1 if the customer really wants it that way, so nobody is left out.

At the moment, I am in the process of finding reliable suppliers of the parts I am going to need. I have decided to reduce the beta team down to five users to make the process go faster. I will be ordering my first batch of parts by the start of next week, which will take a few weeks to arrive. Should take me about a month in total to get units out to beta testers.

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
I don't own a log vape but I've always wanted one. The beautiful wood and designs are always calling to me. I kinda want one even more now that I have the Mini-VVPS in mind…

Not yet, but that is the plan. I'm pretty much entirely 'self' taught. I put self in quotes because were it not for the people like OF, Alan or Hippie Dickie (to name a few) putting their own hard work up on the board and answering my questions, I'd have never gotten into this.

This is inspiring! Good luck in your venture.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Hey there guys, a quick update,

Thanks to a friend, I've now come into possession of one of the venerable Purple Days vaporizers for testing with. I was able to give the mVVPS it's first real test last night with it, and I"m looking forward to testing it more. I was running it at 12.5 volts and was getting great hits out of it, so much so I didn't even touch the Cloud or the Herbalaire the whole night.

There is a couple of little quirks though. The dial is very sensitive and I'm having trouble finding a better alternative. The voltage can float a little bit between about +/- o.2 volts as well, and I think that is because of power fluctuations from the wall. They aren't big problems though, and for the most part it seems like this is going to work quite well.

Tweek

Damn, now I want to steal my PD back from my friend, just to try this when it's ready. Nice work :tup:

Tweek,

placetime

I'm having a hard time voting. I would probably find my sweet spot and leave it alone most of the time, so the wall version is better for that. The in-line version is easier to use, but it looks like it will be more than big enough to easily move HI's and POD's. The PD might be able to sit still with it, but I envision a lot of log tumbles with the in-line version. I'm not sure if the 8 foot version previously mentioned would help avoid this or not, but placement in-line should be given some serious consideration. I also would vote for some kind of a dimmer or something...I don't like extra lights on my vapes.
Great work CentiZen! :science:

The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to agree with what stickstones said about option 1 vs. option 2. (but I'm still open to either design)

placetime,

grokit

well-worn member
The voltage can float a little bit between about +/- o.2 volts as well, and I think that is because of power fluctuations from the wall.

I'm no electrician but couldn't a capacitor stabilize the voltage?

grokit,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom