TinyMight / TM 2

SquirrelMaster

Somewhere around April ‘20 or so is the line between first batch of TMs which can’t be calibrated and the newer ones - if memory serves. I got mine in March ‘20 and believe it’s the first batch, I.e. sans the technicolor calibration light show though I’ve never successfully accomplished this though I did try once and abandoned the effort out of worry that I’d further mess up my TM (it was fine and has been generally been fine since inception to be honest, save for a couple of feedback motor glitches, which I fixed, and a couple of rookie combustion mistakes). Overall I give the TM an 11 out of 10 - an amazing, consistent, versatile, powerful vape! :peace:
I order my Tinymight on Dec. 30~, 2019 and it shipped late February (iirc), 2020. I have never tried a calibration adjustment but I do have both levels of stealth (no vibration, no red LED) and my LED is multi-color. Also my wooden instructions have rounded corners but I don't recall the tag color. Like you I'd give it an 11 out of 10 after 2 years of ownership.

Hi im back as my awesome sister gifted me a TinyMight for Christmas! :bowdown:

It looks very nice but unfortunately i have some issues:
-My battery cap (even after extensive cleaning) is protruding quiet a bit and isnt flush at all.
I also cant turn it at all without a coin or something as its EXTREMELY hard to turn.
-Also i must be doing something wrong as with the same amount as my Dynavap i can only get one decent to OK hit no matter at what temperature. Basically the same at lvl 4 or at lvl 7. Different amounts of vapour but only 1 hit and no vapour at all on consequent hits.
Right now the Dynavap can give me 2-3 huge hits with the same amount and the first hit on the Dyna tastes incredible (maybe better than the TM)
My AVB looks dark brown to black so im sure its getting enough heat.

Do i inhale wrong maybe? Is there some error and it isn't airtight because a o-ring malfunction or something?
I really want to love it but right now i prefer my Dynavap by quiet a bit as it gives me 2-3 huge hits as opposed to one and tastes as good.
Any ideas what i might do wrong?

Thanks for any help and i hope you all are having/had a fantastic few Holidays!

Last edited:
HashOnMyMind,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
-My battery cap (even after extensive cleaning) is pertruding quiet a bit and isnt flush at all.
I also cant turn it at all without a coin or something as its EXTREMELY hard to turn.
Be careful you don't damage the threads. It should NOT need much force to turn it. I only need my thumb to turn it.

Be careful you don't damage the threads. It should NOT need much force to turn it. I only need my thumb to turn it.
It was like this when i got it. It was closed and to open i needed a coin no way to turn with my thumb i would rip it off.
Im not new to threads i know how to not cross thread and im always careful to first turn lightly with the thread and then when i know its even turn it back closed. It also doesnt close fully and protrudes like 1-2mm.

HashOnMyMind,
  • Sad
Reactions: cybrguy
how big is your load size and how long is your draw?
Basically i fill in as much as the Dynavap on half setting. Put a tiny amount of hash and sprinkle herb loosely over it.

I draw super long and slow like until i cant draw as i need air. I keep pressing the button and only lift like 1-2 sec before i end my draw.

HashOnMyMind,

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Do i inhale wrong maybe?
maybe... tm does not have conduction... and with the same amount... it's ok...1 hit ...i think...
Is there some error and it isn't airtight because a o-ring malfunction or something?
i don't think so...
t was like this when i got it. It was closed and to open i needed a coin no way to turn with my thumb i would rip it off.
same here... one drop of wd40 or similar...beeswax works too. wrap your coin in paper or similar... srew, unscrew.... screw and unscrew until you get fed up.
clean the threads

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Dont worry too much about the battery cover not getting flush, mine has never been flush. If you're only loading half a dynavap bowl worth id expect that the be well and truly finished after one draw. The TM extracts quickly. I'm not sure I would use hash in it like that though, try putting a bed of flower first then a sprinkle of hash, then another layer of flower.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
-My battery cap (even after extensive cleaning) is protruding quiet a bit and isnt flush at all.
My TM was like this when it arrived. I have *carefully* cleaned the threads on the cap and it is much easier now. I was pretty worried about cross threading it for the first bit.

Do i inhale wrong maybe? Is there some error and it isn't airtight because a o-ring malfunction or something?
I really want to love it but right now i prefer my Dynavap by quiet a bit as it gives me 2-3 huge hits as opposed to one and tastes as good.

