• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Grasshopper

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Actually they are in stock at GHL but nearly at no retailer since months.

Because this is just one issue between GHL and retailers some of them don't want to offer GHs furthermore in the future as I've heard.

biohacker

Unfortunate about all the RMAs but I am very hopeful that it will eventually smooth out; if not for the lifetime warranty I don't know if I'd be in though (unless it was like a 5 to 10yr warranty anyways)

Give it a year or two and @biohacker will have one again ;)

Thanks bro, what many people here either don't know, or forget is that this isn't my first spin around the block with the GH. I too was very hopeful that it would eventually smooth out. People were saying they are improved, and better, and now awesome! I don't feel this way. I feel that it's a flakey device that doesn't work consistently, and it is starting to cause me more grief than bliss. It's the most unreliable vape I have ever owned in nearly 11 years of using vapes exclusively.

Maybe you're right, in a year or two i'll own another again. However, in a month or two if you have anymore RMA's, you may start to think differently.

btka

Thanks bro, what many people here either don't know, or forget is that this isn't my first spin around the block with the GH. I too was very hopeful that it would eventually smooth out. People were saying they are improved, and better, and now awesome! I don't feel this way. I feel that it's a flakey device that doesn't work consistently, and it is starting to cause me more grief than bliss. It's the most unreliable vape I have ever owned in nearly 11 years of using vapes exclusively.

Maybe you're right, in a year or two i'll own another again. However, in a month or two if you have anymore RMA's, you may start to think differently.

I am missing you already in this thread...

biohacker

Thanks bro! I'm still around, and will help where I can! I've received a couple of interesting PM's about HL developments, but think it's a little premature to discuss. But it has to do with more BS, that I hope people aren't falling for. And you know what other threads I most frequent!

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I've been holding off on filing another warranty claim for my SS with the stuck temp dial. It randomly got stuck somehow and I could only adjust the temp by taking off the backend, and it was very hard to adjust even then. Most mysteriously, the small gap at the bottom of the temp dial was gone.

The Grasshopper itself was still functioning really well and so I didn't want to send it in, plus I'm lazy so I haven't done anything about it. I was planning on contacting HL soon, but I just decided to have a go at fixing it. I didn't expect success honestly, but I'm happy to report that I actually solved the problem! I tried a few different things, this is what worked.

I removed the backend from the body. I pressed in the spring loaded battery contact as far as I could. Then, while keeping the contact pressed in, I repeatedly pressed the clicker. I would occasionally rotate/spin the clicker itself, when it was in both the on and off positions.

I did this for a minute, I was about to give up, and to my amazement, the temp dial popped back up and the gap was back. It seemed to be adjusting better but was still a little stiff. I put it back on the body, and while screwing it in the temp dial gap disappeared again and I couldn't adjust it. :hmm:

I repeated this process another time or two with the same results, the gap would reappear until I put the backend on the body, at which point I would be back to square one. I was starting to think it was hopeless.

With nothing to lose I decided to get more aggressive with rotating the clicker, even doing it while I was clicking. After a short time doing this I heard a little click and felt something move. I tested the temp dial and it was much smoother than it was after the previous "fixes". I placed it back on the body and to my surprise the gap remained and I was able to adjust the temp without removing the backend.

Who knows how long this fix will last. I'm picturing the backend popping open like a broken pen in the future. I hope that never happens, but to be honest my hopper's clickers have always felt a little spongy and wonky. I don't like how the clicker freely rotates either. I wish it felt more solid in that regard.

Mr.Sifter

Do you think the hopper is a success for HopperLabs ?
With all the quality issues and all.

Don't imagine them going out of business and no one left to fix them hoppers ...:|

Mr.Sifter,

btka

Do you think the hopper is a success for HopperLabs ?
With all the quality issues and all.

Don't imagine them going out of business and no one left to fix them hoppers ...:|

every answer to this can only be pure speculation... only hopper labs know...
but I hope they will stay in business... and I think they will... also in my opinion they will not have problems finding investors... they are really ahead regarding technology... look at arizer or pax or s&b I would say they are in the vaporizer market for a long time and they should have the funds for R&D... and their technology is more or less the same... some new gimmicks but at the end the heater technology did not improove really...
so I do not fear hopper labs will disappear... and wait for other vapes from HL they have the technology... maybe a hopper with 18650s or a desktop model with their heater technolgy I think they are miles a head...
if they searching for investors I would jump in... but as far as I know they are not...

BTW hope they will send my performance front end and batteries very soon... I did immidiately purchase on monday...

biohacker

Last edited:

Baron23

Are you guys getting good results with your battery? Would 4 batteries be enough if you were away all day and needed to medicate? It would depend on the person, what enough, would be like an hour of total use.
Hi Carol - I run with four batteries. One in the unit and three in the little pen case that I carry the GH in. Four seems to be a pretty good number for me and I have NEVER run out of battery power (but I'm not hitting my GH with an entire posse of Rastas on a beach in Jamaica! LOL).

With my original batteries, they degraded to where I was getting 2 loads out of a battery. I have had the GH for 9-10 months and, while the original batteries worked, I went ahead and bought four of the gen 2 batteries and am now getting 3-4 bowls per battery (cause they are new, IMO). So, new batteries, four batteries total, .1 gram per load, four batteries will support my vaping right about a gram and a half of herb. I don't know if that's helpful to you, at all.

Wrt to inserting the battery, I also keep my GH horizontal and slide the battery into its compartment rather than just letting it fall down the chute, so to speak. It just makes sense as there is no need to be less careful and gentle with your kit IMO.

Last edited:

disGRUNTled

Purple Elephant & Headband in the Grasshopper. Grind Mode Cyphers on Youtube another nice day in FL so in my usual outdoor spot. I don't know if I would call it a problem but last time I used the hopper it started just flashing red lights I tried turning it off/on but that did not work. Got scared like when I don't feel good and search on Web MD and then I swear I got cancer. Anyways I saw a vid that said its a battery issue , switched out the battery charged it working good as new right now.
RGljscJ.jpg

RRBA9EV.jpg

e6xj9JP.jpg

Baron23

Grind Mode Cyphers

Grind Mode Cyphers? The Sweet Sixteen in on, my man. You are da' sports fan of FC. Wha' cho' doing?

LOL

Just got done watching the Gonzaga vs W. Virginia game and it was down to the wire while vaping some Blue Dream and sipping a bit of Dalmore Scotch whiskey.

I'm not sure my heart can take too many more of these tightly fought games. I'm enjoying the NCAA tourney more this year than in quite a while.

Cheers

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Yesterday was a good day for me. First, I fixed the stuck temp dial on my stainless steel Grasshopper. Then, I found my official leather sleeve that I haven't seen in months! Life is good! :D

Here a comparison to the sleeve from Amazon, as you can see the official sleeve is a lot smaller yet doesn't offer as much protection:

rJRDssb.jpg

I think it's more stealthy too because it screams "pen", nobody is likely to give it much thought. The bottom sleeve looks like it might be hiding something that needs investigating.

MoltenTiger

I've been using my EQ the past couple of days, but last night I finished off with my hopper (which is taking ages to heat up, it's due for a service but I didn't make it to the post office before the weekend..)

Gotta say, the GHs signature, especially with some White Widow as fuel, is just sublime. Can't wait to finally get on the fixed hopper with PFE train!
The EQ makes big clouds but it just doesn't have the same effect

So, not that this will come as a surprise to anyone, but hopper labs totally fudged my order.

I ordered a glass vial and the PFE, but they forgot to add the PFE to the package. It was supposed to come in today and I would have had it all weekend. I reached out to them and they are going to send me another one..

MoltenTiger

So, not that this will come as a surprise to anyone, but hopper labs totally fudged my order.

I ordered a glass vial and the PFE, but they forgot to add the PFE to the package. It was supposed to come in today and I would have had it all weekend. I reached out to them and they are going to send me another one..
wow that sucks! :(
Hope you get it early in the week. At least your hopper is still working properly

GreenHopper

20 going on 60

Post liked in solidarity.

diddymao

aint no party like a diddy party
anyone know how long the PFE will take to get to the uk? ordered it on the 21st, ups tracking doesnt appear to be working

diddymao,

btka

anyone know how long the PFE will take to get to the uk? ordered it on the 21st, ups tracking doesnt appear to be working

may I ask you when did you order your pfe...

usps did oast 7 to 15 days from us to eu...

BTW did someone order pfe and batteries and already got their shipping confirmation...

I ordered on monday... think was one of the first who ordered the pfe...
do someone know if HL have batteries in stock... or are they again waiting to receive a new batch of batteries.. and lied on me -》 HL website said 2 to 3 days estimated shipping for batteries...

I hate waiting...waited one and more or less a half year for my hoppers.. hoped the waiting game is done..

Last edited:

diddymao

aint no party like a diddy party
ordered on the 21st ,had to message Caroline as had not got a confirmation or shipping email, she said it had been shipped already, ups is saying "order processed ready for ups" this makes me think the tracking is not working

and my hopper labs account is still saying "processing"

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom