Discontinued The Grasshopper

jabba

ordered a couple discount batteries, they shipped right away, both labeled GHB3. don't call it a comeback, lol.
+1 same here. checking with Hopper to see if they are willing to offer me some trade in value for my two hoppers for a new io.....we shall see. I don't want to deal with warranty on my old hoppers....nor do I want to pony up another $250+ for a new hopper given the lack of service on the old one. Great device......but geez.

jabba,

fogbank

+1 same here. checking with Hopper to see if they are willing to offer me some trade in value for my two hoppers for a new io.....we shall see. I don't want to deal with warranty on my old hoppers....nor do I want to pony up another $250+ for a new hopper given the lack of service on the old one. Great device......but geez.
Be prepared to receive an offer for an $80 credit for each OG Hopper that you want to trade in. They will probably also ask for tracking numbers to prove that you shipped the OG Hoppers and chargers back to HL.

Tiny88

Deluxe420
I am not buying an IO until I get my OG back... no guarantees that I will have to deal with the same "lifetime" warranty BS with the IO at some point. If they come through with my RMA, I MAY consider picking up an IO, but for now the trust is gone.

Tiny88

Deluxe420
Got an update from HL (for my Nov 2019 RMA) on Sept 29th that my Hopper is now in the service queue. I asked for my Hopper to be returned in the same physical condition as when I sent it in, as I have heard horror stories that people have received their Hoppers back after an RMA in less than ideal condition. Keeping my fingers cross, hopefully this means that HL is finally turning the corner. If HL pulls through with this, I would definitely consider getting an IO.

Last edited:

PAZ

So long story short, I was a Kickstarter backer and by some miracle my unit still works. I will say that I don't use it often (~5-10 times a month), so that may be the reason i've lucked out. Basically from the start the charger stopped working, and I decided rather than pay the shipping fees to just buy an external charger.

At this point, my battery is pretty weak. I don't really have any intention of buying a new battery as I mainly just use it at home, so was wondering if anyone has a charger they're willing to sell. Hopefully this isn't again forum rules as I haven't been around here for awhile, but PM if you do. Ideally in or near Vancouver, Canada.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Like @PAZ , I have had wonderful luck with my Hopper.
I tried @ChooChooCharlie 's GH in 2017, and loved the unit.
I did not get my unit until this year... but it works very well.
For 7 months now, I have used it for 2 or 3 sessions daily. I was gifted a bag of spare batteries,
some new, and some used, but I have not had to open that bag yet.
I am on the original battery that came in the unit when I received it.
I charge unit after I have done 3 sessions with it. It will go another session or 2 but my habit of 3 sessions and charge works well, so I stick with it.
I still love the GH!

Last edited:

DryBonesufo

Hey everyone, just bought a used blue TI hopper that already has been sent to Hopper labs twice by the original owner. It works great! The only thing is, the back end is not as flush with the unit. I have to screw the back end in a specific way so that it doesn’t pop off nonetheless, it’s works admirably. I still combust by smoking bowls and blunts. This grasshopper gives me that feeling when hitting it natively and most importantly.... it gets me really really high. I am actually able to fill the chamber and a few hits here and there throughout the day, I can make that chamber last for about 2-3 hours. I don’t know this vape hits differently than any vape I have owned. Along with this I had ordered a new TI GH from Vape.gift, yes I’m all in on Hopper labs. The used GH came with 6 batteries, three of them are GHB2 the rest are GHB3. I also ordered two brand new batteries from HL. Overall I have 9 batteries. Even the used batteries have been giving me 8-10 clicks with two-three pulls each click. That’s fucking amazing especially for how strong the vapor can be. So far I am using the new TI GH. So far so good. I hope I don’t jinx myself with this post, I had to email hopper labs to register the new TI and possibly just add or transfer the old blue TI warranty.
This by far has made me a believer. This is really the only vape I need. Straight up a Milaana in a pen form. Wish me luck guys! lol. Received my used TI this past Monday and the new TI Tuesday. Going to keep note and see how long it will last before I have to send it in.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
yes I’m all in on Hopper labs.
Glad you are enjoying the Grasshoppers, and that they may lead to some degree of combustion-fucking is great!
"All in" is a tenuous position in which to place oneself with HL, with these og hoppers. Not much (if any) service has been happening on them for well over a year now as all their attention seems to have turned to the io.

DryBonesufo

Glad you are enjoying the Grasshoppers, and that they may lead to some degree of combustion-fucking is great!
"All in" is a tenuous position in which to place oneself with HL, with these og hoppers. Not much (if any) service has been happening on them for well over a year now as all their attention seems to have turned to the io.
Yeah it is a bold statement, however it’s been years and years. I can only assume that the new models over the years they have been setting the units up for higher reliability. You would think that they would just make it reliable so they don’t have to worry about it but I guess not.

Eespiajer

I sent mine in to be repaired last week. Then got an email earlier this week that my unit has been repaired and is being shipped. Howd they get my unit back to me so fast? Or they said fuck it heres a thehopper.io . I'll keep you guys updated. This unit was one of the first units then it died earlier in the year got it repaired. Then died 2 weeks in. Then I never used it for 2 years because rma hassle. Was going to send it 2019 but their facility caught fire. So I hope I get a quality product. For vaporizing I've been using the enano for the past decade it never died. The housing cracked from being rough with it but still working.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I sent mine in to be repaired last week. Then got an email earlier this week that my unit has been repaired and is being shipped. Howd they get my unit back to me so fast? Or they said fuck it heres a thehopper.io . I'll keep you guys updated. This unit was one of the first units then it died earlier in the year got it repaired. Then died 2 weeks in. Then I never used it for 2 years because rma hassle. Was going to send it 2019 but their facility caught fire. So I hope I get a quality product. For vaporizing I've been using the enano for the past decade it never died. The housing cracked from being rough with it but still working.
This is definitely newsworthy, thank you for posting and please do let us know how this develops.
Best of luck!

jabba

Quick repair turnaround is good news!...thanks for posting. Your second sentence negates your hopeful premonition of a fresh io. "got an email earlier this week that my unit has been repaired and is being shipped".

It could be more likely that with the influx of 'trade in' OG's....and the accompanying spare parts that they will bring to HL....that your unit was more quickly and easier to repair than in the past (assuming HL is putting their efforts into the io parts and processes).

I can tell you that I traded in a 2016 OG SS that was my daily driver....clean as a whistle...and in perfect functional and cosmetic condition.....to get my $80 credit towards an io. I seldom believe that I am the only one doing anything......so likely that HL has a lot of good (used) parts returning to them recently.

YMMV

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Quick repair turnaround is good news!...thanks for posting. Your second sentence negates your hopeful premonition of a fresh io. "got an email earlier this week that my unit has been repaired and is being shipped".

It could be more likely that with the influx of 'trade in' OG's....and the accompanying spare parts that they will bring to HL....that your unit was more quickly and easier to repair than in the past (assuming HL is putting their efforts into the io parts and processes).

I can tell you that I traded in a 2016 OG SS that was my daily driver....clean as a whistle...and in perfect functional and cosmetic condition.....to get my $80 credit towards an io. I seldom believe that I am the only one doing anything......so likely that HL has a lot of good (used) parts returning to them recently.

YMMV

Lots of folks have waited over a year for any service at all on an og grasshopper.
Quick turnaround repairs are great, but simply the fact that this is the first og repair we've heard about at all in a long, long time is the part that I think is newsworthy.

I think it's likely that, going forward, a repair to an og body will mean slipping in the (new) guts of an io but still calling it an og. It will only run about like an og (or somewhat better) because of backend. The last og repair I had was in mid 2019 and the heat up time improved to about 4 seconds; they were beginning to slip io parts into the og's.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I think it's likely that, going forward, a repair to an og body will mean slipping in the (new) guts of an io but still calling it an og.
This sounds plausible.... OR...
... after all the bad vibes, they have prepared some OG guts for warranty work.
Either way it is a move in a positive direction.

Last edited:

Tiny88

Deluxe420

What was wrong with your Hopper? Mine has been in since Nov. 2019. I got an update in Sept 2020 saying that "Your unit has arrived and is in the service department queue" - but getting it fixed was still going take another 90 days plus.

It was the red / blue flashing bug. Didn't work, made the little 3 tick sound like it was trying to heat up. I don't have any faith in the company in general. I received their first product worked for only 2 months. I've had my enano for as long as the grasshopper has been out. I hope I come out on top. I'll let you know.

@Hopper Labs
I sent in my Hopper for the same reason, flashing cop lights... I am perplexed as to why it only took a few weeks for your Hopper and 15 months for mine. I thought it was a queuing system.

Last edited:

Eespiajer

It was the red / blue flashing bug. Didn't work, made the little 3 tick sound like it was trying to heat up. I don't have any faith in the company in general. I received their first product worked for only 2 months. I've had my enano for as long as the grasshopper has been out. I hope I come out on top. I'll let you know.
@Tiny88 I live an hour away from hopperlabs. That might. Be why. And I've had my request open since 2018.

Last edited:

Eespiajer

Battery from ghb1 dead battery. I didn't get a report of what was wrong with it. If it was a dead battery at least replace it or call me and let me know what needs to be repaired. This company probably worse company to deal with. Focus V Carta replaced my unit and atomizer free of charge. 300$ unit. But hopper labs can't even. Go and help 2013 backer out xD

Tiny88

Deluxe420
DOA. Sent me back the same grasshopper. Not working.

Seriously? What a joke.

Their costumer service is severely lacking. When are they going to learn that creating long-term loyal customers is not just with product offerings but also with good customer service. Customers are usually pretty forgiving if you are transparent with them, no matter how bad the news is. Customers walk away when they don't feel valued. Hopper Labs really need a business consultant.

Last edited:

Choices

Well I went ahead and ordered two new batteries to try in my OG stainless. It still works okay but the intensity is starting slow a little quicker than it used to. I hope the batteries will do the trick!

Choices,
Reactions: Vitolo
Top Bottom