• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

i-olite

Manufacturer
Edit: Usage Tips

macbill said:
* You need good butane. Not Ronson. You want butane that has been super-refined - that is to say, with fewer impurities. Vector, Colobri are two such brands, available online or check out your local tobacco/cigar store. See also: http://www.keen-newport.com/ourBenchmark.htm

* Be aware that even good brands have impurities. Shake your can before mating with your Iolite. Many people stop refilling from these cans as they become empty because of impurities. You can use the butane for less finicky devices.

* When you fill your unit the first time, bleed off anything that might be in the Iolite tank. Depress the Iolite fuel nozzle with a pen tip or other pointy device. You want to do that occasionally to bleed off any air that may enter the unit, as some kind of inert gas is used as a propellant in the butane can, and it gets in. Sometimes that can be a problem if your unit has a full tank of propellent instead of gas.

* You may may want to use a rubber band to hold the chamber to the unit. Believe me, inevitably you will pick the unit up by the stem and spill your load.

* You'll find the the unit is easier to light if it is warm. Filling with burtane makes it cold, so hold it in the palms of your hands for a half a minute or so.

* It is very important that you do not leave your stems installed if you are not using the unit. They are very easy to break. Especially when hot. But you will find if easier if you remove them while the unit is still warm. Otherwise, the golden vapeing residue will glue them in when the Iolite is cold. No probs. if you forget: just heat the unit to remove the stem.

* Your herb ought to be fairly dry and ground small. How small? For me, I grind it to about the size of sea salt, or for those hujnters out there, 16 to 18 gauge shoti.

* Some folks wait for a pre-heat (1 or 2 heating cycles) before loading and toking. I don't. I like it pre-loaded before I start it. It minimizes (for me) the hassles. Try it all ways and find the one you like. It is all good.

I'm sure I forgot something. All this talk of Iolites convinced to have a load whilst typing. Hopefully others will chime in, so new users don't have to go through the whole thread for basic, operational hints.

Mod note: Important warranty information for the iolite-

The previous warranty policy, requiring units bought after Feb. 1, 2010 to have been purchased through an authorized dealer, has been changed. Now ANY IOLITE, NO MATTER WHERE IT WAS PURCHASED, WILL BE COVERED UNDER THE TWO YEAR WARRANTY AS LONG AS THE OWNER HAS PROOF OF PURCHASE IN THE FORM OF A RECEIPT OR INVOICE .

max

Out to lunch
We're very glad to see you post here on behalf of your company. Personally, I'm quite surprised. Since producing vaporizers is a new endeavor for you (correct me here if I'm wrong), I assumed (incorrectly it seems) you would leave the consumer contact responsibility to the dealers. We really appreciate the opportunity to ask questions and in turn, I think you'll get quite a bit of useful feedback.

If the admin team on this site have a problem with us posting on this site please let us know as soon as possible.
We welcome manufacturers here. We even have a thread where dealers/resellers can announce themselves and we'll soon add a thread for time limited sales as well. We do not allow spamming or selling in forum posts, but I'm sure you don't have time for that anyway. ;)

My primary question about your new vape (mine should be delivered any day now)- how does the flameless gas catalytic heater use butane to produce heat without flame? And is ALL of the butane broken down into CO2 and water vapor? No leftover carbon?

I'm sure I'll have more questions after I get my hands on one of these new vapes. I'm sure you'll get plenty of questions from other members here as well. Do you have a website that will contain info on the I-inhale? I'm sure an FAQ page would cut down the number of questions you'd have to answer directly.

Good luck with your new product Iiv. We look forward to trading info with you. :)

max,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I got a question.

What is the vape actually made of? I know, plastic, but what kind. Is it ROHS compliant? Gimme as much details about the parts and process in making it as you can and are willing to at your convenience.

This vape is getting a lot of buzz but I'm really concerned about it's insides and maybe detrimental effects to your health from so much plastic. How did you guys engineer it to be 'safe'? Afterall, that is why most people actually vaporize; concern for their health.

Just curious. I'd also really like to know max's ?'s answers, especially heat with no flame....

SpiralArchitect,
Reactions: Vicki

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Hey Iiv :wave: Great to have a rep around for this very intriguing vaporizer!

So Clear_Dome helped fix your server? Cool. :D

SpiralArchitect said:
What is the vape actually made of? I know, plastic, but what kind. Is it ROHS compliant?
Some info on http://www.i-inhale.com/ ('Product Quality and Safety' page) 'FDA approved plastics, ISO:9001-2001' The company (Oglesby & Butler) apparently has 25 years manufacturing gas powered heat tools (http://www.portasol.com/) so that's reassuring. Danta in irinn. :tup:

Can't wait to hear more about this thing!

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
vtac said:
Some info on http://www.i-inhale.com/ ('Product Quality and Safety' page) 'FDA approved plastics, ISO:9001-2001' The company (Oglesby & Butler) apparently has 25 years manufacturing gas powered heat tools (http://www.portasol.com/) so that's reassuring. Danta in irinn. :tup:

Can't wait to hear more about this thing!
Thanks vtac. I didn't have sense enough to search for i-inhale.COM. :doh: I'm hoping mine arrives today. I'm anxious to try it out. Already have a good tip from the Vaporstore owner-about a foot or so of tubing helps the vapor go down a bit smoother. ;)

max,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I sent back my message and edit my post !!!, I do apology for my post ....Welcome on Fc ,and glad to get you here , it will be easier to ask question ,hope you enjoy the forum

-CD

Clear_Dome,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Just for the record, they didn't get the email because their server rejected it due to our colorful domain name. :D

Anyway, the fact that I-inhale thought enough of the vapor community to register here says something. I think a lot of people have high hopes for this new vape and for good reason.

Since we're asking questions, can you tell us more about the removable moisture condenser?

Some I-inhale specs from the website:

Length 102mm
Width 25mm
Breadth 64mm
Weight (empty) 81g
Operating time Up to 120 min
Operating temp 190C
Wattage (equivalent) 125W
Refill time (typical) 10 seconds
Approval / Quality standards ISO:9000-2001
Bowl capacity 500mg/0.5g

:cool:

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
WOUHOU !!!I'M also realy hurry to get mine !! I have a lot of hope in this vap ....so stealth :brow:

Clear_Dome,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Does the i, in i-inhale, stand for Ireland? Since this vape is from there, afterall..... or is it exploiting off the 'iPod theme'? I hope it's not the latter.... so unoriginal. But meh, I digress.

SpiralArchitect,

max

Out to lunch
Got mine yesterday, but our internet svc. was down last night. Since Vaporstore gave a presale price break to 420mag members, I posted my review there today and I'll just repost it here. Didn't go into descriptions of use, etc. since Vaporstore already has some vids posted at youtube. So on to my thoughts on this new vape-

Mine was in the mailbox when I got home Friday. Nice box. You can tell from the package quality that this vape is made by a company that has money and an established infrastructure. Let's hope Oglesby & Butler's experience with butane fueled products will make this vape safe and reliable.
The box shows a white unit, but I think only black with an off white trim is available now, at least in the US. Looks like they'll have yellow, orange, green, and the white available next year. The black one is what I would have chosen anyway.

Haven't seen any measurements posted, so here goes- almost 4 1/4" long and 2 1/2" wide, about 7/8" thick. If you include the installed 'stem' it's about 5 3/8" long. The mouthpiece extension (and white removeable mouthpiece) takes the length to 7 1/4". You really do need the mouthpiece extension and/or tubing, since the 'out of the box' vape with just the installed stem, gets pretty warm. I call it the 'stem' (since it's not long enough-heat wise-to use by itself), but they call it the "multi option mouthpiece". Extending the mouthpiece isn't an option, but a necessity, unless you like hot lips. It won't burn you but it gets pretty warm (some would say hot), and an extension cools the vapor as well. The vent half of the vape also gets very warm with extended use and I found a 3 fingered hold at the bottom where the on/off switch is, to be a good position.

