LesPlenty

Company Rep
How do you mod it to go To higher temps?
Too many pages here and the search function is less than helpful so here is a link where I did mine, I don't do concentrates in the Plenty as I have proper concentrate vapes but the extra top heat would help for sure,

felvapes

I was about to reply similar to @LesPlenty as we have both done the mod
You cut the tab off inside on the dial like an old lighter to make the flame go bigger
Let's you turn it up to a higher temp
I can get full extraction now with the plenty and much darker avb than prior
It now hits like I wanted it too without relying on lots of weed to do so

I also have moved on to ballers now though and my xl can smash big loads if wanted but quickly

TboneToker

Too many pages here and the search function is less than helpful so here is a link where I did mine, I don't do concentrates in the Plenty as I have proper concentrate vapes but the extra top heat would help for sure,
Thank you! Do I need any special tools/screwdrivers for opening the plenty and should I open it carefully/like should it be flat and secure so nothing falls out or is everything secured?

I‘ve never modded anything so this would be new to me.

Just tried to open the plenty here but I don’t know what kind of screwdriver this is that we need to open it? I have a ton of different screwdrivers of all kinds and sizes but I don’t know if I have this one?? I’ts like a six sided star but the center is filled in?

I was about to reply similar to @LesPlenty as we have both done the mod
You cut the tab off inside on the dial like an old lighter to make the flame go bigger
Let's you turn it up to a higher temp
I can get full extraction now with the plenty and much darker avb than prior
It now hits like I wanted it too without relying on lots of weed to do so

I also have moved on to ballers now though and my xl can smash big loads if wanted but quickly
I would love to try “baller” vapes (you’re referring to the ones that use glass/ruby/etc/beads right? I just don’t have the funds to invest into that at the moment though!

I have a cloud evo but all of our screen bowls are broken for it and so are all of our quartz nails so it’s out of commission unless we can find some more bowls/nails.

Last edited by a moderator:

felvapes

I would love to try “baller” vapes (you’re referring to the ones that use glass/ruby/etc/beads right? I just don’t have the funds to invest into that at the moment though!

I have a cloud evo but all of our screen bowls are broken for it and so are all of our quartz nails so it’s out of commission unless we can find some more bowls/nails.
You need a torx screwdriver set to open the plenty
Read up on the way we did the mod first to get an idea

There are cheap options for ballers now
You could get in for $200 or less these days with some options
Any baller will ball to get you going

TboneToker

You need a torx screwdriver set to open the plenty
Read up on the way we did the mod first to get an idea

There are cheap options for ballers now
You could get in for $200 or less these days with some options
Any baller will ball to get you going
Hey I have a lot of Torx screwdrivers but they don’t seem to fit?? Like the middle part of the six pointed star is filled in so there’s no room for the torx? Am I doing something wrong?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I’ts like a six sided star but the center is filled in?
It is a security Torx bit, I purchased a specific driver to do the job even though I have multiple screwdriver sets, you need the T10,
unless we can find some more bowls/nails.
A few spares are still available here,

I've been thinking of doing the 'turbo' mod on my own Plenty, but I'm wondering something...

https://flic.kr/p/2ofo77i
My Plenty (bought in late 2018) already reaches temps in excess of 220°C (at least according to the dial). Is this unusual? Did they revise them at any point to reach slightly hotter? Looking at people who've modded their units, they seem impressed with temps only slightly above mine, so now I'm wondering if it's even worth me bothering.

felvapes

I've been thinking of doing the 'turbo' mod on my own Plenty, but I'm wondering something...

https://flic.kr/p/2ofo77i
My Plenty (bought in late 2018) already reaches temps in excess of 220°C (at least according to the dial). Is this unusual? Did they revise them at any point to reach slightly hotter? Looking at people who've modded their units, they seem impressed with temps only slightly above mine, so now I'm wondering if it's even worth me bothering.
I have a newer model like you do (few years old now though)
Mine is supposed to get hotter than @LesPlenty model
However Les and I compared avb pics a few times and saw little difference
Yours and mine get hotter and go to full temp on the dial as your pic shows from stock

Mine needle now goes to almost a vertical position on the dial at full temp
I get about two and a half extra heat settings on the dial now - 8, 9, 9&1/2
I think it gets to 250/260 if there were digits on the dial to represent the temp

It is definitely a noticeable performance boost
My plenty never fully extracted like I wanted - now it does and the avb is completely spent with a hard hit to match
Maybe I should do a video sometime of it, a reason to bring the beasty out again as it's been a little neglected due to ballers

