• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vape Hound

Greetings and hallucinations from the Vape Hound. I've been lurking here for a while now, reading up on the Airizer, but literally just a few moments ago, and after considerable nervous nail-biting on my part, the postman delivered my new Airizer, so I figured I might as well break cover and join the fray today, as it were.

Despite the handle I have chosen to use here, I have never once in my entire toking life ever set eyes on a real modern vaporizer, and will soon be taking my first draw of the Airizer, in a few hours after the battery is charged up and I have performed the usual first empty burn-off prior to making my first ever foray into the vaping world.

May I offer a tip of the hat to Carole King, OF, and all the others who hold court here. Your observations and experience guided my purchase, and I have already ordered the long glass turbo stems thanks in large part to the enthusiastic reviews about those devices that I have been reading here.

I live way out in the sticks near the Equator, growing my own pure Sativa landrace bud deep in a tropical swamp forest, and I gotta say I am rearing to go, for my first try of my recently harvested swamp-grown buds in this Airizer. I guess my only regret so far is not having been aware of the $90 reduction in price of the Airizer offered by Puffitup, but I decided to right that wrong by acquiring a SECOND Airizer from Puffitup, such that I can keep one Airizer at home, and another stashed amid tree roots in the swamp, in a water-proof Otter Box, for use in my jungle lair.

Can't wait to experience those fabled combustion-free flavors, and once again, I thank y'all for pointing this vaping noob in the right direction. I hope to make more meaningful contributions to the proceedings here as I gain more experience with my new toy, but for now may I end by observing as follows : Yeeeeeeehaw !

Regards from the Vape Hound

Vape Hound

Much thanks for the welcome, Woodvillain. I have learned a lot from your wise advice on getting the most out of the Airizer, and have saved money for sure, just by hearing about the best Airizer-related options as they become available here before anywhere else.

Funny you should mention indicas, because I tried a few indica dominant strains from seed outdoors, which is pretty much the only method open to me here, but then I discovered to my dismay that the indicas went into flower when they were barely beyond the seedling stage, producing tiny budlets-on-a-stick.

When I stopped trying to grow imported Dutch seeds, and simply planted seeds found in locally available bag weed, my small-scale personal grow became much more productive, and I began to see a variety of phenotypes with fragrant flowers and great effects, so now my mad experiments continue apace with no nervous waits for posted seeds necessary any more. My new Airizer will enable me to explore these delicious tastes in a far more healthy manner, compared to the old ways.

Hey OF, thanks for the reply. The removable battery sure does make the Airizer so versatile. When I get it, I plan on stashing my second Airizer without its battery in place, in that waterproof container, and then taking along a full charged battery when I go for a session there, removing the used battery as I head back home. Having heard that a used Airizer does smell a bit, I really like the idea of having one available where I'll need to use it, without having to carry about anything other than the needed batteries.

Regards from Vape Hound

UnshavenFish

Nice concept @UnshavenFish, will it hold water? :tup:

Will have to rely on an old standby (PPWT) until a "proof of concept" is produced!

Sorry bud it wont be a bubbler of any sort if thats what you meant, and i don't think freezing would be good for it either, its just a visual thing.

If i can get a good seal (that shows no sign of leaking before using with air) it will just be an extra chamber on the outside of the stock stem to hold some e-liquid for extra stealth as in the UK you see people with stranger looking e-cigs walking around all over.

I'm sure somebody with glass skills could come up with something with coloured glass to a similar effect or even a built in chamber with a plug hole hidden in the mp but thats way beyond my level (king of bodge not master craftsman:rofl:)

Starless

And bible black
Recieved my Air gong from PIU yesterday. Works well so far, but the air holes weren't drilled in the right spots and looks all wonky. Airflow doesn't seem to be different than a standard stem so I guess it's not having any affect on the draw.

Fits in the unit nicely which means it must be the correct Air diameter instead of the larger Solo stem diameter. The bowl is also bigger than my other stems. I'll upload pics in this post in a few...

EDIT: As promised.

Standard air stem vs. Air GonG
6rYMiwx.jpg

Sorry for the dirty bowl. GonG bowl looks to be bigger by just like 2-3 milimeters.

Dhgate Sunshinestore PWNT on top of GonG.
XmGGnDL.jpg

I would've preferred the stem to be shorter, but I guess they want it to be useful as a dry stem too. Hopefully they offer a shorter one in the future.

Must have been made late on a Friday....
lK9Njwx.jpg

Sorry this pic was tough to focus, but you can still clearly see how off the airholes are.

Also, anyone know a cheap, safe "joint lube" to keep the ground glass from locking up?

Last edited:

moehunter

I have had my Ex-Q desk-top almost a year now but I am now looking for a portable and received a few Sale emails this week.

I see the AIR is $169 and the SOLO is $160 including a grinder and free shipping

What’s your opinion? If you could order (1) which one would it be?

