• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

OF

Doesn't have to be a high powered ultrasonic cleaner. You can get one off Amazon for $20-$25.

Great point, more power doesn't buy much. The real idea is 'cavitation'. At a molecular level the fluid gets 'goofed up' with part going one way, part the other. This creates local high pressure areas that push stuff around but also create temporary vacuum 'bubbles' that suck (as the saying goes.....). That action can pull the liquid into spaces it'd never get to otherwise. You can see the 'nodes' of this action on the surface in the tank sometimes.

Great thing to have around. Put some dirty jewelery in and you can literally watch 'wisps of dirt' drift out of inaccessible cracks and crevises. Lets you clean places you don't even consider.

Mighty handy gadget. We had to invent them before we could put a man on the moon. Amazing the pioneers found the West coast with all them wagons without them and GPS. No roads, bridges or tunnels then. No microwaves either. Or Cable.....and cell phones (which is OK, there wasn't any Twitter then, either....).

OF

OF,
Reactions: Sinclue

norcalty

Does this take the same size glass stems as the solo? I bought a nice stem for my solo and am interested in maybe upgrading to the air.

norcalty,

Justpassedu

Does this take the same size glass stems as the solo? I bought a nice stem for my solo and am interested in maybe upgrading to the air.
Not really , please do not listen to the poster above. The stems that are designed for the air have a smaller diameter than the solo stems. You will stretch out the rubber gaskets in the air from using solo stems. Than they will be loose and wobble around eventually possibly causing them to fall out if the unit is turned upside down. The Solo stems are bigger and yes you can get them in the air but i don't recommend it as i have stretched my gaskets out trying this and now my stems don't fit as tight in my air as they did when it was new.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
For those who haven't gotten at least one AA, MassDrop just started a buy of the Air. Lowest price will be 150$, with free shipping (@20 units, 9 committed, @ present).

All color options available, including the color Ti.:tup:

Only downside is that the unit will be shipped near the end of the month....:\

stark1,
Reactions: OF

OF

Not really , please do not listen to the poster above. The stems that are designed for the air have a smaller diameter than the solo stems. You will stretch out the rubber gaskets in the air from using solo stems.

I think you should consider all points of view. For sure not "not listen" to one poster because another tells you to? Consider what each says and what they provide to back that up.

First off, consider that the very first Airs came shipped with a standard Solo (straight) stem. It seems Arizer has no such concerns? More over they don't consider a tight stem fit a supported feature. IMO the seals loosen over time even if you use the exact same stem, just as with Solo. The only way to keep them from 'breaking in' is to never use the vape.

My recommendation is to be guided by experience and advice, consider it all and decide for yourself what's wheat and what's chaff? If you crave a GonG and all PV offers, I say go for it. Or not, your call.

Regards to all,

For those who haven't gotten at least one AA, MassDrop just started a buy of the Air. Lowest price will be 150$, with free shipping (@20 units, 9 committed, @ present).

Only downside is that the unit will be shipped near the end of the month....:\

Or you can pay $169 shipped, with a gift, and get it this week......along with Randy's faultless Customer Service should there be any problems.....
http://www.puffitup.com/category-s/171.htm

OF

lazylightning

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
When I received my AA last week I used my PV GonG at least 25 times before I even tried inserting the stems that came with the AA. My seal has broken in to the point that the PV GonG was sliding in easily. When I finally tried the AA stems, it took a LOT more effort to get them into the AA.

That tells me that at least in my case, the PV GonG is a slightly SMALLER diameter than the stock AA stems. Now I'm almost reluctant to use the stock AA stems because they may stretch the seal more than the PV GonGs I have.

stark1

Lonesome Planet

Not really , please do not listen to the poster above. The stems that are designed for the air have a smaller diameter than the solo stems. You will stretch out the rubber gaskets in the air from using solo stems. Than they will be loose and wobble around eventually possibly causing them to fall out if the unit is turned upside down. The Solo stems are bigger and yes you can get them in the air but i don't recommend it as i have stretched my gaskets out trying this and now my stems don't fit as tight in my air as they did when it was new.

I am on the fence about this issue myself. Took a digital micrometer to my Solo, and Air stems. They all are approximately 1/2", or 0.57", with variances on the third digit. One was 0.569".

So, they should all be interchangeable. Now If I can just find my Air which I hid somewhere in my room (I have a Nazi for a housemat). I was pretty high when I hid the darn thing.

