• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued RBT Milaana 1, 2, 3

Vapouristo

Vapouristo Extraordinaire IG: @Vapouristo
Company Rep
Hey guys, ive had some practice with my unit, and I noticed the heater might be a little off center. My bowls hot spot on one side, leaving the other side green if I dont spin. Even when I do spin it is hard to avoid.

Is this part of the beast? Perhaps It can be mitigated by changing my technique.

Edit: to be clear, its always on the same side of the device when I turn the stem

Last edited:

FearAndLawyering

Hey guys, ive had some practice with my unit, and I noticed the heater might be a little off center. My bowls hot spot on one side, leaving the other side green if I dont spin. Even when I do spin it is hard to avoid.

Is this part of the beast? Perhaps It can be mitigated by changing my technique.

Edit: to be clear, its always on the same side of the device when I turn the stem
pretty standard, the heater inside will typically lean to one side. hotspotting in general, seems to happen to all pure convection vapes. you can kinda mitigate it by playing with technique - sometimes a lower temp with a slower inhale will heat things more evenly. i just resign myself to either stirring, or more lately - just empty the bowl out and reload it, totally stirs it heh

Vapouristo

Company Rep
pretty standard, the heater inside will typically lean to one side. hotspotting in general, seems to happen to all pure convection vapes. you can kinda mitigate it by playing with technique - sometimes a lower temp with a slower inhale will heat things more evenly. i just resign myself to either stirring, or more lately - just empty the bowl out and reload it, totally stirs it heh
Im aiming for big hits so I guess rotating the stem is entirely inevitable if you want to be even. Now I know what people mean when they say the Milaana can be either 0 or 100, and that it can be difficult to find a middle ground

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Im aiming for big hits so I guess rotating the stem is entirely inevitable if you want to be even. Now I know what people mean when they say the Milaana can be either 0 or 100, and that it can be difficult to find a middle ground
The Milaana 3 is the fastest and for me the most prone to hotspots. I'm surprised folks have so much success using it with water. I suspect I might be a temp stepping softy compared to many RBT devotees. I end up using my Milaana 1s and 2 more and I think it's because my Splinter Zs have me used to keeping the heater engaged for the whole hit. With my Milaana 3 there's a lot of time spent off the button for best results
PXL_20210302_202844342.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

It's still early, you just need a lot more time with it! I honestly have no trouble getting even extraction from my Mi3, but I have a lot of experience having beta tested the original and owning a few in between of course... So yeah keep at it, you'll get it good for you! :tup:

el sargantano

Spin spin spin:

el sargantano,
  • Haha
Reactions: arb

Vapouristo

Company Rep
Spin spin spin:
more like the eye of Sauron in the heart of my bowl. Anyhoo, I read last night in the OG Milaana thread that you need to Grill the steak, cause if you sear it, you'll get charcoal before its medium rare. That tip makes the absolute most sense for my Mi3, and its producing bigger clouds, because now I stop drawing when there is too much vapor, rather than stopping when its too hot.

Edit, just had a bowl, the only thing I'm still struggling with is caching the bowl. It seems like I might need the XL8R stem if I wanna go any hotter/darker on my extraction.

Edit 2: my batteries are old :wave: :clap::razz::bang:RIP

Last edited:

radiant34

HI all!
I have an OG milaana with lifetime warranty, and the inside glass bowl just cracked on me. Who would I go about contacting? And I know it says lifetime warranty, but... Im not sure who to contact

Thanks!

Vapouristo

Company Rep
I think the punchy VTC6 cells are a good hack for both of my 1.5 Milaana because they still roast evenly but extract fully without getting off the button. It's like the Milaana 3 is a two or three hit stem while the Milaana 2 is three or four hits and the early Milaana takes four or five even on a fully charged cell. I like the extended flavor and lack of any hotspot risk with the 1.5s, though it can be hard to get dark once the cell is a bit drained
It still takes me 4-6 hits on my Mi3, what stem are you using?

Vapouristo,
Reactions: arb

el sargantano

I got one more tecnique:
While spinning separate the stem a lil bit from the oven. This lets adding fresh air to the circuit and you can squeeze the trigger all the time with a non new battery.
It's a bit more waste of bat power, but worth the try...

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
Dr. WeirdBud: or the reason I stopped worrying and loved the unregulated vape

So, what can be said about the Mi3 that hasn't already been covered. I guess this is more of an appreciation post, in hopes of guiding those in the future (content for the thread is fun too, as I hover some of these threads pretty regularly and love reading everyone's thoughts).

The Mi3 is truly a work of art, and feels fantastic in the hand. Admittedly I was worried about an unregulated device, as I have only ever used a dynavap setup and a Fw7. This concern was shortly vanquished after using it for the first time. It is a dance between you and the device, and when you hit the steps perfect it will being tears to your eyes. I am able to quickly work through one bowl with a single inhale, all backed by smooth flavorful vapor. Albeit, the vapor is dry, but not hot/harsh in my experience.

