Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Hi, im new to this forum... i also own an iolite and it has been a love hate love hate love love thing ha.. mainly because it seemed to take on a burned popcorn taste pretty quickly.. and made it less than enjoyable... also my screen got poked by the spike and was letting particles thru... i modified this w/ a finer screen... i abandoned this for a MFLB recently and have been unintentionally exclusively vaporizing for over a month now and i am loving it(i feel great), i dont even miss my bong haha... all the methods and techniques used to manipulate the launch box(batteries/different PA levels) inadvertently helped me get the most out of my iolite and get an understanding on what is effective... now i get a flavorful experience every time for most of the session... they are just 2 different vaporizers and i love them both... i have learned how to be on the iolite's schedule and now it is a perfect porta-vape that i like for hiking and camping or the type situations where a one hitter or carrying batteries is not practical... i also use it sometimes at home since i only own portable vapes... though i use it pretty infrequently these days mainly because of stories of them not working for long... now mine has a problem w/ the gas not getting triggered when i flip the switch but it happens randomly and always works again fine later on... i have a friend who has the same problem as i do... i am not sure why it does that but since its not my only vape its no inconvenience for now... between my portable vaporizers i get everything i really need to(effects/portability -wise)... i still wouldnt mind a good desk top unit but dont need one atm. if it aint broke, rite?

Galactus

Hi, im new to this forum... i also own an iolite and it has been a love hate love hate love love thing ha.. mainly because it seemed to take on a burned popcorn taste pretty quickly.. and made it less than enjoyable... also my screen got poked by the spike and was letting particles thru... i modified this w/ a finer screen... i abandoned this for a MFLB recently and have been unintentionally exclusively vaporizing for over a month now and i am loving it(i feel great), i dont even miss my bong haha... all the methods and techniques used to manipulate the launch box(batteries/different PA levels) inadvertently helped me get the most out of my iolite and get an understanding on what is effective... now i get a flavorful experience every time for most of the session... they are just 2 different vaporizers and i love them both... i have learned how to be on the iolite's schedule and now it is a perfect porta-vape that i like for hiking and camping or the type situations where a one hitter or carrying batteries is not practical... i also use it sometimes at home since i only own portable vapes... though i use it pretty infrequently these days mainly because of stories of them not working for long... now mine has a problem w/ the gas not getting triggered when i flip the switch but it happens randomly and always works again fine later on... i have a friend who has the same problem as i do... i am not sure why it does that but since its not my only vape its no inconvenience for now... between my portable vaporizers i get everything i really need to(effects/portability -wise)... i still wouldnt mind a good desk top unit but dont need one atm. if it aint broke, rite?

So would you recommend an iolite? i might be able to pick one up locally depending on price.
Whats a good price do you think for a used polite?

Galactus,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have given from 35 dollars all the way up to 125 for a used Iolite... depending on condition, and owner habits and attitudes I detected. (This tells a bit about how the unit was treated too!)
A like new unit that works each time would be a good find at 100 dollars

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
i would recommend... i got mine for free brand new used for one fill, because a friend hated it... lucky me haha.. but ya i recommend hitting it consistently though until done... if it sits too long it heats up and your bowl tastes shitty for the rest of the time instead of awesome... that took me a long time to get for some reason haha. but ya keep it cool and its waay worth it... i use mine for disc golf and out door things away from electricity... also around the house some times... its not really a one hitter tho u mite as well vape the whole load once u start it IMO... a good price for a used one id say no more than 100.. id aim for a new-ish one who's owner couldn't appreciate it, for a good price rather than buy one from some one who enjoyed it thoroughly haah.. Use very dry fine grind/loose packed.. this thing hits but Don't expect huge lung busting clouds, but this thing is very efficient and effective... make sure it starts up w/o trouble and that the gas flows nice every time; i have a little problem w/ that gas flow thing but i smack it against my hand n it starts flowing so its no big deal for me.. if mine broke i would definitely replace it... because its butane it has its own special uses... when i'm near electricity though i just use my launch box though.
- ive been eyeballing a da vinci but its a couple hours away and brand new... 150 i really wanna pull the trigger on that but i dont wanna drive out there to get it haha.. maybe ill just wait n see