Last edited:

Traaaaan

I use both the bent solo stem and the short plastic tipped stem in my air every day. No problems.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
When I first received my Air I used both the Solo stem and the Air stems and they were all tight in the beginning. This was the case with the glass pieces. Over time it just naturally stretches out. This was my experience. As @OF said it's your call. Do what you think is best.:2c::leaf::peace:

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
I am on the fence about this issue myself. Took a digital micrometer to my Solo, and Air stems. They all are approximately 1/2", or 0.57", with variances on the third digit. One was 0.569".

So, they should all be interchangeable. Now If I can just find my Air which I hid somewhere in my room (I have a Nazi for a housemat). I was pretty high when I hid the darn thing.

I guess I've been unusually fortunate stem-wise. Over the years I've had 4 Solos (starting with original ceramic heater chamber) and now two Airs. I honestly couldn't tell you which went with which. I just grab one and use it (as appropriate). Granted some are snugger are than others but none are what I'd call loose.

Perhaps tastier for those with tightness problems might be a dab of a nice olive oil for flavor and ease of entry. :)

:peace:

~

Sinclue,
Reactions: stark1

OF

IThey all are approximately 1/2", or 0.57", with variances on the third digit. One was 0.569".

I found out of round conditions on a single stem that 'covered' two others. IMO it's going to age and get use if used, the best we can hope for is delay.

As to the 'I hid it too good when stoned thing' I don't know the first thing about that, never had it happen. But I understand if you get just as stoned again, stand in the same place and pretend to hide a pretend vape you'll go right to it........

OF

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I was thinking about suggesting something like Chapstick or something similar smeared on the end of the stem for lubrication:2c:.:leaf:

@Ed's TnT he sells lube for the wood. It would work on glass too. It comes in a container like lip stuff. Ed's Bomb Ass Butter. This is a pic I took a while back.

Last edited:

Justpassedu

I think you should consider all points of view. For sure not "not listen" to one poster because another tells you to? Consider what each says and what they provide to back that up.

First off, consider that the very first Airs came shipped with a standard Solo (straight) stem. It seems Arizer has no such concerns? More over they don't consider a tight stem fit a supported feature. IMO the seals loosen over time even if you use the exact same stem, just as with Solo. The only way to keep them from 'breaking in' is to never use the vape.

My recommendation is to be guided by experience and advice, consider it all and decide for yourself what's wheat and what's chaff? If you crave a GonG and all PV offers, I say go for it. Or not, your call.

Regards to all,

Or you can pay $169 shipped, with a gift, and get it this week......along with Randy's faultless Customer Service should there be any problems.....

OF
I am going to have to disagree with you as I did recieve a solo stem with my air and the diameter at the base of the stem is larger than the air stem that was also included . Mine did not fit at all even with force until I preheated and than when inserted just that one time I stretched the rubber seals in my air from that one stem. Before I tried the solo stem I was strictly using my air stems and while yes they did loosen up a tad . They still retained there shape and held my stems well. It is the larger diameter solo stem that will cause the seal to stretch to a point of no return unless replacing it wich I do not see a option for them yet. So yes I am sorry you can use the solo stems but beware your seals will stretch and they will stretch way quicker vs. using a air stem. Also want to note all stems are created different in my case , I purchased extra air stems recently that did not fit as well as the ones that my air first came with . This is also why eds TNT who makes the word stems has specifically purchased new material to make his stems for the air , Bc the materials he uses for his solo stems is to big for the air.

Last edited:

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
OK so most of you know, many of you might not.
SALE on the Air on PuffItUp.com !
Yep it's his.....

For the Air :

Click the Airzer AIR ad to get to the site's Air department !

Just wanted people to know about the sale code and also that they can buy JUST ONE at this amazing price, with the knowledge that Randy's site is recommended by,and participates on, your favorite forum ! Such a deal ! Authorized dealer, for real.

(boring post for regulars, perhaps motivating for newcomers)

HAPPY VAPING !

lazylightning

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
I just received some extra Air batteries and a couple waterproof battery cases for them to travel in.

As I was trying out the batteries in the case, I noticed that a couple of the AA stems looked like they would fit too. I tried them out and sure enough, they fit in the case quite well.

There are some plastic separators in the case to keep the batteries separated. I tried shaking the case in different directions and the glass of the two stems never touched. I think that keeping the silicone caps on the stems helps with this too.

