• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Herb Grinders

zor

On a whim, I bought an SLX 2.4 2.0 whatever. Got it a week ago and it has been wonderful! Great grind for my needs, easy to clean, very little effort required to shred even the stickiest shit I have.

My only dislike is how the screen inside clatters around a bit, I've gotten kief stuck along the ridges and sides. More of an annoyance than anything else. Love the short profile too!

Edit: I typo correction .

Well, it's been a good 4 months and I can't see myself getting another shredder, grinder, chopper, whatever. This thing simply slays my herb. I find the consistency is great for all of my vapes, the build quality is sturdy and excellent, and it requires minimal cleaning and torque while grinding.

I've done 2 EtOH washes because the screen got clogged and some kief skidmarks accumulated along the nested outer ring parts (if that descriotion makes any sense...) and the grinder cleaned up wonderfully. Otherwise, a simple brushing is sufficient.

I have a dedicated two piece space case for my CBD herbs, might ditch that for another slx as the ground herb collects and compresses in the nooks of the grinder and is annoying to dislodge. I might also be overloading...

almost there

With all the Halloween sales it's time for me to upgrade from that free grinder I've been using:D. I have a choice of SLX2, SCS, and space case for about the same price, anyone here who has tried a few of these and can offer a suggestion that would be really appreciated. I prefer a medium grind mostly.

Edit-just read up on the last dozen pages. Seems like SCS and Space Case has various issues, SLX it is

Last edited:

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
I don't think space case has any issues. I think there's just one person who got a purpleish one and was upset about it. Anomaly. My experience says they make a very good product. Consistently.

Aimless Ryan,

rodders83

With all the Halloween sales it's time for me to upgrade from that free grinder I've been using:D. I have a choice of SLX2, SCS, and space case for about the same price, anyone here who has tried a few of these and can offer a suggestion that would be really appreciated. I prefer a medium grind mostly.

Edit-just read up on the last dozen pages. Seems like SCS and Space Case has various issues, SLX it is

Space case has no issues and you can get hold of them now easier it seems if you live in the USA. The only problem i had was anodizing was purpleish in places and im getting sorted now as we speak they told me my replacement got lost so cant fault that even if i had a wait for a bit.

If there is one downside to them it is the grind being a bit lumpy but you can buy the big one and the small two peice a finnishing grinder. Indeed once the silver replacement arrives i will be buying a 50mm small Space Case two part to get a finer grind if i need. But sometimes you want a few clumps as a base of weed too so for me its nearly perfect.

puffykat

Trying to decide on either the NewVape Fine Grinder or the Phoenician Grinder 2 piece in either a small or medium size. Any thoughts?

puffykat,

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
NewVape is my vote, and seems to have the unequivocal approval of a lot of FCers. I don't have one yet but it's on my list. Other than when it came out, I don't hear much about the Phoenician.

But if you really want to know about grinders, I would ask/PM @Vitolo giving him as much info about your needs/wants. This highly respected member has so much knowledge & experience with so many grinders, it's mind-blowing really. Very kind and genuinely helpful by nature, he will give you his honest perspective. He may have already answered this to some extent, have you searched the thread? Just put a grinder in the search field, you can filter by member and limit results to just this thread. Very helpful. Welcome!

Vitolo

Vaporist
Trying to decide on either the NewVape Fine Grinder or the Phoenician Grinder 2 piece in either a small or medium size. Any thoughts?
It depends on if you are a patient with grip/arthritic/hand or wrist difficulty.
Decide if twisting a quart glass jar causes more pain than opening a jelly or olive jar.
If this is the case, I would go with "small".
If you are a big person, without tendon/wrist/elbow difficulties of any type, AND use a large amount of meds.... I would go with medium.

If you have settled on these 2 makes.... I would feel secure in advising the 2 piece, and consideration of which sized jar you have an easier time grasping and twisting.

InterplanetaryTanner

Interplanetary Development
Manufacturer
I said I'd get them. And now I've got them!

hb8qKzw.jpg

:rockon:

snackmaster

Late to the game. What kind of grinder is this?

Those are plates for the Kannastor GR8TR. The cheaper 3-pc version only comes with the fine plate in the pic (small holes), while the more expensive 4-pc version comes with both plates. Several of us have reached out to Kannastor to buy a coarse plate separately but they won't do it.

snackmaster,

Sir-vapes-a-lot

Custom newvape fine grinder arrived, wow this thing is awesomely well made. The machining is very smooth and clean. I asked for an unetched grinder and the fine folk there threw in a couple of their armbands for extra grip.

This thing works really well, chops very evenly, no lumps and no dust.

The design appears to minimize the amount of metal to metal contact which should minimize any smearing of sticky residue meaning minimal cleaning should be required to keep it rotating freely.

Based on my relatively little experience with higher end grinders I can really recommend this one.

Thanks newvape!

passenger

is this thing on?
Hey, I’m deciding between two SCS variants: 3-piece medium vs 4-piece medium.
I am quite sure I won’t use the screen, it will clog up, will need more maintenance etc.
On the other hand, can’t I just take out the screen piece and have what I want with the option to use screen? Or is the 3-piece Grinder that much better than a 4-piece without screen? In terms of easy handling. Opinion are very appreciated. I want to settle with a grinder...

passenger,
Reactions: AtomicPB

passenger

is this thing on?
If you are inlcined to remove the screen, then I'd get the 3pc (which I did). I have the SLX and use it without the screen part, but find the bottom portion too shallow and I suspect the same would hold true for the SCS 4pc without screen section.

I'm a little torn about the screen, but I think in the end it's another maintenance part to take care of. What gets clogged you will eventually lose through cleaning, so somehow it seems easier and more relaxed to use the 3pc. What were your reasons to get rid of the screen? Most seem to prefer the catcher. I am leaning more to the 3pc but still a bit undecided. Damn.

Top Bottom