I added about 6" of typical vape tubing (3/8" diameter, 1/4" inner diameter). You have to wiggle the tubing on-tight fit-, but once on, it shouldn't come off. I agree 100% that adding some tubing makes it a much more enjoyable experience. You at least need the mouthpiece extension-haven't tried that yet.

It can give pretty good hits. Depends on how much you load. Advertised capacity is .5g. My first load was .1g. Got some nice hits from that. It's pretty efficient. I put the .1g remains in my SSV and got another hit or two, but at a higher temp. I-inhale temp is limited to 374 F (190 C), so you can get a little more if you revape at a higher temp. There's no burning, so the I-inhale's thermostat works well. Loaded the bowl up later on and let my wife try it. She got quite a few hits and reported it hit smoothly. Her review- "This little sucker's great!"

The vape is really pretty easy to use. You just have to figure out the loading process as far as what suits you. It hisses (the manual calls it a 'roar') with a static sound when it's heating up-noisy enough to hear from across a small room if it's quiet. Turn on the TV and you can't hear it. The thermostat cycles it on/off, and you hear it a little after turning it off, as it dissipates the butane that's already been dispensed. Definitely quiet enough to make a great stealth vape at a concert, or in a movie theater where you don't have anyone next to you. Stick it in your shirt pocket with tubing attached, and it's totally hands free.

This vape mostly closely competes with the Volatizer VM3. Haven't used the VM3, but from reviews I've seen, the I-inhale hits better and long term, the butane system should outlast the VM3's battery, where you'll get shorter charge times down the road. It's about the same size, and if it holds up (it should-proven catalytic system), they should sell a lot of them, since it beats the VM3 price by $200.

The drawbacks-a lot of plastic and small parts, so it'll take care to avoid accidents, stripped threads, or losing small pieces. For example, if you unscrew the two sections of the mouthpiece before you ever use the unit, the moisture condenser may well fall out. It did with me. It's so small you may not notice it. It doesn't need the condenser for dry herb and you can remove it if you like.

It looks like this vape will do better with frequent cleaning. The condenser that fell out of the mouthpiece when clean, had to be poked out after the first night's use. It was sticky with condensed vapor, as was the tool after poking it through. You get an extra mouthpiece (including the condenser) and top and bottom screen. The screens don't have a real fine mesh, so small particles of herb will add to the cleaning chore. Parts will be available on the i-inhale.com site but are not listed there yet. I sent an email to the company today, asking about parts pricing.

Overall, it seems to be a really nice stealth portable. Time will tell for long term reliability, and I still have questions about how the butane catalytic process works and the safety of the plastics used. Because of the plastic construction and all the parts this vape will need careful use and cleaning. I plan to use it as a portable for brief sessions, so we'll wait for reports from heavy duty users to see how it holds up with frequent use.

That was my 420mag review. For this forum I'll add this opinion. If you need/want a portable this small, and are willing to risk the 'yet to be detmined safety' aspect, and can afford the price ($240 'buy it now' or best offer auctions are already up on eBay), I think you'll be happy with this unit as far as hit delivery and stealth. As an 'only vape' for a daily user who doesn't really need the portabiltiy, the PD or other, more standard whip vape would be a much better buy. When I consider the 'oh so easy' cleaning, simplicity, safety, and durability of the PD compared to this vape of many tiny parts, it's no contest. This is a pocket portable, and if you want the pluses you've gotta be prepared for the minuses that go with it.

max,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Hm. Kinda what I figured. :/ Plastic-y, cumbersome, questionable. That was a great review though. Thanks for sharing. :D

Keep us informed on how you grow to like/use it max. I'm convinced that this vaporizer is going become very popular, but I'm still so damn worried about the possible health effects. That and how it actually works.

I hope the i-inhale dude comes back soon to help me relinquish my worries..... :)

BTW; I never thought of using a vaporizer in a movie theatre.... your giving me bad ideas dude. :brow:

SpiralArchitect,

max

Out to lunch
We may make the I-inhale guy regret registering here. ;) Even if he doesn't have time to post and answer questions, we have his email address. If he can't reassure us as to safety, well, they'll still sell a lot of 'em, but there will be doubt and doubters, and some will avoid it.

I like using it-good hits-it's still a novelty. But cleaning and safety concerns will limit my use. I'm glad it's not my only vape. I also hope the prices on parts will be reasonable. It's early in the game. We'll see how it goes.

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I don't really have the need for a portable vape but if it is an effective unit, I can justify the cost of getting one of these units. At most, I would probably need a portable vape once a month.

Max, if you were to give your vaporizers a theoretical rank for overall satisfaction of the hit, what score would you give the i-inhale in respect to the PD and the SSV?

stonemonkey55,

max

Out to lunch
Max, if you were to give your vaporizers a theoretical rank for overall satisfaction of the hit, what score would you give the i-inhale in respect to the PD and the SSV?
The SSV leaves nothing to be desired in the hits dept. for me. The inhale bowl can hold about 20 times as much herb as the PD without even packing it, so big hits are possible. It's smooth too, with some tubing on it. Too soon to say much more. I've only vaped about 4 bowls to this point.

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Well, I just put in my order for the i-inhale, got it for 200 smackers at Vaporstore. Although I didn't really see the need now that I got the PD and it is fairly portable, I figure the i-inhale will be for those emergency situations when I'm not the driver or if I don't have access to going back to my car to vape...It's nice having a vape for each occasion.

stonemonkey55,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
Mine is on the road :D ...I curious to see if the cold weater outside will affect the vaporizer some time we get like -40 outside soo....I'm realy hurry and curious to see that new toys in action !!!

ps : will the butan first will stay liquid at 30-40C ??

Clear_Dome,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
completely off topic but how do you change what appears below your name? Mine says "vaporist" and Clear Dome's says "Vap and Absinth" I couldn't find where you change this? Can anyone help?

Max, any update as you get more hands on testing with this unit?

stonemonkey55,

max

Out to lunch
Although I didn't really see the need now that I got the PD and it is fairly portable
Unless you get a Vapolution battery pack and charger, the PD is restricted to an AC outlet or car/boat cig lighter. The i-inhale can go anywhere and is supposed to run 2 hrs straight on a full supply of butane. And since it heats up within a minute, you don't have to keep it on continuously, further extending your portability.

how do you change what appears below your name?
You can't. At least not yet. Anyone with a different title is either a moderator or their title has been changed by one. It'd be nice to set it up so you could change your own title after a certain # of posts, but I don't know if the software is flexible enough to allow it. That's a question vtac will have to answer.

Max, any update as you get more hands on testing with this unit?
It's working well. I find that I'm getting a hit or two with some nice taste. Thermostat seems to work very well. Remains are a nice, even brown color. You can't always tell when you're getting a hit, so sometimes you have to go on faith or effect. You need some tubing or at least the mouthpiece extension, which I haven't used yet. I love it as a portable if we can get some assurance that it's safe. We'll have to wait and see how well or poorly it bounces on a cement floor too. :lol:

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Max, thanks for the update! Much appreciated. If you get a chance, would love to see your tips for reducing the learning curve of this machine, ie how full should you pack the bowl, how many "hits" per bowl, should you stir after 5 hits or so, etc etc.

stonemonkey55,

max

Out to lunch
should you stir after 5 hits or so
No stirring needed unless you 'pack' the bowl, which is not advised. I haven't determined how much weight it holds just dumping the ground herb in, but the capacity is supposed to be .5g. If you don't pack it, the load is loose enough for good air flow throughout the bowl, and if you do pack it full, stirring would be difficult, just like with a full PD bowl.

max,
Top Bottom