At any rate, now I have a great way to carry 2 stems around safely.

dnFtbk2.jpg

Each case weighs just .7 oz (20gm)

OF

I am going to have to disagree with you as I did recieve a solo stem with my air and the diameter at the base of the stem is larger than the air stem that was also included . Mine did not fit at all even with force until I preheated and than when inserted just that one time I stretched the rubber seals in my air from that one stem. Before I tried the solo stem I was strictly using my air stems and while yes they did loosen up a tad .

Cool. I think for the most part we agree here? Arizer apparently doesn't see a problem with using Solo stems? Not fitting when new/cold his hardly news. It's been mentioned over 100 times between Solo and Air threads I bet. And reports of loosening up over time seem the norm. Has anyone ever posted that theirs did not?

Where we disagree, perhaps, is I don't think it's right to tell another member to ignore those that don't agree with you. Offer what you think are the facts (and why) in response perhaps, but don't censor others is more my speed. It's good I think to bring up concerns so others can make more informed choices.

Thanks.

I just received some extra Air batteries and a couple waterproof battery cases for them to travel in.

As I was trying out the batteries in the case, I noticed that a couple of the AA stems looked like they would fit too. I tried them out and sure enough, they fit in the case quite well.

Great cases, aren't they? I got a handful from EBay a while back, IMO they're harder to open and are larger than the normal ones but are smell proof. Each has it's place in my world. Then again, I use caps on both ends of travel stems so smell not really an issue. The cut down one on the bowl end is high temperature, you can snap it on a hot stem and quickly put it away:
WgOYSb5.jpg

I also found that cutting down a 'doob tube' (as sold by our friends at PV and I think PIU?) will let you put a gram or so of ground herb in the case for field refills).

OF

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
I really like that case idea.... Im going to have to grab one of them.

I guess today makes one year i been a member here YAAY :D

Been experimenting with my bubbla and bong with the Air... Its fun to do occasionally but i still prefer to just vape straight up... And when i want to use my bubbler or bong i prefer combusting with them...

And id probably be arrested in some circles just for saying this but i like the FC-187 more than my american made bong that costs over 6 times the cost of the fc-187.... Works amazingly but is also SO SO SO easy to clean. I used it combusting without any ash catchers or anything and had the inside nearly black in about a weeks time. 5 minutes with 99% ISO and salt and it looked brand spanking new.....

I been trying to clean that bong for over a week... cant get to a couple of the chambers and ISO and salt alone just aint cutting it... Im only cleaning it to pay it forward, but im thinking the person who is getting it will just have to accept it the way it is now... I give up LOL

Oh and im waiting on this combo here.... Been wanting another nice chillum for a while, since i gave away the other.... But all i can keep thinking about is how badass a matching custom Air stem would be.... Move the eye up a little ways, remove the side horns and straighten the teeth some, then they could act like high efficiency cuts like on the PVHES.

Would be so BADASS!!

il_fullxfull.635836958_6rsa.jpg

olivianewtonjohn

Regards to all,

OF
My experience seems to indicate otherwise. The seals are not as snug as before (way too snug when new) but they have not loosened over time like the solo. IMO including the original stem (and the longer modified stem) wasnt the best idea on arizers part. I dont care what they consider a defect or anything like that, I bought my arizer air to be portable and a snug stem helps alot. I keep it loaded when out and about like an ecig. Im sure im not the only one who does this?

I agree he shouldnt say not to listen, simply state his experience of stretched seal so the guy can decide whether to risk stretching them or not.

EDIT: Now reading some of the posts people are saying they measure the same diameter on both types of stems. I no longer have any solo stems to compare but when I did they were noticeably harder to insert. Seems there is some variability but I dont think im the first to notice more snug fitting solo stems (maybe trend but not the rule). The shortened arizer air stem (without mouthpiece) that came with it is noticeably harder to insert (like my old solo stems).

EDIT#2: I took a week long break to study for one of my exams. I had some pretty bad withdrawal effects so I ended up extending my t-break to 3 weeks. I have slowly reintroduced vaping but I am moderating usage (still dont think my usage was much compared to some other users) and I am also taking breaks every so offten.

Long story short my arizer air seems way more powerful now! I used to reach for enano or volcano when home but the effect of the air is great. And its so convenient. I still like the plugins but I dont use them unless I want a long session. Air is powerful, it wasnt the device it was me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom