Discontinued RBT Milaana 1, 2, 3

hinglemccringleberry

My advice would be to buy a dimpled cooling stem like the XL8R stems that RBT used to sell. The short stems don't provide adequate cooling for the big hits the Milaana 3 is capable of.
The short xL8r does a decent job cooling the vapor. I prefer it to the long one actually.. personal preference here, but I think it has just the right amount of kick and heat without being too harsh or hot. I run a extra mesh screen and cotton inside the stem, maybe that has something to do with it, or maybe it's because I smoked for so many years that very cool hits are somewhat unfulfilling. Both stems give me equal amounts of "particle cough" if I don't run a filter inside of them. Even my J-hook does. As soon as I realized that i have equal cough potential with all of these stems, I stopped being smitten with the longer stems. The shorty also takes far less time to clean.

Last edited:

Razhumikin

What are everyone's solutions for using the Milaana on the go? I really wanna bring it to the park but dont think i would feel comfortable letting it just jostle around in a backpack. Is there a good case or bag people have used that can store it and maybe a stem or two?

GetLeft

What are everyone's solutions for using the Milaana on the go? I really wanna bring it to the park but dont think i would feel comfortable letting it just jostle around in a backpack. Is there a good case or bag people have used that can store it and maybe a stem or two?

I always carried my Mi 2 in my pocket no problem. Carried a stem in the little coin pocket that I tend to find in the pants I wear. Arizer Air stem caps fit the mi stems well. But that was before I had to use ddave's difuser stem / adapter set up (my lungs can't handle the og Milaana stems anymore). I couldn't carry my 3 like that, though. It's too bulky. I'm sure you could find a box laying around somewhere that you could fit with some foam for holding things in place.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Search Amazon for hard shell camera cases

NimChimpsky

Just had my first run! Very much enjoying it so far. My friend gifted me some Super Skunk she grew to test out and the taste through this vape was superb (and I've tried this strain through a couple other devices before this arrived). This is my first unregulated device (other than butane driven) so I've been taking her easy as I refine my technique, no scorching or anything so far. I enjoy the manual aspect to it, feeling your way through the hit. It's also quite a stunning piece, imo it's the most beautiful of all my wood vapes. Thanks for the tips on the stems folks, the Phineas/XL8R/wpa w/ j hook all cool the vapor very nicely. Looking forward to more fun through the long weekend! :peace:

Last edited:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Just had my first run! Very much enjoying it so far. My friend gifted me some Super Skunk she grew to test out and the taste through this vape was superb (and I've tried this strain through a couple other devices before this arrived). This is my first unregulated device (other than butane driven) so I've been taking her easy as I refine my technique, no scorching or anything so far. I enjoy the manual aspect to it, feeling your way through the hit. It's also quite a stunning piece, imo it's the most beautiful of all my wood vapes. Thanks for the tips on the stems folks, the Phineas/XL8R/wpa w/ j hook all cool the vapor very nicely. Looking forward to more fun through the long weekend! :peace:
Lovely grain on that Milaana3. Thanks for sharing the picture. It's nice to get a peek at other set up, I hadn't thought of using that adapter in a J hook, and that is a great idea.

NimChimpsky

Thanks @Madri-Gal :) I was actually just loading up my Mi3 and admiring the grain and craftsmanship myself. My compliments to the chef @leerbtmd and thanks to you for getting it shipped so quickly. Used it almost exclusively this weekend.

Yea ymmv but I find the wpa w/ j hook to have the best balance of cooling and flavor preservation (though both the cooling stems are also great). Plus, I prefer to use this and the TM upside down since I'm a little OCD about herb falling out onto the heater once it dries out after a couple hits (though I think both vapes are designed so well its really an irrational concern).
Gotta say, I'm loving the heater on this device so much that I decided to grab a Splinter V2 while they are still available. The idea of having temp control was too good to pass up (though I do love the unregulated with Mi3), plus I already have all these 19/19 stems, right? :freak:

Got a Lost Vape Grus modded with Arctic Fox from @FearAndLawyering along with one of his 510 bases (thank you again). Looking forward to trying those out later this or next week, will def give my thoughts in the Splinter thread!

