Discontinued Indica Vaporizer

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Reloads.

The spacer comes out hot but cools quickly. Sometimes it taps out. Sometimes I need the included pick tool. Loading is easy for me with my smoker's tool that had a small spoon on it. The lid slides right in.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Let's not forget that the plate inside the oven door gets pretty hot too.

It's not really an easy on-the-go load. Aside from the hot door, and in my case the hot spacer as well, the load tends to clump up and that requires you to poke it loose before dumping. (Of course this will vary depending on the quality of your stash.) The chamber is recessed and you have to be careful when loading to get everything inside. I'm not saying it's hard, but I wouldn't call it convenient. I never considered the Pax to be convenient to load on the go either.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Let's not forget that the plate inside the oven door gets pretty hot too.

It's not really an easy on-the-go load. Aside from the hot door, and in my case the hot spacer as well, the load tends to clump up and that requires you to poke it loose before dumping. (Of course this will vary depending on the quality of your stash.) The chamber is recessed and you have to be careful when loading to get everything inside. I'm not saying it's hard, but I wouldn't call it convenient. I never considered the Pax to be convenient to load on the go either.

got to be easier than my Ascent

mmenzie,
Reactions: Vitolo

Indica Vaporizer

President
Manufacturer
Hi guys, Here’s a quick heads up to bring the FC community up to speed. The beta team, completed stage 1 of testing the Indica’s preparedness for Market. So many times had I been warned not to release this product to the market until it was worthy by the experts of your community that I had to listen closely. Additionally being a new kid on the block with the desire to be in this industry for a long time merits a brand with a positive reputation. Your warnings and my desires to help improve upon the quality of products currently in the same class seems to have been met.

I have begun production but have not opened the sales portal. I still have to complete some work over the next 5 to 7 days with our customer service software and answering service. Later next week, we should be open for business, but no 100% guarantees. There will only be 1000 units available at first, so this will limit availability until China return from it’s New Year, then once again, more product will be available late February.

Now regarding the reviews that are being posted, I had asked the Beta team if they could suggest respected unbiased individuals beyond themselves. With these names I asked these individuals plus several other individuals that had contacted me early in this process if they would be willing. Each said yes and I am grateful for the time and commitment to their thorough dissecting of my product. Each post has been as much a surprise to me as to you in the community.

As much as the Indica has positive traits, there still is room for improvement. I look forward to all you thoughts, comments, suggestions and even frustrations, as this will assist me in finding a better solution in the future. I can’t promise daily or even weekly posting, but I will keep a daily eye on comments and activity here at FC.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Hi guys, Here’s a quick heads up to bring the FC community up to speed. The beta team, completed stage 1 of testing the Indica’s preparedness for Market. So many times had I been warned not to release this product to the market until it was worthy by the experts of your community that I had to listen closely. Additionally being a new kid on the block with the desire to be in this industry for a long time merits a brand with a positive reputation. Your warnings and my desires to help improve upon the quality of products currently in the same class seems to have been met.

I have begun production but have not opened the sales portal. I still have to complete some work over the next 5 to 7 days with our customer service software and answering service. Later next week, we should be open for business, but no 100% guarantees. There will only be 1000 units available at first, so this will limit availability until China return from it’s New Year, then once again, more product will be available late February.

Now regarding the reviews that are being posted, I had asked the Beta team if they could suggest respected unbiased individuals beyond themselves. With these names I asked these individuals plus several other individuals that had contacted me early in this process if they would be willing. Each said yes and I am grateful for the time and commitment to their thorough dissecting of my product. Each post has been as much a surprise to me as to you in the community.

As much as the Indica has positive traits, there still is room for improvement. I look forward to all you thoughts, comments, suggestions and even frustrations, as this will assist me in finding a better solution in the future. I can’t promise daily or even weekly posting, but I will keep a daily eye on comments and activity here at FC.

glad you posted that... i was under the impression you WERE open for business. that still gives me time to find the funds to try this

Foghorne

Indica,

Can one just ease on in to the location in Boulder, CO and pick one of these up or is it internet only?

Foghorne,

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Could anyone speak to the efficiency of the Indica? By efficiency I mean how much herb the the Indica uses to achieve the same effects compared to other vaporizers. I used to own a PAX which, while a fine portable, was IMO quite a hog. Your mileage may vary, but for me, it was a BIG negative for the PAX.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Wow.
Gimme a few minutes to get my act together.
I have a lot positive to say about the Indica.. maybe a couple of comments too... but I like this thing.
Could anyone speak to the efficiency of the Indica?.....a BIG negative for the PAX.
At first glance one would thing that the Pax and the Indica would hold the same amount... but not exactly. I love my Pax for what it is, but I admit it is touchy to maintain. That is not such an issue here, and this Indica is more efficient than the Pax. I will sort out in the next hour what I really want to say here.
Camera has to be charged before it will "give up" my findings.....
Be aware guys.... I am doing this by the books, so I have only been using the unit with a screen, and with huge success. Later I will try without the screen and compare..

With or without screen, the word to the wise is.... since the air path is deep within, after the grind, put in a pinch of what is not the absolute finest of powder as a base. That will help prevent any of the finest particles from inching in where they are not wanted.

I have had a number of great sessions.
I see the point now to the lighter emulation! When unit is off... OR being used....
once that lid is shut, there is zero odor.
There is not even a hint of vape smell that accompanies the Pax mouthpiece area!
That alone is a level of stealth that I appreciate.
I am not trying to pass this off as a lighter..... and when I am in public I do vape... always!
But once in a while a person passes .. that I just do not want to share the scent with.
Click.. cover closed and ... "it never happened".
More in a short time!

llamaman001

HELL YES! That is exactly what I wanted to hear, finally a real stealthy portable. I was curious if the unit would auto shutoff once it was clicked closed but I am so glad to hear that. At the theater I tried the PNP (had people literally turn around 3 rows in front of me and ask what the smell was, before I even took a hit!) I also tried the pax and never had a problem but when one person got up to go the RR they did give me a hilariously funny look when I just couldent hold the vapor anymore and blew out most of it as they passed by haha! Music to my ears Vitolo! Cant wait to hear the rest of your report, its going to be tough waiting for this to be released officially.

Vitolo

Vaporist
zero odor, and the unit does not shut off on it's own when shut. (unless you dawdle for 10 minutes... because you forget you are medicating).
I wanted for a long time to believe in this unit
It surprised me by it's size... and from a distance looks like a lighter, but.. the lighter case is a good system... not as much as a disguise as a good utilitarian shell!

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Could anyone speak to the efficiency of the Indica? By efficiency I mean how much herb the the Indica uses to achieve the same effects compared to other vaporizers. I used to own a PAX which, while a fine portable, was IMO quite a hog. Your mileage may vary, but for me, it was a BIG negative for the PAX.

Herb vaporized on the top setting of the Indica gets nothing other than a wisp when I put it through the cloud. I'd say it's a pretty clear extraction.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I see the point now to the lighter emulation! When unit is off... OR being used....
once that lid is shut, there is zero odor.
There is not even a hint of vape smell that accompanies the Pax mouthpiece area!
That alone is a level of stealth that I appreciate.
I am not trying to pass this off as a lighter..... and when I am in public I do vape... always!
But once in a while a person passes .. that I just do not want to share the scent with.
Click.. cover closed and ... "it never happened".

You just blew my mind.
sFun_explode.gif

I don't recall anyone mentioning this before, and the beta team discussed this thing in depth. It only makes sense and I'm surprised none of us commented on it.

I look forward to your findings on the value of the screen.

Vitolo

Vaporist
The unit does not take long to heat up and produce vapor after soft hits.. like a minute... but it does take a few minutes to get cranking to a full head of steam, just like most vapes, especially conduction.
I like vaping at green..... so what I have been doing, is going to purple, and getting the unit going nicely, then I have backed down.

Heck I did the same with red... I was able to back it down 2 heat settings and kept getting ample vapor... because I did not "rape" my oven load at the high setting.. I just "got it dancing.

