Discontinued The Grasshopper

Baron23

VDN had to prepay the whole last order for many thousands of bucks in Nov. 16 and got their delivery mid of this year (!).

Oh, good...so they are as unresponsive to their retailers as they are to us. Good to know. sigh

Baron23,
Reactions: Hogni

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Unresponsive? Why that? If you ask them for relibailty they tell you their true experiences. They have them and they sell them if you want one. So long they have them in stock they change your damaged hopper themselves.

Hogni,

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
I have been using 18650 batteries in my e-cig for over 7 years now. Nothing even close to a problem when you buy good batteries and use a good charger.

Also not leaving the thing on the dashboard off a car on a sunny day :rolleyes:

Hjalmark,

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Just so you guys know Caroline is offering a prepaid label for warranty returns now. My back end is getting really hot and I submitted a claim but I think I'll wait until people are posting about getting them back before I send it in.

Cheesequake,
Reactions: JCat

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Thanks for clarification! It was indeed my misunderstanding which I recognized by the last post of @Mr.Sifter

Yep, as I've said in the past this behaviour tells a lot about GHL - but still love their product!

JoeMama

Just trying to catch up on The State of GHL these days; I don't get much time to sit in with you folk like the old times ;)

In the past two months I'd happened upon two friends that were ready to upgrade from their current modes of vaping/smoking, and they are set on getting Hoppers. In fact, one of them by now has already placed his order.

Obviously, they're choice is informed, as I'd given them all the backstories, problems, etc, surrounding the rollout of the Hopper. So they have "fair warning".

Since I've been out of the regular loop on our beloved forum here, and having browsed a bunch of pages recently: Is there a sense of dread or anything out there about the State of GHL?
Seems they're still making excuses for things like repair turn-arounds, and that there are still new product delivered DOA?? Stuff that I would have hoped by now there'd be a minimum noise-level on negative chatter...

'Course, I'm not looking for individual heartache stories (I'm sure those who have had negative experiences have already typed their fingers raw on here... But... if there are any regulars here that think they have a good albeit informal sense of GHL's customer satisfaction rating, I'd love to hear!

And hey, @disGRUNTled , I got that GRAV 7" bubbler today! It's perfect! I love how the PFE fits so perfectly in there, too. So thanks again for pointing me to them!

MonkeyTime

Just so you guys know Caroline is offering a prepaid label for warranty returns now. My back end is getting really hot and I submitted a claim but I think I'll wait until people are posting about getting them back before I send it in.

I think this is the same scenario outs always been, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Just sent in my Ti after less than a month after its last trip in, no free shipping, and I asked. A month ago she sent me a label without asking.........

Just trying to catch up on The State of GHL these days; I don't get much time to sit in with you folk like the old times ;)

In the past two months I'd happened upon two friends that were ready to upgrade from their current modes of vaping/smoking, and they are set on getting Hoppers. In fact, one of them by now has already placed his order.

Obviously, they're choice is informed, as I'd given them all the backstories, problems, etc, surrounding the rollout of the Hopper. So they have "fair warning".

Since I've been out of the regular loop on our beloved forum here, and having browsed a bunch of pages recently: Is there a sense of dread or anything out there about the State of GHL?
Seems they're still making excuses for things like repair turn-arounds, and that there are still new product delivered DOA?? Stuff that I would have hoped by now there'd be a minimum noise-level on negative chatter...

'Course, I'm not looking for individual heartache stories (I'm sure those who have had negative experiences have already typed their fingers raw on here... But... if there are any regulars here that think they have a good albeit informal sense of GHL's customer satisfaction rating, I'd love to hear!

And hey, @disGRUNTled , I got that GRAV 7" bubbler today! It's perfect! I love how the PFE fits so perfectly in there, too. So thanks again for pointing me to them!

Also got one and like it, but it can get chuggy fast with a couple extra drops of water. Perfect for small vapes with open airflow like the night and Tubo/X. She's a keeper!

JCat

Accessory Maker
Oh weird. I had to send my old one in a few times and never got a label.
>$200 spent on return warranty shipment to-date, and never received a prepaid shipping label or anything at all to make up for the monthly returns or so.

Dealing with a distributor out of Southern Ontario to get it repaired now, since they are helping me out, of their own accord just to be nice and helpful, and that is working well so far (except that I still don't have a working SS hopper and my Ti one is starting to act up too). They offered to pay shipping, unlike HL, but CP was a day late delivering it anyways so they refunded my shipping costs :)

(FYI-Anyone shipping Xpress Post or Expedited here in Canada, if you watch the tracking and it arrives past the Delivery Standard date, spend the 2 minutes filling out the online form and you'll get a cheque in the mail ... I do this whenever they are late, which for my location, is probably at least 1 out of 5 times I send something within Ontario)

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I'm probably way late on this but I just found out the batteries are only supposed to last 100-200 charge cycles...that seems extremely low. The four I got with my used unit all need replacing I'm pretty sure.

Source: trouble shooting infographic on ghvape.com

C4Ox8at.jpg

Last edited:
Cheesequake,
Reactions: Hjalmark

huk_huk

probably just an average including bad handled batteries because all of mine, even the the GHB 1, still can vape more than a bowl and probably have 200+ cycles

still hoppin, lately I don't even bother to plug in my desktop vape but also low tolerance atm so two chambers at the evening are all I need

MoltenTiger

I'm probably way late on this but I just found out the batteries are only supposed to last 100-200 charge cycles...that seems extremely low. The four I got with my used unit all need replacing I'm pretty sure.

Source: trouble shooting infographic on ghvape.com

C4Ox8at.jpg
Their FAQ section on the site says:

How long do the batteries work (hold a charge) with daily use before it's time to order more?

The Hopper battery will last between 150-250 cycles depending on operating conditions. Batteries degrade on a spectrum over time. You will lose a little capacity each time until the battery becomes unusable. It is mostly up to the user to decide when they need a new battery. We have kept the battery price low from day one to encourage users to keep spares and replace worn cells. Remember that a battery's performance will suffer in colder temperatures. For more info on batteries see our full Hopper Battery post here.
As they're such small capacity and with Li-ion chemistry, they are relatively easy to fatigue.
I'm pretty sure the 150-250 figure arrived with the newer GHB2. If you have old batteries, especially if they're older than 6 months with frequent charges, new batteries should make a noticeable difference in performance.

MoltenTiger,
Reactions: Hjalmark
Top Bottom