TinyMight / TM 2

avtpl

Everyone! Everyone! Everyone! I'm sorry, I don't want to participate in this discussion any further. I gave information to those who need it-they will hear it. I am an extremely emotional person and I was terribly hurt by the accusation of lying from the moderator of the forum, as well as unprecedented pressure from all sides, as if I had done something terrible, trying to look into how the "holy grail" works. I do not want to continue to experience this pressure and I thank everyone for whom the results of my tests were useful.

avtpl,

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Everyone! Everyone! Everyone! I'm sorry, I don't want to participate in this discussion any further. I gave information to those who need it-they will hear it. I am an extremely emotional person and I was terribly hurt by the accusation of lying from the moderator of the forum, as well as unprecedented pressure from all sides, as if I had done something terrible, trying to look into how the "holy grail" works. I do not want to continue to experience this pressure and I thank everyone for whom the results of my tests were useful.
Chill out man!
I for one did not intent to put any pressure or negativism so i hope i didn't cause you any stress?

I do find it interesting but what i said was more because i would be more interested to see how it reacts and how stable it is on a lower setting. Like how does it behave when you test at 4 on the dial.
I guess that would interest me more since that is more how i (and i suppose a lot of folks) use it normally.
And i do expect it to be very stable then just because i always get consistent results low on the dial.
There's no way that i could scorch a load in on demand mode, on a setting under 6 with my devices so i'm pretty sure that it doesn't keep heating up when i use it like that.

I am aware tho that it is possible to scorch the herb when going higher and when altering the draw speed. One of my devices is noticably hotter than the other so i am sure it would go close to combustion when the dial is on 9. For sure if i would take a long slow draw...
And beast mode.... :ninja:
Dang, who knows what it'll do then! It'll be beasty, for sure!:bowdown:

I think that is a consequence of having such a powerfull, reactive and capable heater in a small form factor.

But again: no pressure from me, just curious questions and the suggestion to measure the "average user temperatures and usage style".
:tup:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Everyone! Everyone! Everyone! I'm sorry, I don't want to participate in this discussion any further.
Forgive me, but it seems to be like you didn't want to participate in a discussion at all! You just wanted everyone to accept your findings without criticism. You've repeatedly ignored users who suggest a different methodology, including 2/3 of the questions in my initial post. That's fine, you don't have to interact but don't position yourself as the downtrodden party in this conversation, you choose to ignore those comments, which again is your right.

Old Moderate

1) Measuring with a laser level is a really hopeless task, because cheap laser thermometers simply cannot measure the temperature of metal because of their shiny surface. And in general, to measure the temperature of metals, you need to use a serious laser level with correction coefficients for a specific metal.

I am writing about this because I also started with a laser thermometer until I realized that it shows unrealistic values.

2) I will be happy to complete your measurement assignment, but give me a more precise introduction -I did not quite understand you. Measure in "4" mode (calibrate to 4 ?) on what division ? In session mode or on demand?
The default calibration (from the factory) with the dial on the bottom set at 4 in On-Demand mode.

Old Moderate,
Reactions: Octavia

Rodney

I honestly find that draw speed and how much moisture the herb has has much more/greater affects on temperature than the actual dial.

I mean of coarse when the dial is set higher the heater is at a higher temperature but the technique used in the draw and the speed of the draw and how moist the weed is for me is more a factor on if it combusts or not.

I have had the TM2 for 11 month now and use it all the time and I only combust when the weed is too moist or when i take too long a draw.

Have tested and tested but i don't have any numbers or anything like that just what happens for me personally.

sorry if i seem to be mixing up combusting and higher temperature just to me when it gets too high temperature ti combusts, I mean ti combusts for other reasons just this is one of them and i am fixating on it lol (probably somewhat wrong) :)

ALL THIS TESTING JUST SO YOU GUYS COULD ALL VAPE MORE AND GET HIGHER, SHAME ON YOU!!!

Last edited:

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Lately I've also been doing some tests...:lol: some out of necessity (inner top glass broke on my TM2, I put a new one in) and others out of curiosity, I replaced the inner ss tube with a glass one on my PH. In this case because the stems get much hotter in the PH with this SS inner tube. With the change made I immediately noticed the difference. I don't feel any difference in the vapor
However there is one thing I don't like about both TM2 and PH...I only get 3 good hits + 1 not so good. On my TM og I get 4/5 hits +1 not so good. The greens are the same, same amount, AVB looks the same. Extracts faster...
Why is that?? From the beginning I didn't like that screen with the little holes above the heater... Is that it?

eyevape

👀
However there is one thing I don't like about both TM2 and PH...I only get 3 good hits + 1 not so good. On my TM og I get 4/5 hits +1 not so good. The greens are the same, same amount, AVB looks the same. Extracts faster...
Why is that?? From the beginning I didn't like that screen with the little holes above the heater... Is that it?
I’d say that the og heater can’t keep up with cooling from draw so well, resulting in a less aggressive heating and therefore more hits. Wouldn’t blame it on the screen, as it’s just a diffuser for a more even roast.

eyevape,
Reactions: Photonic

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
I checked in session mode and on demand -300/308 degrees of temperature. Two puffs of 25 seconds each. The device is in standard mode (6 - green light), dividing the regulator by "10"
25 second draw time seems excessive in the context of real world usage. I would think 5-10 seconds would be more applicable. Also, it's still not clear (to me) what the dial is set to.

I'm sorry that avtpl feels badly about the thread responses, but the vast majority were fair questions and push back. I didn't see anyone being too aggressive, but I could've missed it.

The postings read like someone searching for a problem and then setting up an experiment to validate it. I'm pretty sure most fans of the TM2 appreciate it's ability to extract in a way they prefer, and I believe this is the "precision" being defended. Call it fanboy-ism if you'd like, but it's more than just hype. Besides, most users can point out things the TM2 does not excel at. It is a high quality tool for a specific job, and it does what it's designed to do better than most. :2c:

Rodney

Does anyone use the SS Flowerpot bowl with the TM2 as seen here? looks easy to use and handy but doubt I would ever use it unless I got a tabletop bong.

Rodney,
  • Love
Reactions: dukes00

eyevape

👀
heaters are basically the same...I don't think that's it

:hmm:ok, but it is a big blockage of the heat flow and is what differentiates the two airpaths:shrug:
I’m sure I read that the TM2 got an updated heater which is supposed to deliver a more stable performance.

If the screen would be a heat blockage, the TM2 would give you even more hits, as extraction would be slower 😉

eyevape,

dude_de

Just got my TM2 back from repair (broken button), took 1 week to get it back. Oh I missed it, had to survive with a whistling Evo or a beat up OG mighty.
Proper stoned now.

Where can you order a PH TM in the e.u. ? I can't find them even on the website.
Did it get the new and improved button?

dude_de,
Top Bottom