1. If the Herbalizer was a fortune cookie what would it say? Tell us and win it!
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Indica Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Thread Candidates' started by jeff, May 20, 2013.

1. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member

2. Rrose Selavy

Rrose Selavy log enthusiast

seems like a cool idea if works well. .4g capacity seems like a lot for such a small vape.
  3. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member

No kidding right? The Pax holds a ridiculous amount as it is and this seems larger. The real question is will it work with small loads or be whispy like the pax is with small loads.
    justcametomind likes this.
  4. Slightly Medicated

Slightly Medicated (SliM) Iron Lungs

That is too bad the highest temp is 386.6. The form factor and everything looks cool. I don't think it will work for my needs based on the temperature range alone. :( Oh well look forward to seeing how this unfolds.

I imagine it is conduction based so you will need to pack it fairly tight to get a good medium density vapor experience. That means an oven would last you quite a long time if you are used to smaller loads. I wonder how it would taste at the end of the day towards the end of the cycle? I would not expect dense vapor form this device. It says they are targeting medium density vapor.
    Bluntcrush, Buildozer and CentiZen like this.
  5. stickstones

stickstones Wasted Staff Member

it looks like a sawed off Pax that for some reason has five temp settings within a sixteen degree range. :shrug:

my money says it's a conduction unit with a bigger oven than the Pax and maybe bigger clouds with that huge oven.
  6. Breathemetal

Breathemetal Well-Known Member

I dig the Zippoesque design
  7. SSVUN~YAH

SSVUN~YAH Hey hey hey bhombs away!

Me too Breathemetal, it's an awesome design, I wonder how much that one will be???
    ataxian likes this.
  8. Breathemetal

Breathemetal Well-Known Member

I will be keeping my eyes on this piece
    SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  9. HSIHP

HSIHP Well-Known Member

This thing looks cool but as it does seem much like the Pax, I bet this thing gets really really hot.
    BranFlakes188 likes this.
  10. mmenzie

mmenzie My friends call me "Menz"

While cruising Facebook i came across this in list of sidebar advertisements. i do NOT know anything more than the page explains. thought it looked interesting so i thought i would throw it up here.

http://www.indica2.com/

Sorry Mods i was a bad boy and did not search first

mod note: Please search before opening a thread. Your thread was merged with the existing thread.
    justcametomind and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  11. Vicki

Vicki Herbal Alchemist

It would be nice if the manufacturer came here to tell us more. :)
    satyrday and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  12. max

max This space available Staff Member

3" x 2" is certainly a pocket vape.

USB charging? Interesting.

"Up to 2 weeks of regular use between charges"- needs a definition of "regular use", but even if it's only one session a day that's pretty impressive.

I assume, from the pic, that that raised section under the flip top is the mouthpiece. Hopefully some kind of mouthpiece extension can be used for a little extra cooling.
    ataxian and RUDE BOY like this.
  13. clouded vision

clouded vision Well-Known Member

the chamber looks impossible to empty and clean from that tiny door
  14. VaporEyes

VaporEyes Vaporization Aficionado Accessory Maker

I think you are supposed to draw from where the flame would be, if it were an actual lighter.
  15. max

max This space available Staff Member

Yeah I finally noticed the pic showing the vapor- I'd already edited my post.
  16. VaporEyes

VaporEyes Vaporization Aficionado Accessory Maker

It's a pity that it doesn't go up to at least 400F. Hopefully that could be changed in the future.
    jambandphan03 and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  17. 1_gr8_underdog

1_gr8_underdog Trapped in the Astral Planes

For members interested in this, I contacted the manufacture with a few basic release/design questions. Hope this helps. :tup:

This was there response,

Hi 1_gr8_underdog,
    At this time we are targeting an early to mid June launch. We want to make sure the Indica is perfect in every way, so if there is a delay of a week or two you'll understand why. We are manufacturing the Indica in China due to the labor costs. The quality of the components and all electronics are rigorously tested and retested to ensure you will have a superior portable vapor experience to any of the existing competitors in this market.
    Regarding the vapor, it travels from it's stainless steel chamber, through a stainless steel tube, directly into a metal mouth piece. No cross path electrolyzing in this path way.
    Finally, the heating format is a PCB designed to cover the entire stainless steel chamber and radiate inward. This allows us to keep your temperature constant with very little fluctuation.
    ataxian, satyrday and nopartofme like this.
  18. ataxian

ataxian California

If it doesn't produce a burnt popcorn flavor then I will get one to add to my quiver.
    If it will take 0.2 loads will be fine.
    My experience is that the more material the more destruction of the flavor profile.
    The size is awesome!
    What will the cost be?
    grokit, satyrday and Adobewan like this.
  19. 1_gr8_underdog

1_gr8_underdog Trapped in the Astral Planes

That is the one question I asked that they did not address.
    I think they are still to far out to release the cost yet but that is just my guess:shrug:
    ataxian likes this.
  20. clouded vision

clouded vision Well-Known Member

very interesting that they made a point to say the chamber and tube are SS but then just said a metal mouthpiece and didn't elaborate on the material. could have just been an oversight in the email but we will have to see
    nopartofme likes this.
  21. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

Will this thing work with Sativas? :uhoh:

:peace:
  22. elevation

elevation Well-Known Member

I actually like the temp settings on this vape. I am already seeing people looking at me weird thinking i am crazy for sucking on a zippo all the time.
  23. stickstones

stickstones Wasted Staff Member

everything you put in it will fee like a sativa given the low temps!
  24. elevation

elevation Well-Known Member

I mostly use my DaVinci at 185 degrees and i get very medicated. It goes higher than the Pinnacle with it's 195 degrees. 2 degrees is already a notable difference in vapor, and who knows how accurate the temps are. The actual temps may be higher.

For those who like +200 degrees this might be a disappointment, but i personally think anything above these temps will be uncomfortable because of the short vapor path? This is just me though, i respect everyones preferences.
    jeff likes this.
  25. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member

I am surprised everyone likes such a high temp. I never take my Q past 385. I think low on the pax is too low and medium is too high.
    Vape Dr. and elevation like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors