Discontinued The Grasshopper

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
i think it is the best way to do it without @VGOODIEZ ;) i wish you the best luck 👍
Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy to help if communication gets hung up but I'm told they are getting to the last of the warranty units and there is light at the end of the tunnel. People should be communicating through the portal and use support@thehopper.io if that proves ineffective.

I'm just not going to listen to anyone bitch about how unhappy they are or they things are not happening fast enough. I have no control and no patience for that.

Eespiajer

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy to help if communication gets hung up but I'm told they are getting to the last of the warranty units and there is light at the end of the tunnel. People should be communicating through the portal and use support@thehopper.io if that proves ineffective.

I'm just not going to listen to anyone bitch about how unhappy they are or they things are not happening fast enough. I have no control and no patience for that.
Yeah waiting 6 months for repair of an rma'd device. Yeah thats bitching. Receiving a product that was in the same condition as I sent it. Yeah their quality control is useless they basically got my device and reshipped it without a looking at it. Thehopperio team has not helped or been communicating in any shape or form.

Please don't listen to me bitch about waiting 6 months for a device to be repaired after it was sent in for repairs.

If that is how your attitude is toward your customers then that's a turn off to even shop at your online store.

Yeah getting to the last of the units pshhh. Last time I communicated with them they just add 120 days. And it followed the same suit with many other customers as well. So there is no light at all.

Rma'd took 2 weeks to get "repaired" they sent me the exact same one in the condition I sent it in. Then when I tell them they say its my battery's fault I tried a fully charged grasshopper battery too. Then when I ask if I could get my grasshopper actually repaired they said it be a 4-6 month waiting time because of covid. I live an hour away too, they can't even just help me a little. No they shill their hopperio for 80$ off And expect me to take the bait.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Yeah waiting 6 months for repair of an rma'd device. Yeah thats bitching. Receiving a product that was in the same condition as I sent it. Yeah their quality control is useless they basically got my device and reshipped it without a looking at it. Thehopperio team has not helped or been communicating in any shape or form.

Please don't listen to me bitch about waiting 6 months for a device to be repaired after it was sent in for repairs.

If that is how your attitude is toward your customers then that's a turn off to even shop at your online store.

Yeah getting to the last of the units pshhh. Last time I communicated with them they just add 120 days. And it followed the same suit with many other customers as well. So there is no light at all.

Rma'd took 2 weeks to get "repaired" they sent me the exact same one in the condition I sent it in. Then when I tell them they say its my battery's fault I tried a fully charged grasshopper battery too. Then when I ask if I could get my grasshopper actually repaired they said it be a 4-6 month waiting time because of covid. I live an hour away too, they can't even just help me a little. No they shill their hopperio for 80$ off And expect me to take the bait.
Rapid red lights, as in your video, are described in the Troubleshooting Guide as low battery warning.
1612697965361.png
You said that you tried a charged battery, but are you positively sure it was a good battery? When they get some age they just go downhill fast. Might appear to take a charge but they can't output enough to run hopper.
I would gladly send you a battery if you message me.

Eespiajer

Tried two different ones. Checked the battery on my luc charger and tried the usb one too. One of them was obviously dead. The other one charged fully put it in my grasshopper, and it worked well. Also the device does get hot so but it doesnt reach the herb for some reason when i try to draw. Im very grateful for your offer vapiking thank you.

Eespiajer,

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer

Yeah I'm sorry for your experience but I don't have any control over it. I keep being told to take this to PM my the mods here but I'm not the one initiating the conversation. I understand the frustration people have in some cases but again I don't have influence.

I got involved to try to sincerely help people and it turns out I became the target of frustration. I will only take so much of that and frankly I don't deserve it. Sorry if people don't understand that.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Yeah I'm sorry for your experience but I don't have any control over it. I keep being told to take this to PM my the mods here but I'm not the one initiating the conversation. I understand the frustration people have in some cases but again I don't have influence.

I got involved to try to sincerely help people and it turns out I became the target of frustration. I will only take so much of that and frankly I don't deserve it. Sorry if people don't understand that.
dear @VGOODIEZ, respectfully,
You could have taken this straightaway to PM when I mentioned your name and the name of the person needing help both in the same post a few days ago. Instead, you spent 3 or 4 posts talking about how you're not gonna put up with bs, which served to elicit some more negative feedback.

I understand that you are doing this on a volunteer basis, and I appreciate the help you have given me and others in the past. Fact is, when you do this, even as volunteer, you are putting on a customer service hat and unless you want to have to explain yourself ad infinitum, maybe try to understand that certain attitudes and vibes don't fit well with the c/s persona.
I'm sending @Eespiajer a battery.

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
I understand the attitude and have been very clear about that. When people contact me I provide them the best response I can but I don't control anything and will not be personally attacked over this. People like to hide behind their keyboard and treat people like shit. I am only going to take so much of that.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I understand the attitude and have been very clear about that. When people contact me I provide them the best response I can but I don't control anything and will not be personally attacked over this. People like to hide behind their keyboard and treat people like shit. I am only going to take so much of that.
We decided to allow retailers to post in vape-specific threads a while ago, but we put in certain guidelines to follow. One of them being:
Forum Rules said:
  • Don't perform customer service in a thread. If a member asks you directly about your business (orders, sales, stock, RMAs etc.) do not reply in the thread, rather take it up with the member via PM.
Please keep any replies to inquiries you receive to PM.

Likewise, if anyone else has any comment or questions for @VGOODIEZ, please send him a PM. This thread is not the place for back and forth CS issues.

Thank you.

:peace:

cliffhanger1

Has anyone here had one time removed the heating chamber of the OG Grasshopper / Hopper io from the body

or has anybody an idea how to remove it?

I know the guarantee ends then, but I'm interested, maybe you can fix small errors yourself

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Has anyone here had one time removed the heating chamber of the OG Grasshopper / Hopper io from the body

or has anybody an idea how to remove it?

I know the guarantee ends then, but I'm interested, maybe you can fix small errors yourself
I can tell you that you can remove the chamber screen, it is only friction-fit in the chamber.
The entire heater assembly and board are mounted in a short module that is screwed into the body. The shell of that module is the part that has male threads onto which mouthpiece spins. If you can grab that shaft it is possible to unscrew the assembly. There may or may not be difficulty in screwing the module back into place. I (and at least one other member) have had the module come out all on it's own...
I think there was a picture not toooo long ago, sorry idr if in this thread or the io.

Other than a good cleaning I can't imagine what fault you might find to 'fix' in there.

cliffhanger1

I can tell you that you can remove the chamber screen, it is only friction-fit in the chamber.
The entire heater assembly and board are mounted in a short module that is screwed into the body. The shell of that module is the part that has male threads onto which mouthpiece spins. If you can grab that shaft it is possible to unscrew the assembly. There may or may not be difficulty in screwing the module back into place. I (and at least one other member) have had the module come out all on it's own...
I think there was a picture not toooo long ago, sorry idr if in this thread or the io.

Other than a good cleaning I can't imagine what fault you might find to 'fix' in there.
thank you

that with the chamber screen i know. but i mean the module which you tell. how i can remove or grab this ? do you know that?

yes i only will do it for better cleaning because one of my hopper io`s switches itself off after a while and is no longer as hot as before

i think that maybe there is something little dirty on the temperature sensor for example

Last edited:
cliffhanger1,
Reactions: Vitolo

vapviking

Old & In the Way
thank you

that with the chamber screen i know. but i mean the module which you tell. how i can remove or grab this ? do you know that?

yes i only will do it for better cleaning because one of my hopper io`s switches itself off after a while and is no longer as hot as before

i think that maybe there is something little dirty on the temperature sensor for example
I recommend not trying. There's some type of thread lock in there to keep it really tight and that may make it impossible for you to put it back properly.
Try cleaning by getting it real hot and blowing compressed air through.
And the usual, "Are you sure you have a good battery in there?" These things get just plain wonky with an old battery.

cliffhanger1

I recommend not trying. There's some type of thread lock in there to keep it really tight and that may make it impossible for you to put it back properly.
Try cleaning by getting it real hot and blowing compressed air through.
And the usual, "Are you sure you have a good battery in there?" These things get just plain wonky with an old battery.
i get it real hot already and blow with compressed air too

i tried more than one new batteries because i have much. nothing brought anything

because i have 5 hoppers and ordered 3 new spare bodys too it were no problem for me to try it maybe with only one unit

Vitolo

Vaporist
because i have 5 hoppers and ordered 3 new spare bodys too
They should definitely treat you as a VIP/concierge, with that much Grasshopper artillery.
It is customers like you that they need to care for!

Photo-on-2-10-21-at-7-15-PM.jpg

Vito Feb 2021- Representin'

cliffhanger1

time is running out for edit..

i tried again with compressed air in the air holes while it was warm (first time while warm) and now the Hopper dont go out after some seconds, and the ABV is dark like before. . I also have the impression that this body doesn't get as hot as others, but every device is different and the main thing is that the ABV is dark and vaporized well. I don't know exactly whether the steel got hotter before, but I think so, but as I said, it vaped well afterwards. I'll spray it with air again some days later and I think I'll get it good to run again and i come around to taking it apart . but it is an io not og. ohh wrong thread, but I asked generally before. thx again vapviking :)

Last edited:

cliffhanger1

I was saying that you might unscrew the entire cylinder that holds the assembly, not just the heating element.
English is a foreign language for me, I didn't quite understand this sentence. for me, the heating element is the same as the entyre cylinder. or I mean the element between the end of the battery and the lower sieve

cliffhanger1,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
English is a foreign language for me, I didn't quite understand this sentence. for me, the heating element is the same as the entyre cylinder. or I mean the element between the end of the battery and the lower sieve
Partly language, and in part my weak explanations.
For a moment, don't think about looking inside the grasshopper, just look at the body, with mouthpiece removed.
If you could grab the outside shell of the chamber with a tool (pliers) and the outside of the body with a tool (pliers), then turn them against each other, the chamber would loosen and come out of the body.

Attached to that chamber cylinder are the lower internal screen (sieve, you say), the heat element, the circuit board and the battery contact -- virtually all of the "internals" are removed by un-threading the chamber from the body.

Maybe inquire in the io thread about who posted a photo of the internal parts removed?

cliffhanger1

Partly language, and in part my weak explanations.
For a moment, don't think about looking inside the grasshopper, just look at the body, with mouthpiece removed.
If you could grab the outside shell of the chamber with a tool (pliers) and the outside of the body with a tool (pliers), then turn them against each other, the chamber would loosen and come out of the body.

Attached to that chamber cylinder are the lower internal screen (sieve, you say), the heat element, the circuit board and the battery contact -- virtually all of the "internals" are removed by un-threading the chamber from the body.

Maybe inquire in the io thread about who posted a photo of the internal parts removed?
thank you very much, that was very good explained from you :) now i understood it right :)

Last edited:

cliffhanger1

They should definitely treat you as a VIP/concierge, with that much Grasshopper artillery.
It is customers like you that they need to care for!

Photo-on-2-10-21-at-7-15-PM.jpg

Vito Feb 2021- Representin'
what i can say they give me 15 % discount to my actually order ;)

cliffhanger1,

Mr. Me2

Hi Guys & Girls Does anyone have the link to the latest IO thread please?
Here you go...

Top Bottom