The Tinymight does a very efficient extraction. I can clear a small amount of flower in 1 hit. I usually only hit it 1-3 times before loading again. I think you are right to examine your technique. I like a slow steady draw, but experiment to see what works for you. I also enjoy temp stepping from 4 up to 7 on my TM, doing a full step each hit. Your temp values might not line up to mine because I think every device is a bit different.

Anyway happy holidays and thank your sister! :-)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

This doesn't matter and is normal, in fact it should be easier to turn it open since it is not sitting down flush, you should be able to gently grip the top and turn that way, or yeah just gently pressing down with your thumb it should loosen in the threads and unscrew easily... Maybe it will loosen up, it could be the aluminum threads are not that even in that is why it is so tough for you to turn, most of us do not need to use another object to open our battery hatch.

-Also i must be doing something wrong as with the same amount as my Dynavap i can only get one decent to OK hit no matter at what temperature. Basically the same at lvl 4 or at lvl 7. Different amounts of vapour but only 1 hit and no vapour at all on consequent hits.
Right now the Dynavap can give me 2-3 huge hits with the same amount and the first hit on the Dyna tastes incredible (maybe better than the TM)
My AVB looks dark brown to black so im sure its getting enough heat.

Thanks for any help and i hope you all are having/had a fantastic few Holidays!

Welcome to FC!

Yeah you are doing it wrong, DynaVap is a very tiny amount, TM pure convection on demand will rip through that in one hit at that high of a setting, if you want it to last longer, start at the lowest possible setting and temp step your way up little by little on the dial...

Also you want a nice deep inhale, like you're breathing in steadily, after it vibrates to temp, inhale for at least 5-8 seconds, let go of the button but keep inhaling for another few seconds or so.

You can also load the little basket cup screen in front of the cooling unit screen if you have not done that already, also give the herbs a gentle tamp in there, and I would say do not use hash lol

"Put a tiny amount of hash and sprinkle herb loosely over it."

^Yeah this is not a good way to load, forget the hash, load a full bowl of herbs not too loose (but not packed tight either)

"I draw super long and slow like until i cant draw as i need air. I keep pressing the button and only lift like 1-2 sec before i end my draw."

There's no reason to draw that long, you shouldn't be gasping for air by the end, you do not need to draw that slow, it is not like a dynavap, you can draw quick, just take a normal deep inhale, steady but not super fast or slow, and yeah let go of the button earlier, so you can inhale longer than a second or two after the heat is powered off so you can fully clear out the heat. It takes quite a bit of time to get used to a new device, with new technology you are not used to, to develop the proper technique etc, try to spend as much time as you can with only it and not using your Dyna, good luck!

gangababa

...-My battery cap (even after extensive cleaning) is protruding quiet a bit and isnt flush at all....

.... It also doesnt close fully and protrudes like 1-2mm.

The protrusion may be due to a button-top battery rather than a flat-top?
The battery is installed with the positive end down to contact the PCB board.

? to all: What style battery is factory installed?
? to all: Is a button-top needed?
? to all: Does the TM work with flat-top style 18650's?

I wonder if the TM wood bodies may vary in height by 1-2 mm.

gangababa,
Reactions: Bad Dog

fogbank

The protrusion may be due to a button-top battery rather than a flat-top?
The battery is installed with the positive end down to contact the PCB board.

? to all: What style battery is factory installed?
? to all: Is a button-top needed?
? to all: Does the TM work with flat-top style 18650's?

I wonder if the TM wood bodies may vary in height by 1-2 mm.
My first came with a Sony VTC6 18650 battery. The TinyMight uses a flat top 18650 battery.

fogbank,

Shit Snacks

He appears to have started with the Sonys, then went with the LGHG2 and then the Molicel P26s. I think the Molicels are what he is using now. All flat top 18650s.

He also was using Samsung 30Q at a time (got that with my second one, Sony with my first), he's done it all depending on availability! But yeah I think he is set with the Molicell going forward, they are the cheapest and they are actually the best imo!

stonedmallone

Does anyone know where I can buy basically an exact copy of the og tinymight stem? I don't really want to order one off the site, just looking for a similar size stem where I can fit the original cooling unit into

stonedmallone,
Thanks to all of you for providing great insight!:bowdown:

Yeah the cap not being flush might kinda be a positive haha but there is no way i can turn it without a coin after the first half turn.
No way i can ever open it without one, its super stuck.
I did clean the threads thoroughly before the first use.
No change but i might use WD40 or something and try it out.
If i cant fix it i will write the creator if he has an idea.
My sis said it came like this with the battery so she only turned it on to see if it would light up and nothing else.

