TinyMight / TM 2

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have cleaned the inside of the metal tube (originally aluminum but later SS) but not the screen. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt anything to pull it out and clean it, but I have never noticed the need. Still looks shiny from above. Given that it is just hot air traveling from the other side it shouldn't be necessary. The negative pressure from the stem usually prevents any crumbs attaching to it. YMMV.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have cleaned the inside of the metal tube (originally aluminum but later SS) but not the screen.

Yeah, that too, although I'd say that's the part that's even less necessary to do really lol (also both of mine are aluminum, at the time when I got my second people were saying it would be steel but both of mine are aluminum with different finish, the newer one is bead blasted aluminum like the top and bottom parts, the old one was a brushed aluminum... I'd like a stainless steel one!)

I'm sure it wouldn't hurt anything to pull it out and clean it, but I have never noticed the need. Still looks shiny from above. Given that it is just hot air traveling from the other side it shouldn't be necessary. The negative pressure from the stem usually prevents any crumbs attaching to it. YMMV.

Yeah I never said it was a need, but there is a benefit, I don't know about shiny, but when it is removed sometimes you can tell there is discoloration, sometimes from heat but sometimes from material, and yeah you would think so with the crumbs, but that's not my experience, and I am extremely careful with it in that regard so it was surprising for me and it may be for others is all I'm saying! Certainly not necessary

andrew`124c41+

So that is not a chamber, just FYI, chamber is where you are putting the herbs, so that's the basket screen in the stem... Terminology

The directions to get it out are what I said, unscrew the top ring, pull out the o-ring, be careful, gently pull out the metal tube, and then turn the TM upside down and the screen ring will fall in your hand, you do not need to remove the screen from the screen ring to clean it. Take care to know the order of everything you're taking out how to put it back in properly... Skim/Search this thread!
I know what you are taking about. I was talking about the screen in the chamber.

But the way, how do you get into demand mode. I can't seem to do it. Does the screen change to say demand? Will it stay that way next session?

For both this and the Tinymight, do you always have to push the button....or, do they work like an e cig... Where drawing turns it on?

andrew`124c41+,

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
@andrew`124c41+

Demand mode is default. Triple click releasing the button and then when you want a hit, hold button and draw.

Triple click and hold gets you into session mode where the heater is on and you just take a draw without the button interaction.

Not sure what you mean when you say 'does the screen change to say demand?'.

Edit: user talking about a different vape !

Last edited:
Chicken No Name,
Reactions: Grass Yes

andrew`124c41+

The problem is that it keep going into session mode when I click it 3 times. I can't seem to switch it back.

By the way, isn't a true demand device like an e cig which turns on when you puff?

Sorry, the last posts we were about the XMaxV3 Pro. I don't have any problem with the TM.

But, the XMaxV3 Pro when I run it on always goes into session mode. I can't get it into demand.

I click 3 times....right into sea. I tried clicking 3 times and holding but that does not work.

From dead-off it take 3 presses to power up, then you can toggle from sesh to demand (screen tells you which mode you are in) by using the prescribed button press, see instruction booklet.
Once in Demand mode, you still have to press-and hold during your draw - after first waiting to reach temp. (I love the little coffee cup)
If a lot of time passes with no toking, the unit goes to a standby mode, requiring a single button press to wake up, then the press/hold to toke.
For me, it's just too much to keep track of, and given that you have to wait for heatup with every draw I don't see this as 'on demand' anyway.
I tried to follow the directions. I am unable to switch to demand.

The change between session and on demand mode, is holding down the temperature buttons at the same time I think? And then it remembers what mode you were set at so when you turn it on again it will be in session or on demand whatever you were last using...

Yes the screen will change and say on demand or session, and you will see if it is in session it has a longer timer counting down the whole time with the bowl heating, on demand mode it is only showing the bowl heating when you are holding down the button...

No it is not like those auto draw e-cig, there is no draw sensor here, the standby is based off a timer from when you last used the button. You can tap the button to keep it alive, also a nice thing to do to make sure it's active when you take your hit, you'll know because it will vibrate when it hits temp on demand and ready for you...

I don't remember if it was you that I was talking to about this before, if it was here or in another thread, where I said agree to disagree, but anyway, I disagree!
On demand is the style of use. It is having the manual control of when the vape is heating (as opposed to session automatic heating), often associated with convection because if it is pure convection you are only vaping when you are inhaling the hot air through the herbs, however there is on demand conduction of course just like an oil pen cartridge or other herbal vapes... And similarly here there is session connection, this one is cool because it can do it both! However only some on-demand vapes are instant heat up, some of them are not (most session style are not instant), that is kind of a separate thing imo
I really did not know. I was really asking a question.

andrew`124c41+,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I know what you are taking about. I was talking about the screen in the chamber.