I like that the bottom lid can attach to the bottom of the unit so you do not lose it.
The magnet that holds the lid to the unit is not all that strong, and filling the unit may tempt the user to tap/tap a bit to get the herb all in place... which could dislodge the lid. I found a great way to wrap my finger around the lid and unit while working, which keeps everything from moving... even if I tap my unit to settle my meds-
DSC03008.jpg

screen installed..meds poured in.. finger holding magnetic lid for extra security
Speaking of loads of meds in the unit.....
I tried it loose and I tried it Pax style tight.
My favorite way to load the Indica is as above.. loosely.
I fill loosely to the top.. tamp it down gently, then I stuff/crunch it down with the spacer!
Then with the spacer in place, I blow in a sharp puff of dry wind from my mouth, which cleans every grain of herb from the crevices... and I then am ready to begin my session.
I have been enjoying using the unit with the screen in place.
Cleanup has thus far been easy and I have not had to make any real efforts yet...
but I will within the hour, as I approach my tenth session.. and I only can tell it is time..... when I open the lid and then can smell the faint essence rising from the mouthpiece.
Ahh mouthpiece...
did you know the Indica Vapes rectangular mouthpiece fits in an SSV tube?
(you do have to force it!)
So... I now am leaving to the Post office.
I will vape my Indica Vaporizer on my way... to... and fro.
It will be one load.
I judge all portables on this trip.
Every portable I have ever had has done this.... MANY times.
I will raise the temp on the way there, and will shut it in the parking lot... and inhale residual vapors until unit is cool (from home to this moment is 15-20 minutes).
I will go in P.O.
and upon departure toward home, I will heat unit back up, and will heat unit farther up the scale....
I will feel how it progresses by familiar landmarks, already associated with my "level" in my mind.
If the Indica does this for me....
Gives me time to get there and back....
The rest of my day will be a cake walk.
That will have been session ten
No... I do not test limits to see how many sessions I can get.
I do charge after each use.
This will be cleanup #1
I do not think I waited too long.
I have used strains that are well grown and potent.. so this cleanup will be revealing also.
You guys are the best!

Edit; and then after cleaning I will try screenless use.

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am back from post office with comments.
The unit is not 100% odorless as I had said.. but it comes closer than anything I know.
"what do you mean, Uncle Vito?"
I will say it is 95% odorless
Well while it was hot I decided to poke around with my humongous, and sensitive Italian Beak.
When I got right up against the back door.. for just a second I smelled meds.
Well... when I am out in public, I smell good too until you sniff my back door... so I decided that was acceptable % of scent!

I had a good time, and the unit met all of my wishes for a portable on the road.
There was this one fellow when I was at the traffic light... an older guy that looked over, and had curiosity on his face , as I appeared to be hungrily suckling upon the teat of a Zippo!
He wanted to look away... I could tell but he could not avert his eyes.. so I rewarded him with a smile and a puff of vapor....
He looked away!

I found myself wishing the unit was of brushed metal finish, and one day maybe that could be an option.
The chrome-like finish of our Indica Vaporizer gets fingerprints and smudgey very fast (but it wipes clean fast too!)

Oh yeah.. I just cleaned the unit.
While there are Pax correlates to a bottom ovened unit... cleaning is not the same.
First off I was not compelled to clean in one direction... moving always and only from mouthpiece toward bottom. This is because there is no mechanism of contact nature at mouthpiece area.
Screen slid out, and brush went in for a spin.
Damp Iso pipe cleaner spun it's way down the tube, and since the oven is sideways , I brought it out the same way... repeated with a dry end of same cleaner, and, finally, in the tiny hole of the mouthpiece I "squiggled" a toothpick's end around in there and was as good as new.
Cleanliness is next to godliness... but this unit is not quirky or finicky when it gets "oily"

Tweek

I am back from post office with comments.
The unit is not 100% odorless as I had said.. but it comes closer than anything I know.
"what do you mean, Uncle Vito?"
I will say it is 95% odorless
Well while it was hot I decided to poke around with my humongous, and sensitive Italian Beak.
When I got right up against the back door.. for just a second I smelled meds.
Well... when I am out in public, I smell good too until you sniff my back door... so I decided that was acceptable % of scent!

I had a good time, and the unit met all of my wishes for a portable on the road.
There was this one fellow when I was at the traffic light... an older guy that looked over, and had curiosity on his face , as I appeared to be hungrily suckling upon the teat of a Zippo!
He wanted to look away... I could tell but he could not avert his eyes.. so I rewarded him with a smile and a puff of vapor....
He looked away!