Yeah i feel the TM might rip great with more herb but i hoped i could microdose as i can with the dynvap.
Im not sure i can get as much vapor in the one hit as i can with the 2-3 from the dynvap, it is super smooth though.
Also it did get me crazy high from the one hit so it "works" for sure. :lol:

Maybe its just too efficient for those small doses so after one hit no matter what temp its instantly spend...:p

I will try around more and try replacing nuts and washers with a few ruby balls in the CU.

This doesn't matter and is normal, in fact it should be easier to turn it open since it is not sitting down flush, you should be able to gently grip the top and turn that way, or yeah just gently pressing down with your thumb it should loosen in the threads and unscrew easily... Maybe it will loosen up, it could be the aluminum threads are not that even in that is why it is so tough for you to turn, most of us do not need to use another object to open our battery hatch.

Welcome to FC!

Yeah you are doing it wrong, DynaVap is a very tiny amount, TM pure convection on demand will rip through that in one hit at that high of a setting, if you want it to last longer, start at the lowest possible setting and temp step your way up little by little on the dial...

Also you want a nice deep inhale, like you're breathing in steadily, after it vibrates to temp, inhale for at least 5-8 seconds, let go of the button but keep inhaling for another few seconds or so.

You can also load the little basket cup screen in front of the cooling unit screen if you have not done that already, also give the herbs a gentle tamp in there, and I would say do not use hash lol

"Put a tiny amount of hash and sprinkle herb loosely over it."

^Yeah this is not a good way to load, forget the hash, load a full bowl of herbs not too loose (but not packed tight either)

"I draw super long and slow like until i cant draw as i need air. I keep pressing the button and only lift like 1-2 sec before i end my draw."

There's no reason to draw that long, you shouldn't be gasping for air by the end, you do not need to draw that slow, it is not like a dynavap, you can draw quick, just take a normal deep inhale, steady but not super fast or slow, and yeah let go of the button earlier, so you can inhale longer than a second or two after the heat is powered off so you can fully clear out the heat. It takes quite a bit of time to get used to a new device, with new technology you are not used to, to develop the proper technique etc, try to spend as much time as you can with only it and not using your Dyna, good luck!
Also thank you soo much as always for the great tips, Snacks! :luv:

I will experiment more tomorrow and report back!

Its just so different than the Dynavap haha i guess i have to change my habits a bit.

Shit Snacks

Thanks to all of you for providing great insight!:bowdown:

Yeah the cap not being flush might kinda be a positive haha but there is no way i can turn it without a coin after the first half turn.
No way i can ever open it without one, its super stuck.
I did clean the threads thoroughly before the first use.
No change but i might use WD40 or something and try it out.
If i cant fix it i will write the creator if he has an idea.
My sis said it came like this with the battery so she only turned it on to see if it would light up and nothing else.

I wouldn't want to put WD-40 anywhere near my vapes, I think it must be a little burr in the aluminum threading somewhere, you should feel it with your fingers, I think that is more likely the culprit if you are struggling that much...?

Yeah i feel the TM might rip great with more herb but i hoped i could microdose as i can with the dynvap.
Im not sure i can get as much vapor in the one hit as i can with the 2-3 from the dynvap, it is super smooth though.
Also it did get me crazy high from the one hit so it "works" for sure. :lol:

Yeah it can microdose, and you can take one hit, then come back to it later, with a larger bowl, you can also try having the herb sit further from the heater, and like I said set the dial lower, start your temp very low, I start as low as possible, and work my way up as little as possible temp stepping to get the most out of each bowl they are pretty small bowls, though maybe a little more than you were trying with... And do not compare it to the Dyna, because they are not even remotely similar, totally different extraction styles!

Maybe its just too efficient for those small doses so after one hit no matter what temp its instantly spend...:p

Yeah that's what I'm saying it's very efficient with a tiny dose, but moving it further away, and trying truly low temps, will help it last longer, it can be a quick extractor but you can slow it down!

I will try around more and try replacing nuts and washers with a few ruby balls in the CU.

The best thing to try, is getting a WPA, both of the ones from TM, or you can get 14 mm from Alan@toasty-top.com, or find RBT splinter stems and use them backwards for 18 mm... I never used the cooling unit and have not tried Ruby stems yet, because I am always using mine at home upside down through a J hook or other glass cooling piece (actually have one that doesn't require it to be upside down, though I take the first hit upside down so the load stays seated in the basket without falling when I flip it) 508phineas on Instagram sells 18mm female cooling spike tube that is pretty awesome... Oregon glass blower or the Rogue wax works for jayhooks, I posted a link to a great one that OGB offers, triple right angle hook that I designed for TM

Also thank you soo much as always for the great tips, Snacks! :luv:

I will experiment more tomorrow and report back!

