• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

nickname1

my Iolite runs on electricity
it is non portable,

it is non portable,

-the herb chamber on the iolite vaporizer
is getting a bit loose, (the part connected to the device,not the part with the pipe and the mesh)
could you please kindly advice me how to adjust it
many thanks

is getting a bit loose, (the part connected to the device,not the part with the pipe and the mesh)
many thanks
it is non portable,

many thanks

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
nickname1,
Reactions: OF

OF

it is non portable,

many thanks

Thanks for the photo and further information. If you're concerned about the aluminum part with the post in it that is heated it's supposed to be a bit loose. It sits on a Silicone rubber piece as I reacall, it can't be solidly mounted to the case since it changes size and shape with heating.

The electrical part still has me confused. Most of us put Butane in the fill valve at the left end in the above photo. Then we turn on the switch and push the spark button to fire it up. The button being the thing sticking out the bottom back on your first photo, the switch is just above it?

How do you recharge your electrical version? TIA

Anyway, the oven part with the post is clamped inside the white rubber around it and is a bit loose by design. Not to worry.

OF

nickname1

Thanks for the photo and further information. If you're concerned about the aluminum part with the post in it that is heated it's supposed to be a bit loose. It sits on a Silicone rubber piece as I reacall, it can't be solidly mounted to the case since it changes size and shape with heating.

The electrical part still has me confused. Most of us put Butane in the fill valve at the left end in the above photo. Then we turn on the switch and push the spark button to fire it up. The button being the thing sticking out the bottom back on your first photo, the switch is just above it?

How do you recharge your electrical version? TIA

Anyway, the oven part with the post is clamped inside the white rubber around it and is a bit loose by design. Not to worry.

OF
Many thanks for your reply,
this iolite model is not rechargeable at all,it is run on electricity,plugged to the wall

In other words, not an Iolite.
You can call Oglesby and Butler to verify.
They can be reached toll free Monday through Friday 9-5 CST at 1-888-710-3055
In other words, not an Iolite.
You can call Oglesby and Butler to verify.
They can be reached toll free Monday through Friday 9-5 CST at 1-888-710-3055

thank you,
you are very right...

I think you'll find your answer here.
Another Skyda fake product. The blog, from our friends at PIU, states the plastic holder for the heater breaks down over time.

thank you ,
you are right,
i just realized i bought a fake iolite...

Mod note: Three posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:

Wizsteve

Thanks for the answer!

I know this is normal, but as i said, quite annoing.

The Wispr stops heating immediatly after switching it of, and such feature would be useful with the IOlite... Would be way more stealthier!

Anyone has an idea for a mod?

(Yes, i know: An electric Vapo would be the easiest way for me to go, but i felt in love with the IO.)

Adjustable Flame i am sure this would be possible.

OF

The Wispr stops heating immediatly after switching it of, and such feature would be useful with the IOlite... Would be way more stealthier!

Anyone has an idea for a mod?
Then the Wispr is the tool for you.
We can not alter the way the Iolite is designed.
Adjustable Flame i am sure this would be possible.

I think, once again, Vitolo hit it square on the head. IO continues to run after you shut the valve because of the plumbing. There is a 'line' from the valve to the metering assembly where it's burned as needed to control the temperature. The 'gas' will normally be liquid at that point so the trapped volume has to boil off to gas before the pressure on 'the burner side' of the cutoff valve can drop to zero and the action really stopped. No mod is possible to change this, at least not reasonable ones I think.

Attempts to lower the flame heat by throttling the gas flow to the regulating assembly would still have this issue (trapped Butane).

Whisper is the 'fix' for this problem that some (but not all of us) have with the IO.

"Those fleas come with the dog".

OF

Wizsteve

Lowering the flame?:shrug:, If there was a switch to increase the heat it would burn off faster and i really don't see why they haven't made it adjustable. Wouldn't it be nice if you could fine tune your temps?
to have temps from Iolite to Wisper and beyond? :clap:

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
If it had a user flow control, the device would not be able to regulate the temperature. This is not a lighter and they use a fairly unique way of heat feedback to regulate. As OF pointed out the off/on switch is upstream of the regulating value. The value uses two different types of metals held together via a clip spring. The expansion of the two metals are different when heated. Both metals have a hole which aligns when cold but mis-aligns when hot thus choking off the gas. The hole placement is the hardware set temperature control. Very reliable set up, and is time proven as well.

Last edited:

Wizsteve

If it had a user flow control, the device would not be able to regulate the temperature. This is not a lighter and they use a fairly unique way of heat feedback to regulate. As OF pointed out the off/on switch is upstream of the regulating value. The value uses two different types of metals held together via a clip spring. The expansion of the two metals are different when heated. Both metals have a hole which aligns when cold but mis-aligns when hot thus choking off the gas. The hole placement is the hardware set temperature control. Very reliable set up, and is time proven it as well.

So this would need to be upgraded as well ,see my idea is a switch with a few more heat settings
and you just showed me how it could be done. thank you :) .

Just add more wires with different heat points with a switch to chose which set to use.
(this would be the mech version)

Or add a electric chip or whatever that could control it powered by a few flat button batteries:science:

Wizsteve,
Reactions: KidFated.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I did a great session a few days ago with one of my Iolites.
Different delivery systems always add to the intensity with which your herbs affect you.
I love the Iolite, and even when I had a few good portables I would love to take two with me.
I would prefill both
One for the ride to the post office, and then doing errands.....
And I would pull out the second for the trip home, and getting inside of house and settling in.. and both would be dead soldiers, ready for rejuvenation, and ABV relinquishment.
So I redid the Old routine, and loved using my Iolites again so well that this
morning I pulled out the old original model gotten back from the police after a unfortunate run-in, but I did get it back nonetheless.
Anyone remember this puppy?
download.spark

Last edited:
Top Bottom