Discontinued The Grasshopper

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Hopper labs would have a valid reason not to honor warranty claims.
A very interesting and good point! Not jumping on this yet, not for that reason, but I’m not usually an early adopter and, as I said earlier, I’ve always leaned toward portability rather than being tethered. Not a big deal but my preference.

Gave the old pre order Ti a thorough cleaning last night - ISO, Blu Tack and air - and used my Dynavap mostly during its cleaning. Looking forward to firing up the Hopper again tonight. TGIF! :peace:

Last edited:

Hopper Labs

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
It is all good with us if people want to develop 3rd party stuff. We have encouraged more than a few people who have reached out to us over the years requesting specifics to aid in their development. Anyways, not a big deal, and we wish everyone the best. To be clear, we have zero intention of trying to stop or litigate against these types of mods.

More Updates:

The temporary space we are in had the power service upgrade completed last week. Now we have the necessary power available to get everything running. We have rebuilt damaged workbenches, and setup is coming along nicely.

Production of the heating units will start again by next week. We have some inventory, but having the line operating is essential to keep the supply flowing smoothly.

We should have the warranty system fully operational within two weeks. We are almost complete with the inventory of in-house warranty units. There will be options for these people and replacements for any units that were lost.

Last I thought I would drop in a little more info about the Hopper io ;) to get us back on a positive note. The device should likely have its own thread, so maybe someone wants to create that and compile info there.

Hopper io --- io = instant on
  • Zero heat-up time. Click it, and it is ready to use right away
  • Temp high end is now 430f/221c
  • Complete redesign of the backend (50% reduction in contact surfaces, gold plating on existing surfaces, black plastic molded into machined tick marks for better visibility, smoother dial action, increased battery contact pressure, and self-cleaning battery contact.)
  • Completely new internal heater topology allowing 65-watts of power, greater efficiency, cooler operation per-unit extraction.
  • Many many other changes which I will get into as we roll out more info online.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
It is all good with us if people want to develop 3rd party stuff. We have encouraged more than a few people who have reached out to us over the years requesting specifics to aid in their development. Anyways, not a big deal, and we wish everyone the best. To be clear, we have zero intention of trying to stop or litigate against these types of mods.

More Updates:

The temporary space we are in had the power service upgrade completed last week. Now we have the necessary power available to get everything running. We have rebuilt damaged workbenches, and setup is coming along nicely.

Production of the heating units will start again by next week. We have some inventory, but having the line operating is essential to keep the supply flowing smoothly.

We should have the warranty system fully operational within two weeks. We are almost complete with the inventory of in-house warranty units. There will be options for these people and replacements for any units that were lost.

Last I thought I would drop in a little more info about the Hopper io ;) to get us back on a positive note. The device should likely have its own thread, so maybe someone wants to create that and compile info there.

• Complete redesign of the backend (50% reduction in contact surfaces, gold plating on existing surfaces, black plastic molded into machined tick marks for better visibility, smoother dial action, increased battery contact pressure, and self-cleaning battery contact.)
  • Completely new internal heater topology allowing 65-watts of power, greater efficiency, cooler operation per-unit extraction.
  • Many many other changes which I will get into as we roll out more info online.
I'm lovin' it.
This sounds great, go get 'em fellas.
Options for folks with in house warranty requests....hmmm.
I'm waitng for a replacement body, don't know if that qualifies as an in-house warranty request...
Eventually I'm hoping to parlay maybe 2 old dodg-ey Hoppers into one IO.
Okay, io. As in e-i-e-i-o ;)

Terpenetime

That’s an admirable position to take, which can only benefit the community in the long term, thank you. :clap:

Baron23

More Updates:

Great reply.

Looking forward to io and ordering one.

Best of luck and keep persevering.

Old_muel

My newly repaired hoppers still chugging along, though still occasionally giving red lights & cutting me off midway through a toke, coupled with a new odd behaviour - upon activation when depressing the clicker, normally the red leds will light & heatup begins the instant the clicker reaches full depression, occasionally mines not coming on till after the clicker clicks back out, wierd, still works well enough for me to reach for most times but still a tad finicky & not perfect. Would be pretty sweet, & I'd guess beneficial for HL also (if it's reliable enough) if they offer some sort of trade-in option for existing owners to upgrade to the IO. Although I've bashed & shit-talked HL some in the past, this newfound transparency is definitely winning me over, great work guys!

mephisto

I think the true mark of a Hopper head requires a slight amount of shit talking/bashing. The guys
at HL have gotten us all hooked. We tend to get cranky when made to settle for something that is not
the Hopper. I left, came back, left, gave away 3 Hoppers, came back and bought 2 used Hoppers, and
ponied up for the IO. If Hopper Labs is not the epitome of resilience, then it does not exist. Even though
we get pissed off, we are all hoping for a massive return to market. Thanks for dealing with us! @Hopper Labs

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
14mm-glass-hydro-water-tool-tube-attachment-adapter-pipe-bong-hydrotube-smoking-mouthpiece-stem-nectar-collector-kit-oil-rig-vaporizer.jpg

This works great with hopper, 14mm & weed goes up not down.
Very thorough extraction.
I aslo use the PWT from sunshine.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/pinn...6|#pdyml-1-3|ff8080814cbcd66f014cca42f8896a87

Raf

The dude just asked what work-around was used for the back end. If anyone saw ulterior motives in that then trust me you're too f****** high

Ever hear of peer-to-peer learning or science? Advancements get made faster by sharing information

As a sober bastard, the initial question came across as transparent curiosity with just the slightest hint of maybe being impressed a little bit. Smh.

Last edited:

david8613

On max temperature how many hits do you normally get? By accident my hopper was at max temperature and I cashed the bowl in 2 massive glorious clouds. I could not believe it. Towards the end of the second hit I could taste the bowl was done. I tried a third no vapor. the avb was not charred, no green just perfectly vaped herb. How is this possible?

I also like this little glass cooling tip my brother gave me, believe it or not it helped alot with heat on lips at max temperature that's why I was a little confused with my setting. No heat on lips, hit on throat was a little smoother too compared to OEM tip.

Last edited:

MonkeyTime

On max temperature how many hits do you normally get? By accident my hopper was at max temperature and I cashed the bowl in 2 massive glorious clouds. I could not believe it. Towards the end of the second hit I could taste the bowl was done. I tried a third no vapor. the avb was not charred, no green just perfectly vaped herb. How is this possible?

It's simple, your Hopper is working properly :clap:

And for the record that's how I use it. Always at 5, done in a hit and a half.

Old_muel

The dude just asked what work-around was used for the back end. If anyone saw ulterior motives in that then trust me you're too f****** high

Ever hear of peer-to-peer learning or science? Advancements get made faster by sharing information

As a sober bastard, the initial question came across as transparent curiosity with just the slightest hint of maybe being impressed a little bit. Smh.
Yeah exactly what I was thinking too!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
There's a lot about these forums that requires diplomacy in dialog, plus excellent mods of course.

I've observed that people who run their own small business can develop a top level mistrust of, well, eventually anyone in their business sphere, though it begins with competitors.

We've simply observed a small sampling of that kinda sceptical mistrust, and when combined with gross inadequacies of internet communications in general (pointed out nicely by @Baron23) there was some friction. But not a lot, which is to the participants' credit.
The ganja is a great teacher of patience and may have played a roll in keeping this exchange fairly civil.
Peace, friends.

kilo

The ganja is a great teacher of patience and may have played a roll in keeping this exchange fairly civil.
That's why I never understood the belligerent attitude you sometimes see on the reddit Hopper sub. If I were that angry I think I'd wait until I cooled down a bit before posting rather than come across as a juvenile hothead.

david8613

So I'm still experimenting with the grasshopper, I'd like to get an idea of what temperature setting your at and how many average hits your getting.

What gets you more effects with the grasshopper temp stepping or max temp. It's crazy how fast this thing can blast through a bowl at max temperature.

I was gifted this awesome feeder/loader for the grasshopper from abracadaver, thanks buddy. Its absolutely awesome and works as advertised! Any other cool accessories for the grasshopper?

Watch "Grasshopper vape Feeder" on YouTube

Last edited:

Hammahead

I never understood the belligerent attitude you sometimes see on the reddit Hopper sub.
First of all, I'd reckon the average Reddit user is considerably younger, but more than that, fc.com especially excels in moderation. I've never seen a forum nearly as large as this, with such a strict and neutral moderation. I've been a user on many boards and I've been admin of a forum full of stoners with a couple hundred postings a day in its peak time, and none is or was like fc.com. Cudos to the administration here!

Vaporific

My fine point tweezers saved the day. My native frontend wasn’t screwing on all the way after cleaning it this weekend. And since I’ve been using my Hopper A LOT the frequent bruising between fills must’ve loosen it a bit. All is good as new again. My pre order Ti continues to shine after its RMA, simply amazing all over again. And I couldn’t wait to use it when I got home after work.

I was in a car accident today after work just outside of my office. I had just plugged in my Hopper to charge - and I had NOT partaken and was waiting to do so closer to or when I got to the gym - and two morons hit each other and one hit me. And I was stopped too. Luckily everyone was OK and I almost forgot I had the Hopper in one of the center cup holders in its wonderful leather case from Ratchett with the mag charger on it while the Hopper rests in the case - with a herb vial. I quickly threw everting in my bag as the cop arrived. It wouldn’t have been an issue but I didn’t want to deal with it and rather focused on the accident. But it goes to show I enjoy the mag charger again too for mobile reasons (my two Nitecores serve home duty).

Off to see the Wizard, er Hopper...:):peace:

Mr. Me2

My fine point tweezers saved the day. My native frontend wasn’t screwing on all the way after cleaning it this weekend. And since I’ve been using my Hopper A LOT the frequent bruising between fills must’ve loosen it a bit. All is good as new again. My pre order Ti continues to shine after its RMA, simply amazing all over again. And I couldn’t wait to use it when I got home after work.

I was in a car accident today after work just outside of my office. I had just plugged in my Hopper to charge - and I had NOT partaken and was waiting to do so closer to or when I got to the gym - and two morons hit each other and one hit me. And I was stopped too. Luckily everyone was OK and I almost forgot I had the Hopper in one of the center cup holders in its wonderful leather case from Ratchett with the mag charger on it while the Hopper rests in the case - with a herb vial. I quickly threw everting in my bag as the cop arrived. It wouldn’t have been an issue but I didn’t want to deal with it and rather focused on the accident. But it goes to show I enjoy the mag charger again too for mobile reasons (my two Nitecores serve home duty).

Off to see the Wizard, er Hopper...:):peace:
And glad you didn’t get hurt in the accident!

Vaporific

And glad you didn’t get hurt in the accident!
Thanks. I wasn’t even moving either. After the officer arrived and we surmised that all three cars needed to be towed, she told us to remove anything from our vehicles that we needed, so I unplugged my Hopper and threw it and the mag charger in my bag along with a few other car essentials. I forgot the cig lighter adapter though - doh! She didn’t peek into my car not that I had anything incriminating in plain site nor had I partaken at all yesterday at that point. I certainly did when I got home - love my Hopper all over again! It’s my daily driver and the one I use the most. It’s just too friggin easy and quick and it really packs a punch hitting harder than my other few vapes.

Happy holidays and Merry Christmas to all...:peace:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
All I want for Christmas is for THIS post to be the very first one on page 1000 of this epic, tremendously redundant thread.
Won't know til I hit "post reply"!

Merry Everything and Happy Always!

Edit
Oh well, I guess I should have had my glasses on...

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Happy Hopperdays .... er Hoppy Holidays? idk

anyway, just wanna be stupid and again ask here if anyone has heater pictures?

https://radvapereviews.wordpress.com/2015/06/15/grasshopper-production-review-and-resource/

This review here is super comprehensive, and has a picture of the heater supposedly: https://i0.wp.com/californiasea.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/grasshopper-heating-element.png

but it's clearly a dead link.

If anyone could help that'd be great!

Thank you. Hope everyone's new year is healthy and productive, and that we have some new 'hopper gear come April. :D

Vaporific

Quick question (and apologies if this was stated or answered already): will the new Hopper io have a lifetime warranty? I couldn’t find anything about this going back to the announcement of it with the 65w heater and before it was dubbed “io”. Just curious. :peace:

Top Bottom