Discontinued The Grasshopper

Aurora

less is more
Yeah waiting 6 months for repair of an rma'd device. Yeah thats bitching. Receiving a product that was in the same condition as I sent it. Yeah their quality control is useless they basically got my device and reshipped it without a looking at it. Thehopperio team has not helped or been communicating in any shape or form.

Please don't listen to me bitch about waiting 6 months for a device to be repaired after it was sent in for repairs.

If that is how your attitude is toward your customers then that's a turn off to even shop at your online store.

Yeah getting to the last of the units pshhh. Last time I communicated with them they just add 120 days. And it followed the same suit with many other customers as well. So there is no light at all.

Rma'd took 2 weeks to get "repaired" they sent me the exact same one in the condition I sent it in. Then when I tell them they say its my battery's fault I tried a fully charged grasshopper battery too. Then when I ask if I could get my grasshopper actually repaired they said it be a 4-6 month waiting time because of covid. I live an hour away too, they can't even just help me a little. No they shill their hopperio for 80$ off And expect me to take the bait.

Last summer my OG stopped working after 42 months of use. Charging time suddenly reduced from about 40 minutes to 5-7 minutes. The LED would turn blue after warm-up for only 0.5 second then flicker red (quickly), producing no heat. Acting weird. Hopper said probably a bad heat sensor. got on the waiting list. Then last January i bought a new charger supplying 2.4 amps and the Grasshopper now heats up again, using it about 15 times in the past six weeks. All problems gone. not sure why the older 1 amp charger still works on everything else but no longer with the OG. Perhaps fast-discharge batts need more amps as they age with use? It works fine now .

MoltenTiger

Last summer my OG stopped working after 42 months of use. Charging time suddenly reduced from about 40 minutes to 5-7 minutes. The LED would turn blue after warm-up for only 0.5 second then flicker red (quickly), producing no heat. Acting weird. Hopper said probably a bad heat sensor. got on the waiting list. Then last January i bought a new charger supplying 2.4 amps and the Grasshopper now heats up again, using it about 15 times in the past six weeks. All problems gone. not sure why the older 1 amp charger still works on everything else but no longer with the OG. Perhaps fast-discharge batts need more amps as they age with use? It works fine now .
Does the 1A charger (USB wall wart?) continue to show the same symptoms, ie. very quick charges with the same light patterns showing on the device?

MoltenTiger,
Reactions: Vitolo

priestsmiler

Thought I would share my latest experience with hopper labs... Pre-fire times (2019) I sent in 3 of my og Grasshoppers for warranty... 🤯 And I'm still waiting for them to swap them (and pay the additional 25usd) for a stainless steel io... They also still owe me 6 batteries from the hopper labs fire batch... & I purchased a titanium io which can't be registered as there was no number on the back of the box. Don't get me wrong I love the performance of the og GH and the IO when they work. But their customer service (supposedly improved) is, after all these years, still lacking. Anyways, at least I feel a little better after venting.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Thought I would share my latest experience with hopper labs... Pre-fire times (2019) I sent in 3 of my og Grasshoppers for warranty... 🤯 And I'm still waiting for them to swap them (and pay the additional 25usd) for a stainless steel io... They also still owe me 6 batteries from the hopper labs fire batch... & I purchased a titanium io which can't be registered as there was no number on the back of the box. Don't get me wrong I love the performance of the og GH and the IO when they work. But their customer service (supposedly improved) is, after all these years, still lacking. Anyways, at least I feel a little better after venting.
Not gonna argue with any of this, it sounds awful.
On the point of registration, you have not been singled out - none of the boxes of io's have a code on them. An email requesting the unit be registered is the avenue for that now.

I suggest a single email about all of these points, asking if there is any last thing they need from you, or can they please ship your batteries and your io asap. I've done 2 trade-ins and got my fire battery replacements months ago...
Not that you are snarky (far from it) but I'll simply add that I don't think snarkiness goes over well in dealings with HL.

priestsmiler

Not gonna argue with any of this, it sounds awful.
On the point of registration, you have not been singled out - none of the boxes of io's have a code on them. An email requesting the unit be registered is the avenue for that now.