Shit Snacks

Thanks @Madri-Gal :) I was actually just loading up my Mi3 and admiring the grain and craftsmanship myself. My compliments to the chef @leerbtmd and thanks to you for getting it shipped so quickly. Used it almost exclusively this weekend.

Yeah you got some nice knots in there!

Yea ymmv but I find the wpa w/ j hook to have the best balance of cooling and flavor preservation (though both the cooling stems are also great). Plus, I prefer to use this and the TM upside down since I'm a little OCD about herb falling out onto the heater once it dries out after a couple hits (though I think both vapes are designed so well its really an irrational concern).

:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

Gotta say, I'm loving the heater on this device so much that I decided to grab a Splinter V2 while they are still available. The idea of having temp control was too good to pass up (though I do love the unregulated with Mi3), plus I already have all these 19/19 stems, right? :freak:

Oh awesome! You'll have a lot of fun with that one too for sure

Got a Lost Vape Grus modded with Arctic Fox from @FearAndLawyering along with one of his 510 bases (thank you again). Looking forward to trying those out later this or next week, will def give my thoughts in the Splinter thread!

Oooh also a good pickup, his stuff looks great, I'll be looking forward to your thoughts over there!

Razhumikin

Does anybody have any tips on cleaning the inside of the glass tube of the milaana? My wife decided to not listen to my advice of "you need to learn how to use it with a short stem first," took way too big of a hit and coughed hard into the stem, spreading bud all over the chamber. I was able to clean almost all of it but a tiny amount of flower got stuck between screen at the bottom and the glass tube, and I cant extricate with a brush or tweezers. Any tips, or should I just resign myself to living with this tiny imperfection? Hopefully it wont end up being a big deal but I am a little afraid its gonna get scorched during use and start ruining the flavor.

FearAndLawyering

Does anybody have any tips on cleaning the inside of the glass tube of the milaana? My wife decided to not listen to my advice of "you need to learn how to use it with a short stem first," took way too big of a hit and coughed hard into the stem, spreading bud all over the chamber. I was able to clean almost all of it but a tiny amount of flower got stuck between screen at the bottom and the glass tube, and I cant extricate with a brush or tweezers. Any tips, or should I just resign myself to living with this tiny imperfection? Hopefully it wont end up being a big deal but I am a little afraid its gonna get scorched during use and start ruining the flavor.
it’s not coming out probably. the screen is friction fit in there and if it comes out you’re gonna have a bad time. air compressor? ‘keyboard brush kit’ might help. pretty much all used RBT devices have crumbs down in there, just inevitable

SquirrelMaster

I've had the odd flecks fall off in mine and I'll hold the device upside down and scratch at it with my Elev8r pick tool which gets most of them out. If you have flecks that are really lodged in there I'd just keep using the device as normal and then try picking at it again in the future once they cook more and aren't so sticky. I doubt they'll affect flavour much, if at all. If you have a compressor (I'd avoid compressed air) you could also give a few shorts blasts towards the bowl or even the intake hole, just make sure you have a good grip on your Milaana so it doesn't go flying.

Vapouristo

Vapouristo Extraordinaire IG: @Vapouristo
Company Rep
This is my first post in this thread I believe. I have a Milaana 3 en route from @futo_derek on Instagram (He is the Canadian source for RBT)! I have an understanding of its construction and how to achieve satisfying results. I also understand that if I am initially unsatisfied, I need to focus on technique, as with many convection vaporizers. I intend to start slow to avoid inadvertent combustion, but I'm wondering what special techniques of tricks in order to use the Mi3 for speed bowls.

I like how all I need for a quick sesh on the go is a grinder or small container and I can vacuum up all the goodness with the stem, and blow it out when I'm done. Suction-Powered Handsfree reloading :haw:!!

But yeah, I intend to get the fastest extraction possible, so any tips, advice, or simply what you do to achieve said result. I was told that cooling stems are a MUST for big rips

I feel confident I can sip and feather the heat to take my time with bowls since I can ease into a low temp. Conversely, I feel like one/two-hitter bowls are a bit trickier to achieve a dense, satisfying hit, while simultaniously avoiding combusting and irritation.

EDIT: the above is all speculative since the Mi3 is not yet in my hands. Please enlighten me.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
This is my first post in this thread I believe. I have a Milaana 3 en route from @futo_derek on Instagram (He is the Canadian source for RBT)! I have an understanding of its construction and how to achieve satisfying results. I also understand that if I am initially unsatisfied, I need to focus on technique, as with many convection vaporizers. I intend to start slow to avoid inadvertent combustion, but I'm wondering what special techniques of tricks in order to use the Mi3 for speed bowls.

I like how all I need for a quick sesh on the go is a grinder or small container and I can vacuum up all the goodness with the stem, and blow it out when I'm done. Suction-Powered Handsfree reloading :haw:!!

But yeah, I intend to get the fastest extraction possible, so any tips, advice, or simply what you do to achieve said result. I was told that cooling stems are a MUST for big rips

I feel confident I can sip and feather the heat to take my time with bowls since I can ease into a low temp. Conversely, I feel like one/two-hitter bowls are a bit trickier to achieve a dense, satisfying hit, while simultaniously avoiding combusting and irritation.

EDIT: the above is all speculative since the Mi3 is not yet in my hands. Please enlighten me.
Others here will give more complete answer to you; my limited M3 experience would suggest that if you are doing long/strong hits you should consider rotating the stem a little bit between hits or during the hit, giving a more even exposure to the heater in order to prevent hot-spotting. I don't do long hits often, so I tend to rotate the stem a third of a turn or so in between hits.

Shit Snacks

Ugh I hate that, part of why I don't really share them anymore (I mean I would I guess if I had a wife, but I would have to trust her lol) You can try using toothpick and even more finely a steel needle, but you will need to be very careful... It really shouldn't be a big deal, but yeah it is an unfortunate little design flaw, not being able to fully clean like that... Another reason to use it upside down on a jayhook instead! Always remove the vape before clearing the bowl

Haha yeah you're just going to have to get it in your hands, and develop a feel for it, I recommend using nothing else but it, if you are able to... A short stem without any cooling is a good way to get a sense of the heat and extraction, but yeah curved stems and jayhooks I like even better than expect stems personally! The way to do one to two hitter bowls, would be on a fresh battery, and you'll want to go harder on the button and ride the edge of combustion, so you're really going to want to hone your technique first! But it also depends how much you pack, load only enough to cover the screen and pack it down, should be able to kill that in one or two hits with less risk...

Vapouristo

Company Rep
Haha yeah you're just going to have to get it in your hands, and develop a feel for it, I recommend using nothing else but it, if you are able to... A short stem without any cooling is a good way to get a sense of the heat and extraction, but yeah curved stems and jayhooks I like even better than expect stems personally! The way to do one to two hitter bowls, would be on a fresh battery, and you'll want to go harder on the button and ride the edge of combustion, so you're really going to want to hone your technique first! But it also depends how much you pack, load only enough to cover the screen and pack it down, should be able to kill that in one or two hits with less risk...
Others here will give more complete answer to you; my limited M3 experience would suggest that if you are doing long/strong hits you should consider rotating the stem a little bit between hits or during the hit, giving a more even exposure to the heater in order to prevent hot-spotting. I don't do long hits often, so I tend to rotate the stem a third of a turn or so in between hits.
Oh yeah, I suppose I have no choice but to start slow otherwise I'll be cleaning tar out of my new unit. it sounds like you essentially throttle the heat in relation to the airflow (first and foremost) as well as the pack size and grind consistency. I'm ready and willing to put in some practice to get the result I'm looking for. I like the idea of filling multiple screens for back to back speed bowls. I love 1-2 hit extractions, but I hate reloading, so I need to find the right balance of load size, heat throttling, and draw intensity once I have the unit with me.

with the small stem, I assume its easier to adapt your technique to changing circumstances and environmental variables (be it semi-full battery, cold weather, wet bud, dry bud) because its right inside your mouth? Once I learn how to adapt to changing variables without combustion, then I assume it would be safe to venture into the badlands of near-combustion roasting.