I found myself wishing the unit was of brushed metal finish, and one day maybe that could be an option.
The chrome-like finish of our Indica Vaporizer gets fingerprints and smudgey very fast (but it wipes clean fast too!)

Oh yeah.. I just cleaned the unit.
While there are Pax correlates to a bottom ovened unit... cleaning is not the same.
First off I was not compelled to clean in one direction... moving always and only from mouthpiece toward bottom. This is because there is no mechanism of contact nature at mouthpiece area.
Screen slid outbrush went in for a spin.
Damp Iso pipe cleaner spun it's way down the tube, and since the oven is sideways , I brought it out the same way... repeated with a dry end of same cleaner, and, finally, in the tiny hole of the mouthpiece I "squiggled" a toothpicks end around in there and was as good as new.
Cleanliness is next to godliness... but this unit is not quirky or finicky when it gets "oily"

One of your funniest write up yet, uncle vito. :lmao:

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I got my unit in monday. It came pre-charged which was nice. I have to say the wooden box is a really nice touch. Now my initial thoughts. I only had one session so far. It was in the passenger seat of a car at night. I did not turn it up to the highest temp and floated around the 2nd to highest temp for that session. Personally, in terms of taste and performance I like it better then the PAX. I really like the way the unit feels in the hand.

When I started the unit up the first thing my husband said was that the vaporizer produces allot of ambient odor... I could smell it as well. This is defiantly not a vaporizer I would use when smell is a concern. The odor did fade quickly once you turned off the device and let it cool down. The odor lingered less then the PAX does, but it defiantly smelled while it was in use. Not really a fault of the vaporizer, but more of a side effect of conduction based vaporizers.

It functions like most conduction based vaporizers, meaning you need to slow your draw speed some to keep up with the vapor production. The taste is good on the heat setting I tired... towards the ends of the session it starts to do that PAX type popcorn taste, but it was not as intense tasting. The vapor is dry and slightly irritated to my throat. I noticed at the first session I had a bit of a sore throat... This also happens with other conduction based vaporizers for me. Like other conduction vaporizers the effect took a couple minutes to fully set it, but when it did I noticed a marked improvement in my medicated state.

I will have to keep experimenting with how tight to pack the load. So far I like the size of the oven. I don't see myself using the spacer, but it is a nice option for people who want smaller sized sessions. I found loading the oven to be slightly inconvenient on the go. I found bits of cannabis were getting stuck around the black plastic parts where the lid sits... I found a brush helped allot in sweeping all of the material in to the oven. Not sure I would want to refill the oven while on the go... like in a moving car.

I do really like the form factor... I have a thing for zippo lighters. I love the feeling and noise they make as you open and shut the lid. My husband is already annoyed at the clicking noise the lid makes. I just can't help myself though... the hinge/lid mechanism feels so much like a zippo lighter that I like playing with it. It is a little larger then a normal zippo so I can't really do zippo tricks with it, but it is still fun to mess around with. I think I would enjoy a brushed metal finish more though...

Vitolo

Vaporist
I could smell it as well. This is defiantly not a vaporizer I would use when smell is a concern. The odor did fade quickly once you turned off the device and let it cool down. The odor lingered less then the PAX does, but it defiantly smelled while it was in use,...........
So far I like the size of the oven. I don't see myself using the spacer,
Bingo.
I liked your one session review, SliM.
As always on target...
I believe there was a reason for the smell.
The spacer seals off the "back door"... that I spoke of as a source of a tiny smell.
Try one load with a spacer.. (just pack it slightly tighter for your load size preference)
You might be surprised at how the spacer "quiets things down", for your nose!

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I could see the spacer providing a buffer between the oven door and the actual vapor production odor. I will have to give the spacer a try. I am curious to see how much you can fit in there with the spacer. If I can jam in between .15 or more then I should be okay with a single session.

One thing I do like about conduction vaporizers is you can really pack in the material if you need it. The oven size of the Indica is spot on for me and the ability to have smaller loads with the spacer is nice. The PAX and Ascent for instance can almost be too large at times. I can stuff like .4+ grams in those devices if I really try.

In comparison to other conduction based vaporizers I have tried this one does seem stop smelling really quickly once you power it down.

Top Bottom