Herb Grinders

Razshiro

I just found this : https://santacruzshredder.com/products/copy-of-small-3-piece-shredder-black

santa-cruz-vogue-one-grinders_011.jpg

Small 3 Piece Shredder

Dimensions: 1 5/8″ Diameter

The bottom piece is designed for finger scooping!!

This medical-grade anodized aluminum herb SHREDDER from Santa Cruz Shredder is the ultimate in new herb Shredder technology. Every element of the Shredder has been analyzed and improved upon, from the revolutionary tooth design and threading pattern to the rare earth magnet used in the lid closure system. The superior textured grip makes this SHREDDER a favorite among patients who are suffering from hand or wrist pain.

Someone wanna try this for us :nod::bowdown: !!!
edit: Ok it seems a 3 piece grinder, nothing more :'( ... just look like a miniature spray ..... expensive for a "cool" design only...

Last edited:

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I just found this : https://santacruzshredder.com/products/copy-of-small-3-piece-shredder-black

santa-cruz-vogue-one-grinders_011.jpg

Small 3 Piece Shredder

Dimensions: 1 5/8″ Diameter

The bottom piece is designed for finger scooping!!

This medical-grade anodized aluminum herb SHREDDER from Santa Cruz Shredder is the ultimate in new herb Shredder technology. Every element of the Shredder has been analyzed and improved upon, from the revolutionary tooth design and threading pattern to the rare earth magnet used in the lid closure system. The superior textured grip makes this SHREDDER a favorite among patients who are suffering from hand or wrist pain.

Someone wanna try this for us :nod::bowdown: !!!
edit: Ok it seems a 3 piece grinder, nothing more :'( ... just look like a miniature spray ..... expensive for only a "cool" design...
I’ve found the medium size to work waaaaay better. I haven’t tried a large three piece yet but I want one. The smalls are good if you grind .25 at a time. But the consistency is different than that of a medium.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Isn't it ridiculous? I've been asking them for damn near a year for the coarse plate so I could have that option in my GR8TR vape grinder, and they keep saying, "sorry, it's not available at this time." I even asked if they could take a plate from another grinder in the name of customer service. No dice.
I was! :lol: I'm buying the 4 piece and the storage puck to make it into a 3 piece. It will be like the 3 piece gr8tr vape, BUT with the thicker solid body top cap/lid piece and both grind consistency plates since Kannastor refuses to sell them separately as accessories for whatever reason. I honestly don't even really want to support this company based on some things that I have read from a CS perspective, yet it's my favourite grinder to date for a medium and fine grind so don't have much choice. That thicker lid design and leverage makes it a viable alternative to a crank grinder for me.
I've been given the same story here when I ask about getting a coarse plate for my GR8TR Vape. It's really sad that they don't let you buy all the parts separately, there's so many possibilities with the system they have designed. You could make a small scale kief classifier, a tall grinder with a huge storage section, A tall storage container for nugs with a smaller grinder, etc.

Could you imagine if Ford only offered two configurations of F-150 truck with no extras or options? :doh:

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
I will not buy another Santa Cruz Shredder. They had it right, then they changed it. I'm sick of buying shit I don't want. Plus I don't have money anymore.

As many of you know, I could be called a huge SCS fanboy for the last couple years. I wanted to love SCS, but they won't let me.

Volcano grinder.

Farkas

Do you know about the bird?
I've been given the same story here when I ask about getting a coarse plate for my GR8TR Vape. It's really sad that they don't let you buy all the parts separately, there's so many possibilities with the system they have designed. You could make a small scale kief classifier, a tall grinder with a huge storage section, A tall storage container for nugs with a smaller grinder, etc.

Could you imagine if Ford only offered two configurations of F-150 truck with no extras or options? :doh:

They don't have presence on here, do they?

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
They don't have presence on here, do they?
I think at one point they did have a rep make a post or two then disappeared. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Janurary 2017 email
We should have grinding plates for sale on the Kannastor website very soon. Please check back in the next couple of weeks and they should be available.

Thank you for your interest in Kannastor products. Have a great day!

February 2017 email
We are actually meeting with our manufacturers as we speak to address that very issue. Please check back at Kannastor.com in a couple of weeks and the individual plates should be available. We apologize for the delay.

Thank you for your interest in our products. Have a great day!

I'm still waiting...

Last edited:

biohacker

@Winegums Do you know if they even ship to Canada anymore?

I was going to pick it up at my local HS today but the storage puck was some ancient model and not the present 2.2" on their website so I decided to hold off until I hear back from Kannastor.

I got to check out the SLX in hand, both sizes... nice, just not for me (top lid is too thin).

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
@Winegums Do you know if they even ship to Canada anymore?

I was going to pick it up at my local HS today but the storage puck was some ancient model and not the present 2.2" on their website so I decided to hold off until I hear back from Kannastor.

I got to check out the SLX in hand, both sizes... nice, just not for me (top lid is too thin).
I think they should still ship to Canada. I don’t see why they wouldn’t.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Because there is no option to checkout for any country other than USA. Figured perhaps they leave it up to retailers outside of 'Murica. Hopefully they email back today. Thanks!
I guess they are no longer shipping to Canada. :shrug:

I love my GR8TR Vape, it has not needed more than one cleaning since I bought it, but it is a bit on the fine side of things. Since it doesn't look like I'm going to get a coarse plate for it any time soon, I'm going to have to drill out the holes slightly. It really shouldn't take much effort at all to do. If anyone has their Coarse plate from their GR8TR that they aren't using that would probably be the easier route. Why oh why didn't I just get the complete version? :hmm:

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Since it doesn't look like I'm going to get a coarse plate for it any time soon, I'm going to have to drill out the holes slightly. It really shouldn't take much effort at all to do. If anyone has their Coarse plate from their GR8TR that they aren't using that would probably be the easier route.

I was thinking about this myself, it shouldn't be too hard with a drill press.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker

biohacker

These remind me of a can of high-end breath freshener. I might just buy one because it makes me laugh.

Stealth bro! :D

So Kannastor replied back within a couple of days, and they do not ship outside of the USA and instead listed a bunch of retailers that ship to Canada.

Have the Solid Body grt8r enroute, just gotta source the storage puck. Gotta be careful as there is an older version out there without the finger scoop bottom.

I can't believe there is now a Chewy 2! :lol:

biohacker

I can't even believe i'm asking this because i've always loved a coarser shred in vapes that i've used, but now with the NewVape flowerpot, as much as I love using a coarse grind, I need a fine grind as well.

Other than the Kannastor fine plate grind, is there any other FINE grinder out there that is a 3 or 4 piece? I know the NewVape fine grinder is tits, but 2 piece is just not an option for me.

I personally have not seen a better finer grind than the Kannastor vape gr8tr. I'm not interested in grinding upside or doing jumping jacks, just a normal 3 piece that can provide a nice even fine grind. Is the vape gr8tr the only one? Don't want a "finishing" grinder either.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I can't even believe i'm asking this because i've always loved a coarser shred in vapes that i've used, but now with the NewVape flowerpot, as much as I love using a coarse grind, I need a fine grind as well.

Other than the Kannastor fine plate grind, is there any other FINE grinder out there that is a 3 or 4 piece? I know the NewVape fine grinder is tits, but 2 piece is just not an option for me.

I personally have not seen a better finer grind than the Kannastor vape gr8tr. I'm not interested in grinding upside or doing jumping jacks, just a normal 3 piece that can provide a nice even fine grind. Is the vape gr8tr the only one? Don't want a "finishing" grinder either.
The grind consistency very fine, fluffy and consistent in grain size with the GR8TR. The typical size grain is about 1-2mm which is just about as fine as you would want it to be. Otherwise the pieces end up going through screens as well as clogging them pretty quickly. It's almost too fine with the fine plate so you may like the medium plate more.

It's really hard to find any faults with the GR8TR besides not having interrupted threads and needing a brush to push all the material through, (since it is so fine). It never really seems to get dirty or sticky besides a tiny bit of build up on the tops of the teeth.

If there is another fine grind 3 piece out there I would like to know as well.

biohacker

Ugh, the retailer sent me the jar body instead of the solid body... not that i mind since i'll never use it and plan on selling the jar body section with the kief screen. I've sourced my storage puck so i'm all set with my Vape Gr8TR with "thick lid" so I can store another grind plate in there and it's way easier on my hands than the stock vape gr8tr thinner lid.

Damn I missed this grinder! I've only used the coarse plate with my newvape flowerpot but it's completely changed the game compared to my chunky Zeus Vortex (still an awesome crank grinder for coarse). In comparison, it's like a fine grind! Super easy to turn, super quick to grind and fall through the plate (unlike the fine plate!). The grind is so even and heavenly.... i've dropped temps by about 25-35 on the controller just because of the grind.

I definitely now appreciate how important it is for me to have the right grinder for the right vape! With my switch to full on convection, coarse is awesome (for flavour and lung comfort) but there is a time and place for everything, and medium fine will be my new go-to daily driving grind.

My favourite grinder to date. But because I reef the plates on TIGHT so they NEVER move, it's hard to unscrew them (pliars) so i'm thinking of building a SECOND super sized lid Gr8tr just so I have one of each plate and never have to change. GrAS at its finest! Multiples of the same :rofl:

biohacker

GrAS? More like Kannastor Acquisition Syndrome! Love it so much I decided to RE-order it! AND I ordered the 2.2" 4 piece (NON Gr8tr) so i'll have coarse, medium, and fine to cover all my bases. I'm really looking forward to comparing the Kannastor 2.2" non-grt8r to the SCS 3 piece medium. Got 3 storage pucks on their way so I can make all 3 into proper 3 piece grinders! Gonna have some extra parts, but that's the sacrifice I have to pay to get my grinder utopia.

Also picked this up just for fun because it was so cheap!

https://bobhq.com/en/dealz-grinders/13000-grinder-dealz-22-3-piece-zinc-alloy.html

Farkas

Do you know about the bird?
And all I want is a coarse plate. I do not want, nor do I need, more than one GR8TR and there's zero chance I'd buy another whole unit just to get a goddamned plate to use. Especially given the poor customer service I've received in reaching out to them multiple times regarding it....

Top Bottom