I suggest a single email about all of these points, asking if there is any last thing they need from you, or can they please ship your batteries and your io asap. I've done 2 trade-ins and got my fire battery replacements months ago...
Not that you are snarky (far from it) but I'll simply add that I don't think snarkiness goes over well in dealings with HL.
Believe me I have messaged hopper labs through the warranty portal on all 3 of my warranties, multiple times since they were originally sent in.
Is there a direct email that I could possibly try? I have had to send multiple messages to simply remind them to respond to communication from months previous (all through the warranty portal that takes days or months for them to respond.)
Really all I want now is for them to trade in the 3 warranty units, cutting my losses from the og hopper for 1 stainless steel io and register both of my io's. I can let the batteries issue slide (in return I would hope for free international shipping)

disGRUNTled

Vaping some Mango G 13 , OG TI hopper still running strong ....
IMG-4033.jpg

IMG-4034.jpg

IMG-4035.jpg

IMG-4037.jpg

Gregori

CannaBoss
+1
I gave up with that company years ago after years of delay, lack of communication and a cheap customer service.
They still haven't shipped my metal case from the crowdfunding (2013?14?). If it's not a scam, it smells like it.

Tiny88

Deluxe420
+1
I gave up with that company years ago after years of delay, lack of communication and a cheap customer service.
They still haven't shipped my metal case from the crowdfunding (2013?14?). If it's not a scam, it smells like it.

@Hopper Labs - sent in my RMA back in Nov 2019. Still have not gotten it back yet. Replied to the warranty thread on June 27th to get an update and have heard nothing... CRICKETS.

What customer service?!?!?

Saving grace was that I only bought one device from them, not dumb or rich enough to buy the IO... because, at this rate, it is like throwing money away. So many other cool devices to vape your flower.

Once bitten twice shy.

Lifetime warranty is a sham when they never fix your device and ends up in RMA purgatory.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
So I guess that answers my question on my worries on ordering the io.
or, you can go get impressions (and worry) over in the io thread!
and that one's less than two hundred pages...

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
The

Just below. this the Hopper IO is labeled as “Discontinued”. My thought was this is due to a consensus of sort that for all practical purposes they are out of business. If it is already something posted my apologies. I only went a few posts back…
Yeah you’re right, sorry for some reason I thought this was the IO thread. I edited my post.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I didn't even know the Grasshopper was no longer available...

They were selling whatever stock was left I guess for a while when the io came out, but then it seemed like they started using old warranty stock to build the io too... now its been a long time since any IO have shipped or been able to buy... this company sucks noodles lol the product was always flawed and some of the worst customer service...

Vape Master

Formerly C3PO
Its a shame... because if there weren't battery issues (The Hopper IO) it would have been very close to the top dry herb vaporizer. I have 10 dead batteries. When they were out of business they took my money for a battery and never sent it. Now, I know they are out of business. Its a shame. I give then the benefit of the doubt, the dry herb industry took a huge hit in the last few year. It seem Covid -19 might have pushed them over. Its still not correct that they took my money even though they were going out of business, especially if they filed for Chapter 11.

slozukimc

Its a shame... because if there weren't battery issues (The Hopper IO) it would have been very close to the top dry herb vaporizer. I have 10 dead batteries. When they were out of business they took my money for a battery and never sent it. Now, I know they are out of business. Its a shame. I give then the benefit of the doubt, the dry herb industry took a huge hit in the last few year. It seem Covid -19 might have pushed them over. Its still not correct that they took my money even though they were going out of business, especially if they filed for Chapter 11.
I am sorry but blaming Covid on Hopper Labs demise is far from the truth. The only thing C-19 did for HL is give them a bunch of money in IO sales because a bunch of people had stimulus money to blow. Giving them any sort of benefit of the doubt is a fools errand.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Hopefully someone will buy / license the patents and start running Hopper labs like a real business.
Yes! I need batteries 😂. I ordered and have been ghosted. Will give them a few more days before I have to do a chargeback. 🤦‍♂️

Vapetrees,
Top Bottom