Discontinued The Grasshopper

I call that the "Tic Tac" effect, someone else called it the "Bazooka Joe" effect. Either way, I hear ya! Hoping the Grasshopper doesn't suffer from it to bad.Thoughts @midgetsanchez or @baltik ?

I feel like this may be more dependent upon the specific characteristics of the flower you're vaping.

Things like moisture content, curing process, potency, strain type, what kind of plant it is - Indica or Sativa, et al factors may have more to do with the flavor and how long it lasts.

Just something to keep in mind..

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I feel like this may be more dependent upon the specific characteristics of the flower you're vaping.

Things like moisture content, curing process, potency, strain type, what kind of plant it is - Indica or Sativa, et al factors may have more to do with the flavor and how long it lasts.

Just something to keep in mind..
Constant cooking of herb doesn't really retain taste too long, so I think it has to do with the heating styles.

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
When has the GH team released an official response about anything?

Huh? They pretty much answered our questions with those bi monthly updates no? Trevor responds to emails also from what I been seeing(And doing). Give it a little, hell he might not be all over the forums, probably focused on getting more out I would think.

Huh? They pretty much answered our questions with those bi monthly updates no? Trevor responds to emails also from what I been seeing(And doing). Give it a little, hell he might not be all over the forums, probably focused on getting more out I would think.

Quite, however the team's communications can't exactly be described as direct, and down to earth now can they?

midgetsanchez

Trevor just got back to me and said that "There is nothing in the air path that has mass loss at the temperatures the vape operates at". He said not to worry, any "off-gassing" is likely oils on the heating element.

The referenced off "off gassing" is oil from our hands. We have to handle the heater and screen extensively when installing them and were not wearing gloves. We have used the heaters externally, on test rigs, and anytime they are handled they produce vapor from the oil on your hands for quite a bit of time after. The oil on your skin seems to be just right for vaping haha. There is nothing in the air path that has mass loss at the temperatures the vape operates at. The smell of the vape until used a bit should be associated with new hot metal. Sorry about any worry it caused!

While I wish they had spent the time to do the burn-offs themselves it's not a big deal, and I'm glad it's not anything potentially harmful in the vapor path. Just remember, "There is nothing in the air path that has mass loss at the temperatures the vape operates at"!

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
I've been waiting for this thing since I returned my 1st edition Ascent and heard the GH guys on some podcast talking about how they were gonna make the MFLB killer. They finally did it now that I've lost it :freak: :mental:

I wonder who will be the brave soul to risk losing a hopper by trying to disassemble it so we can finally see the NASA tech! :science:
Which podcast?

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Trevor just got back to me and said that "There is nothing in the air path that has mass loss at the temperatures the vape operates at". He said not to worry, any "off-gassing" is likely oils on the heating element.

While I wish they had spent the time to do the burn-offs themselves it's not a big deal, and I'm glad it's not anything potentially harmful in the vapor path. Just remember, "There is nothing in the air path that has mass loss at the temperatures the vape operates at"!
Why wouldn't they wear gloves? Oils from your hands can cause corrosion in the long term. Maybe no other vape companies do either, though.

RBW

I would love to hear from the GH team exactly what materials are in the air path.

I was emailing Trevor with a few questions recently and he was quickly replying every time. Then I emailed him asking about what materials are in the air path and if the air passes through the leds and/or wires and he suddenly stopped replying. This was several days ago.

It seems that they are deliberately not telling us. They say that there is nothing in the air path that has mass loss without actually telling us what is in the air path. I feel we have the right to know so that we can make our own decisions about if we think it is safe or not, I'm not just going to take someones word for it.

I certainly won't be ordering a GH until they have given up this information.

zymos

There is at least ONE forum where he has been conspicuously absent.... He is great about responding to emails, but obviously not interested in "social media" . That's their choice, and they're stickin to it!

zymos,
Reactions: Jared

midgetsanchez

There is at least ONE forum where he has been conspicuously absent.... He is great about responding to emails, but obviously not interested in "social media" . That's their choice, and they're stickin to it!

They appear *absurdly* busy right now. Barrages of emails, and getting all the units & accessories ready for shipping. Their priority definitely seems to be getting the hoppers out, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're not answering every email in a timely fashion right now.

Kalessin

I would love to hear from the GH team exactly what materials are in the air path.

I was emailing Trevor with a few questions recently and he was quickly replying every time. Then I emailed him asking about what materials are in the air path and if the air passes through the leds and/or wires and he suddenly stopped replying. This was several days ago.

It seems that they are deliberately not telling us. They say that there is nothing in the air path that has mass loss without actually telling us what is in the air path. I feel we have the right to know so that we can make our own decisions about if we think it is safe or not, I'm not just going to take someones word for it.

Well, we know just from the placement of the LEDs that air passes over them before it enters the heater...who knows about wires...I imagine once they're released fully someone will open one up and take a look.

RBW

Well, we know just from the placement of the LEDs that air passes over them before it enters the heater...who knows about wires...I imagine once they're released fully someone will open one up and take a look.

Do we know what the led casing is made of? I hope that it is glass rather than plastic.

I would much prefer to have a model with no leds and a clear air path. The leds make it less stealthy as well.

RBW,
Reactions: snamuh

midgetsanchez

Something interesting I've observed; while attempting the "burn-off" I previously described I noticed at one point that the leds started to flash red/blue (kind of like a police car). I saw nothing in the manual about that kind of light pattern, this was Trevor's response:

The red/blue flashing is the housing over-temp sensor that shuts the heater down if the housing is too warm and air is not flowing in the right direction to cool it. This should only be tripped if you are either not drawing through the vape and leaving it on when it is really hot, or blowing into the vape which you should never do. If this is happening during normal operation when in use, then there is some issue with your unit.

Pretty cool - it's obvious the software is very well-thought out and designed.

Side note... @BuzzDanklin how do you feel about the Ti durability versus the SS now that you've had them both for a while? Any drawbacks to the Ti? Just curious, I've noticed a few scratches/scuffs on my SS but those were all my fault. Either way I know SS can be polished easily down the road...

Last edited:

beware116

Man, I want one of these so bad. I'd gladly trade my E-Nano for one with its charger. Maybe I can justify picking it up if I sell the E-Nano...

beware116,

caphector

Just to be pedantic - Grasshopper said that nothing in the air path has mass loss at the temperatures this device operates at. If that's true we shouldn't see any visible vapor except from the cannabis.

Not saying it's dangerous, just that if you see *something* coming off then it has to come from somewhere.

RBW

Just to be pedantic - Grasshopper said that nothing in the air path has mass loss at the temperatures this device operates at. If that's true we shouldn't see any visible vapor except from the cannabis.

Not saying it's dangerous, just that if you see *something* coming off then it has to come from somewhere.

They are claiming that the mystery vapor is created by oils transferred from their hands when they are assembling the unit.

RBW,
Reactions: 421

johnnyCanuck

That "someone's word" isn't just anybody. It's the maker of the Vape for heaven's sake. But you're correct, it's you're choice whether you'd like to purchase one or not.
Sorry, don't mean to sound like an as* about it.

zymos

They appear *absurdly* busy right now. Barrages of emails, and getting all the units & accessories ready for shipping. Their priority definitely seems to be getting the hoppers out, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're not answering every email in a timely fashion right now.

True, but we all know that they have kept their distance for more than a year now. Their choice, I think if it was me, I'd want to talk to folk...

RBW

That "someone's word" isn't just anybody. It's the maker of the Vape for heaven's sake. But you're correct, it's you're choice whether you'd like to purchase one or not.
Sorry, don't mean to sound like an as* about it.

In my opinion the maker of a vape is very unlikely to say/believe that there is a problem even if there is one.

I don't know the guy, I have no idea if he is trustworthy. Just because someone makes a product doesn't mean you should blindly believe everything they say about it.

Makers of some butane vapes believe that it is perfectly safe to inhale the butane exhaust, many people don't agree with this. Some things are a matter of opinion.

We need to know the facts so that we can make our own choices.

Last edited:
Top Bottom