• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

TinyMight / TM 2

Unklmark68

If I order another Tiny Might, living in the US, can anyone tell me what the average wait is?..... I know customs can hold stuff up for months sometimes....
I want one to use regularly, and one to mod..... I hope to have custom wood/multi-wood bodies for sale soon after I get my second device....

So my new Flower Mill grinder arrived today, first grind of this dense sticky snickerdoodle (a hybrid of cookies n cream and juicy fruit) is going in the tinymight!

PXL-20201224-024736578.jpg
That is a Oregon Glass Blower J-Hook, isn't it?

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Merry Christmas to all! 🎄 I did a partial tear down and disassemble of my Tinymight yesterday taking the top plate off and cleaning everything thoroughly. I did not remove the bottom plate and decided to leave the button, haptic motor and bottom battery contact alone. I thoroughly cleaned everything with light ISO and Blu-Tac for all threads. For kicks and noting-to-lose I even added a tin foil shim for the top contact under the top plate. I carefully put it all together and I still hardly get vapor below 5.5 on the temp dial. Same as before I did this cleaning. While it was open I even shook out crumbs from the bottom of the unit through the heater screen opening while the screen was out of course (lots of stuff came out which was somewhat expected).

Is it possible I inadvertently re- or un calibrated my unit? I even tried the same temp (5-5.5) in session mode and vapor was minimal. I even played with the top oring adjustment and the adjustment ring - my stem is never that tight but not loose to the point it slips out on its own. Not really sure why my TM’s performance has recently dropped off. I have many strains and it seems to be the same with the ones I’ve tried and I use the suck-straw method too with just a light tamp with my pinky (the only finger small enough for the task). Thoughts? Just getting up now and time to wake and bake and I’m going to try the TM again but low temps still seem non-vapor producing. Had no issue with my Hopper IO last night with the same strains I used in the TM. :peace:

Vaporific,

Tweakz

Merry Christmas to all! 🎄 I did a partial tear down and disassemble of my Tinymight yesterday taking the top plate off and cleaning everything thoroughly. I did not remove the bottom plate and decided to leave the button, haptic motor and bottom battery contact alone. I thoroughly cleaned everything with light ISO and Blu-Tac for all threads. For kicks and noting-to-lose I even added a tin foil shim for the top contact under the top plate. I carefully put it all together and I still hardly get vapor below 5.5 on the temp dial. Same as before I did this cleaning. While it was open I even shook out crumbs from the bottom of the unit through the heater screen opening while the screen was out of course (lots of stuff came out which was somewhat expected).

Is it possible I inadvertently re- or un calibrated my unit? I even tried the same temp (5-5.5) in session mode and vapor was minimal. I even played with the top oring adjustment and the adjustment ring - my stem is never that tight but not loose to the point it slips out on its own. Not really sure why my TM’s performance has recently dropped off. I have many strains and it seems to be the same with the ones I’ve tried and I use the suck-straw method too with just a light tamp with my pinky (the only finger small enough for the task). Thoughts? Just getting up now and time to wake and bake and I’m going to try the TM again but low temps still seem non-vapor producing. Had no issue with my Hopper IO last night with the same strains I used in the TM. :peace:
Hey bro, or you incorrectly assembled the device back. or you need to enter commands to pump (calibrate) the temperature higher (as I did)

Tweakz,

Bazinga

Welcome to my world. I get no vapor until 7. Hope you have better luck, than I, contacting TM,

Bazinga,

dzoinp

Accessory Maker

Clean the bottom plate and the contacts in the board?...
I do not believe you've uncalibrated your TM
and if it was working well before it will not solve

dzoinp,

Vaporific

Clean the bottom plate and the contacts in the board?...
I do not believe you've uncalibrated your TM
and if it was working well before it will not solve
I may need to do that. I was careful in leaving the bottom plate purposely intact so not to upset what I think are the most delicate and easy-to-screw up parts of the vape. I forgot to mention that I even swapped a new clean stem and CU to no avail. I didn’t swap the battery as it was on level 3 but quickly went down to 2. I did some nice flavor but nary any vapor. A fresh battery has been installed for for testing before I open it up again.