NimChimpsky

Ugh I hate that, part of why I don't really share them anymore (I mean I would I guess if I had a wife, but I would have to trust her lol)
My SO was eyeing my new Mi3 last night and asked for a bowl.. :ninja: this is the first device I haven't voluntarily offered her a bowl in lol. I just held the j hook up for her and operated the button myself :rofl: I'd trust her with my life but not an unregulated vape lol (jk she could learn it of course but I know she won't be interested in operating this one). It's ironic, she's always drawn to the pretty ones like this and my Aromatizers but uses the Mighty almost exclusively (which I'm cool with lol). I just got done cleaning the CU for her and it makes me appreciate how easy cleaning is with these glass stem based vapes! And yea, using it upside down with j hooks and removing the device before clearing minimizes any concern with getting the inside dirty from my experience.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Oh yeah, I suppose I have no choice but to start slow otherwise I'll be cleaning tar out of my new unit. it sounds like you essentially throttle the heat in relation to the airflow (first and foremost) as well as the pack size and grind consistency. I'm ready and willing to put in some practice to get the result I'm looking for. I like the idea of filling multiple screens for back to back speed bowls. I love 1-2 hit extractions, but I hate reloading, so I need to find the right balance of load size, heat throttling, and draw intensity once I have the unit with me.

with the small stem, I assume its easier to adapt your technique to changing circumstances and environmental variables (be it semi-full battery, cold weather, wet bud, dry bud) because its right inside your mouth? Once I learn how to adapt to changing variables without combustion, then I assume it would be safe to venture into the badlands of near-combustion roasting.

Yeah speaking of, always insert loaded stem, with Mi upside down, I also take the first hit upside down regardless, to seat the load so then it flipped back it will not fall, no herbs will fall to the heater screen... Best to use a consistent medium fine grind, gentle tamp, and yeah the biggest variable is going to be the button, that will control basically how it heats for you, keep your draw and pack consistent, so then the speed of how fast it heats will be dependent on your battery level, so on a fresh battery use the button by holding down for a few seconds, then letting go for a few seconds, then holding it down again, letting go again, drawing the entire time. As battery gets low, you hold the button down longer to compensate...

Vapouristo

Company Rep
Yeah speaking of, always insert loaded stem, with Mi upside down, I also take the first hit upside down regardless, to seat the load so then it flipped back it will not fall, no herbs will fall to the heater screen... Best to use a consistent medium fine grind, gentle tamp, and yeah the biggest variable is going to be the button, that will control basically how it heats for you, keep your draw and pack consistent, so then the speed of how fast it heats will be dependent on your battery level, so on a fresh battery use the button by holding down for a few seconds, then letting go for a few seconds, then holding it down again, letting go again, drawing the entire time. As battery gets low, you hold the button down longer to compensate...
sounds like a brainer, but entirely intuitive. I've read an analogy comparing the Milaana to 80s supercars, and based on your advice, this analogy tracks. 1980s Ferraris are bitching, powerful as fuck, but a bitch to drive. That is until you learn how to drive a stick, and then every variable of the Supercar (Milaana) becomes entirely under your control, albeit to a somewhat imprecise degree.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

I own around 10 or so RBT devices and I can assure you that a) this will always happen so don't blame your wife, you would have eventually trapped some there anyway; and b) it only affects your OCD.

Dreuft

What do you like about the wood stem compared to a glass one?
Unbrackable, vapor is cooler and the feeling of the wood in the mouth compared to glass is better. I lack vocabulary in English, sorry, but for me it's way better this way. (oh and I don't need any basket , just a screen a the bottom of the stem and I'm good).

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
Unbrackable, vapor is cooler and the feeling of the wood in the mouth compared to glass is better. I lack vocabulary in English, sorry, but for me it's way better this way. (oh and I don't need any basket , just a screen a the bottom of the stem and I'm good).
I don't use a basket in any of my vapes either.
Takes minimal practice to get it down and is not as touchy as I thought it was gonna be.
Still hoping for some type of a desktop from Ryan.
👍🏿

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I don't think I've ever used the glass stems for the Milaana3, or my Splinter. I got a few wood stem from @Ed's TnT , and a few more from KG Woodcraft. I can use all but one as WPA, and I don't worry about breaking the stems. Got a wooden whip adapter/whip/mouthpiece from @Ed's TnT as well, and can use with Milaana3, Splinter, Arizer EQ, etc. Not worrying about glass breakage makes me happy.

Top Bottom