Discontinued The Grasshopper

JoeMama

I have knocked it a few times from leaning up against my glass. So not much of a drop but it appears to be enough to break the magnet.

My own fault :(

Nonsense, my friend. If it falls the height of itself, and cracks anything, it was cracked already. That kind of thing can get past 'so-called' (and fuck I hate the expression now) QA if it's not something on the checklist. I think an operator or assembler dropped it before assembly was complete, and gave it something like a 5-second rule. I would return it, or at least call it to GHL's attention.
It is not your fault. A month ago I dropped mine more than once from chest height to a hardwood floor; once almost caught in mid-air but instead applied an inadvertent force to it that made it spin half-way across the room as it fell, hitting sideways and skittering another few feet.
After I finished flagellating myself I was relieved to find it still OK (and no cracks on that area by the way).

Now, don't be down, ya'll!

I have come once again to make everyone but newcomers nauseated by my repetition, repetition.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006OF2H2...=1486585964&sr=sr-1&keywords=leather+pen+case

The best leather sleeve. Actually I'd call it a Hopper Cozy. And if GHL makes them like these, then it'll be worth the wait. No wait, fuck that, it's not worth the wait. I bought this in July as I got tired of the wait.

shaolinmilk

It's been almost a month since I got this thing... vapor is definitely harsher than my other high end vapes, however the flavour profile rivals the best of em. Amazingly quick and thorough extraction. I just wished it was a little less harsh, but meh... for how small it is... this thing is amazing. I can't recommend it to people yet because of the numerous defects, however we'll see how it holds over time.

biohacker

This is something I can also say happens with one of my Hoppers. I used to think it could "only" be a matter of a temp dial twist (just once back and forth, even though the battery is in it), but methinks that the clicker is just as responsible for that connection. Yesterday my first draw (after priming) was anemic on T4.5; the blues were also flickering (it was a charged battery). I clicked it off, clicked it back on, and the blues were solid and got a decent cloud.

But this is the Hopper I'd sent in that came back as "nothing wrong with it". So I'm living with it and hope eventually it just fails or gets more obvious before I go through that mill.

I've started experiencing this with my OG SS now......so, i'm starting to think it may be the battery? What's your take?

@biohacker, calling me a whiner :mad: HA!

Man, I'm just sharing my own real life experiences, good or bad. I praised them plenty early on & have been just as critical when needed.

Credit where credit's due, fella :tup:

Dude, you completely misconstrued....where did I say that? I was reaching out for your support because I knew you had so many RMA's and I was just venting. Was looking for backup! lol All good, i've calmed the fuck down since then even though I have 3 presently in RMA.

Can't believe the ship time is basically down to a week now! Fuck paying premiums at Toronto Hemp Company and other retailers. WTF do they think they are charging double for the battery anyway?

And how is it possible to purchase accessories and have them shipped with your returned RMA hoppers?

btka

It's been almost a month since I got this thing... vapor is definitely harsher than my other high end vapes, however the flavour profile rivals the best of em. Amazingly quick and thorough extraction. I just wished it was a little less harsh, but meh... for how small it is... this thing is amazing. I can't recommend it to people yet because of the numerous defects, however we'll see how it holds over time.

can you compare the gh and sticky brick... because I would like to buy a vape which I can use without electricity (it is always good to have a vape when there is no elecrticity) so I am interested especially in vapor quality (e.g, big clouds, taste...) and efficiency leaning how muchbcloudsmcan you pull out of a certain amount ofnherb (e.g. 3 clouds out of 0.05g..)...compared to gh..

btka,

JoeMama

I've started experiencing this with my OG SS now......so, i'm starting to think it may be the battery? What's your take?

I would recommend, for the sake of getting the battery exonerated from any part of the issue, to take a known healthy battery and, before you make any "test", be sure it is fully topped off on a charge.

AND, be sure you're material has been primed by a first hit, enough to release the terpines, etc.
If I could invent a substance that would be considered a "standard dry herb" material that produced a predictable cloud at a certain Temp, it would be easier to evaluate. Herb is a major variable.

Anyway, in my case, it was not and is not the battery, since the same battery on a second click or dial twist/click delivers a greater cloud than the prior hit. Just now I took a second hit off of a freshly-primed chamber on T4 and got a 'quiet' (faint-clicking) red to blue, with a rather low cloud output. I then put it on T3.8 (down!), and got a LOUD clicking red to blue, and got knocked on my ass in an even less-lengthy draw.

But I just can't put myself through a warranty nightmare only because I don't want this thing back a second time for no repair.

So the moral of my story is... What was the question?

(Disclaimer, I stopped work early today and I'm quite baked at the moment).

hinglemccringleberry

I've used mine in the airplane bathroom, a less fun twist on mile high club
So many questions, lol. How did you get on a commercial flight with weed? Wasn't it on your breath for a few minutes after you left the bathroom? Did you have a smokebuddy device for the smell? Does the GH smell when you turn it on? I once took a single low temp hit off my Alfa in the bathroom at a fast food restaurant, immediately put it back in its smell proof thermos, and as soon as I opened the door the stench of weed rushed out of the room. My GF smelled it the moment the door opened and she was standing 10 feet away. I just don't understand how you pulled that off without getting off the plane in handcuffs.

Last edited:

ArthurJ

I'm with @JoeMama on the leather sleeve from Amazon, I got one too, probably on his recommendation.
Just dont put it in mouth piece if you have the silicone cover on. I did that and the silicone piece came off in the sleeve and was a bitch to get out.
But it IS a nice sleeve.
I may just get another.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
So many questions, lol. How did you get on a commercial flight with weed? Wasn't it on your breath for a few minutes after you left the bathroom? Did you have a smokebuddy device for the smell? Does the GH smell when you turn it on? I once took a single low temp hit off my Alfa in the bathroom at a fast food restaurant, immediately put it back in its smell proof thermos, and as soon as I opened the door the stench of weed rushed out of the room. My GF smelled it the moment the door opened and she was standing 10 feet away. I just don't understand how you pulled that off without getting off the plane in handcuffs.
Yeah, we DEFINITELY need more details on this story.

duff

Well worn
can you compare the gh and sticky brick

I can't speak highly enough of my Sticky Brick Junior.
Taste on my cedar one is insane with a very slight cedar flavor that is delicious.

It is the vape I think about if my mind starts wandering.

The clouds are as big as you want them and the technique is very satisfying.

The only area where it doesn't beat the hopper is stealth.

ChooChooCharlie

I think I need help

g6Kautr.jpg

JoeMama

Yeah, we DEFINITELY need more details on this story.

I remember George Carlin said that the suction in the sink drain (at least back then) was so strong... "I lost ideas in that sink", he'd exclaim. :rofl:
Maybe exhale into the sink drain... Otherwise I know it doesn't smell much on my person when I use the Hopper. I asked friends to sniff me one evening when I'd met up with them after having hopped for an entire day indoors. They said they smelled nothing. But sure, the vapor leaves an aroma - but nothing like conduction vaping, that shit you can smell across a room.

I think I need help

g6Kautr.jpg

YES!! Jeez I had a braingasm here... This is the reason that I'd asked about putting holes in the base; but you.. YOU brought modern technology in the form of sticky tape! Cancel the need for holes.

The MAJOR point about this is, placing a just-used hopper in the upside-down position will make gravity the Hopper's enemy with resins migrating towards the heater.

Bravo, sir! :clap:

Gramin

Nonsense, my friend. If it falls the height of itself, and cracks anything, it was cracked already.

You're right. Soon as I got it I took pictures of the backend before I ever used it. That's how I found the metal shaving still wedged into the threading.

Just spotted the crack in my pictures so I know I didn't cause it :)

Cracked magnet and dodgy metal shavings woo!

MoltenTiger

Brew_Guide-Chemex-Grid.jpg
Is there a bubbler available which does not scream paraphernalia? Or even something that would not look out of place next to all my coffee gear starring my Chemex.
I think the Magic Flight range would be worth looking at
http://sales.magic-flight.com/ufo-unnamed-filtration-object/

Beyond that I would consider an artisan coloured glass piece. Check out the glass section of FC, there should be a few ideas kicking about

vapviking

Old & In the Way
And how is it possible to purchase accessories and have them shipped with your returned RMA hoppers?
While your pieces are in for service, in a warranty dialog box communicate that you'd like to purchase accessories and hopefully add them to your piece's return, so you might save on shipping.
When I did this, Caroline instructed me on placing an order*, on which she then unlocked "free shipping" option. I wrote back to her when my order was complete/paid and she then shipped that order along with my hopper return.
This does seem a good workaround for international customers especially.

*Mine was an oddball, since I had created an order just the week before -- for one of the imminent leather sleeves. It was a goof; I had asked them (in the orders comments) to ship that with the one they owed me...
So, the order I had in house was the one Caroline activated 'free shipping' on. I deleted the sleeve, added some condoms and batteries and it all worked out. I actually got 5 batteries during the 'Great Battery Drought" of Nov. '16. I think maybe they gave priority to in-house warranty peeps?

MoltenTiger

It depends on what you add to your order and where you are regarding coupling items with warranty shipments.

I had to pay extra when I got batteries, but it was less than the normal shipping price.

Just email Caroline and she will let you know what options they can arrive at

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
I've just ordered some bats and condoms at GHL. Asked for the leather sleeve. Caroline only has replied - after 3 days - that its not in stock atm and they dont know when it will be. I asked her 4 days ago, how to announce a shipment date in Feb w/o knowing when this item will be in stock but I would wait if delivery will come just in time.
Got no answer - thank you very much Caroline!
What a freaky thing to announce a shipping date w/o knowing when having articles in stock!?

Because my personal american courier service will leave the States on 02/24 I had to order my bats immediately fearing otherwise they will not be delivered in time.
First direct contact to GHL and not being amused...

I love my hopper - not its shortcomings - but all these shitty ongoing cs behavior - dont mean Caroline personally but its company police of communication - and growing pains of GHL which here are well documented over hundreds of pages arent acceptable any more IMO.

EDIT: Is payment by PayPal really the only way to pay an order?? No Credt Cards??

Last edited:
Top Bottom