• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Grasshopper

vapor.man

I couldn't wait for my TI-preorder so I decided to buy a SS-hopper at Vapefiend. It landed this week and I'm blown away. This beast extracts so fast and gets me on another level. And this can also be done in public, for me that's a real game changer.

This is my first convection vape so maybe thats a difference, but I was so satisfied with the GH that I haven't even found the time to write a short feedback here. If I had a problem I would have asked for help or posted it within the next day...

Till now it feels like a solid vape which is worth the long wait. I'm looking forward to the TI and wonder how it feels compared to the SS version.

You guys at GHL really did a great job! Thank you!!!:clap::rockon:

Vaperist

Your statement regarding women is sexist and offensive and thereby against our Be Nice rule. Warning point issued.
this is why woman shouldn't do a vaporizer reviews. i mean- no technical information. no usage tips are given. no cons and pros. no nothing :)

even didn't show how she filled it up.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
I haven't used a Mighty / Crafty but I get the sense that the GH is more of a "manual" type of vaporizer whereas those models are "automatic". Draw speed, size of the bowl pack, grind, etc all make a huge difference in the actual temps you get with the GH.

For instance, if I just load a tiny pinch into my GH, I have to inhale a lot more slowly than I would if I had a larger pack in there where the draw would become naturally more restricted from the increased amount of material in the chamber. Otherwise, I only get tiny wisps of vapor.

Like you, I can also get clouds on the lowest setting if I inhale very slowly.

Btw, I got my Ti back from Hopper Labs and so far so good! My backend seems to attach to the body properly now without having to force it so there's no gap. The ticking sound when the Hopper is on is significantly louder with this one though. Hoping that's normal and not a sign of impending doom haha.
Yeah it makes sense to have to draw slowly with less material, because when you inhale the material gets pulled to the mouthpiece away from the heater. If you pull slow you allow the material to be closer to the heater. Also, on my Ti it will produce vapor at the lower setting without me trying to "baby" it to produce vapor. It starts producing vapor right away and its non dependent on how I draw. With the SS I have to draw slow like you mentioned for it to produce vapor at the lower temperatures.

pushpaw

Definitely tried that. Multiple times. On multiple batteries. Never was able to get it to shut off by clicking the button. Non stop solid or red flashing light if there was a battery inside.

This sounds like exactly the problem I was having. it was 'on' if a battery was in it. Clicking the button just made the lights freak out (like both blue and red flashing at the same time, or other unpredictable behavior.) I didn't think to try turning the button, but it is too late now as it is in transit to Hopper Labs. Strange how I couldn't find any other posts anywhere talking about this issue, but we both had it in the span of a week. Do you know if yours the older backend or the newer? (Pretty sure mine had the older, based on how the clip part looked.)

I wish I would have tried turning the thing like you did, as I miss having it around.

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
Btw, I got my Ti back from Hopper Labs and so far so good! My backend seems to attach to the body properly now without having to force it so there's no gap. The ticking sound when the Hopper is on is significantly louder with this one though. Hoping that's normal and not a sign of impending doom haha.

I've noticed that my clicking varies, I have taken it to be sort of like the LED lights - varies based on the power it's getting.

Averyminya,

Mixio

TheVaporOne
I couldn't wait for my TI-preorder so I decided to buy a SS-hopper at Vapefiend. It landed this week and I'm blown away. This beast extracts so fast and gets me on another level. And this can also be done in public, for me that's a real game changer.

This is my first convection vape so maybe thats a difference, but I was so satisfied with the GH that I haven't even found the time to write a short feedback here. If I had a problem I would have asked for help or posted it within the next day...

Till now it feels like a solid vape which is worth the long wait. I'm looking forward to the TI and wonder how it feels compared to the SS version.

You guys at GHL really did a great job! Thank you!!!:clap::rockon:
Idem :rockon:

Mixio,

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
This sounds like exactly the problem I was having. it was 'on' if a battery was in it. Clicking the button just made the lights freak out (like both blue and red flashing at the same time, or other unpredictable behavior.) I didn't think to try turning the button, but it is too late now as it is in transit to Hopper Labs. Strange how I couldn't find any other posts anywhere talking about this issue, but we both had it in the span of a week. Do you know if yours the older backend or the newer? (Pretty sure mine had the older, based on how the clip part looked.)

I wish I would have tried turning the thing like you did, as I miss having it around.

