• I would prefer the style of Option 2

Votes: 27 73.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I think I will need to use a slightly larger case than I have now, the new board is slightly bigger and it does not quite fit in with the large potentiometer I'm using. I'm thinking of switching over to a slightly longer design, and I'm actually going to go figure out which case I am going to switch to today.

And this newer verison is even more efficient than the last one, so instead of being hotter, it's actually going to run cooler.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Quick update; I'd edit my old post but too much time has passed.

I have chosen a new case, all of the hardware fits perfectly without it being too large. It's about the size of a deck of cards, without the dial. Here's some pictures of the first prototype:

wPjgged.jpg

7aohE9k.jpg

The first units are working flawlessly, and I expect to be able to get all of the units out this week. I am really happy with how well this version has come together, and I think it will prove itself to be worth the wait!

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Vngq9VH.jpg

Spent the week building and testing these 6 units, they are working very well! The new circuit board is much more efficient, and the multiturn dial makes adjusting voltages very easy, without sacrificing any of the range. The wider input range also makes it a lot easier on me to develop less expensive battery options.

To those who have ordered a miniVVPS, you'll be receiving a PM shortly to verify some options about the order, and they will be going in the mail over the weekend. Thanks for all the support and patience.

I've also made these little cable testers, which I'll be including for free in each package. Just put them somewhere safe and out of the way when you get it. These are so that you can easily identify where the fault is if a problem arises, whether it's with your power adapter or the miniVVPS itself. I don't think many of you will ever need to use them, but this will make troubleshooting any possible issues a lot easier for both of us.

ehMmvHw.jpg

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Nice! This knob really does make it easy to dial it right in! It's way better than the last version and my cheap ebay vvps I bought a while back. i wish that one had had this knob.

I've also made these little cable testers, which I'll be including for free in each package.

wtf?

stickstones,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I'm glad to hear you like the knob too!

Also, I'm not sure whether that 'W' stands for why or what, so I'll answer both. It's basically just a light on a plug, that will light up when you plug it into a cord that's powered or stay off if the line is dead. I'm hoping nobody ever really needs to use them, but on the off chance any part of the team (adapter, miniVVPS or the vape itself) stops working we can use this to figure out which one is at fault, which could save a lot of troubleshooting time in the future.

CentiZen,
Reactions: placetime
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom