• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

TinyMight / TM 2

onesixty2

Keep in mind you aren’t charging the tm2, you’re charging the battery inside of it which is a replaceable part, so you aren’t at risk of damaging your tm2 if you deviate from “best” charging cycle behavior. General charging best practices would likewise just follow regular lithium ion battery guidelines. As always, batteries are expendable so having extras on hand / expect to replace them eventually is a good bet.

The unit will vibrate on start up indicating its charge level, and display lights also speak to that. The manual covers this and more good tips.

It should still be powerful enough to produce hits (in my experience) into red. At that point I’d assume any hit could be the last hit of that cycle.

FelixVonTrapp

I asked this because when and turn on TM2 it vibrated. I noticed that it was taking a long time to vibrate and heat up. When I place the battery in the charger, there were only two bars and blinking on the third bar. The battery is the one that came with the TM and I fully charged it with an external charger before I use it.
You used up half the battery. You could have continued to use it or as you did, charge it. Personally, I have 3 molicels in rotation at all times. One in unit and either 2 charged and ready or some combo of in the charger. I haven’t been out of charge yet. Sometimes I stop at purple and charge. Other times I’ll run through red.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Edit: I also don’t put a basket under the CU, though, so strictly speaking I haven’t done either exactly as drawn. The screen on the bottom of the CU is enough for me when I used the glass / ti stem

When I received my TM OG two years ago, my OCD made me try a cup screen, on top of the CU. Thinking it would keep the CU cleaner. But I soon noticed the draw getting slightly more resistant, so I looked closely at the CU screen, after just a few loads, and could clearly see the oil residue from the vapor, oil blocking a fair portion of the screen. Made sense as the hot vapor likes to collect on the next cool surface it passes over. If you only load the flower right up against the CU screen, the hot air goes right over the screen and condense on the SS nuts and washers inside the CU.

Besides, once you start to “straw suck” to load the stem, and blow out when finished, you won’t want to bother with screens in the bowl with CU. My flower is kept humid enough that after I straw suck, and gently tamp with my finger, the load does not fall out, test by lightly shaking tube/stem upside down, then I load the stem into the TM which is held upside down. A few crumbs now and then on the heater screen just dump out.

Which setup with a basket screen do you like more, and why? I've seen both setups on here.

See my directly post above.

You used up half the battery. You could have continued to use it or as you did, charge it. Personally, I have 3 molicels in rotation at all times. One in unit and either 2 charged and ready or some combo of in the charger. I haven’t been out of charge yet. Sometimes I stop at purple and charge. Other times I’ll run through red.
Got it, I do have two extra Molicel that are fully charged and ready to go. I had gotten through two bowls when the light went blue. So I assume that at blue, I’d get at least two more bowls and possibly three?

Elfstone,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Got it, I do have two extra Molicel that are fully charged and ready to go. I had gotten through two bowls when the light went blue. So I assume that at blue, I’d get at least two more bowls and possibly three?

All you need to do, is track your own use, to see what your own battery life is, without a digital charger ;)

onesixty2

You’ll get a feel for it, or figure out when it makes sense based on your usage pattern, moreso what it’s about. Maybe you wanna do an hour long session end of the day, def bring a backup or charge before then, etc.

As far as charging where, I have both an external charger (which only arrived this morning admittedly) and just plug it right into the device. Sometimes I expect to not have spares on me, so the on board usb c charging is fantastic and quick charge still. If you’re concerned on which is better for the battery health long term, I don’t think there’s an inherit downside to charging in the tm2 compared to external other than not using the device while charging.

You’ll get a feel for it, or figure out when it makes sense based on your usage pattern, moreso what it’s about. Maybe you wanna do an hour long session end of the day, def bring a backup or charge before then, etc.

As far as charging where, I have both an external charger (which only arrived this morning admittedly) and just plug it right into the device. Sometimes I expect to not have spares on me, so the on board usb c charging is fantastic and quick charge still. If you’re concerned on which is better for the battery health long term, I don’t think there’s an inherit downside to charging in the tm2 compared to external other than not using the device while charging.
Thank you so much for your reply, it nice to know that it’s all good to charge it directly into the TM2. Vape long and prosper 🖖🏼

Gaminginvader

Smoke hater
Has anyone emptied out the washers and nuts from the cooling unit and replaced them with rubies? I can get some 4mm pearls in there but it's a snug fit when I put it back together. Not sure how much expansion I'd be dealing with, probably not much?
I did, I bought a 60 pack on amazing and used maybe 30 to fill both units. It's cooling better but I have been having trouble getting vapor. I think it might just be my technique or packing. I used 3mm I think. Rubies shouldn't expand more than the steel so I think it's ok, I do have them slightly loose.

Gaminginvader,
Reactions: Elfstone

RustyOldNail

Yes, I will use the force to feel the when to charge the battery. Is a good practice to change the battery in the TM2? Or is an external charger better to use. Vape long and prosper 🖖🏼

Most of the time it’s safer to charge in an “good” external charger, but some of my devices I’ll top off the battery in the device.
NOTE: On my TM OG, my inexpensive USB inline meter shows me my TM is pulling a bit over 2 amps, which is okay for an 18650 charge rate, HOWEVER, the bottom plate gets VERY HOT, which is BAD for the battery especially trapped inside the TM body. Hot to touch when I removed to check. So I won’t be lazy anymore, and charge in the external charger, better for the batteries as well as my TM. Certainly, do a feel temp on your particular TM as it’s charging a depleted battery. If it’s just warm, that’s okay. A USB tester however, can tell you the actual charge rate. I don’t own a TM2 yet to test.

jamesuk9

Crew Slut...
that's a reasonable expectation and pretty much in line with my experience. 4-5 bowls then charge.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I did, I bought a 60 pack on amazing and used maybe 30 to fill both units. It's cooling better but I have been having trouble getting vapor. I think it might just be my technique or packing. I used 3mm I think. Rubies shouldn't expand more than the steel so I think it's ok, I do have them slightly loose.

Yeah I felt that 3 mm is too restrictive on the draw and cleaning, not enough path for the vapor, I have a mix of 4 mm and 6 mm

jamesuk9

Crew Slut...
Most of the time it’s safer to charge in an “good” external charger, but some of my devices I’ll top off the battery in the device.
NOTE: On my TM OG, my inexpensive USB inline meter shows me my TM is pulling a bit over 2 amps, which is okay for an 18650 charge rate, HOWEVER, the bottom plate gets VERY HOT, which is BAD for the battery especially trapped inside the TM body. Hot to touch when I removed to check. So I won’t be lazy anymore, and charge in the external charger, better for the batteries as well as my TM. Certainly, do a feel temp on your particular TM as it’s charging a depleted battery. If it’s just warm, that’s okay. A USB tester however, can tell you the actual charge rate. I don’t own a TM2 yet to test.
It is definitely 'safer' to use an external charger, however none of them will charge at anywhere near the rate the USB-C onboard charge will.

Regarding battery longevity, I'm not so sure that is such an issue these days. With a Molicell 18650 costing only around £6 if you shop about, they have become very much throwaway consumables for many people. Not expensive to replace so why nurse it to get a few dozen more charges from it.

BobLobLaw

It is definitely 'safer' to use an external charger, however none of them will charge at anywhere near the rate the USB-C onboard charge will.
Some of the Xtar and NItecore chargers can charge at 3A (with only 1 battery, lower charge current with more batteries in the charger) which would charge a 18650 cell in about 1.25 hours?

ezpz

Any place you’d recommend that work really well and I can buy a pack? Can I use the small one that came with the TM2 until I buy more?

Still got like 5 left of my pack of 10 that I bought over 2 years ago. Will fit stock stems and HA stem.

CaptBongRipper

Life goes on, man...
The battery is not the reason for the power lose on my TM, Ive 8 different of them and a lot of other vaporizer to test the battery , for example the p80.

Im pretty sure the video was posted will fix my problem.

FIrst time it lost power was half year ago, always I could increase power again with calibration, but now its on the highest level already and it is still weak,

so the obvious for me is the contact inside the TM.
18650 batteries are NOT all created equal. Just because the batteries work well in another vaporizer doesn't mean they will work well in a tinymight. Unlike AA or AAA, which all have the same volts and amps, 18650's can have different power capacity and output strength - output strength is primarily what we are concerned with here.

I know a bit about this, not from a science background, but because I been a backyard ebike enthusiast for years. Most use battery packs made from 18650 batteries . For example imagine two identically sized bundled packs using different strengths and outputs. One pack could give me 504 watt hours and the other could give me 1100. Upshot is one pack could take me twice as far as the other, yet to all appearances they look the same. But they are not. It all depended on the chemistry of that particular 18650battery type - How much power they hold and at level they can output.

The Tinymight FAQ is a bit behind on this and . He recommends to use either Sony VTC6 battery or LG HG2, or Samsung 30Q but the first two I quickly found are out of stock. I opened mine up and saw that it has a Molicel P28A 18650 2800mAh 35A so I got two of those. But had I got a battery that seems similar such as a Panasonic NCR18650GA 3450maH 10A, the performance would definitely suffer. In the instruction booklet for my tinymight2 it says use 18650's with over 20A of continuous current. So as in my example above, the Panasonic might LOOK stronger with 3450 maH compared to the Molciel with 2800 MaH right? But the Panasonic has 10A and the Molicel 35A - End effect is the Molicel can deliver more juice when needed. The Panasonic has more "gas" in the tank than the Molicel, but it reaches the device in a trickle. The Molicel is a gusher.

Mind you, I'm not saying that's it. I'm just saying that just because your 18650's work fine in another device, that does not mean they will work well in the Tinymight.

Panasonic NCR18650GA 3450mAh 10A Battery

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

It is definitely 'safer' to use an external charger,
Agreed, that’s why I said it.
however none of them will charge at anywhere near the rate the USB-C onboard charge will.
NOT TRUE.

As far as longevity, I agree batteries are consumables, but that wasn’t my point. HEAT is the enemy of a battery, it will abuse it and shorten its life dramatically. Safety is a key point, and cooking a battery in an enclosure could be dangerous, beyond babying lithiums.

ChipNJ

Dosing cap lover here. I know, I feel the hate already,... but I love the set up for the the month and forget. I load 6 different strains into 4 caps each and put them in a caddy that fits in a JyARZ with a Boveda pack. With the protected heater of the TM2 I used a S&B dosing cap (the only reason I have held on to my Mighty+) tonight and it was WAY better than the Tinymight dosing caps version 2. I never tried the S&B dosing caps with the original TM because of the issues people had doing that and shorting out the heater. I have 36 Tinymight dosing cap version 2s (don't ask...) that I will likely offer up for cheap or as a give away in the next few weeks including a little caddy that holds them in a JyARZ (I can't post to the classified yet and I loaded them all before I decided I didn't like them so I need to move all the herb to S&B caps). I think the mass of the Tinymight version 2 ones makes them way less productive than the S&B ones (and the S&B ones are WAY cheaper). On my own until Sunday (wife is on a trip with friends and my daughter is at college) and I plan to do further experimenting with the S&B dosing caps this weekend.

But... As I experiment further, rimmed basket screens maintain taste longer than a S&D dosing cap. It will have to be a mix, at least the rimmed basket screens fit in my S&B caddy/JyARZ setup.

Last edited:

noobvaperct

Still got like 5 left of my pack of 10 that I bought over 2 years ago. Will fit stock stems and HA stem.
Silly question, but can this seller be trusted? Pictures look like a serial killer took them. Also how could I tell that they are actually SS and not something else?

GoldenBud

HEAT is the enemy of a battery, it will abuse it and shorten its life dramatically.
and that's also why @CaptainBongRipper you can't use 10A batteries, it won't reach even 40W, not speaking about the heat that comes from this 40W so it's way less than 40W to the TM perfromance. TM needs 70W, 10A batteries need to be stored ;)
10A are useless for TP80/TM/FW7 etc' too, maybe with weak heater

CaptBongRipper

Life goes on, man...
I hear this regularly about the TM and I can't understand it. Is it draw speed? Holding a button while inhaling? What are people getting wrong? The TM might be the simplest vape that I own to operate and that includes the mass-market portables.
Umm... we are talking about STONERS here, aren't we? :brow::rofl:

In all seriousness, I just got mine a few days ago and got confused more than once... "Why isn't this DURN thing working?.. Oh, it's me..."

EarthworldTim

Dosing cap lover here. I know I feel the hate already... but I love the set up for the the month and forget. I load 6 different strains into 4 caps each and put them in a caddy that fits in a JyARZ with a Boveda pack. With the protected heater of the TM2 I used a S&B dosing cap (the only reason I have held on to my Mighty+) tonight and it was WAY better than the Tinymight dosing caps version 2. I never tried the S&B dosing caps with the original TM because of the issues people had doing that and shorting out the heater. I have 36 Tinymight dosing cap version 2s (don't ask...) that I will likely offer up for cheap or as a give away in the next few weeks including a little caddy that holds them in a JyARZ (I can't post to the classified yet and I loaded them all before I decided I didn't like them so I need to move all the herb to S&B caps). I think the mass of the Tinymight version 2 ones makes them way less productive than the S&B ones (and the S&B ones are WAY cheaper). On my own until Sunday (wife is on a trip with friends and my daughter is at college) and I plan to do further experimenting with the S&B dosing caps this weekend.
This is good to know, thanks. I ordered some of the TM v2 caps for potential on the move ease and I gave up after my 4th or 5th try because of horribly uneven bake.

Top Bottom