Herb Grinders

biohacker

Pretty sure I'll never need another grinder

Space Case was my first. I found it gummed up quick and the grind was too coarse (4 piece).

But I know what you mean when you find "the one". I feel the same way about my Kannastor's, but I honestly don't think there are ANY other options for fine grind 3 piece better than the Vape Gr8tr?

If so, ALL ears please! :)

biohacker,
Reactions: JCharles

biohacker

I shoulda just bought the damn solid body and downsized it myself.

Yeah for $15 more you get a lot for your money IMO. Only difference is the bottom piece when using it 3 piece style, but that's where that storage puck comes into play.

fuck kannastor though - I'm not spending another penny on their stuff unless they release the plates individually.

As mentioned in our PM's, it must make more financial sense to them with their Vape Gr8tr advertising. However it is completely fucked because they pride themselves on their modular design as discussed above, and being able to switch parts, grind straight into storage puck, etc.

I'm not too concerned, I love them so much I just bought another, shit I think it came out cheaper than their own website price, and then I might be able to sell off some pieces and at least make one other vaporist happy with their grinder!

Now what happened to @lazylathe with them not replacing the plastic seal, that's fucked up. As long as he has a receipt/proof of purchase and sends a picture of it, they are supposed to honour their limited lifetime warranty. If not, i'd personally go ape shit. And i'd search hard for a replacement if possible.

Farkas

Do you know about the bird?
I'm not too concerned, I love them so much I just bought another, shit I think it came out cheaper than their own website price, and then I might be able to sell off some pieces and at least make one other vaporist happy with their grinder!

Let me know if you wanna get rid of a coarse grind plate.

Farkas,

biohacker

Let me know if you wanna get rid of a coarse grind plate.

Cheaper just buying a new grinder :brow: Kidding aside, i'll probably put some sort of 1/2 grinder together with whatever left over parts there may be (screens, bodies, etc).

The coarse plate is a must IMO. Perfect medium-fine grind. The fine plate is awesome, but it's FINE. Which is great!

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I want to pretend to be toughguy since Kannastors CS really eats dicks but this mf @biohacker makes the coarse plate sound so nice! My other option would be the NV finegrinder... which is still cheaper than the kannastor... but it's 2piece, and then I'd have 3 grinders. I want as few things as possible.

I really doubt they'll release the plates individually.

Probably the most economic decision is to sell our vape gr8trs and buy the solid bodys.

I'd like to do that and order direct from kannastor and pay the dumb shipping from canada just to write in my order notes how trash they are... not that it'll hold any water since they have my money... :bang:

biohacker

@muunch Shipping from Canada? :shrug:I always thought they were an American company?

Contact Details
Volo Trade Inc.
382 NE 191st
# 14752
Miami, FL 33179-3899

Kannastor.COM not .ca

and they won't even sell to Canadians :rofl:But I swear I did hear someone in here say they were Canadian so who knows.

Regardless,

http://zoneutopia.com/herb-grinders/2.2-kannastor-gr8tr-grinder/

Where I bought mine. FREE shipping to USA and works out to like $68usd. Not sure about if you'll get nailed for tax at the border though.

InterplanetaryTanner

Interplanetary Development
Manufacturer
We both use the same factory in China. I swear my buddy out there has told me that the company is owned by a few Canadian dudes. But if I remember correctly, they also own some other non related businesses...

Either way, I’ll reach out and see if they have any of the grind plates in stock. If they do, I’ll see if I can pick some up.

biohacker

Seems new vape is also a fan of the loading zone :myday:

Maybe not so much, because they weren't a fan of that design period, and discontinued it focussing on the very high quality coarse and fine 2 piece grinders. My links are to old stock still kicking around, hence the old website name on the grinder.

In further news I received my non-Gr8tr Kannastor 2.2" 4 piece (which i've converted into a 3 piece with the bottom piece of the kannastor storage puck - same bottom as the vape gr8tr) and i'm quite impressed. It's obviously coarser than the gr8tr coarse plate, but it's nice and even and super smooth and easy to turn. The teeth are like 3 times taller than on the gr8tr, maybe even more, and the holes are obviously bigger so everything falls through fairly easily. This will be my go-to for coarse grind and i'd say it's the equivalent to the SCS medium 3/4 piece which is decent for coarse grind as well IMO.

MokumMan

Anyone know if the small SCS 3 piece is reaching end of life?? I have been eyeing the SCS site for weeks (if not months) for the silver stock to be replenished but so far nothing gives. Tried reaching out to SCS but didn't get a response (yet).

MokumMan,

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Anyone know if the small SCS 3 piece is reaching end of life?? I have been eyeing the SCS site for weeks (if not months) for the silver stock to be replenished but so far nothing gives. Tried reaching out to SCS but didn't get a response (yet).
Are you set on a small?.. I’d go up a size personally. The mediums are even a little tough to turn once in awhile

MokumMan

Are you set on a small?.. I’d go up a size personally. The mediums are even a little tough to turn once in awhile

Pretty much, yeah. I own a medium 4 piece which I absolutely love but want to add a smaller one while retaining as much space as possible in the chamber holding the greens. Not really liking the color options on offer now but they don't seem to be adding the additional colors that are available for the medium size.

Last edited:
MokumMan,
Reactions: KidFated.

rodders83

Really losing my patience with Space Case grinders. Initial contact over the purple spot grinder with replacement parts not fitting 13th Aug 17. It is now 23rd of October and still no sign of anything.

I am placing my bets now on 13th of November, Total Four month RMA? I sure hope so my hair is going to fall out while waiting!

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Really losing my patience with Space Case grinders. Initial contact over the purple spot grinder with replacement parts not fitting 13th Aug 17. It is now 23rd of October and still no sign of anything.

I am placing my bets now on 13th of November, Total Four month RMA? I sure hope so my hair is going to fall out while waiting!
I thought they came here to hang out?

KidFated.,
Reactions: Vitolo

rodders83

I thought they came here to hang out?

It seems they are gone again i am not sure why it took me a month to realize and contacted them directly to pick up the case again. I am hoping to get it this month another has been sent out so i am curious to do a review as well of the 2017 SC compared to the Titanium its replacing.

I get really ocd though about things on my list to do and having one for four months was really killing me inside.

rodders83,
Reactions: KidFated.

Vitolo

Vaporist
It seems they are gone again

For replacement Space Case parts, or for warranty claims you should write to:
OneSource
2110 Artesia Blvd. STE B465
Redondo Beach, CA 90278-3073

Space Case has a lifetime warranty, but they figure most people won't locate the manufacturer's address. I have had to replace Teflon rings, and get warranty service, and that is how I went about it.
When writing to OneSource, the guy who runs things is named "Bob"
When you spoke of O-Rings, I think you mean Teflon Gasket.
They come on SCS and most vapes, you just may not be able to see them in pictures.
As recently as 2014, I received all servicing and New teflon rings, as well as warranty fulfillment
through this person.
@space.case joined FC just a couple of months after that.
I wrote PM to them to ask, but they claimed not to know "Bob" or nothing about Redondo Beach location on Artesia Blvd.
I dealt with Onesource for these matters from 2011 until late 2014.... when I became more enamored with Santa Cruz Shredder's action.

Last edited:
Top Bottom