Buildozer,

Galactus

Yea i was actually wanting to use this for disk golf as well, all my friends smoke cigars when we play and id rather not combust..
Ok he says this one is a month old and its $80, so i think im going to get myself a new portable tonight :)

Galactus,
Reactions: Buildozer

Vitolo

Vaporist
DSometimes people sell an Iolite cheap because they do not understand it, and they can not get a consistent light....
They are using cheap fuel many times, and so the unit has been "dirty"... I get these from folks and after a purge (or 2-3) and Vector or it's equivalent We are in grand shape!~

Vitolo,
Reactions: OF

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
DSometimes people sell an Iolite cheap because they do not understand it, and they can not get a consistent light....
They are using cheap fuel many times, and so the unit has been "dirty"... I get these from folks and after a purge (or 2-3) and Vector or it's equivalent We are in grand shape!~
Yes.. i see them for sale often and it seems thats the case; its cool that lots of used ones for sale r not too used... i almost instantly got rid of mine because i didnt understand it... im glad i hung in there... i only use good butane on my iolite too...
- My friend got a almost new one from some guy that was supposedly given it by a friend and used it once... it seemed broken when i checked it out for him but i didnt know that he had switched it on and then off right away before i looked at it and when i flipped the gas on the igniton light turned on w/o hitting the ignition button.. i didnt know y it would do that and i thought something was wrong w/ it and he lowered the risk to 20 from 40. that guy hadnt used it really either so he had no idea... he just wanted some money NOW ha.. ha that was a lucky accident because on the way home i asked my friend if maybe he had started it up before i looked at it and he said yeah, so we let it cool down all the way n tried again and it worked perfectly... it worked out for everyone i guess...

Buildozer,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
yesterday took this thing on the road w/ me to visit family all day... it was soo nice.. flavor is like a mini EQ ha... i love this thing... my LB would have been a hassle to use all day like that... wouldnt have tasted nearly as nice either...:mmmm:

Buildozer,

OF

yesterday took this thing on the road w/ me to visit family all day... it was soo nice.. flavor is like a mini EQ ha... i love this thing... my LB would have been a hassle to use all day like that... wouldnt have tasted nearly as nice either...

Yeah, I really like mine as well (well enough to have a spare....'just in case').

Ever try putting about 50 or 75 mg (maybe 1/15 to 1/20 of a gram) of bubble hash in the center of the load? Wow! It's like turbo, it's not only very nice but goes and goes and goes. It more than doubles the THC load available. I find I can get 3 such 'combo bowls' (usually in two sessions each) on a charge of gas. The unit holds just over 3 grams of gas, I find weighing it important to knowing how it'll perform.

BTW I also use a short (half inch piece) of 1/4 tube to hook the 3/16 mouthpiece for VG (half a buck....) with the stem part cut off to the stem of the Iolite. Very cool and natural for 'sipping' from the Iolite.

Anyway, you're right about it, neat little gadget for sure.

OF

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Ya i used to HATE this vape at first but i was obviously crazy haha.. ya i have tried it all kinds of extracts w/ and w/o herb in my iolite haa... i'm a bubble hash fan myself... man that's a joy to puff on... i have a ~7" piece of surgical tubing i use to extend the mouth stem, it cools it down just enough, and isn't so big that it looks to weird... i find like to grind all my vape bud to MFLB consistency and dryness, even for my EQ.. i like not working so hard to get more dense, flavorful, immediate hits... don't have to warm up as much before starting to puff away..

Vape-Nation

Filling the gas is kind of annoying, but the temperature setting is really nice and mellow in this unit. Love the fixed temp and easy on/off controls. There's basically nothing to using this vape, it's dead easy.

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Filling the gas is kind of annoying, but the temperature setting is really nice and mellow in this unit. Love the fixed temp and easy on/off controls. There's basically nothing to using this vape, it's dead easy.
At first i really didn't like that it had a fixed temp, and how i had to refill it after ~2 hrs... i usually use it by myself and the gas seems to last long enough for me.. the way i use it, i can easily get at least 4 full bowls out of a filling... after messing w/ batteries for a while, the butane refilling is no big deal... one can lasts me more fills than i care to count haha... doesn't seem like much of a trade-off to me anymore... id much rather carry a light can of butane in my pocket and be able to go anywhere, rather than carrying batteries and a charger and have to stay near a power source... unless i was going to be traveling near a power source the whole time i guess; but that's usually not the case:)

Buildozer,

Tuck Styles

Smokin' the competition.
Is this about the IOLITE original or the WISPR. I have likes and complaints about both from my previous history of vapes. Slowly but surely I have transitioned completely away from butane powered vapes because I can't stand the hissing while having to wait for the proper temp to be reached again, and the temp control itself is seemingly inferior to other portable vapes that utilize any type of batteries. My IO and WISPR worked wonderfully but I would not recommend them for the price.