Its just so different than the Dynavap haha i guess i have to change my habits a bit.

My pleasure, good luck, yeah you need to take some time just getting to know the TM, learning curve because it is new to you, put the DV away for a while if you can!

andrew`124c41+

I just got my Tinymight today. Got the weird looking stem without the cooling unit, the 3 way wpa, and he threw in a 14 mm wpa and a bubbler! I have not tried it.

Questions: 1) when using the WPA, it does not have a metal screen...just glass with holes in it. The chamber has the cup screen. Do I need any other screen to put in there?

2) Do you ever have to clean the chamber?

3) It is not designed for concentrates but I wonder if you can use the concentrate cup for the XMaxV3 Pro?

Shit Snacks

stressed that the threads should be cleaned after applying the wd40 drop...not to spray the TM
What about the products that are used to mill, drill or polish the plates?
we will all die
💀

Haha I know it's fine if you are careful, I still don't want to do that and would never! I don't know what plates you're talking about, but yeah there's a lot of machining oils used, that's why it's important to clean the TM before first use... I still don't want to use those things myself at home lol

I just got my Tinymight today. Got the weird looking stem without the cooling unit, the 3 way wpa, and he threw in a 14 mm wpa and a bubbler! I have not tried it.

Wow freebies, I didn't know there was a 14 mm WPA, very nice!

Questions: 1) when using the WPA, it does not have a metal screen...just glass with holes in it. The chamber has the cup screen. Do I need any other screen to put in there?

This is your choice, this is why I recommend getting both style of WPA, if you are using the glass hole screen, that's better for a whole nug or a very chunky grind, otherwise you're going to get a lot of bits through it... So your choice if you want to put a cup screen in there! I use mine with whole nugs and chunky grind specifically for that experience, and then I use different regular WPA with cup screen...

2) Do you ever have to clean the chamber?

Your chamber and vapor path is the glass stem, and yes you have to clean that regularly, the mesh screens in particular, I don't know what else you mean exactly by chamber... You unscrew the top ring, to get to the metal tube below the o-rings, and then the heater screen and it's retaining ring. I recommend scrubbing all of those metal parts with iso qtip before first use, including the cooling unit!

3) It is not designed for concentrates but I wonder if you can use the concentrate cup for the XMaxV3 Pro?

No, do not use the concentrate cup, it is designed for a metal chamber, if you want to use concentrates look up in this thread other ways to do so, probably best to keep the TM upside down so nothing would risk dripping back into the heater, I suppose you could try the Xmax cup that way if you can get it to fit and sit, I haven't even looked at the Xmax cup, but I can't imagine it's good lol I would rather use steel mesh pads myself? Which I have done, through water with TM upside down, meh not what it's best for imo

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
its totally up to you if you want to use a screen in the stepped wpa, a basket screen will keep more particulates out of your water piece is all.

l'm not sure what you mean by clean the chamber? the oven chamber? or the herb chamber in the stem? both yes especially with a brand new unit, I would clean everything then turn on the tinymight in session mode to do a burn off.

andrew`124c41+

its totally up to you if you want to use a screen in the stepped wpa, a basket screen will keep more particulates out of your water piece is all.

l'm not sure what you mean by clean the chamber? the oven chamber? or the herb chamber in the stem? both yes especially with a brand new unit, I would clean everything then turn on the tinymight in session mode to do a burn off.
The heating chamber...the screen. No directions how to get it out

andrew`124c41+,

Shit Snacks

The heating chamber...the screen. No directions how to get it out

So that is not a chamber, just FYI, chamber is where you are putting the herbs, so that's the basket screen in the stem... Terminology

The directions to get it out are what I said, unscrew the top ring, pull out the o-ring, be careful, gently pull out the metal tube, and then turn the TM upside down and the screen ring will fall in your hand, you do not need to remove the screen from the screen ring to clean it. Take care to know the order of everything you're taking out how to put it back in properly... Skim/Search this thread!

Shit Snacks

Other than wiping it when new with ISO I have never had to clean that screen.

I thought the same, but there can be a little residual vapor that hits it when using upside down sometimes if you fail to fully clear after each hit every time, and occasionally if I'm using it flipped a crumb could fall down, and they stick to the screen if not checked, or in a crevice, if it's a small enough crumb, so I actually do notice a benefit to cleaning though not very frequent, flavor did improve afterwards! But clean stem screens and glass helps for flavor moreso of course

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Siebter
Top Bottom