LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
I don't remember to have seen in the thread what kind of batteries comes with the FV.... and what battery is recommended ?

LeTchen,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I don't remember to have seen in the thread what kind of batteries comes with the FV.... and what battery is recommended ?

It's there. From earlier in the thread:

you can use the 18650 3.7v cell, but make sure it is indeed the high drain variety you are refering to. Regular 18650 batteries cannot handle the kind of current the FV pulls, and will either cut out (regulated cell), or get extremely hot (un-regulated cell) with very poor performance, not to mention very dangerous to use. PLEASE DO NOT USE REGULAR 18650 3.7V CELLS IN THE FV.... just because it fits doesnt mean its the usable.

The FV is designed to use the Valence 3.2V LiFePo4 cell because it is the perfect match for best performance based on the power the FV draws. Also, this LiFePo4 cell is one of the SAFEST cells on the market, powering alot of high end devices from electric vehicles to the Segway.

FlashVAPE

...fast and efficient ! http://flashvape.com
Manufacturer
REVISED VERSION OF THE FV ADVANCED VAPORIZATION METHODS

*courtesy of Pak! ... always doing the FC community great service... thanks for the edits, well done!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Advanced Vaporization Methods

First, we are pleased to tell you that there is an extensive community of FlashVAPE users ready to give you support and guidance on how to get the most out of your FlashVAPE! Please see our thread on fuckcombustion.com, the premiere online vaporizing community, at:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/flashvape.7778

There you can get all your FlashVAPE questions answered by friendly FV owners who know this vaporizer well. You'll also find detailed instructions and videos on its usage.

The basic instructions describe a fast simple way to use the FlashVAPE that is easy to learn and minimizes the risk of combustion. We recommend that you master this method before trying the variations described below. Since the FlashVAPE is designed to be a simple yet exceptionally powerful user-controlled vaporizer, there is a small learning curve involved to get to know your FV and find your preferred method. Don’t be discouraged if you reach combustion once or twice while you get acquainted. It’s just something many users will go through in the learning process. As any experienced FV user will tell you, your efforts will be well rewarded.

Once you've learned the "simple" method, perhaps you find the thinner vapor it produces isn't sufficient. Some users like or need the thicker high temperature vapor that contains a broader spectrum of active components. Others require a faster delivery. Here are a few of the more advanced methods for using the FlashVAPE to get these results. You might find one you like, or you can experiment with them to inspire your own favorite way to flashvape!

The “LB” Method: Power on while drawing for big hits!

1) Press and hold the power button for around 3-4 seconds, then draw slowly while still holding down the button.

2) As you draw you'll start to taste the vapor. You'll also see vapor rising through the top glass window. Adjust your draw speed to control the amount and temperature of the vapor. The speed of the cold fresh airflow travelling up through the core determines the vaporizing temperature. A faster draw results in lower temperature and releases less vapor.

3) Continue drawing with the power on for another 3-5 seconds, depending on how much vapor you want, then release the button and finish the draw.

The “Pak” Method: Pulse power the FV to maintain even vaporizing temperature and prolonged vapor production time for big hits!

1) Press and hold the power button for around 4-5 seconds, or until you see vapor being produced through the top window or the side vents.

2) Release the power button and start to draw slowly through the glass stem. You'll be able to taste the vapor.

3) Drawing slowly and continuously, release the power button for 2-3 seconds, then press for another 2-3 seconds to restart the heating process, release, and draw for another 2-3 seconds.

4) Repeat until you finish the draw.

The “Tweek” Method: Micro-hits that really add up!

1) Using the “simple” method described in the user instructions, press and hold the power button for 4-5 seconds, release, and slowly do a small draw or a gentle puff (micro-hit), just enough to inhale the fresh vapor produced. Stop your draw when you taste the vapor thinning.

2) Hold your breath and repeat micro-hits until you are satisfied!
~
With all advanced FlashVAPE methods the key is to maximize the amount of vapor being produced without reaching combustion. The factors that affect the power-on time without reaching combustion include the type and dryness of your material, and how finely it is ground. Remember also that as your material vaporizes it's drying, so the time to combustion gets shorter.
We encourage you to experiment with the FV to discover its limits. With a little experience, you'll develop a feel for the FV that will let you know when you're approaching combustion temperatures. Through experimentation and practice, you too will soon develop your own preferred FlashVAPE method. Once you do, don’t forget to share with us on FC, and maybe we can name an advanced method after you too!
~
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shad0w

Selling in the threads is not permitted. Post edited to remove attempt to sell.
Well. you guys were right about the FlashVAPE probably not being the best choice as a first time vaporizer. I'm glad that I tried it though. I would have never known about the amazing flavor possible with vaping! The vaporizer itself is awesome. I just can't get the technique or more accurately the timing down consistently. I kinda end up combusting always hunting for a big hit. It's the inexperience really. I think a stationary desktop hands free vaporizer would be more of my thing for right now! I can see why many of guys here have lots of vaporizers :D Every thing has their plus points huh!! Well I like to stick with one thing at a time.

OF

Well. you guys were right about the FlashVAPE probably not being the best choice as a first time vaporizer. I'm glad that I tried it though. I would have never known about the amazing flavor possible with vaping! The vaporizer itself is awesome. I just can't get the technique or more accurately the timing down consistently. I kinda end up combusting always hunting for a big hit. It's the inexperience really. I think a stationary desktop hands free vaporizer would be more of my thing for right now! I can see why many of guys here have lots of vaporizers :D Every thing has their plus points huh!! Well I like to stick with one thing at a time.

Sorry that's the results, but it seems like the logical result. Human nature will cause you to use 'if it feels good, do it' to get in over your head every time. This guy is so powerful you can do that in a heartbeat.

Once you learn about what vaping is (and you're on it with 'great taste', wait until you find out how much it cuts your weed bill......not to mention living longer, which some guys value as well) this is not as big a deal, but you need to get there. I think the desktop idea is a great one, I recommend you check out Herbal Aire. $200. "Blows bags" (probably the easiest/best way to get started 'taking vapor') almost as well as the $700 Volcano, is great at direct draw and whip mode, has excellent (and simple) temperature control, does bubble hash well, fits on any handy water pipe GonG fitting and is tough as can be. IMO very hard to go wrong with if you can live with the cord.

Good luck in your next experience. Great price on the FV for someone, perhaps you can afford to keep it for use later based on week savings? Most guys end up getting loaded more often than blazing and still cutting their weed bill by a third or even half. You could save that [money] on the next 'half an ounce' (by buying 2 eights instead of four)?

OF

mod note: Edited to remove sales information in the quote and response.

FlashVAPE

Manufacturer

Please check PM, I'd like to help you with getting the right techniques down on how to use the FV for as a new vaporist. Your vaping experience with the FV may be very rewarding once you get past the initial learning curve!

mod note: Edited to remove sales information in the quote.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Disclaimer: I haven't had much time to test drive this vape, and have only made it up to page 5 of this thread.

My Initial impressions have been very positive. Before even getting to the vape I noted how well the packaging was thought out; certainly among the best I've seen with vapes in terms of balancing effectiveness and efficiency. Sometimes the attention to seemingly insignificant details is good indicator of overall quality and I believe this to be true here.

The unit itself looks... like a flashlight. Surprise! Picking it up, you'll notice the impressive heft of the thick aluminum construction that is seamless and very well machined. Fit and finish is as good as I have seen in a vaporizer.

Reading about the construction materials in the initial posts here had me impressed. I kept waiting for the lower quality materials to be mentioned. This is a $130 vape after all. The button was solid stainless steel instead of the expected chrome painted plastic. Surely the window must be acrylic, an acceptable compromise given the costly aluminum body and for durability reasons. Nope, sapphire crystal, the same material used in thousand dollar watches, and the best possible material for this application in terms of overall quality. Unexpected to say the least.

Where are the compromises? Heck, even an actual flashlight built to this level of quality would run well over $200. I wouldn't care a whit if this was made in China given the quality. But it's made in Canada. Even the exposed section of the LED has a nice rubberized housing. I would say that this is without a doubt the highest build quality of any vape at the price, and maybe even up to the highest price points. Well done.

A beautifully made vape that doesn't work well isn't much use and thankfully that isn't the case here. I can't think of a faster vape. The FlashVAPE functions similarly to the MFLB in the way that it cooks herb, but in my informal testing it's even quicker, likely thanks to the bigger LiFePo4 batteries among other things. It was also more efficient in extracting vapor in my testing. My very first hit was bigger and denser than I've ever gotten from the same amount in a MFLB. Very impressive. And that's just the base kit.

My sig just updated. :tup:

IewUz.jpg
KLASk.jpg

Sorry for the limited and rushed pics. All damage to the box was done by me. :)

JoeKickass

Disclaimer: I haven't had much time to test drive this vape, and have only made it up to page 5 of this thread.

:lol: That's all it takes to make a purchase when it's priced like it is, I know...

My very first hit was bigger and denser than I've ever gotten from the same amount in a MFLB. Very impressive.

:mmmm: just what I wanted to hear!
so excited, pretty sure mine arrives today!

JoeKickass,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
well...we've certainly got the right members stoked about this unit! Anyone have one that can compare it to the Solo? Personally, I've never seen a conduction-first vape I loved, but I seek the thicker hits.

stickstones,
Reactions: OF

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
well...we've certainly got the right members stoked about this unit! Anyone have one that can compare it to the Solo?

I will ! Just have to receive my FV and I will tell you the my differences :)..... hope next week

LeTchen,

Tweek

well...we've certainly got the right members stoked about this unit! Anyone have one that can compare it to the Solo? Personally, I've never seen a conduction-first vape I loved, but I seek the thicker hits.

My comp is down and I'm typing on a phone so I will get into more detail later, but I have a Solo that I love and have not picked up since getting the FV. Flavour is awesome and its alot of fun. Only edge Solo would have in my opinion, is that you can get a good flow of vapour with little effort. The FV is dead simple, but one does have to develop their own technique.

JoeKickass

Just got my FV! :ko: Check out my MP holder:
iGGSByl.jpg

Batteries ran out too quick... and the charger can only do one at a time! :argh:

Other minor criticisms: too much logo! I would have rather had a plain black bag...

How do you clean the underside of the glass, I've got a "fog" going already. (Thanks Pak!)

Some ABV (seems a bit light...):
OY05XIh.jpg

After a few mins on the charger!
2Mzolb8.jpg

Also it is a bit messy... I have yet to clean the top screen without getting abv on the sides, which gets abv powder on the o-rings lol but it doesn't remind me of the mflb at all and that's a good thing (except for the shaking)

JoeKickass,
Reactions: FlashVAPE

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Just got my FV! :ko: Check out my MP holder:

Batteries ran out too quick... and the charger can only do one at a time! :argh:

Other minor criticisms: too much logo! I would have rather had a plain black bag...

How do you clean the underside of the glass, I've got a "fog" going already:

Some ABV (seems a bit light...):
(pics coming)

Wow that ABV is so light you can't see it!

The top of the swivel cap unscrews. It takes a little effort to get it unscrewed the first time.

JoeKickass

Ok I really do love this vape, it's the lightning-fast yet heavy-hitter the mflb should have been!

But now I have to know: What happens if we break the bottom screen (already coloring due to heat) after the 2 years? Or say the button stops working? Will there be some kind of repair service for a fee?

I know at this price we could just buy a new one every two years, but it would be a waste to toss a FV if it could be easily repaired...

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Ok I really do love this vape, it's the lightning-fast yet heavy-hitter the mflb should have been!

But now I have to know: What happens if we break the bottom screen (already coloring due to heat) after the 2 years? Or say the button stops working? Will there be some kind of repair service for a fee?

I know at this price we could just buy a new one every two years, but it would be a waste to toss a FV if it could be easily repaired...

The bottom screen will get pretty discoloured but I've been examining it under magnification and I still haven't seen signs of clogging. When I tried kief, the removable screen had some clogging but that's been it.

That's a good question about repairs. I can't see how the bottom screen could be user serviceable so it would have to be returned to the factory. It's pretty robust so I don't think this will be an issue, though.

Tweek

very interested to know how this turned out :) did you use extract? leaf? did you figure out what was the FV seconds for salvia :p

Sorry for the late reply...computer went down on me for a few days and I hate phone typing :D I did not get a chance to try it yet, due to some personal obligations. Hoping to in the next little while and I will report back!

Not in the GTA, though ;)
As long as we are not talking Brampton here...it's a unique gem all its own :D
When you get it I know you'll immediately feel that you owe us a large debt but please, nothing more expensive than a Rolex. I can't speak for Tweek but I do this mostly as a public service.

Definitely public service for me as well. When my friends ask what I do for a living, I simply state that I am performing research for the betterment of mankind. :smug:

The screen on the top lid popped out on me today which was interesting. I panicked for a moment, until I realized it slipped back in with its o-ring with ease. I was able to give it a good scrubbing while it was out.

FlashVAPE

Manufacturer

Discoloration of the heating element screen is completely normal, as the outter surface of the stainless steel oxidizes under heat with use. It is totally normal, and in no way affects the operation or longevity the screen itself. The SS mesh screens on the FV is woven with much thicker strands of SS than what is found on the MFLB's mesh screen, which is not comparable in terms of toughness and durability. And as Pak stated earlier, the heating element screen is also well protected under aother replaceable screen, so it will not be easy to damage the heating element screen on the FV.

However, if you still manage to break the heating element screen, its pretty much time for a new FV, as those parts (heating element screen, stainless steel button) are not designed to be servicable. Nevertheless, you can be sure that all the parts found in the FV are top quality, as is with the construction of the unit itself. When used with a reasonable level of care, the FV will last for years.

The screen on the top lid popped out on me today which was interesting. I panicked for a moment, until I realized it slipped back in with its o-ring with ease. I was able to give it a good scrubbing while it was out.
Yes Tweek, if that screen ever pops out, its not hard to put it back into position by slipping the o-ring back into the circular slot to secure the screen in place. However, steady hands are required when doing this. This screen will also be made available shortly as a user-replaceable part, with a set of FV tools specifically designed to pop the o-ring back into that slot with ease. But I think you made it look pretty easy to do by hand...

Maybe FC members here can give us some input as to whether you guys/gals think a set of specialized tools are necessary? or can most users do it by hand? I want to make the screen available asap as I think it will be very useful to the heavy FV user, the only thing holding us back right now is getting the tool set ready... also, just the filter screen and o-ring sets will be much easier on the pockets of FV owners, which will be a real plus.

JoeKickass

However, if you still manage to break the heating element screen, its pretty much time for a new FV, as those parts (heating element screen, stainless steel button) are not designed to be servicable. Nevertheless, you can be sure that all the parts found in the FV are top quality, as is with the construction of the unit itself. When used with a reasonable level of care, the FV will last for years.

Good thing it's affordable then!

Looking forward to the FVmini! A rcr123 size would be sweet :cool:

Tweek

Yes Tweek, if that screen ever pops out, its not hard to put it back into position by slipping the o-ring back into the circular slot to secure the screen in place. However, steady hands are required when doing this. This screen will also be made available shortly as a user-replaceable part, with a set of FV tools specifically designed to pop the o-ring back into that slot with ease. But I think you made it look pretty easy to do by hand...

Maybe FC members here can give us some input as to whether you guys/gals think a set of specialized tools are necessary? or can most users do it by hand? I want to make the screen available asap as I think it will be very useful to the heavy FV user, the only thing holding us back right now is getting the tool set ready... also, just the filter screen and o-ring sets will be much easier on the pockets of FV owners, which will be a real plus.

I think the tools would be handy for folks who have issues with their hands. The O-ring does have to be stretched out a bit, which takes a little bit of co-ordinating, but I found it surprisingly easy. I can't say it would be the same for someone who has limited mobility in their hands, though. So perhaps a tool set as a separate option?

FlashVAPE

Manufacturer
I think the tools would be handy for folks who have issues with their hands. The O-ring does have to be stretched out a bit, which takes a little bit of co-ordinating, but I found it surprisingly easy. I can't say it would be the same for someone who has limited mobility in their hands, though. So perhaps a tool set as a separate option?

...yes, sounds like a valid option.

Top Bottom