Herb Grinders

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
...not really into two piece grinders myself... however i am about to pull the trigger on a newvape grinder just cuz it's newvape...

...can anyone please tell me what the difference is between the fine grind and fine grind:arm band? I'm assuming the obvious which is there both the same, minus exterior...

Yeh exactly as you assume. Although I believe the @lazylathe inspired armband version may be a little taller.

I'm not a fan of 2 pc grinders or grinding upside down.

I don't mind 2pc grinders and will get the arm band NewVape when I order my Flowerpot but I never grind upside down in my ID SW2

lazylathe

Almost there...
Yeh exactly as you assume. Although I believe the @lazylathe inspired armband version may be a little taller.

Actually not sure... My arm band version is carefully packed away in a moving box...
The anodized version is my DG! (daily grinder!)

@NewVape710 I love being able to "decide a grind" with the fine grinder!
A twist or two for coarse and fluffy, another 2 for medium and fluffy and a few more for perfectly fine material! Still have not had to clean it yet!!

elykpeace

exVASted
the NV arm band grinder is larger, and with the bands may help with grip - larger is better for my hands

band_grinder-3.jpg

:2c:

Didn't relieze it was taller @steama :tup:Thanks for the pic. If they had done the andonizing on the arm band one I might revist . I do like my plain old scs 2peice better then any I've tried. Med consistency tho not very fine. Perfect for convection style heating :rockon:

biohacker

Anyone know the best place (price) to pick up a kannastor solid body + storage puck. I don't have the choice of shipping to Canada from their website although I still need to contact them about it because I swear they had free shipping to Canada/USA before. The cheapest i've seen is just from their site for $65. I need to get me one of these again before my new newvape vape arrives :brow:

Has there been any determination on a better fine grind 3 piece than the kannastor vape gr8tr (fine plate)? Those are the smallest holes i've seen.

biohacker

Which one is the ‘solid body’?

https://www.kannastor.com/products/gr8tr.html

I won't be using the kief screen, and will use the storage puck bowl for the bottom of my newly constructed 3 piece Kannastor. This way I have the Gr8tr vape grinder but with the choice of fine or coarse plate, but with the thicker more ergonomic lid.

Just don't feel like spending $100 for it in Canada when it goes for $65. I'm guessing there are other american retailers that will ship to Canada, just need to keep looking.

biohacker

Ah. The gr8ter. Right on. For some reason I was thinking you were talking about the 4 piece

I was! :lol: I'm buying the 4 piece and the storage puck to make it into a 3 piece. It will be like the 3 piece gr8tr vape, BUT with the thicker solid body top cap/lid piece and both grind consistency plates since Kannastor refuses to sell them separately as accessories for whatever reason. I honestly don't even really want to support this company based on some things that I have read from a CS perspective, yet it's my favourite grinder to date for a medium and fine grind so don't have much choice. That thicker lid design and leverage makes it a viable alternative to a crank grinder for me.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I'm actually pretty sure that was the sole intention of the new, taller grinder with the wristbands; to make it easier for those who typically have trouble turning conventional grinders.

Also take a look at @emmdeemo post in the FP thread - the thing is HUGE...

Xuc3M0b.jpg

For reference: the showercap is maybe .25in smaller in diameter than my Kannastor vape gr8r... That thing is easily double the diameter of that.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I'm actually pretty sure that was the sole intention of the new, taller grinder with the wristbands; to make it easier for those who typically have trouble turning conventional grinders.

Xuc3M0b.jpg

For reference: the showercap is maybe .25in smaller in diameter than my Kannastor vape gr8r... That thing is easily double the diameter of that.

The one thing I've found with the grinder (easily the best grinder I've ever used), its still not tall enough. The problem has been solved slight by putting a silicon wrist band on one half, but yeah, next time I'll be buying the taller on.

Absolutely amazing grinder.

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
So the newvape has a large diameter? If so, not good for gimp hands. Whereas normal people can probably grip just fine using only fingertips and a thumbtip, bad hands can't do that. I can't speak for everyone, but I need a grinder with a diameter small enough that I can kinda wrap my thumb around it, in conjunction with my fingertips (around 2"). Volcano grinder does that very well.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'm still using a Kannastor someone gave me a few years ago, it's probably the finest grind I have ever used. It's one of those small grinders that can only tear up .5g at a time before it gets clogged up and hard to turn though.

Farkas

Do you know about the bird?
Kannastor refuses to sell them separately as accessories for whatever reason.

Isn't it ridiculous? I've been asking them for damn near a year for the coarse plate so I could have that option in my GR8TR vape grinder, and they keep saying, "sorry, it's not available at this time." I even asked if they could take a plate from another grinder in the name of customer service. No dice.

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated

Xuc3M0b.jpg

I have been smoking and vaping for 20 years... Besides the grinder and the fingernail clippers i have no idea what I'm looking at in that picture!!

:uhoh:

:razz:

Cool stem!

Thanks bud!

If you mean the colorful one, it's just a chillum. Though i have tried shoving both vapcap and log vape tips in it to use as a stem... but nothing fits. It's just decoration these days.

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
I understand that (leverage). It doesn't matter if you can't fit your hand around it or grip it. I can barely use my hands at all. I have very little feeling, they are weak, and [something I forgot while I was speaking into the phone].

Razshiro

I would like to try the Newvape fine grinder but I just dont like 2 piece grinders. Echo others in that I would love for them to make a 3 piece.

I'm in the same boat, i dislike so much 2 piece grinder but the New Vape fine grinder is really good, i would like a New Vape 3 piece too tbh:cheers: but i'm still using mine daily and put the weed in this "Jyarz":
Satchmo_Black_Prod_Page_large.jpg

Here my little family:
8QJxu3O.jpg

Overall, i prefer my SCS 4 piece grinder (smoothest grinder i have, medium grind perfect for most of my vape), using my Space case grinder for large amount (less smooth than SCS and little more coarse) but i find there is more kief collected (maybe the black color trick idk).
My 2 piece grinder (Scs & MFLB finishing grinder) are too small for my hands xD but i like to use the MFLB finishing grinder for my Solo or any conduction vape. I don't use the S&B grinder anymore !!:2c:

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Isn't it ridiculous? I've been asking them for damn near a year for the coarse plate so I could have that option in my GR8TR vape grinder, and they keep saying, "sorry, it's not available at this time." I even asked if they could take a plate from another grinder in the name of customer service. No dice.

I second this, I would really like to have a coarse plate as an option but it's impossible to buy one.

Top Bottom