OF

I had mine out for another visit earlier today. It met, and impressed, a heavy user who normally doesn't take all that much interesting in herb vapes (being more of a concentrate kinda guy). After a false start (spent herb it turned out...) he got some vapor on the first try. Within 3 hits he had the power idea down and did the 'count down from five, then gently pull until you reach 3 more seconds (8 total) then let it up.

They were fast friends in less than five minutes. I think he too is a believer that FV may be the 'whip it out, fire it up, get a big hit, put it away' champ out there right now. IMO with a little practice any serious user can get it under 30 seconds start to finish.....if you go for stuff like that.

Grind if fine, keep it dry, shake between hits and hang on tight!

OF

Shad0w

For more thorough testing, I may roast some Salvia in my FV tomorrow or the day after. Thats going to be an interesting one :smug:

This is what I am loving about the FV the most...simple, yet versatile. I haven't cleaned mine since getting it and it is still plugging along and tasting great.

very interested to know how this turned out :) did you use extract? leaf? did you figure out what was the FV seconds for salvia :p

Shad0w,
Reactions: Vitolo

FlashVAPE

...fast and efficient ! http://flashvape.com
Manufacturer
Yep, great off hours support. Got a second email from PO now and mine's left the nest well under way.
Talked a co-worker into ordering today. Getting the word around. :clap:

Pipes

:tup: THANKS! .....being new to the scene (the FV is our first vape release, and hopefully of many more to come :) ), we really appreciate any help from fellow FC members to make the FV the kind of success I know it can be.... tell a friend, show it off, or better yet.... if anyone has a favourite local store or website where they can make a valuable referral for us, it's all very much appreciated !

Thanks again for all the great contributions by everyone here, couldn't have done it without you guys and gals... let's keep em coming and watch the FV community grow on FC!

...cheers! :cheers:

treeman

Hey sorry if this has been mentioned, I have been keeping an eye on this thread and have flicked through a good few pages now. About using this in Europe? Can the charger have a straight up plug adapter stuck on the end like a solo or does it need a transformer as well?
Cheers folks this looks like an absolute steal, and I quite like sitting and actively getting caned, this looks like it would be fun to play with.

treeman,

FlashVAPE

Manufacturer
Hey sorry if this has been mentioned, I have been keeping an eye on this thread and have flicked through a good few pages now. About using this in Europe? Can the charger have a straight up plug adapter stuck on the end like a solo or does it need a transformer as well?
Cheers folks this looks like an absolute steal, and I quite like sitting and actively getting caned, this looks like it would be fun to play with.

The charger is 110-220v compatible, so you can use it anywhere in the world. The plug is standard North American 2 flat-pin type, and will work with any plug adapter that fits flat-pin plugs. No voltage conversion is required to make it work.... as long as you are physically able to plug it in, it will work worldwide.

The FV is indeed very much fun to play with as you learn to adapt it to your personal style and vaping preference. As mentioned by several members earlier in the thread, the FV is a powerful, versatile tool.

natural farmer

Hi mate! I live in Greece and it will work just fine with any cheap american to european plug adapters, no worries there! :)

FlashVAPE

Manufacturer
Due to requests from new FV owners, we have put together the below "FV Advanced Vaporization Methods" instruction sheet, to be included with each FV unit shipped in the future. I am posting it here first for everyone's review.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
FlashVAPE-LOGO.png

Advanced Vaporization Methods

While the instructions listed in the manual describe the very basics on how to operate your FlashVAPE, we understand that you may find the thinner vapor produced through the fast “simple” method not sufficient enough to suite your personal taste, or you may find the timing a little difficult to control before you reach combustion in the FV. We are please to let you know that there is an extensive community of FlashVAPE users to give you support and guidance on how to get the most out of your FlashVAPE! Please see our thread on fuckcombustion.com, the premiere online vaping community, at http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/flashvape.7778 for all your FlashVAPE questions answered by friendly FV owners who knows this vape well, as well as detailed instructions and videos on its usage.

We have included here additional instructions outlining several more advanced methods of how to use the FlashVAPE with great efficiency… you may find one to your liking, or try them all and discover your own method and how you best like to flashvape!