UnshavenFish

Recieved my Air gong from PIU yesterday. Works well so far, but the air holes weren't drilled in the right spots and looks all wonky. Airflow doesn't seem to be different than a standard stem so I guess it's not having any affect on the draw.

Fits in the unit nicely which means it must be the correct Air diameter instead of the larger Solo stem diameter. The bowl is also bigger than my other stems. I'll upload pics in this post in a few...

EDIT: As promised.

Standard air stem vs. Air GonG
6rYMiwx.jpg

Sorry for the dirty bowl. GonG bowl looks to be bigger by just like 2-4 milimeters.

Dhgate Sunshinestore PWNT on top of GonG.
XmGGnDL.jpg

I would've preferred the stem to be shorter, but I guess they want it to be useful as a dry stem too. Hopefully they offer a shorter one in the future.

Must have been made late on a Friday....
lK9Njwx.jpg

Sorry this pic was tough to focus, but you can still clearly see how off the airholes are.

Also, anyone know a cheap, safe "joint lube" to keep the ground glass from locking up?

I like the look of those holes :D with the ones closer to the outside of the stem you never know it might help to spread the airflow as you have two for the middle and two for the edge (kind of) maybe its a new design, would be interested to hear if you notice any difference with your avb.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@Sacrifus if you have the clout in the manufacturing, please have the bubbler shorter/smaller to give it the perfect fit to the AA, for stealth.

Or was this designed specific for another vaporizer.....

Vapormatic

I see the AIR is $169 and the SOLO is $160 including a grinder and free shipping

What’s your opinion? If you could order (1) which one would it be?

Air over Solo,

Solo's air path doesn't make best use of heater to preheat air & it doesn't conduct the heat to the load that well either, also the inlet air gets some directed from bottom then passes over battery & circuit board. In short, it's impossible to throttle the airflow upstream of heater & also impossible to redirect airflow for max contact time with heater.

Air is better in that you can redirect airflow with sleeve & can easily be modded to throttle airflow. It works well as a convection vape during draw if airflow is kept inline with heater/bowl output.

I bought a Solo, thinking it'd be great backup for 95USD, tried it twice & considered myself lucky to be able to exchange it for another portable. Bought an Air 4 months ago & plan to keep it, tho it's not my fav portable anymore.

Vapormatic,
Reactions: stark1

sickmanfraud

I bought a Solo, thinking it'd be great backup for 95USD, tried it twice & considered myself lucky to be able to exchange it for another portable. Bought an Air 4 months ago & plan to keep it, tho it's not my fav portable anymore.

Which vape is your current favorite?

sickmanfraud,

olivianewtonjohn

@moehunter Get the air if you want to get a desktop later on; the air makes a better portable than the solo obviously. Actually IMO get the air if you are going to use it even 1/10 outside because with an extra battery its performance and battery life is about the same.

Looks like a new (nano?) bubbler is coming...
I was suggesting a micro-bubbler exactly like that a awhile back. It was actually @OF who gave me the idea, he rigged up an ecig bubbler very similar to that one with his stock stem. There was some question of how to reload it and also after cleaning having to dry it well. They have my attention to say the least, looks really nice

@stark1 I think the reason why it is so tall is because that top section is probably mass produced in china already for ecig's; either in china or locally they are adding a solo/air bowl instead of the ecig connection. I could have sworn I saw that same type of ecig on dhgate.

Vape Hound

As a first-time user of any vaporizer, I initially tested my new Airizer with the glass stem plugged in only part the way to the bottom of the heating chamber, and as a result I was a bit underwhelmed by the size of the hits I was getting, judging by the very faint vapor exhalations I saw. I did get moderately high, so I rationalized away those modest vapor clouds with the assumption that my lungs had absorbed most of the goodness, leaving little "waste" vapor in my exhaled breath.

This morning I decided to try a third test run with the same tasty Sativa bud broken up small but not powdered just as before. This time I loaded the stem and made sure it was seated as low as it would go right to the floor of the heating chamber.

I took my first hit, and HOLY CHIT ! The volume of vapor I ingested was absolutely beyond belief ! When the monstrous cloud of fragrant vapor proceeded to expand in my unsuspecting lungs I found myself stifling the sort of coughing fits I recall from waaay back when I took my first few tokes of weed aged fourteen. Then the high set in, and I was again astonished at its intensity, given that my vape session had only consumed less than a quarter of the amount of bud I normally roll up to smoke in a joint, whose high I can categorically state is LESS powerful that the buzz delivered by vapor.

Yes, sir, I am as of today a RABID believer in vaping over ANY other form of ingestion including edibles. There simply are no downsides to vaping with the Airizer. You get that pristine un-burnt aroma of the weed, a soaring, clean high that will remind you of when your THC tolerance was non-existent, monstrous vapor expansion that will catch even a seasoned joint smoker off-guard, and best of all, one can finally consign to history the need to combust our favorite herb in order to enjoy its marvelous properties.

Last edited:

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
Perhaps it is here and I missed it.... Is there a color scheme at start up that indicates remaining battery life, other than red means running low?

Also, my chamber cap came off. I was able to stuff the tab back in, but it does not feel like it is going to last in the long run. Any others have this happen? Any fixes?

Thanks-this thing rocks!

MayaMayhem

Also, my chamber cap came off. I was able to stuff the tab back in, but it does not feel like it is going to last in the long run. Any others have this happen? Any fixes?

Thanks-this thing rocks!

Mine fell off during my first use out of the house. I set it aside at the time to fix when I had light to work with, but I haven't seen it since. Not sure how concerned I am yet, to be honest...

Its been about 3 days since I got the unit (and 2 spare batteries). I was a bit underwhelmed my first day with it, but like @Vape Hound I am starting to find that the more I mess around with things, try different techniques with different stems etc., the bigger my clouds get.

My gift grinder broke (the mesh looked fine but tore along the rim with the slightest pressure) during its first use too, actually. :o

OF

I was suggesting a micro-bubbler exactly like that a awhile back. It was actually @OF who gave me the idea, he rigged up an ecig bubbler very similar to that one with his stock stem. There was some question of how to reload it and also after cleaning having to dry it well. They have my attention to say the least, looks really nice

That would be this one:
0UpeNOl.jpg

Sorry, I didn't realize there was a question on how to load it, I guess I missed it? The answer (at least mine) is 'no problem'. While I could, I guess load it as an assembly, I simply pull the bubbler and rubber tube off the unit and lay it down somewhere (I doesn't spill). The reload the stem normally and go again. No drama. IMO a single piece would be harder to deal with. You can't, for instance, blow the loose stuff out of the stem between loading like I like to do.

Outside I put the bubbler in one shirt pocket and the Air in the other with the loaded and capped stem. Very easy to assemble and disassemble. When I'm done, the bubbler comes off and goes back in the pocket (with water, no spills....) and I have the normal Air to deal with (which so far I haven't screwed up....).

Given that I've already got this (under $20)) and I'm happy with it I doubt I'm a potential customer of a one piece one. An accident costs me ten or twenty bucks, depending on which way it comes down.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-arizer-air.16415/page-77#post-722600

I have yet to break one (although I've tried....), but I have a spare anyway. I've given away 3 to fellow owners as well (one on a Solo, it works there too) and have another to deliver next time I drive over for a visit (good excuse).

Nothing fancy IMO, in fact it's off center inside, but it 'works a treat' as the Brits would say.

OF

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Brilliant! @OF

ware O!, mighty ONE, does one buy one/a culpa?:clap:

NVM, found it. Tanks.

PS wonda iff a PVHE gong would be a match for the. --(micro bubbler & AA) ....

Last edited:
stark1,
Reactions: OF

OF

PS wonda iff a PVHE gong would be a match for the. --(micro bubbler & AA) ....

Good question. I tried it first and my opinion is yes, it works fine, but.... (isn't it always?).

My first pass was an ill fated attempt to replace the FBomb (or PNWT, I use both....) with the smaller bubbler above. I used my 14mm GonG from our friends at PV and a somewhat longer piece of tube to couple my "Nibbler" bubbler (from Up Tech), somewhat awkward in the coupling but was on the right track. Then I found the bubbler above and was off to the races. Before the uncoupling was a problem for loading as was the potential of leaks. This meant taking the lot off and usually spilling ABV (better than water, I tried doing that too.....). Separating the stem from the bubbler was dicey the way I did it.

Then, one morning when my GonG was hiding from me (again) I got one of those 'light comes on' moments. I realized 'why mess with $30 GonGs when you have $10 factory Air stems. I forget if I was usinng Solo or Air, but it doesn't matter.

So my take is you can, but it's cheaper and IMO easier to use the plastic topped stems. Notice the tube doesn't even make it to the 14mm part, it seals on the flats of the MP. Stable, but easy to remove. And an accident with the stem is ten bucks and always in stock......neither of which is true for the GonG?

I'm very happy with the setup, and recommend it for those so inclined.

Regards to all on what looks to be another beautiful Spring day.

OF

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I put the AA to the test the last week. That is, before I lost it. I went down south to San Diego and used only the Air. I had various flowers, cbd sap, sour d shatter. I started out the first morning on the road with a stem of sour d sandwiched between jackpot flowers. Vaped it on green and was at one with the world. Later in the day I switched to Louis XIII flower and sandwiched a small amount of Louis budder. I was feeling no pain. This was when I lost my Air. As I got into the car, I heard something drop outside. I looked around, but it was dark out. I didn't see anything. It wasn't till about an hour later that I realized what fell out. My Air. Anyhow, I found a Vape store and bought a cheap pen for concentrates until I got home. The Air is awesome! Just don't lose it. Ha

Top Bottom