I will say I am not sure if any safety and off gassing concerns are apparent with the plastic and higher temps
I have had no issues with it, but the thought crossed my mind as to this may be why S&B devices all do not extract fully or get as hot as other vapes
Possibly the plastic could off gas at temps higher than what they set at factory

That is just conjecture though and my plenty has not melted yet as a result of modding (also hasn't been used as much though because - ballers)

Anyway, if you are not concerned about possible safety issues, or about your warranty - I do rate the temperature mod on the plenty highly
Turns a strong vape into a spacey beast

ChooChooCharlie

Dr. Arno Hazekamp is a member of there "are no haze camp," just Bedrocan. He's a Medical patient cannabis researcher, not recreational. Storz hired him. S&B wanted to be recognized as medical device provider. Dr. Hazekamp believes 210C should be maximum, for patient dosage and safety reasons.

I posted this link in Mighty thread couple years ago. Vapormed is the medical division of S&B:

I really don't think S&B limited temp for any plastic related issue. I believe they were trying to adhere consistently to the max recommendation from Dr. Hazekamp. Plenty was released shortly after his research. Mighty Medic, Mighty and Crafty also max at that magic number
Edit: spelling and apologies to the good doctor with good intentions

Last edited:

felvapes

Dr. Arno Hazekamp is a member of there "are no haze camp," just Bedrocan. He's a Medical pateint cannabis researcher, not recreational. Storz hired him. S&B wanted to be recognized as medical device provider. Dr. Hazekamp believes 210C should be maximum, for patient dosage and safety reasons.

I posted this link in Mighty thread couple years ago. Vapormed is the medical division of S&B:

I really don't think S&B limited temp for any plastic related issue. I believe they were trying to adhere consistently to the max recommendation from Dr. Hazekamp. Plenty was released shortly after his research. Mighty Medic, Mighty and Crafty also max at that magic number
Okay cheers 🙂
I have always wondered what exactly the reason was as all their devices top out at the same lower temp to other brands devices
I have mentioned in the past that I also thought it may be due to medical cert reasons because I remember I read the original med cert mighty only went to 360 but the commercial mighty went high as the rest of the product line (both the medic and commercial version now goes to the same temp)

I was never sure if it was as you just described or as a result of plastic off gassing temperatures, but had always assumed it was to do with medical certification regardless
Cheers for the post and link, explains what I suspected but with less concerns around the higher temps with a modded unit

TboneToker

Then why does the volcano reach higher temps?

Like if they’re going to follow a rule then they should follow it. But the volcano reaches nice temps of around 436 if memory serves.

Ps are the ~$200 baller vapes really good still? And what are they called? Can you give me a list of some good baller vapes or direct me to a chat/thread for this? Thank you!

As a side note, what do you like so much about baller vapes? What’s different about them compared to say the Vapexhale Cloud EVO and the Plenty or Mighty

felvapes

Then why does the volcano reach higher temps?

Like if they’re going to follow a rule then they should follow it. But the volcano reaches nice temps of around 436 if memory serves.

Ps are the ~$200 baller vapes really good still? And what are they called? Can you give me a list of some good baller vapes or direct me to a chat/thread for this? Thank you!

As a side note, what do you like so much about baller vapes? What’s different about them compared to say the Vapexhale Cloud EVO and the Plenty or Mighty
I have expensive ballers and cheap ballers and diy ballers
They all extract fully and ball once dialled in
Some designs work more efficiently than others - but every baller I have completely extracts and hits like a baller once tuned in

So if you are on a budget I would have no concerns about the cheap ballers from AliExpress
The latest version from b2cvape is pretty impressive for the price range

felvapes,
Reactions: Vitolo
Decided to open up my Plenty tonight to perform the turbo mod, pulled out all the screws, then realised that to pull the 2 halves apart, I'd need to pry off the domed stickers (Plenty logo and caution label).

I promptly put the screws back in as I didn't want to damage them (my Plenty is more or less pristine, having had next to no use). Maybe I'll do it when I can take more care with prying them off. I'm kind of weird in that any imperfections incessantly bother me (the lightest of scratches on the cover of the temp gauge are still an irritation).

It sticks back on with no trouble (lots of goo to start with), mine still looks the same after re-attachment.
Well, I did it.

https://flic.kr/p/2ofWg3P
Whereas before the temp gauge was at the L in BICKEL, it's now hovering between the I & C. Sometimes it's almost to the B.

EDIT: I've since had it go well past the B.