The “LB” Method: Power-on while drawing for big hits!

1) Press and hold the power-on button for around 3-4 seconds, and start to draw slowly through the glass draw tube while holding down the power-on button.

2) As you draw slowly, you will start to taste the vapor being formed, and you will also see the vapor come up through the top glass window. You can adjust your draw speed to match the desired amount of vapor, as the speed of cold fresh air-flow that travels up through the core will help control the vaping temperature inside (faster draw results in faster air-flow and lower temperature), and how much vapor is produced through the heating process.

3) Continue drawing with the power-on for another 3-5 seconds, depending on how big a puff you wish to take, then release the power-on button, and finish the draw.

The “Pak” Method: Pulse power the FV to maintain even vaping temperature and prolonged vapor production time for big hits!

1) Press and hold the power on button for around 4-5 seconds, or until you see vapor being produced through the top window or the side vents.

2) Let go of the power-on button and start to draw slowly through the glass draw tube, you will taste the vapor being formed inside.

3) Continue to draw slowly for 2-3 seconds with the power off, and press the power-on button for another 2-3 seconds while you draw to restart the heating process inside, let go, and continue drawing for another 2-3 seconds.

4) Repeat until you finish the draw.

The “Tweek” Method: Micro-hits that really add up!

1) Using the “simple” method as described in the user instructions, press and hold the power-on button for 4-5 seconds, let go, and slowly do a small draw (micro-hit), just enough to inhale the fresh vapor produced. Stop your draw when you taste the vapor thinning.

2) Hold your breath and repeat micro-hits until you are satisfied!

~

As with all the different advanced methods of using the FlashVAPE, the key is to maximize the amount of vapor being produced without reaching combustion. There are other factors involved which will affect the power-on time without reaching combustion when using the FV, including the type and dryness of your material, how fine your grind is and so on. We encourage you to experiment with the FV to first discover what its upper limits are before you reach combustion.

Since the FlashVAPE is built as a simple yet powerful user-controlled vape, there is a small learning curve involved to get to know your FV, while you find the best method of usage based on your own preferences. Don’t be discouraged if you combust once or twice when you first get acquainted with the FV, it’s just something most users will go through in the learning process. As any experienced FV user will tell you, your efforts will be well rewarded once you master its usage. Through experimentation and practice, you too will soon develop your own preferred flashvape method. Once you do, don’t forget to share with us on FC, and maybe we can name an advanced method after you too!
~
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above is designed to address issues reported by many new FV owners who may also new to vaping, that they are initially either not getting satisfying vapor from the FV, or reaching combustion, using the "Simple" methods. We want to encourage new users to try and experiment with the FV, and not be discouraged to combust once or twice at the begining while learning, as there is no going back once you master how to flashvape!​

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Getting a little excited in waiting. Should have by Friday.
In the mean time, getting the mods going.
First up. I like the option of using some of my 510 drip tip selection, so need a 7 mm hole size to 510 adapter. Easy enough, an empty tube and a rubber drip tip with the smaller mid section should work?
The size is close to 510 and maybe a suggestion in future versions to consider making the hole 8.65 mm so perks have the 510 option directly.

FVMP1_zps2eafaaad.jpg

I like this tip as it pivots allowing for different angles.
Hopefully temperature will not be a big issue. If it is I'm sure something else will fit in the 7 mm hole to adapt somehow. Here's another candidate I dug up.

FVMP2_zps2f16451e.jpg

Like the idea as I know I'll break the glass ones somehow. Just in my nature for some reason.

Pipes

Pipes,
Reactions: ShipDit

Kaptan

Due to requests from new FV owners, we have put together the below "FV Advanced Vaporization Methods" instruction sheet, to be included with each FV unit shipped in the future. I am posting it here first for everyone's review.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
FlashVAPE-LOGO.png

Advanced Vaporization Methods

While the instructions listed in the manual describe the very basics on how to operate your FlashVAPE, we understand that you may find the thinner vapor produced through the fast “simple” method not sufficient enough to suite your personal taste, or you may find the timing a little difficult to control before you reach combustion in the FV. We are please to let you know that there is an extensive community of FlashVAPE users to give you support and guidance on how to get the most out of your FlashVAPE! Please see our thread on fuckcombustion.com, the premiere online vaping community, at [URL='http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/flashvape.7778'http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/flashvape.7778[/url] for all your FlashVAPE questions answered by friendly FV owners who knows this vape well, as well as detailed instructions and videos on its usage.