Tuck Styles,

Vitolo

Vaporist
This thread is about the Classic Iolite. The Wispr has it's own thread.
The temp control is not inferior... there simply is no temp control. The unit is designed to stay at one temp.
Those that are fans of the Iolite like the hiss.... it reminds you that you have a unit going once you are already medicated and getting forgetful!

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Ha good point about the hiss Vitolo.. kinda kills it for stealth but that's not a big concern of mine...

Tuck Styles, i find that i don't have to wait much longer than a few heat up cycles to start vaping consistently... could you be causing the need for these long wait up times, to counteract too hard of a draw, maybe? maybe the vapor it gives is just too far from combustion to satisfy you?.. i get nice hits consistently w/ no waiting past first few heat cycles.. so i have to assume the problem isn't your Iolite.. its likely the way you use it, that is the problem.. i have had that problem myself and it is a common one i'd imagine... believe me i used to hate this thing for the same reasons but i love it now, for good reason... i just had to learn to use it how it wanted to be used, rather than how i want to use it... good luck w/ them..

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
i got my iolite from a friend that didn't like it from the start and never used it... he moved to new yourk and gave it to me... since i have a number of vapes now, he asked if he could have it back next time hes in town... i'm glad he wants to give the iolite(vaping) another shot.. ill show him how to use it right this time.

OF

i got my iolite from a friend that didn't like it from the start and never used it... he moved to new yourk and gave it to me... since i have a number of vapes now, he asked if he could have it back next time hes in town... i'm glad he wants to give the iolite(vaping) another shot.. ill show him how to use it right this time.

Sounds to me like he's got a true friend.

Some guys I know would blow him off....he's four time zones away for heaven's sake......

I agree, Iolite is cool if you accept (and use it within) it's limitations. IMO it forces a guy to slow down, relax and enjoy the session.

OF

OF

that's one thing iv'e really come to like about it.. definitely limited to a relaxing pace..

You wanna have some cheap fun with it? Next time you're ordering a VG, buy a few spare 3/16 inch (old version) mouthpieces. Fifty cents each! Then cut the skinny part off and use a half inch or so of 1/4 inch tube to put it on top of the short stem on the Iolite. A very pleasant mouthpiece for just such reflective moments. Reminds me of sitting around the hubbly bubbly with friends sipping and discussing the problems of a troubled world.

OF

OF,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
i guess my buddy's not coming back in town for at least ~2 months... so it looks like i'm going to have it around for a little bit longer...:tup: that's cool because i still like it but i'm also about ready to let it go.

Buildozer,

Papa Smurff

New User here, Looking for a shortcut to some help please... (so be gentle, hehe)
Is there a FAQ or a single page on using the iolite correctly?
Mine is on the shelf due to frustrations... I figured it was user error. Sounds right, but too tired to read 152 pages of posts.....

Papa Smurff,

OF

New User here, Looking for a shortcut to some help please... (so be gentle, hehe)
Is there a FAQ or a single page on using the iolite correctly?
Mine is on the shelf due to frustrations... I figured it was user error. Sounds right, but too tired to read 152 pages of posts.....

First off, howdy, welcome to the Forums. Good stuff here.

I don't know of a single page like you want, Vitolo just gave you the manual (which you had??).

What seems to be the problem with your unit? What kind of fuel are you feeding it?

I think we can get you sorted out.....

OF

HSIHP

I've thinking about getting a butane filled vape for a while now for certain situations (power outages, long term camping trips) and I think I may pick up an iolite soon. Besides the wispr being a little quieter is there any other reason to spend the extra money? It looks like this thread has more positive comments than the wispr one...

HSIHP,
Top Bottom