Discontinued The Grasshopper

Vapetrees

Vaped Out

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Shit Snacks

Wow you are right sir!!! 2 years to put all that magic in!:love:

Haha yeah I checked the beginning of the thread and I even found your post when you received them too! October 17, 2015 :tup:

My OG blue Ti, from the moment the pre-orders opened up for us to join as backers at a higher price after the indiegogo ahead of deliveries, was still going strong with @AJS though I think he was trying to sell it recently finally so someone else may have it now...

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Haha yeah I checked the beginning of the thread and I even found your post when you received them too! October 17, 2015 :tup:

My OG blue Ti, from the moment the pre-orders opened up for us to join as backers at a higher price after the indiegogo ahead of deliveries, was still going strong with @AJS though I think he was trying to sell it recently finally so someone else may have it now...
I have 30 ghb3 Batts stockpiled:science:

Custom Flower Hardware,
  • Wow
Reactions: Shit Snacks

AJS

Calm Consistency

Still got it! Last I checked it still works. Definitely one of the most beautiful ones!!

Shit Snacks

Ahhhh my next unicorn to find.. the power supply.. any knownst whereabouts friend?:)

Well the setup from MaxVapor may no longer be available, but there were people in the thread trying it with io posting about what might have worked, I think it also came up in the io thread, but I didn't pin anything like I should so I could get an io compatible power supply myself someday lol

Still got it! Last I checked it still works. Definitely one of the most beautiful ones!!

Nice! Yeah that is partly why I convinced myself to grab a blue IO when they were on sale last year 420 as I had missed the color

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
I also, have an OG Ti Purple one that always ran hot. Never combusted but on 5 will give dense hits. Even on 2.5 and 3 it will give nice dense clouds. It was my favorite before I got my Ti IO, that one runs perfect too.

Last edited:

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I really wish I wouldn't have shipped them my io for repair. The back end came apart and it was always pretty weak though so I guess I'm not really missing out on much.

Still have a frankenhopper with an SS back end/Ti body that takes about 20 seconds to fully heat up.

Shit Snacks

Let me pay it forward. If you live in the US and have real need, my brother gave me 6 batteries. I have no idea of age or condition. Want to roll the the dice that some have some real juice left? They probably do….

First come, first served. And I’d prefer to send all 6 to one person, but I may split them up between 2. But this may stretch the life of some gh owner.

And I’m only posting on this thread cause I’m lazy. Pm if you’re interested. Thanks.

;)FYI:brow:

BaTou069

No I'm planning on tomorrow I'm off:tup:
So, have you been?

My original indiegogo ti hopper that i had repaired once stopped working again.
Support is unresponsive, for a year already.

Is this thing repairable?
Mine goes blue very fast, and after around 12s the blue light shuts down.
I tried to put some herb, it produces no vapor & the device makes a fast clicking sound.

Even tho no vape came out the GH, I was surprised to see that the herb became much drier after my try, it would turn into powder by the touch.

Who knows how to get it back alife?

BaTou069,

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I still feel very lucky. My original kickstarter Ti hoppers ( I think I was in the first 50 orders ) are both still working and have never been sent in for repair. Even my friends who ordered theirs shortly after me have had to send back. Although they don't get used as often as they once did, they are still in the rotation and work great. The uniqueness ( stealth ) of the Grasshopper design is still something I long to see another company copy. It's too bad they had to make a proprietary battery which is now unavailable.

Adobewan

I still feel very lucky. My original kickstarter Ti hoppers ( I think I was in the first 50 orders ) are both still working and have never been sent in for repair. Even my friends who ordered theirs shortly after me have had to send back. Although they don't get used as often as they once did, they are still in the rotation and work great. The uniqueness ( stealth ) of the Grasshopper design is still something I long to see another company copy. It's too bad they had to make a proprietary battery which is now unavailable.
Mine as well, both my Ti and SS hoppers are alive and well.
I don't use them much due to reports on FC. That form factor is hard to beat.

Not sure if they're still available, but I've bought batteries twice from them this year using a link in this thread with no issues.

dmonster

I have a Purple TI that had a battery leak in it. The heater has corrosion on it and isn't working. Anyone have any thoughts on a fix for that? Also, my io isn't working. The lights come on and immediately go off.. I have a total of 4 hoppers and the Maxx power adapter, all of which I'm eventually going to get rid of, but I want to get these units up and running before I sell them, so any advise is appreciated

dmonster,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Not sure if they're still available, but I've bought batteries twice from them this year using a link in this thread with no issues.
No they’re not. I thought this thread was closed and the Hopper io thread was the consolidated one but I guess I’m wrong. Someone on the other thread was likely the last person I know of who bought batteries directly from HL. I placed on order shortly thereafter, sometime in mid July, and never heard from HL and ended up disputing the charge with my credit card company. Needless to say my credit card company never heard from HL nor I from my credit card company about any appeal from HL.

What’s left is any retailer selling new batts or perhaps a private sale/transaction with those that have new (or gently used) batteries. I still have a few decent ones; I don’t have a Maxvapor power sled (which negates any portability anyway). After that it’s mothballs for both my Hoppers, OG and IO. An end of an era is upon us. :peace:

eideal852

how does 'tricity even work?
not that any of us run a battery op in china, but I wonder how crazy itd be to source from a manufacturer. they werent making em in house...

eideal852,
Reactions: Vitolo

Shit Snacks

The Simpsons GIF

Top Bottom