• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

narrowsparrow

Cool! I haven’t tried that one, so I’ll be awaiting your review. Arizer has quit sending me their promos, or else my computer doesn’t like them anymore. I keep waiting for an accessories sale...

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
Try combinations of holding down two buttons together for 5-10 seconds until it beeps or indicates it has done something in response. If you get nothing, no change, sound or indication then keep trying.

Sometimes it’s a matter of holding the power button in combination with another, maybe the fan button, or temp up or down. This could be done either when the unit is on or off, try all combinations.

I doubt it’s 3 buttons, but it could be. It’s very common for electronics to allow access to further functions through the use of multiple button press activations.

Hope that helps

mikek9,
Reactions: OF

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I'm actually excited to compare Air 1 and Air 2 when my bogo arrives. I want to do a *blind taste test* and see if I can tell. I'm assuming that the Air 1 sucks the battery dry a bit faster?

Bravesst,

OF

Try combinations of holding down two buttons together for 5-10 seconds until it beeps or indicates it has done something in response. If you get nothing, no change, sound or indication then keep trying.

Sometimes it’s a matter of holding the power button in combination with another, maybe the fan button, or temp up or down. This could be done either when the unit is on or off, try all combinations.

I doubt it’s 3 buttons, but it could be. It’s very common for electronics to allow access to further functions through the use of multiple button press activations.

Hope that helps

If this is in response to 'how do you turn the beep on and off' a bit ago (hard to tell, you quote nothing), there's no need to guess/poke around. I posted the information from the makers help page a few days back:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-arizer-air.16415/page-411#post-1431562

It says you hold the up button (alone) down a few seconds, which is why I suspect folks accidentally turn it off (turning on you get a beep confirmation, turning off you get silence in response.....). I didn't actually test it on mine, it's hiding somewhere right now, but assume this advice is good.

OF

Buzzbomb Almighty

In the first day of use the Air seems pretty nice, drives a lot like the Solo, but I have a question. I follow the mantra of trying to avoid completely running the power out or charging to the max, and on a Solo it's easy to tell what stage you're at by looking at the lights. On the Air, how can you tell? Do you just guess and unplug when the flashes get further apart? Do you put it on the charger after so many sessions rather than wait for the solid red or is there some way to tell how low the battery is?

Buzzbomb Almighty,

LabPong

In the first day of use the Air seems pretty nice, drives a lot like the Solo, but I have a question. I follow the mantra of trying to avoid completely running the power out or charging to the max, and on a Solo it's easy to tell what stage you're at by looking at the lights. On the Air, how can you tell? Do you just guess and unplug when the flashes get further apart? Do you put it on the charger after so many sessions rather than wait for the solid red or is there some way to tell how low the battery is?

With the Air1 or 1.5 (one with the new oven bottom) you can tell what the condition of the battery is when you first turn it on...it will show the color of battery charge when the first light color shows for a few seconds....then goes to blue. I basically only do one session when it gets to the orange color....so I know it is probably about 30-40% full. Or sometimes I just charge the battery when I see the orange color level.

Running the cell down to 0 is not good for its lifespan......charging up to 100% is much much less stress on the cell. Most say keep a cell between 40-90% charge for good cell life.

Storage for lion cells is generally .......between 40-60% charge will keep it stable in long term storage.

Buzzbomb Almighty

With the Air1 or 1.5 (one with the new oven bottom) you can tell what the condition of the battery is when you first turn it on...it will show the color of battery charge when the first light color shows for a few seconds....then goes to blue. I basically only do one session when it gets to the orange color....so I know it is probably about 30-40% full. Or sometimes I just charge the battery when I see the orange color level.

