Discontinued The Grasshopper

EdE80

I had to email HL about getting my batteries shipped about a week after I ordered them. They shipped them out the next day though

EdE80,

djchexxx

Sorry, I know this is probably in the past 3000 posts but is this charger good for the GHL batteries? https://www.amazon.ca/JETBeam-Intel...s/B005UAI372/ref=dpx_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1
I used to have one and it works great. Right now Im using the nitecore d2 (just checked and its almost the same price as the i4) for the digital read out. I like being able to see all the info during charging. They also have the d4 but its almost twice the price as the i4 at amazon.ca

djchexxx,

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
It seems that there are fewer posts concerning malfunctioning hoppers lately. production is up and problems are down. If you are still waiting , it is a great vape ! My two Ti units are used daily with no issues. As far a battery life, it's not that I wouldn't want them to last longer, but hey, I have to charge my phone and watch everyday. changing the batteries only takes a few seconds and they are easy to carry if you need to go out. personally I never intended for this to be a session vape anyway.

Lahey

Cruisin'
Great to see some 2016 pre-order confirmations. I sincerely hope you all get your Hoppers very soon!

I've had mine for one week now, and it's doing great. I haven't been able to put it down, and have been way over medicated, in part because I am eager to put it through its paces and convince myself that it is dependable, and in part because it is so fun to use. I still get all giddy just holding it. I feel like James Bond when I carry it around places. The "on-demand" part, and the size, are what really blow me away. It's so liberating. It will change your relationship with cannabis. The future is awesome.

Clouds are amazing, milks my tube in a hurry for a one and done. However I am also among the people who enjoy using it dry. As long as I let it cool for a moment every few hits, I find the temperature of the vapor and mouthpiece more than tolerable. No hot back-end issues for me. I have intuited my own technique and don't feel a need for the silicon tip when using dry. The flavor is awesome. When I look at the size of it I still can't compute that it is pure convection.

So far I have best results with a slightly finer grind than I was using with my Mighty, and a loose load like other pure convection vapes. It is not that temperamental though - it will still give good results with a whole bud or if you over pack it, or micro load. The speed and power of this thing are staggering to me. I mainly use it around 4 on the temp dial and get perfect ABV. Loose load allows for more even ABV, and instead of stirring you can just sort of shake/flick it and the material redistributes.

I got mine from VF with one spare battery. So far having two batteries has been adequate for my semi-heavy usage, mainly at home. I have been just rotating them and keeping one on my Nitecore D4, by the time I need it its ready to go.

I had forgotten that I ordered 2 spare batteries from GH way back when I pre-ordered, so I emailed Caroline today and they are going to ship my spares out, so I will soon have 4 batteries, and a 5th when my Ti pre-order eventually ships. Life is good!

lscYNLw.jpg

jojo0420

Cloud Chaser
Great to see some 2016 pre-order confirmations. I sincerely hope you all get your Hoppers very soon!

I've had mine for one week now, and it's doing great. I haven't been able to put it down, and have been way over medicated, in part because I am eager to put it through its paces and convince myself that it is dependable, and in part because it is so fun to use. I still get all giddy just holding it. I feel like James Bond when I carry it around places. The "on-demand" part, and the size, are what really blow me away. It's so liberating. It will change your relationship with cannabis. The future is awesome.

Clouds are amazing, milks my tube in a hurry for a one and done. However I am also among the people who enjoy using it dry. As long as I let it cool for a moment every few hits, I find the temperature of the vapor and mouthpiece more than tolerable. No hot back-end issues for me. I have intuited my own technique and don't feel a need for the silicon tip when using dry. The flavor is awesome. When I look at the size of it I still can't compute that it is pure convection.

So far I have best results with a slightly finer grind than I was using with my Mighty, and a loose load like other pure convection vapes. It is not that temperamental though - it will still give good results with a whole bud or if you over pack it, or micro load. The speed and power of this thing are staggering to me. I mainly use it around 4 on the temp dial and get perfect ABV. Loose load allows for more even ABV, and instead of stirring you can just sort of shake/flick it and the material redistributes.

I got mine from VF with one spare battery. So far having two batteries has been adequate for my semi-heavy usage, mainly at home. I have been just rotating them and keeping one on my Nitecore D4, by the time I need it its ready to go.

I had forgotten that I ordered 2 spare batteries from GH way back when I pre-ordered, so I emailed Caroline today and they are going to ship my spares out, so I will soon have 4 batteries, and a 5th when my Ti pre-order eventually ships. Life is good!

lscYNLw.jpg
That's a nice setup you have there!
Great review.

hi_there

How do you match your serial number on the GH to the box?

Also my dial on a SS GH does not click, it slides smooth but there is no clicking like it says in the manual.

Curious, the box was not sealed and the battery has been charging for about 20 minutes and is still not blue. It does not look like the unit was used.

Edit: Just noticed it said tick not click.

Last edited:
hi_there,

hi_there

computer, maybe I will try the wall. The charger does not always start, I was getting the one set of flashing red then nothing.

update: Ok, it is flashing blue now after just a few minutes. So I guess the magnetic charger was not seated well. I have a nitecore coming and some extra batteries, so I guess it will be easier to charge that way.

Last edited:

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Just stopping in to say no problems so far. Vapefiend batch ti. Had it for a few weeks. Not skipped a beat.

I only use it out and about so it doesnt get abused but is used daily. Rarely past 4 on the heater.

Its true if you have one working in your pocket you are less inclined to come and post over here. So I thought i would take a few seconds.

Any questions just ask.

Peas

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I had a strange occurrence with one of my hoppers lately. after clicking it to the on position the lights started flashing red. the battery was fully charged but i tried a different one just in case. same results. then I pressed the clicker partially which turns on the power and gave me solid red lights, without releasing I fully depressed the clicker and got the usual blue ready lights. I'm not sure why this problem has occurred , but if it is bypassed simply by slowly pressing or hesitating before fully clicking the unit on then I'm not concerned yet.

EdE80

I had a strange occurrence with one of my hoppers lately. after clicking it to the on position the lights started flashing red. the battery was fully charged but i tried a different one just in case. same results. then I pressed the clicker partially which turns on the power and gave me solid red lights, without releasing I fully depressed the clicker and got the usual blue ready lights. I'm not sure why this problem has occurred , but if it is bypassed simply by slowly pressing or hesitating before fully clicking the unit on then I'm not concerned yet.

That happens to mine once in a while if I don't depress the clicker all the way sometimes. I think it's just the partial connection or something along those lines. I just reclick it and it's good to go. Never had any other issues, and if you think about it, this is just an operator error anyway.

Edit: I read your comment again and it seems that what you find as the solution to the problem, I actually equate to the cause of mine. It's the slow or partial click that seems to make mine flash, but a regular click to off and back to on gets mine going again.

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
initially i tried to click mine off and on several times hoping it would resolve itself it was a poor connection but that didn't work. it was luck that I tried pushing the button partially just to see if I had power. hopefully this helps someone else.

vapor.man

I also have this red flashing light sometimes. I only click it through for the first 2 hits or if I use it with the water tool at home. When I'm out and about I use it for stealth single hits. This is when I press the clicker just partially to switch it on.
I think I got the red flashing light both ways. More often when I press it partially but that's the way I use my hopper most of the time. With the second attempt it always worked.

vapor.man,

Kasish

WzYXvcM.jpg

So ive been Using this mouthpiece for a while now, and ive got some pms since my original post. So ive been wondering if u guys want me to make them and sell them on ebay or something. If so ill send my gf to make a bunch :-). (can be made more pleasing to the eye as the guy who made them makes some amazing things).

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
WzYXvcM.jpg

So ive been Using this mouthpiece for a while now, and ive got some pms since my original post. So ive been wondering if u guys want me to make them and sell them on ebay or something. If so ill send my gf to make a bunch :-). (can be made more pleasing to the eye as the guy who made them makes some amazing things).

Hell yeah, put me down.
That's a nice simple and good looking solution.
I think you'd sell a bucket-load long as they're reasonably affordable.
No one else is offering anything similar either.
Go for it :science:

Skored

WzYXvcM.jpg

I'd be interested in one also. I'd also be interested in a similar length straw, but at 6.5 mm wide to fit inside the silicone tip.

While I like using the GH natively, an extension cools off the vapor quite a bit - really nice for home use.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
WzYXvcM.jpg

I'd be interested as well. In both your mp and the straw to fit into the silicon mouthpiece.

Top Bottom