TinyMight / TM 2

Djsleepy

@Djsleepy
Make this simple test:
Put the TM on its side and insert the battery (I always put the battery like this)
put the TM upright and start screwing the battery cover slowly until it gives the battery charge indication.
After the buzzes, how many turns until tight?
One and half to Two turns after buzz

Djsleepy,

redbike

After 9 months of use I finally have a problem, I was removing the glass stem and the threaded thingy, oring, metal tube and screen fell out, my question is which way does the screen go back in? One side is flat the other has a lip.
I don’t want to damage this little gem

redbike,
Reactions: BestBuds

LabPong

One and half to Two turns after buzz

HC...wow that is a long arse way after the buzz. I normally only go 1/4 turn at the most after buzz.

One of my TM allows for the battery lid to be fully flush....the other I am using is slightly above flush...but they both
act the same with my 1/4 turn after the buzz.

I am wondering if you are screwing in your battery lid way too far?

Are your battery + ends dented at all?

LabPong,
Reactions: Siebter

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
I know I replied again

I feel like I can get a hit or two but then fades
Another thing. hold the TM with one hand on the top plate and the other on the bottom plate and try to rotate. Do the plates move? if yes, the screw is badly tightened ... What causes lack of continuity
I think Ville reinforced the contact of the strip on the top plate. At least my new TM comes with the top plate slightly out of level, which I presume is due to that.

HC...wow that is a long arse way after the buzz. I normally only go 1/4 turn at the most after buzz.

Agree @LabPong

Last edited:
dzoinp,
Reactions: BestBuds

Djsleepy

One of my TM allows for the battery lid to be fully flush....the other I am using is slightly above flush...but they both

See that’s what I was worried but @dzoinp said doesn’t like it was damaged, but it came like that everything flush and first battery change was a turn or two after vibration made it flush again. Are you saying a dent in top of battery or whole thing being pushed down?

Im new to these batteries should I try to slightly pry positive end with poker?

Djsleepy,
  • Sad
Reactions: boon

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
:disgust:
What batteries are you using? not protected right? (both sides flat)
The protected ones are not appropriate
Again:
Another thing. hold the TM with one hand on the top plate and the other on the bottom plate and try to rotate. Do the plates move? if yes, the screw is badly tightened ... What causes lack of continuity

dzoinp,
Reactions: Siebter

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Just a follow on for my for my post about my haptic motor not working. I had been reviving it from occasional misbehavior by rapping the TM on my wood desk on it's narrow edge and it would start up again, but that fix was usually temporary. After looking at the images and where the motor is placed, I decided to slap it into my hand on the wide side of the device. That brought it back much more effectively and it has been working ever since, through 3 battery changes. I am a happy camper that I didn't have to open it up. Nevertheless I am still ordering a torx driver in anticipation of some future escapade ...

Djsleepy

:disgust:
What batteries are you using? not protected right? (both sides flat)
The protected ones are not appropriate
Again:
Sorry both sides are flat but if you look at it it is slightly elevated and I would assume level across , I noticed some of mine lean is that normal , by no way are the pushed in but not level across just a little off
I would never eff with the 18650 itself. Toss it and buy a new one, you can't do that for thumbs or a face.
No I haven’t that’s why I asked

Djsleepy,

Vaporware

From other reports it sounds like the variation in the height of the wooden body and maybe the amount of threading on the top plate may make a significant difference in how far the battery cover screws in. I don’t know what the range is exactly, just that there is some variation in units that are working fine.

If you compare your batteries you should be able to see if any are damaged. The raised metal on the vented end shouldn’t bend too easily, and if it looks normal or close to normal (you said some were at a slight angle) I wouldn’t worry unless that specific battery was acting different.

Of course if anything is obviously damaged or a specific battery is behaving strangely you already know not to use it.

Vaporware,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I would never eff with the 18650 itself. Toss it and buy a new one, you can't do that for thumbs or a face.
Of course if anything is obviously damaged or a specific battery is behaving strangely you already know not to use it.
There is a very good reason I include Fire Marshal Mike's little video in my sig. Do Not Blow Off Your Face.

Djsleepy

I normally only go 1/4 turn at the most after buzz.
See that’s what I did with my first lid that was not flush, but these came flush so I kept em flush. WELL guess what it was .....I had to do the paper clip trick and yes there is such a thing as too flush I guess! At first I couldn’t get under the front of the prong so I gently pulled and once I got in front of it , I went straight up with it and I’ll be damned it worked, she’s back to normal!!!! (For those that know my history of finding vapes long term issues quick I was worried I had cursed this beautiful piece of machinery lol) So, add to list no matter what / 1/4 turn past vibration stop !
It was pretty easy to do! Thanks for everyone’s input! Now back to Sunday!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I think it's rather lifting the contact up:

Those damaged contacts most likely happen when the lid is *not* sitting flush, makes the cell rattle inside the unit (or, as @dzoinp mentioned, when the cell is falling onto those contacts).

I meant it takes good force to knock it down, rendering it needing to be pulled up by a paperclip, and his posts sounded like maybe that didn't happen...? Edit: yup now that I caught up, I was correct, but I guess I worded my advice poorly, glad we got another page and a half dealing with this! :lol: Though actually it seems I probably do need to do it for my own TM finally too...

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I think all the force necessary is dropping the cells in when holding it vertical. I have always held the TM horizontally when putting the battery in and I recommend it.

Lets not forget, these cells weigh about 46g. That is certainly enough weight to eventually bend a thin metal slat when repeatedly dropping it from 3 or 4" up.

Last edited:

JammerBR

After thoroughly cleaning the glass stem and cooling units I was attempting to place the units back into the stem when the glass shattered in my hand. No damage to my hand. Fortunately, I still have the glass stem from my broken TM. I want to order a couple of more glass stems, but not from TM. I don't use mine through water. I've seen in a few posts where some folks suggest using the Splinter stem. Tried it with multiple stems and find that it just didn't fit in the device. I am afraid of using too much force in fear of breaking yet another stem. I would like to find one that has cooling properties like the XL8R. Someone please point me in the right direction.
Ed's TNT has a wooden stem that people appear to enjoy. It fits the cooling unit. I was looking into getting one.

Tweakz

David from tm, answered me today. the cs level is slowly getting better, I think . but the new wpa 3in1 that I ordered on 16/11/20 was sent out already on 27/11/20.

by the way, more than a week has passed since I calibrated the temperature and the flight is excellent so far. everything works great.

Djsleepy

I think all the force necessary is dropping the cells in when holding it vertical. I have always held the TM horizontally when putting the battery in and I recommend it.

Lets not forget, these cells weigh about 46g. That is certainly enough weight to eventually bend a thin metal slat when repeatedly dropping it from 3 or 4" up.
See this is what I do as well, but I think (obviously) mu issue was due to flushing the lid too far.

Djsleepy,

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
See this is what I do as well, but I think (obviously) mu issue was due to flushing the lid too far.
There is something wrong or I don't understand, which annoys me ...:rant:
I don't understand how you used to turn the lid almost two turns after the buzz and you still had to raise the pin on the board ??? :hmm: :hmm:
I always close the lid until she stops...flush with the top late
But ok ... the important is that everything is ok now:peace:

Last edited:

Tweakz

Ed's TNT has a wooden stem that people appear to enjoy. It fits the cooling unit. I was looking into getting one.
I just have a wooden stem from Ed’s tnt. it works very well. but the cooling unit doesn't fit there

Tweakz,

karec

Just broke another long stem :doh: now i realised that i have 1 long and 1 small tube but i have a problem.... they must be from a different batch my CU keeps falling down, i use the same orings but just keep falling...i have clear orings for the bigger size and the red orings for the smaller size. I ordered some extra tubes and orings but im afraid this will happen again, i only have 1 CU (i dont see the point of having multiple...).

Question: can i get bigger oring that will work with these tubes? what is the size of the bigger ones?

Since getting things from TM a hassle im not even considering sending back the tubes and the CU worked fine till now this is just a fitting problem with these tubes....

Need advice and/or alternative unbrokable stems....

Cheers
😎

karec,

JammerBR

I just have a wooden stem from Ed’s tnt. it works very well. but the cooling unit doesn't fit there
Interesting. The web site says that the cooling unit fits. I do believe you that it does not fit in yours. That’s sucks though. I’m not gonna get one if the cooling unit does not fit. Do you have a water pipe adapter piece or the straight tube? I was talking about three straight tube.

JammerBR,

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Question: can i get bigger oring that will work with these tubes? what is the size of the bigger ones?
Claro que sim!! hehe já te tinha dito :rofl: :rofl:
usa os mais pequenos do crafty

Of course yes!! hehe had already told you: rofl:: rofl:

uses the little ones in the crafty

dzoinp,
  • Haha
Reactions: karec
Top Bottom