Thank you! So while it's charging can I can turn it on and get that indication or do I have to unplug it first? I unplugged it this morning when the green light flashes came further apart, and it's showing orange so guessing does work to a degree, I suppose. Next time I'll let it go a bit longer and see if I hit red while the green charge light is still flashing.
Yes, not running the charge right out and not overcharging has kept my first Solo working on the original battery pack for about 4 years now, and I still take it to work every day.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
assume this advice is good

YES this helped me, thanks @OF .
This indeed was the way to restore my beep.
I appreciate all the good info you've shared on this thread.

By the way, on the topic of lithium ion batteries and how well to discharge them or not....

The air already stops discharging at about 3.3-3.5 volts , I can't remember exactly, but, you know, here's the deal.

You 'can' prolong the life of your batteries by a year, by barely discharging them or charging them....but what you lose in enjoyment with prolonged vaping, is hardly worth the $9 per cell per year that it costs to replace them.

My batteries perform just fine well after a year of daily use with the Air.
Seems good enuff for me, $9 a year. Yes, I know Arizer charges more for their batteries, but I do not want to start a battery discussion in here again.

Anyway, thought I'd add that in there.

Cheers !

Last edited:

narrowsparrow

If I charge a battery overnight while using another moderately charged battery on that same night, do I take the one in the charger out and let it sit around until the battery in use wears down? I can't get the hang of rotating them as I have been told never to leave a fully charged battery lying around. Also, if I don't have a ready-to-go battery available, and the battery I'm using starts really slowing down I will just plug it in to finish my session. Is that a no-no?

narrowsparrow,

vpr85

If I charge a battery overnight while using another moderately charged battery on that same night, do I take the one in the charger out and let it sit around until the battery in use wears down? I can't get the hang of rotating them as I have been told never to leave a fully charged battery lying around. Also, if I don't have a ready-to-go battery available, and the battery I'm using starts really slowing down I will just plug it in to finish my session. Is that a no-no?

I push my batteries hardI rotate a few batteries with my Arizers and other 18650 vapes, fully charge, fully drain, and leave fully charged batteries until l'm ready to use them. Sure, there is better way to keep the battery life strong for longer, but I use 3-4 full charged batteries a day and still get full capacity by Arizer's specs after heavy use for a long time. A lot of people I think worry too much about preserving the battery for the long-term -- but I say enjoy them to the full capacity short term, and they'll still stay strong for a lot of use, and eventually when they do start to lose some capacity they still work for a lot of use, and you can replace them at any time! If you want them to last for the longest possible amount of time with as little capacity loss as possible, than as a lot of people here will tell you, its best not to fully charge and fully drain, and its best not to leave them fully charged or fully drained for long periods. Me, I live for the moment, and in the moment I'm gonna use the full capacity my batteries have to offer. Decisions, decisions :shrug:

sapetoku

fully charge, fully drain, and leave fully charged batteries until l'm ready to use them

That was the way with old style NiCD/NiMH batteries but that's not so great with Lithium batteries. You don't want to drain them fully EVER and for storage it's recommended to have them 70% charged.

OF

YES this helped me, thanks @OF .

You 'can' prolong the life of your batteries by a year, by barely discharging them or charging them....but what you lose in enjoyment with prolonged vaping, is hardly worth the $9 per cell per year that it costs to replace them.

Yer welcome, of course. Thanks for the courtesy.

The 'extra year' is a bit understated in bigger cases. Stopping 20% early (one session?) in daily use will not get you the expected 300 days but over 1200! Basically immortal compared to the life of the Air it's in?

I agree is's more important for expensive cells and those that can't be easily replaced (like in Solo), but the same rules apply. Your call, as ever. Please check out the link below for the boring details behind all this? TIA

Also, if I don't have a ready-to-go battery available, and the battery I'm using starts really slowing down I will just plug it in to finish my session. Is that a no-no?

Not a great idea, but not fatal or forbidden. In fact it's not even blocked in SOME vapes. One could say the Sales types at play again?

If it takes longer to recharge than discharge that says some of the power in 'use while charging' has to come from the battery. The battery is already being heated by the charging, discharging it some (adding heat) then recharging again is not going to help. Again, more important in units like Solo, but IMO best avoided as a routine?

That was the way with old style NiCD/NiMH batteries but that's not so great with Lithium batteries. You don't want to drain them fully EVER and for storage it's recommended to have them 70% charged.

Exactly so. Li-ions have amazing energy density (stored energy per unit volume) but come with their own sort of rules (like limited lifetime) that should be considered. Using stuff you learned with other types is not a good plan IMO.

It's worth noting that the exact same 18650s we enjoy are used to make electric car battery packs, only the makers derate them severely. That is they use half or less of the capacity we do, for the obvious reasons (like they don't want to replace those expensive packs under warranty).

Good stuff on the topic here (if you've the patients to read through it):
https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

OF

OF,
Reactions: macbill

Buzzbomb Almighty

Sooner or later the novelty will wear off. It doesn't have the staying power of the Solo, but with half the battery it's no surprise. When the USB cords come (and if they work) all that will be a good trade for increased access to mobile power. So far I like it, and with the BOGO deal it was like getting an Air for $8. :)
Edit to add; I'm not having much fun at lower temps, so hitting it in red most of the time no matter which stem, and in fact have the pinnacle thing stuck in my face right now w/Air attached. That delivers a good puff.:D

Last edited:
Buzzbomb Almighty,

sapetoku

Sooner or later the novelty will wear off. It doesn't have the staying power of the Solo, but with half the battery it's no surprise. When the USB cords come (and if they work) all that will be a good trade for increased access to mobile power. So far I like it, and with the BOGO deal it was like getting an Air for $8. :)
Edit to add; I'm not having much fun at lower temps, so hitting it in red most of the time no matter which stem, and in fact have the pinnacle thing stuck in my face right now w/Air attached. That delivers a good puff.:D

Either your weed is dry or you're doing something wrong. Are you heating it properly? I get massive clouds on blue and rarely need to go over green or orange.

sapetoku,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I only ever use orange or red with rosin inverted on a bong, it is also my least throat irritating portable vape, the old saying that Blue and Green should never be seen definitely does not apply to the Air.:myday:
Either your weed is dry
Or too wet and not ground enough? I use a medium grind, 62% stored pot and always get good vapor production on blue thru to green and I don't bother going higher.:tup:

LesPlenty,

Buzzbomb Almighty

I stopped using grinders a few months ago, and enjoy breaking the buds up with my fingers (though I might switch back at any time). It's a calming meditative little ritual. Don't worry about me boys; I'll muddle through. It took me a little while to make friends with the Solo back when I started vaping and Solo and Air aren't exactly the same. I'm getting lots of practice. ;)
At least I'm not going to provoke that old circular argument over whether it's a convulsion engine or a contortion engine.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Hey, gang.

Well, I've owned an OG Arizer 1, not 1.5, but the original tiny-holed air 1, ever since shortly after it came out. Love it, my go-to cannabis vape.

Been wanting more airflow for quite a while now, so, it was either get a 1.5 or a 2.
I went with getting an air 2, should arrive tomorrow.

So, where's the Air II thread ? Tried 'Search' with no results.

Vape on, ladies and gents, vape on.

OF

narrowsparrow

OK, I will expose my ignorance. Oh, wait; I already did that. OK, again then... What does OG mean? I first heard it used with weed, but not it's all over the place being used with decidedly non-weed products. Having a hard time keeping up with the current lingo. "Goss" now means "gossip." Hard for us old farts to be in the know.:myday:

narrowsparrow,

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
By the way,

Got my new Air 2 from Arizer.Com, which has a BOGO deal, they sent me a 1.5 with my 2.0 !

So very stoked.

Gonna keep the 1.5 new as i already have a 1.0, and am enjoying the 2.0 very much.

Thanks to everyone in here for their great posts regarding the Air 1 and Air 2 !

DJ Colonel Corn,
Top Bottom