This is one I leave for home due to the glass internals. Without a clear future of RBT I am terrified of breaking it. As many of you, I am assured, love the ritual that comes with vaping, this device it the very essence of that. It is one I look forward to coming home to everyday and hits O' just right 🤌.

Either way, thank you to this rbt for creating the Mi3, but also thank you to this thread for guiding me along the way!
Mi3 https://imgur.com/gallery/dqFUqDi

Shit Snacks

Thank you!!!! Hopefully it'll be serviced!

@MikeRotchHertz may also be able to help you out, and you could try reaching out to Leerbtmd at gmail .com in case there is anything he might be able to do, I don't know

Dr. WeirdBud: or the reason I stopped worrying and loved the unregulated vape

So, what can be said about the Mi3 that hasn't already been covered. I guess this is more of an appreciation post, in hopes of guiding those in the future (content for the thread is fun too, as I hover some of these threads pretty regularly and love reading everyone's thoughts).

The Mi3 is truly a work of art, and feels fantastic in the hand. Admittedly I was worried about an unregulated device, as I have only ever used a dynavap setup and a Fw7. This concern was shortly vanquished after using it for the first time. It is a dance between you and the device, and when you hit the steps perfect it will being tears to your eyes. I am able to quickly work through one bowl with a single inhale, all backed by smooth flavorful vapor. Albeit, the vapor is dry, but not hot/harsh in my experience.

This is one I leave for home due to the glass internals. Without a clear future of RBT I am terrified of breaking it. As many of you, I am assured, love the ritual that comes with vaping, this device it the very essence of that. It is one I look forward to coming home to everyday and hits O' just right 🤌.

Either way, thank you to this rbt for creating the Mi3, but also thank you to this thread for guiding me along the way!
Mi3 https://imgur.com/gallery/dqFUqDi

This is a great little write-up! Love to see it

arb

Semi shaved ape
After all the love for wood stems i just had to try one. Ed really outdid himself with this one...
I got a cocobolo 19\19 q few days ago and it is a significant step forward for the milaana and i-heat.
Like a fully adjustable basket screen without all the downside for me so far......and has not broken once.
😂

Shit Snacks

Still Milaana3 left and first to ship are going to be select grain, the best looking grain, on sale now along with Splinters and some free giveaways too, as posted on Instagram:

Screenshot-20210615-110814.png

Screenshot-20210615-110837.png

Screenshot-20210615-111014.png

Shit Snacks

So I'm using them both back to back right now, equally capable, though I actually think I prefer the Mi3... probably worth grabbing one while they're still available now, even though there will be Mi2 available later on?

PXL-20210619-005131752.jpg

Rogue Wax Works tool in Padauk, matching walnut Mi2's sapele cap and redheart pick from Uncle Mark, gotta love all Milaana!

PXL-20210619-003326614.jpg

alex91

I’m looking into buying a 2nd Milaana (I have a spalted maple Milaana 1). As far as I know all 3s are made in China and 2s are made by Ryan in US - I’ve got no problem with that, as far as QC is good. I was thinking about getting a 2 when it becomes available again in August, but I’d like to know from you guys If there is any consensus about one being better than the other. Should I go for the 2 or 3?

Thanks.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I’m looking into buying a 2nd Milaana (I have a spalted maple Milaana 1). As far as I know all 3s are made in China and 2s are made by Ryan in US - I’ve got no problem with that, as far as QC is good. I was thinking about getting a 2 when it becomes available again in August, but I’d like to know from you guys If there is any consensus about one being better than the other. Should I go for the 2 or 3?

Thanks.
I prefer the 2 and @Shit Snacks prefers the 3.

Happy to help! :brow:

Shit Snacks

Thanks.

Yeah there is no consensus, you will see varying opinions, the style is different between them for one thing... 2 is thinner, but more square, taller but with exotic wood caps (or matching walnut or sapele, other full exotics apparently coming too) the intake hole on the two is slightly larger, the 2 can be a bit more tamed, slightly slower to heat (which always depends on the battery charge level of course) the 2 heaters use a plate of mica as insulator between the steel mesh folds, the 3 uses ceramic instead... There are some other materials that are different, like copper or brass battery hatch, matte or shiny, many other aspects that are very subtle. Since these are the last of the 3, the QC is particularly excellent, each one was inspected and tested, and I think the last ones left are some select grain even, the Ipe wood is pretty gorgeous too... Oh another small thing, technically the 3 is a little easier to service, being able to unscrew the bottom, as opposed to the glued on bottom cap of the 2, but either way that shouldn't really matter, you can send them both to Uncle Mark for any repair service!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@Shit Snacks with the on demand specs as usual!

And my usual critique of the Milaana 3 being too fast is probably something I should reassess now that I'm Johnny come lately to loading the glass joint with a basket screen only as a lid. Do folks use their 3s like that with good results? Is feathering the button still required?

Top Bottom