TinyMight / TM 2

Dimon2024

strange forum administration, I send a photo of what the original and copy board looks like and my message is deleted. Ok, let people not know

Dimon2024,

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
strange forum administration, I send a photo of what the original and copy board looks like and my message is deleted. Ok, let people not know
Admins generally don’t take kindly to posting counterfeits in device threads since they’re intended to be dedicated to the actual device. I believe there’s at least one thread dedicated to the Tinymight knockoffs already, but not sure where to look

Edit: found one if you still want to post your photos.
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/fake-tinymight-vapes.52604/

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
It was actually deleted because the text was in Russian. I mentioned this in my removal message.

However, please don't post about counterfeits. I'd prefer to keep them off the site completely but they do not belong in device threads.

Seinen

Hello guys
I just bought a second hand TM2. Is it normal that the PCB is black ? Scared that it might be a counterfeited one..
Thank you !

Seinen,
  • Wow
Reactions: cosimo

Momor

Hello guys
I just bought a second hand TM2. Is it normal that the PCB is black ? Scared that it might be a counterfeited one..
Thank you !
Black should be good. I think the best way to differentiate the fake one is the insertion of the battery : + side up on the original TM2 (+ marked under the batterie lid) and - side up for the fake (also marked - under the battery lid)

JJ785

How does the TM2 compare to the Xmax V3 Pro? I have the latter and it looks to be function in quite a similar way (using the same dosing capsules?), being around a quarter of the cost of the purpleheart model. That's a big jump in price, so presumably performance is also commensurate? :)

Last edited:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
How does the TM2 compare to the Xmax V3 Pro? I have the latter and it looks to be function in quite a similar way (using the same dosing capsules?), being around a quarter of the cost of the purpleheart model. That's a big jump in price, so presumably performance is also commensurate? :)
I'm afraid comparisons are discouraged in device threads. This thread should help answer your questions, if not start a new one in ask FC.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Black should be good. I think the best way to differentiate the fake one is the insertion of the battery : + side up on the original TM2 (+ marked under the batterie lid) and - side up for the fake (also marked - under the battery lid)
Really? I thought the PCBs were green on all genuine TMs. The teardown video on the previous page has a green one for a TM2. My OG TM has a green one (but I’ve yet to disassemble my PH TM2 and assumed it was green too). Hmmm… :peace:

Vaporific,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Really? I thought the PCBs were green on all genuine TMs. The teardown video on the previous page has a green one for a TM2. My OG TM has a green one (but I’ve yet to disassemble my PH TM2 and assumed it was green too). Hmmm… :peace:
From the TM FAQ :
There are certain ways to recognize the most common counterfeit units, Tinymight 1: blue electronics circuit board which can be seen when removing the battery (We have never used a blue board in TM1). in TM2 we have ourselves used green, blue and black boards. In the most common fake TM2 units, the battery is inserted the opposite way than ours. There should be a "+" sign printed on the inside of our battery lid, but the fake ones have "-" sign there.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah not really supposed to ask for comparisons like that in the specific threads, I can tell you on the basic surface, TM has much more power, and purity with the glass stem chamber pathway, allowing for far greater versatility as well (larger heating element that is more separated for more pure convection and faster heating on demand as well with more watts present) these differences all lead to noticeably better vapor quality (with enhanced flavor and robust density) here in my experience

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
That is how I ended up with 2 TM OGs. That and the pending PACT act that led to my fears that we wouldn't be able to get vapes shipped to US. Wish I had waited for a TM2 but both my TMs work fine.
I hope they continue with their version of trading up. When the TM3 comes along, I love my TM2 but I'll still trade up. I'd keep it as a backup, but I already platoon with a FW9 and a Dynavap. I hope they get that button issue resolved by then.

The_M

It will not be 4x better high, however overall package:
- look
- feel
- ease of use
- versatility
- power

Make it worth to me.

Wood + metal + glass are quite pleasing

buford

Are there still issues with new units?

I am probably one of the people that has you worried about "the button issue", due to my recent posts about getting my button replaced. It isn't something you really need to really worry about, due to the very solid warranty.

The TM2 is much much better than any alternative that i am aware of, or have tried.

MHL

Try hard noob
As someone sort of interested in the TM2, and checking this thread for the first time, you guys are not selling it to me -) Are there still issues with new units?
Ha.

I don't think you'll regret it.

Some bits could be more robust, that's all. But it's not like they're especially fragile in the first place. They just won't take being used as a football.

Regardless there's a 10yr (I think?) warranty.

MHL,
Reactions: JJ785

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
As someone sort of interested in the TM2, and checking this thread for the first time, you guys are not selling it to me -) Are there still issues with new units?

No but there can be issues with anything like this so people love it so much they need backup of the same exact thing instead of having to use something else during a wait

Allen Ginsbud

I have seen the best minds of my generation
coloring (filling) the hole with a bit of paint can be done.
Perhaps a glowing radium paint as some old watches used.
perhaps you are being facetious, but if you are able to find radium paint, please don’t use it! Exposure to radium causes cancer and other potentially fatal conditions.

You can purchase nontoxic glow-in-the-dark paint.

gangababa

perhaps you are being facetious, but if you are able to find radium paint, please don’t use it! Exposure to radium causes cancer and other potentially fatal conditions.

You can purchase nontoxic glow-in-the-dark paint.
Thank you. I approve your message. I was indeed facetious. Listen to the man everyone! Modern glow in the dark paint is precisely what one needs.

Listen not to me
The I only looks to see
That glow within all

gangababa,

never_inhaled

Okay, I started reading through this whole thread and realized it would take me forever... so then I searched and started reading once the PH version was released... ~50 pages later I finally finished!
I saw the discussion about thermal controls and I'm wondering if anyone knows which temperature sensor is used and where it is located? I'm guessing with the temperature range the TM2 uses its not an integrated solution. For example if a thermistor is used, I'm interested in which one and where it is located as well as the rest of the signal path (i.e. data converter).
If someone has a broken down PCB and has pictures where the topmark can be read that might be helpful as well.

never_inhaled,

JJ785

Guys, is the Purple Heart worth it over the Walnut and the only difference are a few extra accessories? Both are described as 'newest version 2024.09'.

JJ785,
Reactions: cosimo
Top Bottom