I am not too sure about how old my back end is. I am in the late 13XX serial # range. Any idea if yours was close to mine in SN? I was an Indigogo backer though if that helps. Anyone have a shot of the new back-end/clip design?.

Yeah I definitely wanted to post that fix up ASAP just in case anyone was having similar issues. I hope they get yours back to you soon brother.

Last edited:
SlinginPaint,
Reactions: pushpaw

pushpaw

I am not too sure about how old my back end is. I am in the late 13XX serial # range. Any idea if yours was close to mine in SN? I was an Indigogo backer though if that helps. Anyone have a shot of the new back-end/clip design?.

Yeah I definitely wanted to post that fix up ASAP just in case anyone was having similar issues. I hope they get yours back to you soon brother.

I was a backer as well, and mine is in the 6XX serial range. I think that the older backends have a visible seam where the band comes around to the clip, and the newer ones don't. I am pretty sure that there were posts in this thread about it with pics but it was a while back.

pushpaw,

MoltenTiger

My Vapefiend GT1159 has the new version of the backend. It's a solid ring as compared to the older sectioned design with seams either side of the temp indicator / clip.

It still gets hot though, however I have been using it without turning it off between hits at 5, so it's generating the maximum amount of heat. It has overheated (red/blue flash) a few times but at that point it's gone through a couple of bowls or so and it is hot to hold (not uncomfortable if you limit grip to the body / battery area). If you open it and take the battery out after it has overheated, the battery doesn't get too hot. Definitely warm but it doesn't seem to be enough to worry about.

I'm looking forward to receiving my pre-order so I can get reference to the state my current one is in.
It does seem to have slight fluctuation in its responses, but it's performance is usually pretty similar. It definitely performs best when it has heated up, but this happens usually within the first hit anyway. The pic I posted above was the second hit from that bowl. The first hit was 20s and that pic was halfway through the next which was 15s. I hit it a couple of times after and cached it when the vapour was minimal.
It's a 44cm 50mL tube and it's pretty impressive how milky it gets, I think it works better with the GH attached to it over the EQ desktop.

Gandalf

Is the back end still hot? Ive been Using my hopper for 2 months now. other than the back End getting pretty damn hot Its preforming perfectly. But if the newer backends arent hot anymore ill send it in for warranty..

Edit.
This is for gandalf..

My back end usually stays cool but I only take 1-2 hits at a time. Not sure if that would still be the case if I hit it multiple times in a row.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
My back end usually stays cool but I only take 1-2 hits at a time. Not sure if that would still be the case if I hit it multiple times in a row.
Same here but I do it back to back more than 1-2 hits. I havent felt the backend get hot on my Ti ever, well one time I tried using it without clicking it on completely and felt it got warm.

Wavy

Thought id check in here.......
I got my Ti GH from Vapefiend a little over a month ago.
I have read this thread thoroughly and have been unable to successfully use this vape without water filtration.
The vapor is just too damn hot.. I have tried it on as low as 2.5 (more bearable, almost no visible vapor), 3.5 is where i found the best balance between heat and vapor, but anything after the first pull is like breathing in fire.
IS anyone out there satisfied with using this device dry??
Also, any suggestions that could help alleviate this would be amazing

Edit: I understand that the major appeal to this device is its super fast heat up time and stealthy aesthetics but frankly id rather wait the extra 85 seconds for my mighty to reach temp because the vapor is silky smooth and cool AF.
But those are 90 seconds you will be missing so many yummy goodies for you as it heats up

Update on my broken Hopper:

Caroline emailed me back yesterday just to tell me to resubmit my warranty request via the Warranty Request form on the site with my serial number and box ID number. Even though I emailed all of the pertinent information directly to support, apparently this information could not be simply forwarded to the warranty people, so I had to copy and paste the exact same email I sent out originally and just submit it via the website form.

I did this within 2 minutes of getting Caroline's email, and now I'm in the waiting phase again... Hopefully I hear something back today.
Don't feel bad I went threw the same thing for both of my warranty claims but so far my hopper has been working perfectly fine no problems.

@MoltenTiger How do you put keif in this thing? I have not gotten mine, but from what I read so far the grind of bud should not be too fine or else it would fall through the holes which acts like a screen. Unless you have a sandwich of bud and keif
I've honestly just hit pure kief inside my hopper no sandwich needed and my hopper is still running fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

MoltenTiger

Since owning a hopper I have been blasting it daily, or at least every chance I get. Overall too much! (Or not enough)...
The GH has become the only way I use cannabis now and I'm pretty stoked with it. It suits my needs of dense quality vapour production through glass and water nearly perfectly and it offers an on point blend of versatility and aesthetics/form.