In the glass stem? Try using a chopstick or something similar to push it out from the opposite end... For the WPA I don't know, that's why I prefer to have one without the glass screen as well...

But the way, how do you get into demand mode. I can't seem to do it. Does the screen change to say demand? Will it stay that way next session?

There is no screen, standard configuration, press three times and it will vibrate indicating it is turning on, and then vibrate indicating the battery level. It is then flashing red, in standby mode, on demand mode, on demand mode is standard. That is how it always is...

Alternatively if you press it three times and hold the button down for the third press without letting go, that enters session mode, where the heater will automatically warm up, as if you are holding the button down to take a hit like in on demand mode, however here it will not vibrate when it hits temp like it does in on demand mode, so you just wait a few seconds. And the heater will remain active, as if you never let go of the button, basically. It doesn't really change the function of the vape, and I wouldn't recommend using it until you get the hang of using it on demand... Which is holding the button down, hitting it when it vibrates, letting go the button and continuing to inhale.

For both this and the Tinymight, do you always have to push the button....or, do they work like an e cig... Where drawing turns it on?

You hold the button, that is causing it to heat up, and if vibrates when it reaches temp, yes for both this and the xmax V3pro... No they do not have draw sensor, which by the way there are e-cigs that have buttons, and those are the ones I prefer myself, more control...

The problem is that it keep going into session mode when I click it 3 times. I can't seem to switch it back.

Press three times quick and then let go, do not hold it down. And the way to switch it back, is turn it off, three times again. When I use session mode, it is to take a big hit through water without having to hold the button down, and in order to clear it I will tap the button again three times to turn it off and clear my hit... That's why I'm talking about on demand mode is more the style of using the vape, you hold down the button let go clear your hit with the heater powered down, You clear all the heat from the heater... This is a trick of on demand pure convection vapes.

By the way, isn't a true demand device like an e cig which turns on when you puff?

No, on demand refers to the usage style, it is only heating, and in turn it is only vaping the herb as you inhale that heat from the heater, through the herbs... On demand refers to the control of the power, you can have on-demand conduction as well, it's typically holding down a button... There was a vape called the Elevape that used to breath sensor, there are quite a lot of mixed results from people in that thread if you see and probably what ended up driving them out of business among other things lol other vapes also use some form of breath sensing sometimes but more for temperature control, anyway again e-cigs have buttons too! Only some of them are auto draw, and I hate them, personally lol

Sorry, the last posts we were about the XMaxV3 Pro. I don't have any problem with the TM.

But, the XMaxV3 Pro when I run it on always goes into session mode. I can't get it into demand.

I click 3 times....right into sea. I tried clicking 3 times and holding but that does not work.

Haha yeah you're in the wrong thread, also you do not need to post back to back to back to back, and you should not, and said you should use the edit button on the bottom btw also there is a quote button on the bottom, so you can reply to multiple people in one post too, for general reference!

Also another tip, I would say spend time with just the TM if you are getting the hang of it, then come back to the X-Max later, it's much easier to get to know one new device on its own, or whatever you want lol they are similar in some ways but also pretty different! Analog and digital, fancy and budget... Enjoy!

andrew`124c41+

In the glass stem? Try using a chopstick or something similar to push it out from the opposite end... For the WPA I don't know, that's why I prefer to have one without the glass screen as well...

There is no screen, standard configuration, press three times and it will vibrate indicating it is turning on, and then vibrate indicating the battery level. It is then flashing red, in standby mode, on demand mode, on demand mode is standard. That is how it always is...

Alternatively if you press it three times and hold the button down for the third press without letting go, that enters session mode, where the heater will automatically warm up, as if you are holding the button down to take a hit like in on demand mode, however here it will not vibrate when it hits temp like it does in on demand mode, so you just wait a few seconds. And the heater will remain active, as if you never let go of the button, basically. It doesn't really change the function of the vape, and I wouldn't recommend using it until you get the hang of using it on demand... Which is holding the button down, hitting it when it vibrates, letting go the button and continuing to inhale.

You hold the button, that is causing it to heat up, and if vibrates when it reaches temp, yes for both this and the xmax V3pro... No they do not have draw sensor, which by the way there are e-cigs that have buttons, and those are the ones I prefer myself, more control...

Press three times quick and then let go, do not hold it down. And the way to switch it back, is turn it off, three times again. When I use session mode, it is to take a big hit through water without having to hold the button down, and in order to clear it I will tap the button again three times to turn it off and clear my hit... That's why I'm talking about on demand mode is more the style of using the vape, you hold down the button let go clear your hit with the heater powered down, You clear all the heat from the heater... This is a trick of on demand pure convection vapes.

