martinstraka8282

Thanks to the feedback in this thread, I did the dial mod this weekend. Holy snikies what a difference it makes. This vape just moved up a notch. It had me and my friend blasted quickly last night and was filling the bong with huge milky clouds. Nice evenly cooked, dark avb after.

I found it super simple to take apart once you have the right hex security bit. I did find mine was a bit tight for getting the bit in the holes because it was from a universal screwdriver and a bit wide, but it's doable. Easier time if you have a regular T10 security driver with less diameter. I found the 3 plugs came out pretty easily with some needle nose pliers and a little leverage. Then I was able to remove the orange trigger assembly easily and pull the main heater out from the body. As suggested on another forum (maybe here too, but didn't read the whole thread), I didn't pull out the piece, but rather just clipped off and filed down the one tab that prevents the dial from turning above 7.

All in all was probably 10-15 minutes and well worth it imo. It's not just about getting hotter for the peak, but having a longer window at high heat imo. Now you can have a nice back and forth session with a bud for a few minutes without sitting there popping the trigger a bunch.

To make a quick suggestion.. I've seen some discussion about using a 14mm piece down in the neck to replace the SS coil and seems to fit decently. I did try the 14mm end into it and felt like it fit okay, but I didn't have a 14mm male to 14mm male to use. I did have a bunch of straight 3-5 inch long dynavap glass stems where one end the dynavap slides in, so it's just a smooth, open glass end and the other is a 14mm male end. You can find them super cheap. The non 14mm end fits like a glove in the silicone piece and neck of the loading chamber. It's a better fit than the 14mm piece I tried into it and imo looks more elegant to have the smooth, clear glass to the base of the chamber and just a 14mm male at the top. Now I can hit it with either my J hook, bubbler tube, or the whip with a 14mm female to the Plenty and 14mm male into my bong. I'd post a pic, but it doesn't seem as simple on this forum.

Last edited:

martinstraka8282

Just to follow up on my last post. These are the dyna stems I was referring to that slide in perfectly to replace the SS coil, if you use the little silicone piece from the SS coil over the glass wand. Very elegant look imo to have the clear glass into the loading chamber and a 14mm male end sticking up. J hook, bubbler, or bong with a whip all instant options.

Last edited:

angular ocelot

well, i modded the plenty and am very satisfied with the results. mainly use with the chamber reducer but without caps. i also removed the mouthpiece and replaced with a 14mm glass connector from a magic flight bubbler (these bits always come in handy!) and use through water.
thanks to all on the threadfor the advice.

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
well, i modded the plenty and am very satisfied with the results. mainly use with the chamber reducer but without caps. i also removed the mouthpiece and replaced with a 14mm glass connector from a magic flight bubbler (these bits always come in handy!) and use through water.
thanks to all on the threadfor the advice.

I need to get in on this modding for the Plenty it seems. I got one used for a great price ($85 IIRC?) a couple years and I've been overall a little let down - it definitely has its place as a party vape but the temperature along with always having to click the button was a bit of a pain for the return of the vapor I was getting.

Sounds like a neat little project!

martinstraka8282

I need to get in on this modding for the Plenty it seems. I got one used for a great price ($85 IIRC?) a couple years and I've been overall a little let down - it definitely has its place as a party vape but the temperature along with always having to click the button was a bit of a pain for the return of the vapor I was getting.

Sounds like a neat little project!
I use a velcro strap with a through hole on it strapped around the handle so that it just automatically clicks repeatedly. Some others I've seen use an elastic. Then I treat the power cord as the true on/off switch.

Edit: The nice part about this solution is if you don't want it temporarily, you can just slide the velcro strap to the bottom of the handle, you don't even need to take off the velcro.

Last edited:

martinstraka8282

S&B changed the 'Dead Man's Switch' so you have to keep pulling the trigger so you cannot simply bypass it. Not sure if the units stayed this way but they did for a while at least.:2c:
Really? Thats kinda lame, but I get it I guess. Safety first and all that lol. I can't remember when I bought mine exactly but can't be more than 2 years old, and thankfully it is fine with the velcro continuously activating the switch.

martinstraka8282,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
S&B changed the 'Dead Man's Switch' so you have to keep pulling the trigger so you cannot simply bypass it. Not sure if the units stayed this way but they did for a while at least.:2c:
Sadly my unit is this way. No Velcro/releasable zip ties for my unit, just tactile responses from the unit which for a while made it feel inconsistent. I've got the hang of it now though, especially after reading through here about how it cools down for a bit :)

That said, I checked out the mod and while I can't do the heating mod yet due to the security Torx, I did try out the nippling tech for the top screen (using the reducer chamber made it nice and easy), as well as someone suggested adding the orange housing to the Plenty then putting the filling chamber in after.

Between those two I added a nice hefty few layers (probably only .5g or so) set at temp 7 and it has been nice! It's been going for a good 20 minutes (10 rips or so?) of Tenet with no end in sight, using a water pipe with a BB9 stem and a little silicone. The piece itself is fairly restricted which doesn't stack vapor in it but it does put out a lot consistently which is the next best thing for me. Definitely one of the better Plenty sessions I've had! I've mostly used it as a portable desktop/party vape but it always felt somewhat inconsistent compared to a Volcano bag. Part of it is that I don't use the coil anymore but usually shorter mouthpieces so it ends up being harsh native. And for glass despite the long sessions it never seemed to have enough vapor to make it satisfying (I have a lot of pieces but most are either high airflow or somewhat chug-ish, but the one I'm using now is restricted but consistent. Clearing it is almost more restricted than when being hit with the Plenty some phenomenon of pressure!

If I can keep up this performance it's back in business! I mean it is regardless I have a nice spot set up for it in my living room for movies and music :) Probably at 30ish rips now maybe another 45 mins and still kicking strong but maybe near the end by now! I've got some Tang Breath going, nice dense and frosty purple but very crumbly. I've had about 4g of concentrate of the same strain too, totally on accident! Getting heady now and I'm rambling, this is good!

whateverman

I don't get it, i keep feeding this hog, but it doesn't get fatter - what am i doing wrong?
Maybe it needs a chamber extension....
That was my experience as well with the Plenty. Lots of herb yields just thin and short vapor. I'm not a S&B fan, sorry.

whateverman,

Friend Man

I don't get it, i keep feeding this hog, but it doesn't get fatter - what am i doing wrong?
Maybe it needs a chamber extension....
what finally worked for me was using the reducer chamber and caps. I just go straight in at full strength and get 3 or 4 huge clouds and a bunch of smaller clouds from about 0.3 g

whateverman

what finally worked for me was using the reducer chamber and caps. I just go straight in at full strength and get 3 or 4 huge clouds and a bunch of smaller clouds from about 0.3 g

That is really inefficient. It's not 2011 anymore. I cannot recommend this vape to almost no one.

whateverman,

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
Well some people like feeding hogs without the intention of eating them later...i'll keep feeding it till it clogs up
- almost there lol 4 real it needs a deep clean...

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The Plenty shines as long as you have access to lots of pot, unless you get a puck like this when you finish a bowl, you have not fed your hog enough to find out why it is called the 'Plenty',
img_20200611_102036-jpg.19068

Fill it like this if you do not have a 24mm socket to use as a mold,
img_20190417_165604-2-jpg.22615

If you still cannot get decent vapor, hack the unit for a higher max temp.:tup:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Vitolo

howie105

Different users, different types of use. I parked my Plenty into a specific use slot (party vape) where its design and capabilities really shine. When I got it I tried it in different slots where it just wasn't the right device because its design and capabilities didn't shine.

martinstraka8282

I don't see how it's "inefficient". Sure, it needs a solid pack because of bowl size, but you're still getting out of it what you put in to it. It's not like it's escaping in to thin air or cooking away on a conduction heater.

It's no more or less "efficient" than a Volcano or a ball vape imo and is absolutely a heavy hitter I consider competitive with the best. The Arizer EQ's have gotten a lot of love, but as a former owner, I think the plenty is better. I'm sure the chamber reducer can be used to reduce bowl size, but I've always just used concentrate pads in that scenario.

Another plug for the mods though. This thing is at another level with the 3 below imo.

-Supercharged to increase heat ceiling. More importantly, a longer window at the higher heat settings.

- SS coil swapped out for a glass wand with 14mm attachment. Some do the double ended 14mm male adapters, I prefer the clear glass Dynavap wands with 14mm one end, smooth glass at the other that slides right in.

-Velcro strap for handle to keep it clicked. Not all units can do this apparently.

A 3D printed stand can also be a decent addition, but I actually prefer it just laid on its side with the 3 silicone bumbers since I don't use the SS coil.

Last edited:

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
I'd guess the original designer had mostly mediocre outdoor for developing, considering the time period in germany...
With some weaker strains in the 5-10% region it makes no sense to me to load bowls under 1g - and in that region there ain't much competition in the market

Top Bottom