It chews through batteries if you like having more than around 10 bongs an hour, which is genuinely a lot but also super chill once you work up tolerance to it.
I am vaping two chambers off one battery charge comfortably, and getting 2-6 (mids to kief) bong hits from each chamber (proper face punching bong hits).
I love having five batteries, it is basically infinity spares. And I can only charge two at once. Beauty of low capacity is a fast charge. Every time I try and out fog my batteries I basically lose track of everything and I'm not sure if I've ever been successful. Guaranteed good time though.

I tried my EQ for the first time today, and in comparison the GH is like a finely designed heating device. The EQ bowl is nasty hot and it's bitten me too many times.
I have got stung by the hopper for sure, it gets hot near the heater and the clip/backend gets pretty hot if you leave it on 5 for a whole bowl or two. But it's not enough to burn you. If handled with care (which is so hard because it works well) it's fine, and worst case scenario you might just drop it from shock, but it can't actually harm you with the temps it reaches unlike what I used to deal with with my EQ (handling bare glass hot enough to melt your fingertips off).

So far in my mild climate cosy corner of the globe, it's seems safe but definitely uncomfortable if you hold it wrong after using it for a few minutes.

I can cache a bowl in 1:30, and doing this twice in a row without turning the hopper off, except to fill it, is basically a method of choice for producing a hot hopper.

Mine has had some classic burned out blunders (always from effect never from heat)
If dropped from a height, it lands button first and can turn itself on.
I have some tiny dents in my button from the road it bounced on.
I seriously recommend Ti, my SS band has some dings and it looks shabby. I believe it is quite simple to polish them out though.
Overall, bare metal with some scars is fine and the Ti holds up well. This thing is a finely crafted tool, and a bit of well worn wear and tear just means it's up to the job. I have used the GH as a dedicated sesh device since March 17 and it has been good as!

It's included charger has started playing up again, although with multiple batteries this is basically a non-issue for my future use so not fussed. I believe this aspect to be the weakest part of the current design. I hope they fix it, because in use the pass-thru-like charging is pretty nice.

I've had the unit seemingly combust herb twice, both times its hard to say if it was really combustion, but it got some proper satin black results and some solid white glass. No ash though, so it was borderline. Tasted a bit toasty, but not on fire.
It seems to be working fine since though, with normal 5 step extraction quality like in their ABV video. It did seem to be acting strange both times, and it was after I'd been using it for hours excessively.

Hopefully some of that makes sense or is interesting I'm really quite blazed :smug:
Have been GIMing hard since my kief fuelled wake and bake

(so i just logged on to find this wall of text)
TL;DR I was high af

I'm just going to add that I have no problem hitting it dry, I can use it bare at level 5 but only for quick blasts. I prefer to use it in the 2-4 range bare, and it's basically like hitting a joint. Similar kind of heat to deal with, the longer you hit it the hotter it gets, just like an actual joint.

Kasish

But those are 90 seconds you will be missing so many yummy goodies for you as it heats up

Don't feel bad I went threw the same thing for both of my warranty claims but so far my hopper has been working perfectly fine no problems.

I've honestly just hit pure kief inside my hopper no sandwich needed and my hopper is still running fine.
Welcome to FC man i hope it treats u better than reddit ;-)

Vapetrees

Vaped Out

I used my Mighty yesterday in the afternoon after having used my GH all day. I really don't think you miss much while it's heating up since the Mighty actually produces better tasting vapor than the GH throughout the whole "session." At one point I thought the Mighty wasn't producing vapor, had it at 365f so I blew out into the light in the ceiling. I couldn't tell if it was producing vapor because it was so cool. I mean it felt like I was inhaling cold air compared to the Gh lol. I was using a smoke buddy so I had to blow it into the ceiling light to see if it was producing vapor, and it was. :lol: Anyways, today I brought my GH to work with me because I guess I'm a masochist? :evil: I kid, the GH is just so damn powerful and makes me feel like I'm smoking with the dense clouds.

MoltenTiger

I used my Mighty yesterday in the afternoon after having used my GH all day. I really don't think you miss much while it's heating up since the Mighty actually produces better tasting vapor than the GH throughout the whole "session." At one point I thought the Mighty wasn't producing vapor, had it at 365f so I blew out into the light in the ceiling. I couldn't tell if it was producing vapor because it was so cool. I mean it felt like I was inhaling cold air compared to the Gh lol. I was using a smoke buddy so I had to blow it into the ceiling light to see if it was producing vapor and it was. :lol: Anyways, today I brought my GH to work with me because I guess I'm a masochist? :evil: I kid, the GH is just so damn powerful and makes me feel like I'm smoking with the dense clouds.

Yeah this is the big difference between the two (although I have had minimal experience with the Mighty). The GH just pumps out thicker vapour, the size hits I'm getting require cooling of some sort, seeing as I'm literally filling myself up to the brim with dense cloud. The mighty is best used as is, and although you can still have long hits, you possibly won't be able to fit in the same amount of actives IMO.
Totally pointless perhaps, less is more... But I still love me a hit big enough to require time out to recover from. For me big hits (20-30s long) with the Mighty were super tasty, and super smooth, but the onset was too. Smooth and enjoyable, but not quite as satisfying (bar flavour, the mighty has amazing and ongoing flavour). I'm finding the GH nearly hits me immediately, which is great for replacing snaps/bong one-hits.

At the end of the day, both work really well, but are suited to different styles of inhalation.
GH is best for quick hits on the go, joint-like tokes in a hurry, bong hits as per combustion.
The Mighty is best for seshing. When you have the time to have it sitting near you warming up, and have a spare hand to hold onto it and sip away for maybe 5 - 15 mins.

5 minutes with the Hopper is enough to get properly wasted, with the mighty it may just be a quick sesh.

I took my hopper to work once with my glass, it was awesome. Hope you have the freedom to do something similar, it's a pretty surreal activity ;)

I used my Mighty yesterday in the afternoon after having used my GH all day. I really don't think you miss much while it's heating up since the Mighty actually produces better tasting vapor than the GH throughout the whole "session." At one point I thought the Mighty wasn't producing vapor, had it at 365f so I blew out into the light in the ceiling. I couldn't tell if it was producing vapor because it was so cool. I mean it felt like I was inhaling cold air compared to the Gh lol. I was using a smoke buddy so I had to blow it into the ceiling light to see if it was producing vapor, and it was. :lol: Anyways, today I brought my GH to work with me because I guess I'm a masochist? :evil: I kid, the GH is just so damn powerful and makes me feel like I'm smoking with the dense clouds.

Yeah this is the big difference between the two (although I have had minimal experience with the Mighty). The GH just pumps out thicker vapour, the size hits I'm getting require cooling of some sort, seeing as I'm literally filling myself up to the brim with dense cloud. The mighty is best used as is, and although you can still have long hits, you possibly won't be able to fit in the same amount of actives IMO.

I love these kinds of posts and comparisons, so thanks for the great info guys. I have to say, as someone with a super sensitive throat and baby lungs, I'm a little worried about whether the Grasshopper will be too powerful for me.

I use my Arizer Air with a small bong daily, and the hits are pretty smooth most of the time, but I can still hack up a lung if I take too big of a rip on the highest temp setting (210°C / 410°F). Hitting it dry, I can't really go past the third temp setting (200°C / 392°F) until most of the THC has been extracted. All of these posts about just how cool the Mighty/Crafty vapor is are making me desperately want to get on board that train.

I was hoping the Grasshopper would replace my Arizer Air, but I think it'll end up being the vaporizer I use on-the-go or when I don't feel like waiting for heat up (which is often). I think I will end up selling my Air and buying a Crafty to use for longer, more relaxing sessions or when seshing with multiple people.

GTAVaper

If you are dedicating the Grasshopper to on the go usage then I would highly recommend the Mighty over the Crafty.....double the battery capacity means less strain on the batteries meaning longer before a costly battery replacement as well as better performance through that same timeframe as well as direct temperature control on the unit itself.

Also you might want to consider some other options.....if your at home sessions include a water tool then I would highly recommend the Venus Apollo....I use mine strictly through water and I haven't touched my Mighty since. The same manufacturer is soon releasing a plug-in whip based unit called the Helios that is also based on a halogen heat source that looks very interesting.

Also something to consider for on demand convection at home would be the Milaana or Zion from RBT...although you would likely be able to purchase the Milaana sooner than the Zion

Last edited:
Top Bottom