• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Grasshopper

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I just ordered a new hopper a couple hours ago. It let me add spare batteries and check out.

Damn! What color did you get, and any accessories? I'm waiting to see if I can get a grey Ti Hopper and matching PFE still... the product page for the PFEs is quite confusing as to which colors are actually in stock and ready to ship.

I'm ready to drop the hammer but I wanna know what sales will be!

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Damn! What color did you get, and any accessories? I'm waiting to see if I can get a grey Ti Hopper and matching PFE still... the product page for the PFEs is quite confusing as to which colors are actually in stock and ready to ship.

I went with a standard ss model. A ss pfe and extra batts.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Same, probably gonna sit back for a minute and see if any sales come in the next couple weeks.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Just completed the battery and charger order, it was my old computer that did not load the payment processing info.....
I’ve had issues ordering with HL before. You’re not the only one.

So my batt #4 seems to be working now (a nice light sativa). Maybe I noted the wrong one or it really wasn’t charged. Or perhaps the Hopper flaked out (doubtful). But my Hopper is running well at the moment. It packs a punch! :) :peace:

Last edited:

slozukimc

Just a thought for ya......I like the SS PFE on my grey Hopper. It matches the SS band on the back end better than a Ti one.
Here is a pic. https://imgur.com/a/c2XyFtZ

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Just a thought for ya......I like the SS PFE on my grey Hopper. It matches the SS band on the back end better than a Ti one.
Here is a pic. https://imgur.com/a/c2XyFtZ

I think I'll go ahead and do this most likely. I'm traveling for the holidays next week and really thinking it'd be great to have a Hopper... Let's see if I'll be good before I leave

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
what the hopper does with 750mAh is unlike anything else by a good margin.
Imagine if it had 3000mah

I challenge anyone to show me another vape that fits in your pocket well and can come out, take a giant rip and go back in your pocket in 30 seconds or less
I have rosin, lots of it so my Boundless Terp Pen is for sneaky public use and is smaller and faster than any herb vape.

That is a beautiful looking vape, no 18650 fatties would look that good (the 18650 would stay home, hopefully, this is the secret HL is talking about)
No use squabbling over what would be better battery wise, just sell both and make everyone happy and get a lot more customers to boot.:myday:

MoltenTiger

^ I wanna say this is my experience as well and haven't noticed any variation between my four cells. But IME/IMO only, this device doesn't lend itself to data gathering very well, the grasshopper seems to actively discourage quantification. Regardless of how sternly I talk to myself beforehand, I somehow invariably lose track during the experiment and by the time I finally realise that I've screwed up my count, again, I don't even care. :haw:

EDIT: missing words! :smug:
I guess I’m more of a 4-8 tokes at 15-35s for 4x 0.12g chambers, but it isn’t exactly consistent and I don’t ever really think about it. As long as the task at hand is done and the effects aren't lacking, it really doesn't matter hey!

I spent a few days off the Sublimator and cannabis entirely a couple of weeks back, and afterwards enjoyed the last of some Skittles bud on a Friday night with the hopper. Ended up tripping out looking at some amazing Dreamtime indigenous art hanging in the place I was staying. Absolutely 10/10 time, and fittingly ft. bush medicine leaves by Selina Numina

bush_medicine_leaves_sel006_photo_s1.jpg

Flippin nuts and looking at this image dance around, one of many moments I was over the moon with the hopper. Properly ecstatic.

I did and it unfolded as such "it would do the same thing as the hopper we know already but last some small percentage longer, cost more, take longer to charge, offer on average less performance per hit due to available peak voltage and current draw, retain more heat, cause the device to be much greater in size and not ultra portable."

I don't know, I don't think 4x the capacity would be that great an improvement and fail to see why people are deciding that so adamantly. Plugging onto a 510 box mod with 12000mAh makes more sense than a fat hopper, but a dedicated device makes more sense than a 510 adapter. A high capacity LiPo would be interesting, but I am happy to not have to worry about blowing my head off (i.e exploding, I quite like blowing my mind). Regardless, a higher capacity would make it last longer, but as soon as it's used once it's lost some potential. LiPo is going to be dishing out the goods, an LG HG2 18650 is not.

20191113-184309.jpg

Here is a hopper with 3000mAh capacity held in the palm of my hand. I can better use 3000mAh between 4 cells because every time one is loaded I am pulling the maximum power draw available (and charging up the deplete cells). So that's 4 of the best potential hits compared to one per single high capacity cell... I never run out of power with this lot being in use for 541 days now.

IIRC they kinda claimed it would work this way to begin with via pass-thru charging; it was one of the reasons I was so excited about the Zen Pen originally cause I remember fantasizing about the idea of replacing my desktops and portables with a single device. One I could use plugged in at home, or grab on the way out the door.

Would definitely like to see this power adapter option, kinda surprised it's not already out to be honest but I guess they've had other issues to sort out first.
I think they were reasonably clear that the magnetic charger wasn't going to be pushing enough current to do proper pass-thru charging, the GH draws more power during use than it can receive with USB-A standards, but it's only powered on during use and not around the clock, like a lot of vapes. So using it this way, with a cell that comfortably blasts multiple chambers, is actually not too bad. But I have found I prefer to just remove the added cable and swap cells. I never really got used to the magnetic chargers, 2 of my 3 are the OG design and have been fairly neglected, the newer ring charger is a massive improvement, and although I keep it on hand I never really use it as it's just easier having the super cheap and quality Xtar MC2 and swapping cells. Especially with my typical usage and tolerance. If I wasn't such a fan of blasting big 0.2g Sub hits, I think the hopper would seem even more powerful to me, and I would struggle to deplete cells as easily as I do at the moment :)

Big things in the works are going to hopefully orient USB-C/USB 4 Power Delivery standards, which are still emerging for the most part.

My ultimate upgrades would be a small adapter that threads to the body allowing for threadless back-end and battery swapping. Or a redesigned back-end and wall-wart utilising modern PD standards and offering true pass-thru charging, as well as internal rapid charging.
Or I would like the GH cell to be in the form of a graphene super-conductor that redefines power storage density and always draws at a steady rate.

Other than that, I'm happy with my hoppers as is. Very happy.

Friendly reminder to all those who are getting multiple units, either from RMA eventual returns or with sales and the latest and greatest, buy yourself a claisen adapter and step up to the next level, dual wield.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I stopped reading when you said 3000mah will only last a small percentage more than 750.
OK, more to the point, a lot of people will not buy this vape with those batteries and I just hope the big news is an 18650 powered version.:2c:

LesPlenty,

MoltenTiger

I stopped reading when you said 3000mah will only last a small percentage more than 750.
OK, more to the point, a lot of people will not buy this vape with those batteries and I just hope the big news is an 18650 powered version.:2c:
well then, continue to be eluded. It's your loss.

I'm tempted to put my money where my mouth is and adapt an LG HG2 to the hopper using a dowel and rod. 18650 hopper, why do you want this? Peak draw rate is ideal. Once a cell is half deplete you get better performance out of a fresh one even though it will still continue to vaporise. Why extend that phenomena with the same tech in a bigger package that introduces actual use-case downsides that far exceed the small benefit :hmm::peace:

JCat

Accessory Maker
You know what would be a great addition to Hopper accessories, a short (3-6") charger cord; that could be paired with a portable USB power bank to recharge on the go in a bag or pocket (I've done this with the main charger cable and it coiled up and with a tie-wrap).

Really, a properly working Hopper that is reliable, and a good sized USB power bank, will get you through a lot of herb :)

slozukimc

I have rosin, lots of it so my Boundless Terp Pen is for sneaky public use and is smaller and faster than any herb vape.

That is a beautiful looking vape, no 18650 fatties would look that good (the 18650 would stay home, hopefully, this is the secret HL is talking about)
No use squabbling over what would be better battery wise, just sell both and make everyone happy and get a lot more customers to boot.:myday:

I guess I should have stated “dry herb vape”. The challenge still stands. Oil pens don’t apply.

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Big things in the works are going to hopefully orient USB-C/USB 4 Power Delivery standards, which are still emerging for the most part.

My ultimate upgrades would be a small adapter that threads to the body allowing for threadless back-end and battery swapping. Or a redesigned back-end and wall-wart utilising modern PD standards and offering true pass-thru charging, as well as internal rapid charging.

I would consider doing a small production run of these if there is enough interest. Our current design replaces the original back-end (and battery) completely so there is no pass-thru charging, but it lets you stay powered up at home.

MonkeyTime

I would consider doing a small production run of these if there is enough interest. Our current design replaces the original back-end (and battery) completely so there is no pass-thru charging, but it lets you stay powered up at home.

You could put me down for one or two I depending on cost I have multiple vape stations around the house that this would be great at.

Another use, do the store bought battery packs supply enough current to drive a Hopper? Probably not, but your back end with a USB connection would be a weekender!

slozukimc

I use my Hopper at home a lot. I would be interested if the price is fair.

edit: I have a Core power supply from Uptech. An adapter for that would be sweet if the Core is up to the task.

david8613

it would be cool if hopper made some type of capsule system like the storz & bickle. I use it with my mighty, plenty and volcano classic. keeps everything super clean, easy to pop in and out capsule when needed, keeps your avb even when on the go, and using the loading kit you can pre load 40 caps ahead of time, and super consistent results super easy. you can carry a bunch of capsules on hand, no mess, no grinding while one the go. love it.

kilo

Haven't visited FC in a while and man, it's good to be back! I've been through the Reddit wringer dealing with pissed off Hopper-haters. With luck their ranks should be thinning out steadily as Hopper Lab's service and reliability continues to improve. Some observations:

1. How many of you have filled your chamber — only to realize that you forgot to remove the PFE and have packed the mouthpiece with weed instead? I hate it when that happens!

2. I really like using a j-hook — the regular "Sherlock" type or the Lotus VaporScope — in order to keep an eye on the vapor production. I mean I can tell when I'm getting a good hit just from the feel of it but I really like the visuals.

3. Normally I leave the heat at 4½ but lately I've enjoyed laddering right up the scale, starting at 1½, then 2½, 3½, to 4½. I like the low settings for assessing the flavor and then I get a kick out of the increased vapor production at the higher temps. I average about six hits per chamber and I'll dial it up to 5 for my final hit.

4. Maintenance is just so easy. I always have an extra clean PFE on hand and can quickly swap out the old one, which goes into a shot glass with hot water and some PBW. Blue-Tak for the back end threads, compressed air for the chamber and the front end. I scrape the chamber between fill ups which keeps it pretty clean — every now and then a Q-tip and some 99% ISO if it looks a little sticky in there.

5. I'm using four batteries in rotation in a Nite-Core and battery life is fine, usually 2½ - 3 bowls.

6. Now that the harvest is trimmed, cured, and packed for storage I can begin consuming the 2019 Vintage and turning the remainder of the '18 crop into salves and balms. I'm seriously considering using a pressure cooker and pint canning jars to decarboxylize most my weed this year. I've read that the decarb effect when smoking or vaping isn't quite as thorough and efficient as using fully decarbed weed. I like the nutty taste of the processed weed and the canned product, stored in darkness, is very stable.

Happy vaping!

Top Bottom