No, on demand refers to the usage style, it is only heating, and in turn it is only vaping the herb as you inhale that heat from the heater, through the herbs... On demand refers to the control of the power, you can have on-demand conduction as well, it's typically holding down a button... There was a vape called the Elevape that used to breath sensor, there are quite a lot of mixed results from people in that thread if you see and probably what ended up driving them out of business among other things lol other vapes also use some form of breath sensing sometimes but more for temperature control, anyway again e-cigs have buttons too! Only some of them are auto draw, and I hate them, personally lol

Haha yeah you're in the wrong thread, also you do not need to post back to back to back to back, and you should not, and said you should use the edit button on the bottom btw also there is a quote button on the bottom, so you can reply to multiple people in one post too, for general reference!

Also another tip, I would say spend time with just the TM if you are getting the hang of it, then come back to the X-Max later, it's much easier to get to know one new device on its own, or whatever you want lol they are similar in some ways but also pretty different! Analog and digital, fancy and budget... Enjoy!
I just wanted to make sure the V3 works. The directions are incorrect. I find out accidentally that on the V3 you turn it on..then hold the up and down at the same time WITHOUT pushing the power button as the directions say.

The TM is kind of f a work of art. Maybe make an expensive stand for it and light it up.... Instant Outsider Art. What will I call it?

How about Glass Stem In Wood & Aluminum. Don't tell anyone what it does!

If Lainaus did something different I would just suggest making it in stainless and wood or totally stainless....no gauling of the aluminum battery door. He could also put a d ring on the door that is hinged so it could pop up and make it easy to open.

More expensive, but would be cool.... Tungsten or Titanium would be cool. I have some high end tops made out of Tungsten... spin quite awhile.

Now, must get some zzzzs

gangababa

Continuing with my unfulfillable desire to fill a Tinymight, and without actual unobtanium to handle and hold,
I offer my 'one picture is worth a thousand words' post with added words because the TM is well beyond 1000 words.
This is an attempt to illustrate the Tinymight's basic electrical parts and functional relations.

TINYMIGHT Electrical.jpg

Because a sealed air-path is important to many, I suggest, that for those accepting life without guarantees and willing to dive deep into their vape, sealing the air path is an easy DIY. The wood heater chamber is nearly closed at the bottom; perhaps a small, soft O-ring around the hole, compressed between wood and PCB board (back side). The small hole through which the LED light shines can also be blocked.

Now imagine this: a small diameter hole in the top of the wood body beneath the heater ground, with a light spring under a short metal rod pressing the heater ground upward against the top-cover; perhaps using a spring from a retractable ball point pen.

Lastly, I suppose that the temperature adjustment is a variable resister in the PCB board system and that heater temperature control is based upon that input. I speculate that the variable resister fine tunes the total electrical system resistance. If corrosion creates resistance elsewhere in the system, the fine tuning goes out of whack. Thus the need for re-calibration.

Thanks @JoeKickass, @MonkeyTime, @farmerpalmersnt, @etc

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
The small hole through which the LED light shines can also be blocked.
Iirc there was a link way back in the thread to a French message board. In that linked thread it was stated that the manufacturer had originally intended on using a small piece of rice paper on that hole to isolate the electronics. It was later deemed pointless as the designed intake is much less restrictive so little to no air actually flows over the board. I'm sure, if you don't mind "screwing with the screw" it would be possible but I'm not sure it's worth the risk to the heater.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
If Lainaus did something different I would just suggest making it in stainless and wood or totally stainless....no gauling of the aluminum battery door. He could also put a d ring on the door that is hinged so it could pop up and make it easy to open.

The drawback of steel as opposed to aluminum is that it stays hot much longer, I'm pretty sure that's why aluminum is used except for the cooling unit and the screws, steel would change the termal properties of the TM. A hinge for the battery door on the other hand would be great indeed; I don't have any issues with the current battery door, but we see it causing issues for others all the time.

Ah, and one more thing: „Lainaus“ is not the name of the TM maker; it's finish for „quote“. :-)

andrew`124c41+

The drawback of steel as opposed to aluminum is that it stays hot much longer, I'm pretty sure that's why aluminum is used except for the cooling unit and the screws, steel would change the termal properties of the TM. A hinge for the battery door on the other hand would be great indeed; I don't have any issues with the current battery door, but we see it causing issues for others all the time.

Ah, and one more thing: „Lainaus“ is not the name of the TM maker; it's finish f

The issue about stainless...of course you are correct, aluminum conveys heat faster...but not as fast as copper. A bunch of people I know, make high powered lasers and we use aluminum to make the heat sink. The sinks are made on a lathe and given find by making cuts all the way down the sink to increase surface area.

I am not sure the surface area of the aluminum is enough that using stainless steel would make a difference. It would be interesting to the guy who makes them.

That is embarrassing...but funny. Do you know the name of the guy who sells them.

Ah, and one more thing: „Lainaus“ is not the name of the TM maker; it's finish for „quote“. :-)

andrew`124c41+,
Reactions: Siebter

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I am not sure the surface area of the aluminum is enough that using stainless steel would make a difference. It would be interesting to the guy who makes them.

If you have ever used the TM in session mode, you might notice the plates getting warm after a while. I'm not an expert, but I suppose they'd be hot if they were made out of steel. Again: not an expert, I'm just guessing.

That is embarrassing...but funny. Do you know the name of the guy who sells them.

It's Ville. :-)

Siebter,

andrew`124c41+

If you have ever used the TM in session mode, you might notice the plates getting warm after a while. I'm not an expert, but I suppose they'd be hot if they were made out of steel. Again: not an expert, I'm just guessing.

It's Ville. :-)
You might very well be right, the only way to know would have been to try it.

How did you learn his name?

andrew`124c41+,

andrew`124c41+

@andrew`124c41+ – It has been doxed by a frustrated ex-FC member all over the internet, the maker initially didn't want to reveal his identity for some time. Then @Stu made it official some time ago to end speculations about it and since then we know.
That is really interesting. I would like to know more about this guy. Creating something like the TM and getting it to market is no easy task. I don't know why he would want to be anonymous? That is not exactly the way to promote a business lol

That someone doxed him is even crazier. You can't make this stuff up!

andrew`124c41+,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I don't know why he would want to be anonymous?

I'm not sure, but two reasons have been discussed: for one he had some projects in the past that did not go well for everyone (though seemingly most users where actually very happy), search this forum for the „Apollo“ to learn more. I personally think that the legal situation for cannabis in Finland is the actual parameter that made him try to remain anonymous for a while. Finlands legal situation is a mixed bag, personal use amounts will give you only a fee, but not only possession, owning and selling cannabis is illegal, but also plain using it. Selling such a device could be seen as promoting to use cannabis, so it might be wise to act a bit careful.

fogbank

Yeah the cap not being flush might kinda be a positive haha but there is no way i can turn it without a coin after the first half turn.
No way i can ever open it without one, its super stuck.
I have two TinyMights and I can't open the battery lid with my fingers on either one of them. I keep a certain type of paper clip in my cases so I can open them. The battery lids on my units are just too tight to open with my fingers, even if I try to apply gentle downwards pressure as I turn.

My TinyMights work fine and I have no ongoing issues with my battery lids. I did have one get stuck temporarily after I cleaned it with an eraser, but a thorough cleaning worked that issue out and now it works fine.

I personally do not see a tight battery lid as an issue with the TinyMight.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
what I did with my sticky battery cover was take a thin sharp pick tool and very very lightly scratch the grooves of the cover and the threads on the body of the tm. it was more of a buffing than scratching away material, now it is smooth and easy to put off/on

andrew`124c41+

Ok. So, now I have my TM along with the funny looking cooling stem, 14 mm and tri WPA adapters, bubbler, and assorted extra parts...and of course the grist for the mill.

Like all my other gear...lasers, coil gun, and all sorts of mad scientist gizmos...I need a tactical case... battlefield ready, whether the dessert sands of the middle east or the monsoons of Indochina...look no further than CaseBuilder to make custom foam for your case.

I have already taken photos to use for the case builder app.

Stay tuned for more.

Be prepared....Boy Scout motto!

(Somehow, I don't recall reefer rolling as a Merit Badge but maybe it will come soon enough!)

Arty can fly, tanks can roll, bullets can fly...but there you are with your Pelican case full of paraphernalia...nothing can stop you!

The TM has a small Bubbler. It has a small rubber stopper for the mouthpiece...in fact he gave me a second rubber stopper!

What is the stopper for? I am guessing that maybe after you put water in the stopper will keep it there until you are ready to use it. But ..the others end is open except for the internal glass screen.

ibrokemypie

you were all right about the dosing capsules, though ive started putting the domed screen at the bottom of my stem facing into the weed to prevent any from falling out into the heater and even after stirring

not using the dosing capsule now means i can get hits from levels at least as low as 2 and keep getting hits from one bowl for hours which has really made me love it, my only gripe now is that it goes through batteries fast, though im hopeful the charger i ordered will improve this (currently im rotating batteries between tm and xmax to charge over usb c since the tinymight charger didnt seem to charge batteries at all)

Last edited:

lauantaimakkara

Hi, i bought TinyMight when it came out but it was too powerful for me back then and I sold it to my friend. However now i'm used to mix thc flower with cbd and I think this could be number one choice for me now (and not too powerful haha).

Has anything "special" happened to it since it came out? Is there any big changes I should know about?
Should i get any accessories?
Does dosing capsule work well with TinyMight?
If i remember correctly it used to leave a brown ring on vaped material? Is that a problem still? Do i need to stirr the material while I'm vaping?
And last but not least, can you recommend this for me? I've been using DynaVap for years and Xmax v3 Pro for couple of months but I'd like to have better on-demand device with a changeable battery.

Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom