TinyMight / TM 2

JoeyB

Yeah, I wondered about the wisdom of just rolling changes into production. Wouldn’t it make determining problems with returned devices more difficult? Or maybe not if they’re just replacing RMA’d units anyway…
I think they're just replacing the entire PCB over tracking like that because Even with revisions as long as it fits in the space of the bottom plate it shouldn't be a major issue to pull out an old one, install a new, and ship it back off.

jbm

I think they're just replacing the entire PCB over tracking like that because Even with revisions as long as it fits in the space of the bottom plate it shouldn't be a major issue to pull out an old one, install a new, and ship it back off.
I’d still like to see a company in this space ship a device with user-upgradable firmware.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I’d still like to see a company in this space ship a device with user-upgradable firmware.
Tubo as part of the Tetra P80 allows this I believe. I haven’t tried it with my P80 however. I also think TM should serialize the units, both on the bottom plate - either inside or outside, doesn’t matter which - and on the PCB.

Used my TM last night for first time in a few days (I have other vapes I rotate through) and I still LOVE using it 20+ months in. It always rocks. And I use it natively too 99% of the time with the stock short stem and, in the last 6 months, an empty cooling unit (sans nuts & washers). A great experience every single time :) :peace:

gangababa

Thanks to @Cheebsy, @Vaporific, @Abysmal Vapor for recent replies, @JoeKickass for 'page 187', and everyone else for words and pictures on the internet.

I have crunched my understanding and knowledge and offer this graphic as answer to that which I asked.
If the are mistakes, point them out. I can edit and re-post an accurate diagram.
(It was composed in excel and powerpoint, saved as a jpg)

TINYMIGHT newist.jpg

Last edited:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Thanks to @Cheebsy, @Vaporific, @Abysmal Vapor for recent replies, @JoeKickass for 'page 187', and everyone else for words and pictures on the internet.

I have crunched my understanding and knowledge and offer this graphic as answer to that which I asked.
If the are mistakes, point them out. I can edit and re-post an accurate diagram.
(It was composed in excel and powerpoint, saved as a jpg)

View attachment 15502
Very cool & great idea and effort! One small suggestion would be to color-code the orings and also to consistently refer to them. E.g. large oring vs upper oring, which mean the same thing in your document I think. At work, which has been 30 years in software development, I’m a stickler for semantics and jargon and when same things are referred to differently, confusion can set in. Not sure why someone didn’t do this sooner, so KUDOS! This should be in the TM HOF and Best Of thread.

I can’t really answer the glass questions below. I’ve disassembled my TM a few times and have never removed any glass part. Don’t get me started about the inner/smaller oring atop the glass cylinder and the comedy of errors ensuing twice with it (both times I was able to correct them myself - we learn and live). Cheers to TM nation! :peace:

jamesuk9

Crew Slut...
Ok thanks, so it just didn't flash green on start up? I thought the first ones couldn't be calibrated either... I guess there are probably more incremental changes than we are aware of tbh.
Pass on that one I am simply not sure of the difference between early and late editions.

Mine is an early one from Vapefiend in May 2020 and I recently had to calibrate. From memory it was able to cycle through red/green/orange/white/purple/turquiose during the calibration.

Vaporware

Pass on that one I am simply not sure of the difference between early and late editions.

Mine is an early one from Vapefiend in May 2020 and I recently had to calibrate. From memory it was able to cycle through red/green/orange/white/purple/turquiose during the calibration.

If you had to calibrate recently I assume it was from a performance drop? If so, calibrating may get you the same results for now, but ultimately you should find the source of the issue or your calibration fix may not work long term.

Vaporware,
Reactions: Duffer

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
@jamesuk9 thanks. Mine is also from vapefiend from the same batch.

@gangababa really great job! Your first unknown about the bottom glass sleeve and heater. AFAIK the heater is built into the glass tube and the ceramic rods are used to keep it the correct shape and prevent shorts. Only the manufacturer should be touching this area, but he does offer a repair service if you accidentally break the heater assembly.

jamesuk9

Crew Slut...
If you had to calibrate recently I assume it was from a performance drop? If so, calibrating may get you the same results for now, but ultimately you should find the source of the issue or your calibration fix may not work long term.
I had broken the glass sleeve after dropping it a few times. Stopped using it for a few months and eventually got around to ordering new sleeves from TM.

