the plastic housing come out with the plug...individually.
try not to get just the plastic but the plug itself
if you touch the screwdriver to the switch contacts, the 3 plugs comes out fine
Thanks, that did the job, though like with Tbone above, one of them would not budge. Thankfully I was able to maneuver the orange handle out of the way once both others were pulled off.

But after all that, it turns out there was nothing at all about what I did with the metal piece causing the dial to be difficult to turn. Total mystery. The metal cylinder turns just fine on its own. It's only when the plastic dial is connected there's resistance for some reason. So the best I could do is put a little vaseline on the contact point for the dial and close it up. It's marginally improved but not perfect. Just one of those things I guess.

So much for keeping my Plenty pristine. Seems it's really not designed to be opened repeatedly. It's hard to see, but the moulded screw hole mount indicated in the photo has developed a crack.

https://flic.kr/p/2og4nmx
No idea when it actually happened. Oh well. Guess I need to stop being so fussy about these things.

Just something for any future tinkerers to be aware of. Do not overtighten that particular screw!

TboneToker

I notice some people say they use 3-5g of cannabis in their plenty, might I ask HOW?

My plenty is full at around .8 to 1.3g?

EDIT my plenty dial also has a hard time turning after modding. Though it already had a hard time turning before at 3-4 on the dial.

Last edited:
EDIT my plenty dial also has a hard time turning after modding. Though it already had a hard time turning before at 3-4 on the dial.
In my case, it turned out to be nothing at all to do with how I'd cut the metal tab, but rather how the orange dial was sitting in the housing. I've fiddled with it a bit since my post earlier and now it's as smooth as butter (at least for now).

If you're 100% sure there's no issue with clearance on the metal piece, it might be worth investigating.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Just something for any future tinkerers to be aware of. Do not overtighten that particular screw!
Allow me to correct?:D
Never over-tighten any bolt or nut or anything:tup::rockon:
I will add...especially with plastic!
My dial was a bit stiffer than usual to start with after the mod but it wears into smooth eventually.
I notice some people say they use 3-5g of cannabis in their plenty,
Use a 24mm socket to load and just keep tamping,
1652930783639-png.36954

TboneToker

In my case, it turned out to be nothing at all to do with how I'd cut the metal tab, but rather how the orange dial was sitting in the housing. I've fiddled with it a bit since my post earlier and now it's as smooth as butter (at least for now).

If you're 100% sure there's no issue with clearance on the metal piece, it might be worth investigating.
Oh I’m pretty sure it’s because of how my orange dial is placed as well since it’s deeper in than it “should” be.

PS LesPlenty, are you serious? Not being rude or anything but okay I will try but REALLY?? Tamp it like how hard? I am always worried that there will be zero-air-flow if I tamp cannabis like that into the plenty but I WILL TRUST YOU AND TRY IT WITH ABOUT 3-4G!

PPS LesPlenty is your name a direct reference to the Plenty vape?

EDIT

Okay so I only had about 2.13g left so I ground that up and put it in the bowl like you said. I tamped it with moderate force until it all fit nicely. Getting the top part of the bowl on required more force than usual because of the sheer volume of cannabis. Anyways it worked extremely well just like LesPlenty said it would. Even though it was packed there was plentiful airflow. It did not seem like the amount was impeding the flow at all so yes I would say to anyone who is worried about tamping/packing in the plenty to not be worried.

I am using a modded plenty and it’s at ”max” temperature, which to me seems around 410F based on the ABV but it’s hard to tell exactly.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
PS LesPlenty, are you serious? Not being rude or anything but okay I will try but REALLY?? Tamp it like how hard? I am always worried that there will be zero-air-flow if I tamp cannabis like that into the plenty but I WILL TRUST YOU AND TRY IT WITH ABOUT 3-4G!

PPS LesPlenty is your name a direct reference to the Plenty vape?
The wide oven on the Plenty allows you to tamp it as full as you like, I also have dimpled the mesh screens to add volume rather than dimpled the other way to hold capsules in place.
The Plenty was the vape that replaced my spliff habit and I grow so have Plenty to feed it.
There is so much power on hand I have managed to remove the top screen and filled to the top of the black part. It took a couple of hours to finally stop giving vapor and the ABV was pretty even (I was pretty bent) and that was before the Knight Rider Turbo Boost hack.
This vape is great at pain relief as consuming so much at once is hard to beat for that need.
It is just a bonus the vapor is so tasty too once you go all glass. The first puffs are just great and that burst of flavor fades to roasted but never burnt popcorn that I can get in other vapes.

TboneToker

The wide oven on the Plenty allows you to tamp it as full as you like, I also have dimpled the mesh screens to add volume rather than dimpled the other way to hold capsules in place.
The Plenty was the vape that replaced my spliff habit and I grow so have Plenty to feed it.
There is so much power on hand I have managed to remove the top screen and filled to the top of the black part. It took a couple of hours to finally stop giving vapor and the ABV was pretty even (I was pretty bent) and that was before the Knight Rider Turbo Boost hack.
This vape is great at pain relief as consuming so much at once is hard to beat for that need.
It is just a bonus the vapor is so tasty too once you go all glass. The first puffs are just great and that burst of flavor fades to roasted but never burnt popcorn that I can get in other vapes.
it says you’re a company rep. Are you a company rep for S&B? Or is it your Avi —> XVape?

I love the plenty. I was thinking of getting a baller vape but after modding it I don’t feel the need anymore (at least for the time being)

Yes overtightening is bad. For things like vapes I think it’s better to have it be a bit under tight than it is to accidentally screw it in too tight. For things like Vehicles and such it’s best to be ”just right”. I also caused a crack to form when I was refitting my plenty back to normal (the same crack as you @GnomeChongski

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
(the same crack as you @GnomeChongski
Maybe the plastic is not as good as it used to be. Our older heat hardened Plentys should have cracked more easily.
it says you’re a company rep. Are you a company rep for S&B? Or is it your Avi —> XVape?
The XVAPE banner nearly gave it away.:)
I only rep officially for XVAPE but part of accepting the invitation to work for them was that I could keep my ability to be objective with other brands that I use and enjoy.

encoderboy

Anyone have any luck with the chamber reducers? Been meaning to try but heard mixed reviews
I bought the dosing capsule reducer with my Plenty. I already use the capsules for my Mighty / Crafty, so it seemed sensible.

Out of the box, it was underwhelming. Following the excellent advice in this thread however, I "nippled" the top screen of my chamber, and that makes an enormous difference to performance! Tighter draw, and MUCH denser extraction.

If I want a bigger load, I've also been using the full chamber with a volcano pad to tamp it down. This also works really well with the nippled screen, but tends to be far too much for my crusty old lungs, and is probably a lot less efficient vs the capsules.

HTH!

TboneToker

I bought the dosing capsule reducer with my Plenty. I already use the capsules for my Mighty / Crafty, so it seemed sensible.

Out of the box, it was underwhelming. Following the excellent advice in this thread however, I "nippled" the top screen of my chamber, and that makes an enormous difference to performance! Tighter draw, and MUCH denser extraction.

If I want a bigger load, I've also been using the full chamber with a volcano pad to tamp it down. This also works really well with the nippled screen, but tends to be far too much for my crusty old lungs, and is probably a lot less efficient vs the capsules.

HTH!
Sorry to be a noob but what exactly do you mean by “nippled” the top screen?

TboneToker,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Sorry to be a noob but what exactly do you mean by “nippled” the top screen?
As ChooChooCharlie showed above, you bulge out the top screen so that the dosing capsule is held firmly in place (It's free to rattle around when you inhale otherwise) I used the bottom of the included cleaning brush to do mine. Others have used a metal washer as a guide, but I didn't find it necessary. Just be careful. Do it when the black piece is detached from the orange piece so you don't inadvertently damage the loading chamber, or dislodge it from the housing.

encoderboy

So, I've had my Plenty for about 6 weeks now, and thought I'd share some thoughts thus far. I've had a few of portables over the years (MFLB, Mighty, Crafty), and primarily use dosing capsules with the S&B portables.

- Generally, I think Plentys are _woefully_ underappreciated. An outstanding vaporizer, and great value (my Plenty cost < 1/2 what a Mighty+ would have in Australian Dollarydoos). I'm not used to thinking of S&B and value, but here we are!

- The nippling technique that the Thread Elder Wizards invented makes an absolutely massive difference to performance. Out of the box, dosing capsules were really lacklustre compared with the Crafty. But with a nippled screen, they hit like a ton of bricks.

- I'm not noticing any real difference in the ABV colour out of my portables (210' C) and the Plenty ("Red"). ABV really doesn't come out of the Plenty looking any less extracted to me, which was unexpected.

- I've added another chamber enclosure to run with a whip. 14mm glass fits the chamber flawlessly in the supplied rubber sleeves. I either run it through glass, or directly - though I don't do either often. The supplied metal whip thingy is ridiculously efficient at cooling, and very nice on my lungs.

I guess what I'm most surprised by is the efficiency. I can put a capsule in my Mighty, and be completely finished with it in 5 minutes. The same capsule in my Plenty, I can be pulling out cloud after cloud, and there's still more. I'm pretty astonished at just how much vapour a Plenty seems to be able to extract - it's not like S&B portables are slouches for efficiency in the first place!

TboneToker

As ChooChooCharlie showed above, you bulge out the top screen so that the dosing capsule is held firmly in place (It's free to rattle around when you inhale otherwise) I used the bottom of the included cleaning brush to do mine. Others have used a metal washer as a guide, but I didn't find it necessary. Just be careful. Do it when the black piece is detached from the orange piece so you don't inadvertently damage the loading chamber, or dislodge it from the housing.
Ohh so it’s just for the dosing capsule.

ChooChooCharlie

@TboneToker - I originally posted picture above few years ago. I wanted to assure readers that nippled screens work fine in either scenario, stock chamber or reducer. Showed two chambers for easy swapping

ChooChooCharlie,
Reactions: TboneToker

Sotile

Hello everybody. Been lurking for a few years and admittedly my Plenty usage fell behind. I have seen the potentiometer mod (potentmod, lol) and decided to get it done. Removed the "governor" in-situ with a pair of snips successfully and now it boosts up to "C" in the S&B logo.

I have removed the cooling coil (and the accompanying silicone tubing) off the oven part of the Plenty and now it fits perfectly into an 18mm downstem on my bong. The hits are phenomenal, on par with the densest Volcano bags ripped at 225C+, I am removing the oven off the heating element between the hits and I do allow the vape to cool down considerably. All in all the intervention is simple, quick and a stunning success!

Thank you dzoinp, LesPlenty and of course GnomeChongski! I joined the forum just to say thank you!

NeoSteam85

Women and Rhythm Section first
Hi everyone,

just wanted to say THANK YOU 💚

I bought a Plenty about one month ago -and a Crafty + one week later. I'll try not to transform my previous GAS in a VAS...

I went through all 126 pages of this posts and you guys are exceptional! Since I am reasonably new to vaping, this really helped me to better understand both the product and the process, much enhancing my vaping experience. This forum is a treasure cove to me!

Thanks a lot to everyone for all the information and especially to Mr. @LesPlenty 🙏You guys rock!

One comment about the damage on the aluminum ring on the heater: I am pretty positive this issue is caused by screwing the chamber incorrectly i.e. at the wrong angle: in this case, the stainless steel ring scratches the aluminum one and its margins. If I pay attention and screw it at the right angle, not a single new scratch arises.

The only thing I dread at the moment is to clean my coil for the first time 😅

Well, thanks again and keep it up!
Have a great day everyone

howie105

Two approaches to cleaning the coil (stoppered ends), fill with ISO, soak overnight and flush with water. Steeping in hot water works too, but it may require multiple water changes.
Have you considered replacing the coil with a whip or a glass (easier to clean) draw tube? IMO, it tastes a bit better with glass and a whip can be a gateway to bubbler and bong options. Enjoy.

NeoSteam85

Women and Rhythm Section first
Two approaches to cleaning the coil (stoppered ends), fill with ISO, soak overnight and flush with water. Steeping in hot water works too, but it may require multiple water changes.
Have you considered replacing the coil with a whip or a glass (easier to clean) draw tube? IMO, it tastes a bit better with glass and a whip can be a gateway to bubbler and bong options. Enjoy.

Thanks a lot @howie105 for the info, I'll definite try both :science:

LesPlenty strongly suggested to change the coil and switch to a glass piece for taste (and a more practical cleaning process), so with all probability this will happen in the future. At the moment I found the coil really pleasant though.

NeoSteam85,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Rodney

Got one of these very cheap and arriving tomorrow. What is the nipple mod thing am seeing ppl say about?

Rodney,
Top Bottom