I typically start new loads between 5-6.5 (session 1) and finish at a higher temp range for session 2. That’s my typical usage routine however recently low temps aren’t yielding much vapor.

I do own De-oxit. Is that what I should use for the contacts? Circuit board stuff is not my expertise or cup of tea ☕:peace: :peace:

Vaporific,

Tweakz

guys, I do not understand why it should be disassembled? well, only if once out of curiosity or cleaning after production. but no more than that . for some reason, I did it once and regretted it. it was harder to put it back together, especially with this o-ring lying on top of the quartz holder. it turned out not the first time (maybe this is the problem of my crooked hands)

after that disassembly, probably 7-8 months have passed and I do not need to disassemble it anymore. everything works perfectly

Tweakz,
Reactions: Siebter

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what

The film that covered my tinymight was stubborn, probably more than blue tack can handle, use a white eraser that can be gotten at any office supply store and a fair amount of elbow grease. Taking off the bottom plate and cleaning it to can't hurt, paying special attention to the ledge and being very mindful around the haptic housing, cleaning the screw as well and the recessed area on the very bottom of the plate where the screw sits.

LabPong

Welcome to my world. I get no vapor until 7. Hope you have better luck, than I, contacting TM,

Emailing them is probably the least effective way to get a response back. I asked you a couple weeks ago if you did a order return through TM, but you did not reply back.

You need to do 1 or 2 return requests from your order history on the TM site. That is if you ordered directly from them. It took me 2 times of filling out the simple return request form from my order history. I ended up not sending back and fixed it myself.

Sounds like you have the contact issue. 90% of these come from the battery ribbon connector under the metal lid. Just unscrew the main screw until you can lift the top pieces off...leave the bottom metal connected to the wood body. Then put something under the metal ribbon and the top of the wood.....maybe something that is a thick as the metal strip itself but not more. This will ensure this contact point makes a positive connection and not a weak connection. This is the biggest problem spot of the vape. Simple to fix yourself with a T15 star bit.

guys, I do not understand why it should be disassembled? well, only if once out of curiosity or cleaning after production. but no more than that . for some reason, I did it once and regretted it. it was harder to put it back together, especially with this o-ring lying on top of the quartz holder. it turned out not the first time (maybe this is the problem of my crooked hands)

after that disassembly, probably 7-8 months have passed and I do not need to disassemble it anymore. everything works perfectly

For some... this might be true and some should not open the vape up if they are sketchy on it....but its actually not that big of a deal. I have taken many apart and put them back together easily. They all except one fires like the day it was born! Only one (a friends) that has a broken heater mount was not fixable.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
guys, I do not understand why it should be disassembled?
because that's how many of us got back to business. Didn't you notice?:rofl::rofl:
It is one thing to calibrate a TM that for some reason did not come calibrated correctly.
Another thing is to mask a conductivity problem.

By the way @Vaporific , did you tighten the screw with enough force? :whip:

dzoinp,

BubbleDrop

My TM is about a year old and works like on day one, never had to disassemble it or rework contact strips.
Well, I could tell the same for all my other vapes (including my TM). One year old and never had to disassemble them. 😅
This should be standard (especially for a device worth €250), and not sound like it's a miracle.

LabPong

Well, I could tell the same for all my other vapes (including my TM). One year old and never had to disassemble them. 😅
This should be standard (especially for a device worth €250), and not sound like it's a miracle.

Theory is one thing.....but physical build is totally different! lol

It is what it is....some TM's will have this contact issue....cool beans if it does not happen to yours.....but if it does happen......keep calm and star bit #15.