I fixed it and had it performing satisfactorily but wanted it hotter, so I calibrated to +1 above factory calibration.

Much happier now.

Tweakz

20+ months to my comrade TM. My most favorite. The blows are so tasty and dense. The clouds are very voluminous.

It's sad to see a Chinese clone, but the only plus is how well our Finnish manufacturer has worked.

I expect a new portable bubbler from TM.let’s see how it works

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Can the lower glass sleeve be removed / replaced without removing the heater?

Yes, apparently it can be replaced without hassle. The sleeve itself is available →as a spare part and replacing it seems reasonably easy to do:

tinymightvape.com said:
Sometimes people have had this particular piece broken on their units for different reasons. It can be replaced easily by opening the back end big screw with a Torx T20 screwdriver, some 10mm is enough to get the top panel come off. Then just carefully take out the damaged glass lining and drop the new piece there and screw the top panel back on tightly.

Michel

My TM started to loose performance the last days. It gave me still potent, but less dense clouds than usual. A quick repositioning of the aluminum top plate didn’t resolve the problem. It gave me the empty battery vibration from time to time on a 3/4 charged battery. So I ordered a few Molicel p28a, disassembled the TM for a deep clean and it’s back to its full potential like day one (without the fishy smell, beeswax and finger grease only).

I think I finally catched the pink elephant. Sure, it’s not the first honey moon phase, but this one still lasts and I feel like every bowl with one of my other vapes is somehow “wasted”. (Apart the Bowle, eventually…)

gangababa

Yes, apparently it can be replaced without hassle. The sleeve itself is available →as a spare part and replacing it seems reasonably easy to do:

@Siebter Your post is appreciated.
The link seems to be to the upper glass sleeve, not the lower glass around the heater, I think.

But I do not have a Tinymight and claim no authority.

I have been wondering about the words written here and the wood body of the TM.
Wood shrinks. Thus the likely need for occasional screw tightening.
Wood warps. Thus possibly affecting the electrical ground system at the lower cover and set right with techniques talked of here.
Obviously the TM body can change minimally, a small fraction of a mm could make a difference at a ground.
The depth of the threaded hole in the top-cover limits the screw's maximum tightening range.

gangababa,
Reactions: Momor

Djsleepy

Merry Christmas to all that celebrate ; everyone else good Saturday! I got to use the bubbler and highly :leaf:ly recommend! You can sip or draw! Whatever you desire! One thing... in the pic on website looks as if bottom of bubbler is touching/even with bottom of TM but it’s not it is about where the metal starts(lid). Not too heavy ; as said before quality glass and rubber stopper makes unloading/loading a breeze! Oh and effects:mmmm:

Last edited:

ibrokemypie

my tinymight arrived just in time to be my christmas present to myself, i didnt really get it yesterday but today, with a full dosing capsule and a dynavap fat mouthpiece put inside the short glass stem to stop my lips getting burn after consecutive hits, i think i love it now

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
my tinymight arrived just in time to be my christmas present to myself, i didnt really get it yesterday but today, with a full dosing capsule and a dynavap fat mouthpiece put inside the short glass stem to stop my lips getting burn after consecutive hits, i think i love it now
Try without the capsule, most who have tried them say they don't like it.

Sir Wibble

whats wrong with capsules? i like that no herb fall sout into the device and that i can fill them as much or as little as i want without worrying about having enough in the stem to keep structural integrity
Capsules suit some but not others.
They are great for keeping your device clean ,tidy and good for switching out on the go for sure.
Some people don't like them as they require a higher temp to thoroughly vape and due to retaining heat they turn a pure convection vape into a convection/conduction hybrid . So even when using on demand your herb will still cook even when not drawing .
End of the day everyone has their own preferences and opinions 👍🌬🤘

Top Bottom