Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Thanks OF, next time I give her a go. I'll do a multiple purge and weigh it. When visually looking in it looks full. In fact can tell when it didn't go in properly and top off easily. It seems to drop fast for the first 1/2. Maybe the bottom 1/2 lasts longer???
Not 100% on how long I got just in idle mode. Know it seemed a long time. Don't think its was 2 hours though. No matter.
I have gotten use to just filling 1 for 1 use and know it will make it even if I take my time. Which IMO is best for this lady.
Cheers,
Pipes

Pipes,

OF

You're welcome, glad to help when I can.

Remember the tank isn't hollow, there's a 'wick' in there as well. You should be able to do the 'invert trick' to spot half full of course. It's been too long and I couldn't find my notes (I keep a better notebook now...) but I do recall reading every 20 minutes or so and finding the weight tracking to a small bit of a gram what the maker said it would be. Only works with a 3 plus gram fill of course, put less in and you have put less in as they say......

I know what you mean by not running dry. It took a lot of bowls (weighing at the reload the bowl point) before I had confidence enough to refill the bowl and take it to the garden without weighing it. A few days ago I dug it out on a lark (and some good EC Sour Diesel and Kush bubble to try....) and ran a bowl through in two shots, took 1.3 grams of gas.....I checked. It's reloaded again, and back in it's case silently awaiting my bidding......makes a guy feel powerful some how.

OF

OF,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have been a bit disheartened lately about Iolite.
I owned and used two Iolite Classics, that in a year never failed me. I took them loaded.. one in each pocket on my Post Office run daily for a year.
I decided to pass these two guys on to a couple of community members and buy two new ones.
I got two new ones that both would not fire up.
I know my vapes, and use only Vector... and I did try.
Iolite asked that I return them, and i did.. and after a month, they sent me two replacements.
One of them fires up, but requires 3-5 clicks each time (my old two still fire on first click!)
Thje other brand new Iolite straight from them will not fire up at all.
It will not even click. The clicking mechanism makes an actual click sound 1 out of about 15 presses.
I wrote to them just now expressing my disappointment.. and sent a video of my "silent clicks" on a new unit out of the package for 5 minutes.
I hope this does not turn into another month long wait!

Vitolo,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Oh dear, I hope O&B get their act together. With all the problems with this and the WISPR as of late I have the feeling things aren't going all to well over there

CentiZen,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I called and spoke with Sarah, who was supportive and apologetic.
She had me give her the serial number, and said that she would send my replacement out
today with return instructions for the faulty one.... so that I would be without a unit for less time. I wait with hope that 3rd time is a charm!

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
After not using them for a time, over a year ago I busted out a couple of Iolites. They performed religiously for 18 months, as a pair on the road.
I decided that they were so tried and true that it would be a good pair to pass on to community members. I was right! They are functioning to this day.
The newer Iolites, seem to not all function the same… just like people…
Some people are fast to get the idea…(one or two clicks)
Some are slower and need to be clicked 4 times.
Here's where the story of my "High Functioning Iolite Classic" begins.
I bought two brand new Iolites to replace my gone ones.
After filling with Vector, both started after 2 clicks… but never started a second time.
I was amazed, and because I consider myself a vapor "pro" I decided it must be the butane. I purged, and I opened a new can of Vector. Still no luck.
I contacted Iolite, and they had me return BOTH units, and sent me two new ones.
One worked well, but the other had no click at all. The button provided a "clickless" depression. I called Iolite. I told them about this, and they said they were sending me a new unit immediately with a return instruction for the non clicker. (Progress… I did not have to presend my bad one)
I got my new Iolite. I think someone gave me a special souped up model!
I turned it on… and clicked the button once… WOOSH!!
It was like the roar of a jet engine. This Iolite rocks!
First click every time…. with a hair trigger so fine that it tries to click itself if I simply "think vape"!

Vitolo,
Reactions: Tweek

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Well, either they have a new peizo starter design or they have a box of awesome iolites to send out to the people who are important. Either way enjoy it!

CentiZen,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
Well, either they have a new peizo starter design or they have a box of awesome iolites to send out to the people who are important. Either way enjoy it!
I do not think "important' is key word.. I think they have a box of "souped up" units to save face when someone gets 3 bad ones in a row!~;)

Vitolo,

OF

I got my new Iolite. I think someone gave me a special souped up model!
I turned it on… and clicked the button once… WOOSH!!
It was like the roar of a jet engine. This Iolite rocks!
First click every time…. with a hair trigger so fine that it tries to click itself if I simply "think vape"!

Psst, buddy, how much you want for that Iolite? No questions asked......

OF

OF,

anivape

been a long time since I've posted, I've been happy with my iolites, as they age.
dropping in to say good words about iolite NACS warranty replacement.

Around three weeks turn around time on a rma replacement. including first email from support.
The initial response via email was a bit slow, and I was expecting no less than a month for round-trip mail like last time half a year ago.
but nope , awesome service. I felt like I just sent it. anyhow.

'yes it was the starter, it failed, like the other one I sent. 2 year warranty is great.