We have included here additional instructions outlining several more advanced methods of how to use the FlashVAPE with great efficiency… you may find one to your liking, or try them all and discover your own method and how you best like to flashvape!

The “LB” Method: Power-on while drawing for big hits!

1) Press and hold the power-on button for around 3-4 seconds, and start to draw slowly through the glass draw tube while holding down the power-on button.

2) As you draw slowly, you will start to taste the vapor being formed, and you will also see the vapor come up through the top glass window. You can adjust your draw speed to match the desired amount of vapor, as the speed of cold fresh air-flow that travels up through the core will determine the vaping temperature inside (faster draw results in faster the air-flow and lower temperature), and how much vapor gets released through the heating process.

3) Continue drawing with the power-on for another 3-5 seconds, depending on how big a puff you wish to take, then release the power-on button, and finish the draw.

The “Pak” Method: Pulse power the FV to maintain even vaping temperature and prolonged vapor production time for big hits!

1) Press and hold the power on button for around 4-5 seconds, or until you see vapor being produced through the top window or the side vents.
2) Let go of the power-on button and start to draw slowly through the glass draw tube, you will taste the vapor being formed inside.

3) Continue to draw slowly for 2-3 seconds with the power off, and press the power-on button for another 2-3 seconds while you draw to restart the heating process inside, let go, and continue drawing for another 2-3 seconds.

4) Repeat until you finish the draw.

The “Tweek” Method: Micro-hits that really add up!

1) Using the “simple” method as described in the user instructions, press and hold the power-on button for 4-5 seconds, let go, and slowly do a small draw (micro-hit), just enough to inhale the fresh vapor produced. Stop your draw when you taste the vapor thinning.

2) Hold your breath and repeat micro-hits until you are satisfied!

~

As with all the different advanced methods of using the FlashVAPE, the key is to maximize the amount of vapor being produced without reaching combustion. There are other factors involved which will affect the power-on time without reaching combustion when using the FV, including the type and dryness of your material, how fine your grind is and so on. We encourage you to experiment with the FV to first discover what its upper limits are before you reach combustion.

Since the FlashVAPE is built as a simple yet powerful user-controlled vape, there is a small learning curve involved to get to know your FV, while you find the best method of usage based on your own preferences. Don’t be discouraged if you combust once or twice when you first get acquainted with the FV, it’s just something most users will go through in the learning process. As any experienced FV user will tell you, your efforts will be well rewarded once you master its usage. Through experimentation and practice, you too will soon develop your own preferred flashvape method. Once you do, don’t forget to share with us on FC, and maybe we can name an advanced method after you too!
~
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above is designed to address issues reported by many new FV owners who may also new to vaping, that they are initially either not getting satisfying vapor from the FV, or reaching combustion, using the "Simple" methods. We want to encourage new users to try and experiment with the FV, and not be discouraged to combust once or twice at the begining while learning, as there is no going back once you master how to flashvape!​

This is for those using the white themed background.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
HI FlashVape, maybe an odd question, will there be any option for acrylic or similar stems,I have neuropathy ,i've broken glass just picking it up. now i'm kinda paranoid using or even handling small glass !!
[ glass stuck in Hands Not good ], The Flashvape looks great for my mmj use when I only need a few very quick hits [ right after taking meds or food ,helps keep it where it belongs] Just the glass prevents this vape from becoming my next vape, I know there's always a way to jury rig a stem but would prefer something out of the box thats from the manufaturer, Hope I Don't sound too nuts . "What No Glass !!!" THANX

OF

HI FlashVape, maybe an odd question, will there be any option for acrylic or similar stems,I have neuropathy ,i've broken glass just picking it up. now i'm kinda paranoid using or even handling small glass !!

No problem. Get past the fancy metric sizes and we're talking 1/4 inch tube here, same as MLFB uses for instance. You'll need the heat shrink gasket of course, but otherwise it fits mine just fine. You can buy from them, use any of the fancy wood and other upgrade stems offered or (best of all?) PM me and let me know how long you want it and I'll whomp you off a couple from a six foot stick of tube I have here somewhere and mail 'em to you.....

Don't let this little detail interfere with your enjoying this excellent vape.

OF

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
OF, Thanx for the info and kind offer. I asked for future reference, I'll have to wait 6 or more months to save up. On SSDI, makes me have to plan ahead a little longer then wanted. But at least I can plan and not just dream. thats a blessing in it self .

RUDE BOY,

OF

OF, Thanx for the info and kind offer. I asked for future reference, I'll have to wait 6 or more months to save up. On SSDI, makes me have to plan ahead a little longer then wanted. But at least I can plan and not just dream. thats a blessing in it self .

You're welcome. "Having a plan is half the battle" as they say.

Good luck, the offer stands.

OF

OF,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
As we all know, the FV has a bowl you could hold a post-season game in. This doesn't inspire confidence in its ability to conserve, so today I thought I'd see how the FV handled .05g. The one word answer: superbly. This load barely covered half the screen, but that made no difference to the FV. It pulled vapour out of that for 23 hits* before stopping, and the flavour never did get awful. This is what it looked like when I was done:

qDaIy.jpg

The contrast makes it look more uneven than it actually is. The darkest bits are actually still brown. The contrast in this image is a little better:

cWYZR.jpg

You can see how little of the screen was actually covered.

* A hit was usually 5 seconds for heatup then 3-4 seconds of drawing slowly with power on. I used the Pak method at one point just to prove you could pull a thick hit using a load this small.

JoeKickass

Does it give more effect than say the mflb would with the same amount?

I'm a big believer that the denser the vapor, the greater effect/lung absorption efficiency so I think it could be possible for the higher power FV to give a better effect than the mflb simply because it can deliver thicker vapor?

I'm hoping so because it used to take more than 1 mflb trench for me to feel similarly medicated to a desktop vape...

JoeKickass,
Reactions: FlashVAPE

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Does it give more effect than say the mflb would with the same amount?

I'm a big believer that the denser the vapor, the greater effect/lung absorption efficiency so I think it could be possible for the higher power FV to give a better effect than the mflb simply because it can deliver thicker vapor?

I'm hoping so because it used to take more than 1 mflb trench for me to feel similarly medicated to a desktop vape...

I don't quite know how to answer this. Despite the method that now bears my name, I favour thinner low temperature vapour. I really haven't tried to make thick vapour much. If you're asking whether the FV can make thick vapour, it sure can, and from tiny loads; however, I can also do that with the LB. If you're asking whether the FV can get you medicated where the LB couldn't, I think that's a question of load size not vapour density. Of course that makes the answer yes, the FV can do it because you can load three or four LB trenches in there if you need them.

FlashVAPE

Manufacturer
~ FlashVAPE News ~

FlashVAPE is now listed on PlanetVape.ca ! We are sending out the first shipment of FVs to PV as we speak, and the units should be physical availability for shipping from PV 01.25.2013, as listed.

First of many more more dealers to come on board shortly folks... so please stay tuned!

OF

~ FlashVAPE News ~

FlashVAPE is now listed on PlanetVape.ca ! We are sending out the first shipment of FVs to PV as we speak, and the units should be physical availability for shipping from PV 01.25.2013, as listed.

First of many more more dealers to come on board shortly folks... so please stay tuned!

Outstanding! Excellent vendor, long time supporter of this Forum. Great call!

Please ask your excellent products to say hello to my money when they get there.

OF

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
As we all know, the FV has a bowl you could hold a post-season game in. This doesn't inspire confidence in its ability to conserve, so today I thought I'd see how the FV handled .05g. The one word answer: superbly. This load barely covered half the screen, but that made no difference to the FV. It pulled vapour out of that for 23 hits* before stopping, and the flavour never did get awful.

23 hits for .05g. ?! :tup: :love: I love you more and more Pakalolo (not, I'm not gay !) :lol: thanks again for making me know this stuff ;)

Counting days to arrive !!!

LeTchen,
Reactions: Vitolo
Top Bottom