:science:

Vaporific

The film that covered my tinymight was stubborn, probably more than blue tack can handle, use a white eraser that can be gotten at any office supply store and a fair amount of elbow grease.
I used ISO on qtips to clean everything and then Blu-Tac for all threads.

Then put something under the metal ribbon and the top of the wood.....maybe something that is a thick as the metal strip itself but not more.
I did that too: tiny bit of aluminum foil folded nicely.

By the way @Vaporific , did you tighten the screw with enough force? :whip:
I thought I did and then noticed a slight wobble when handling it the first time. I tightened it just a fraction (without the battery inside and stem removed). It was just a minor annoyance and don’t think that affected anything, good or bad.

Something with my Tinymight seems off, more than off actually and less efficient and performant than usual. I did my usual 2-session (temp-stepped) fresh load with a full battery and it hardly got cooked. It always turned a dark brown but not the last few loads before and after I did a decent but not full cleaning. I may indeed need to operate and open it up. :peace:

Vaporific,

Bazinga

LabPong - My apologies for not responding. I bought both of my TMs from the TM website. I have asked 3 times for a return. I have also sent 2 emails to their info@timymight account. I can take apart a computer, I can repair my remote control aircraft, but I not comfortable enough to open the Tinymight. After only a few months of usage I shouldn't have to perform my own repairs. I'm still contemplating trying the recalibration procedure since I don't have to take it apart.

Bazinga,
Reactions: arb

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I want one to use regularly, and one to mod..... I hope to have custom wood/multi-wood bodies for sale soon after I get my second device....

:drool: Can't wait to see what you come up with... Seems like the wait may have been only around 2 weeks for some now, but I would prepare for a full month wait probably?

You know it my man! This is a customized one, to have three right angle bends, and a non-standard mouthpiece. It has become the piece I always use with my TM, as I did design it with that in mind, though it also goes great with many other of my vapes!

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Crushing .04.....maybe more 😈 it’s Christmas today so hip hip hooray. This hit delivered to you by the tinymight man, it might be more than you can stand. Out from a burlap sack, this vape goes straight on the attack. Other vapes tremble in fear when it’s name is whispered, is tinymight here? Will it last? Who can say? Performance kinda fell off the other day. A 10 warranty should dissuade all your fears? Customer service is lacking is what I hear. Are you handy? I hope so it may be the only way to go. But dam can it hit! And oh so dam quick! It’s spot in my rotation is firm other vapes all wait their turn. In the end I bought 2, did you? That’s all I have to say on this extra medicated day, will any of this help you? Probably not.... no way. Lol

Krash

If I order another Tiny Might, living in the US, can anyone tell me what the average wait is?..... I know customs can hold stuff up for months sometimes....

I ordered on 12/11 was at my house 12/22 I’m in US. Wish it worked lol.

Unklmark68

:drool: Can't wait to see what you come up with... Seems like the wait may have been only around 2 weeks for some now, but I would prepare for a full month wait probably?

You know it my man! This is a customized one, to have three right angle bends, and a non-standard mouthpiece. It has become the piece I always use with my TM, as I did design it with that in mind, though it also goes great with many other of my vapes!
Here's my little setup:

Vaporific

ISO did very little when I tried it first. Does the surface of the underside look darker grey and dull? This is my before and after of my second unit
View attachment 4539View attachment 4540
Closer to the bottom pic. I can feel mild effect using my TM at 5 or 5.5 but still little vapor as of late. I haven’t taken it apart again and perhaps will over the weekend. When I reassembled it without the top plate I made sure the large oring atop the glass cylinder was on top before putting the top plate back on. I ran a finger around the top with the plate back on to insure the oring was lined up correctly. I believe it is but there’s a margin of error here and wonder if that could be the issue? I do get vapor above 6 with the same draw strength and time (about 10 secs). Even with a fresh battery it seems like it doesn’t want to produce much vapor at my low temp range. I may need to do more testing with different strains too. :peace:

Vaporific,
Reactions: Djsleepy
Top Bottom