I now have three different versions of the iolite, sorry if this has been covered before.
It seems the starter was improved and serial numbers were assigned awhile ago, I call this v2.
The latest ones Ive seen, v2.5; one received from warranty and one I recently bought from amazon,
have greyish color insulator material, around the bowl, and in the stem chamber, not white like the v2 and earlier models.
I wonder if it is only cosmetic?

anivape,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Hi there!

Popping in again because the Iolite kicks ass and I'm shouting it from my virtual, vape-infested rooftop. While it's the vape that converted me to a full-on vaporist and ardent fuck combustionist, I don't use it much these days (got mine brand new in late January), but when I do it reminds me how convenient and awesome it is once you get your routine down (heating time, draw speed, etc.).

Since buying it new, there hasn't been a single instance where I've had to click more than twice to ignite after kicking it on. Absolutely zero issues. Love it.

Yay for my little black Iolite! :tup:

Vapinghole,
Reactions: OF

Dmitry

Hello. I was Iolite user for a year and today it broked. I can fill chamber full of gasoline but it "hsssss"-ing for first time well and then goes very-very poor on heat - it souns more rarely and less and less notable and finaly becomes silent on 3 or 4th "chamber breath"

what should i do to repair it?

Dmitry,

Vitolo

Vaporist
You have an internal fuel leak is what it sounds like.
There may be a disconnected tube, or a craked butane housing.
Call Iolite N.A., if your unit is only a year old they will replace it.
Contact them at cs@iolite.com

Vitolo,
Reactions: smokum

Dmitry

i did so. they replied me next day and told that i need "sales receipt". dunno what to send them - my iolite was bought quite time ago...

by the way - could you point me to any vaportizer that have such ability to travel with you in pocket?

Dmitry,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Check out the Pax and Inhalater Inh004 if you want something pocketable

CentiZen,

MrNorml

Thanks for the feed back, fellas, it is really hard to decide what to do, every time I think I've made a decision someone adds something that changes my mind again. I am getting my faulty MFLB replaced but cant decide if I should just get another one of those as a backup, or an iolite,decisions decisions.
I hate to say it, but, having had now 4 Iolites and I love them when they work but there is this reliability issue - have you checked out or considered the Solo? Not as stealthy, not as small, but reliability seems better than the Iolite to me... I still have 2 working Iolites but very rarely touch them now...

MrNorml,
I haven't used my iolite ever since i got the vhw, but today i used it again and i'm suprised how high i am after one bowl, half filled.

It's a nice little device!

Only wish the taste would last a little longer than just 2-3 draws...

SoulCaptivesAreFree,
Reactions: OF

Vitolo

Vaporist
What the Iolite has over other portables, is ..it is the one portable that can be pre filled... and can be "started" without the user ever looking at the unit.
in the case of a driver this is a plus!
I also have started my Iolite while on Ferris wheel!

OF

I also have started my Iolite while on Ferris wheel!

Big deal. The guy to really respect is the one that can finish an Iolite load on the Roller Coaster......

I do agree, the 'works without looking' is a useful feature, as is the ability to work in any orientation. Not the perfect vape, of course, but IMO one worth considering from a lot of angles. I keep one fueled, loaded and ready to go in it's little case. It usually has 50 or so mg of bubble added in the middle to spike it. A handy thing to grab sometimes, even if you don't end up using it.

OF

hehe, yeah it works well with bubble! taste lasts quite a bit this way - but cleaning it afterwards is a must and can be a bit irritating when the bubble just kicked in and you just want to relax, but know that once it's cooled of, it will be a lot more work getting it clean again...

for this reason i now prefer some mid grade dry-sift for the iolite - taste is also very nice, but it doesn't melt like the bubble and makes cleaning a lot easier...

have to admit that for the high grade hash (fmcd and fm) combustion is still the way to go for me - tiny, tiny doses with the hakko :)

edit: same goes for flowers in the iolite as well... i find that when i empty it after it has cooled down, a lot more material and resin will stick to the screen. Whereas if i empty it at once after it is cashed, it's a lot easier to keep clean...

OF

hehe, yeah it works well with bubble! taste lasts quite a bit this way - but cleaning it afterwards is a must and can be a bit irritating when the bubble just kicked in and you just want to relax, but know that once it's cooled of, it will be a lot more work getting it clean again...

Agreed. To make it easier to deal with I put the bubble in the middle of a herb load (typically 50 mg in 125 of ground herb). This keeps the screen from getting gummed up, at least right away. Usually it scrapes clean enough to use again without fuss. I also put the retainer ring under the screen so it's easy to push the screen out with a bamboo skewer, quickly flame it off and put it back. I use a square ended tool (an old rifle cartridge case in fact) to push it down square. Under a minute, hot or cold, for a quick clean that keeps it rolling.

It more than doubles the available THC in the load. I seldom finish it in one go. Neat machines for what they are.

OF

OF,

Vitolo

Vaporist
It is an Ed's TNT Iolite stem...
The latest wooden offering from Ed~
(somewhat thicker... and has a cut end... see Ed's Vapor Tube thread)

Vitolo,
Reactions: Ed's TnT
Top Bottom