When I opened it up, I didn't know how best to remove the 3 connectors on the power button. I couldn't find any explanation for how others did so and I was scared I'd damage it. Unable to remove the whole assembly, and being impatient by nature, I ended up cutting the metal part in situ with a pair of wire cutters. It was a very rough job and I wouldn't recommend it.

...But it works
I've still not got any product to test it with (I need to wait until mid April before I can get hold of any), but based on the experience of others I'm sure it'll be good. Though I'm sure it smells different at the higher temps....hope that's not a bad sign.

I've seen others dub it the 'Plenty Turbo', but I think we're overlooking a really obvious name for it. The 'Plenty More' ;)

Last edited:

felvapes

Well, I did it.

https://flic.kr/p/2ofWg3P
Whereas before the temp gauge was at the L in BICKEL, it's now hovering between the I & C. Sometimes it's almost to the B.

When I opened it up, I didn't know how best to remove the 3 connectors on the power button. I couldn't find any explanation for how others did so and I was scared I'd damage it. Unable to remove the whole assembly, and being impatient by nature, I ended up cutting the metal part in situ with a pair of wire cutters. It was a very rough job and I wouldn't recommend it.

...But it works
I've still not got any product to test it with (I need to wait until mid April before I can get hold of any), but based on the experience of others I'm sure it'll be good. Though I'm sure it smells different at the higher temps....hope that's not a bad sign.

I've seen others dub it the 'Plenty Turbo', but I think we're overlooking a really obvious name for it. The 'Plenty More' ;)
I also cut the tab while the wires were in situ
I didn't want to break anything trying to pull apart as the clips seemed very stuck
I was able to move things out the way and get it cut, then used a file to get the burrs
Hadn't noticed any smell - will have to pull mine out and check now
Only thing that always concerned me about S&B was all the plastic

Anyone who did this mod have issues with the dial getting stiff to turn? Seems to fluctuate a lot.

Possibly down to the haphazard way I went about cutting that metal tab. It took quite a few attempts to ensure it wasn't catching as it turned, and I may have slightly bent it in the process.

If I get some insight on how to take it apart fully, I can have a look at the piece and possibly straighten it out.

felvapes

Anyone who did this mod have issues with the dial getting stiff to turn? Seems to fluctuate a lot.

Possibly down to the haphazard way I went about cutting that metal tab. It took quite a few attempts to ensure it wasn't catching as it turned, and I may have slightly bent it in the process.

If I get some insight on how to take it apart fully, I can have a look at the piece and possibly straighten it out.
Funny enough before doing the mod my dial could be hard to turn sometimes from factory (usually from 6-7 on the dial)
Since modding it turns freely now

Funny enough before doing the mod my dial could be hard to turn sometimes from factory (usually from 6-7 on the dial)
Since modding it turns freely now
WELP! Guess I'm going to need to pull everything apart to investigate what I did to cause this. Might need to hammer it flat or file it down.

Hopefully someone who disconnected those 3 connectors from the power switch can chime in on how it's done.

WELP! Guess I'm going to need to pull everything apart to investigate what I did to cause this. Might need to hammer it flat or file it down.

Hopefully someone who disconnected those 3 connectors from the power switch can chime in on how it's done.
Seeing as I'm not getting any replies so far, I may just leave it as it is. I don't want to risk tugging those 3 connectors if there's some hidden knack to removing them.

The dial loosens up when it gets hot anyway, so the way I see it, if I start off at 4-6 every time, by the time I'm ready to get max extraction at the end it'll turn smoothly by then regardless.

It's not ideal though, so if anyone remembers how to remove those 3 connectors, it'd be greatly appreciated.

GnomeChongski,
Reactions: LesPlenty
To disconnect the wires from the switch, use a small screwdriver to pry the connectors.
Hey, thanks for getting back to me! It was your photos I followed when performing this mod.

So just to clarify, I'd use a screwdriver to lever the 3 individual plastic housings from underneath them? There's no plastic tabs on the housings themselves I'm meant to open?

GnomeChongski,
Reactions: LesPlenty

TboneToker

To disconnect the wires from the switch, use a small screwdriver to pry the connectors.
I just used my hands it was not too bad except one of them didn’t want to come undone took a lot of force. I wouldn’t recommend it But I sort of would recommend it because it worked. Lol

Sidenote question
Does anyone here have both a modded plenty and a Hybrid Volcano and or anyone here tried both? Can you tell me the differences and all.

Also I’ve heard the hybrid volcano is really low maintenance somehow (it keeps itself clean I guess) is this true?

Last edited:
Top Bottom