iHeat 510 Heater Cartridge

arb

Semi shaved ape
tcr 145 160 or 185?
Geekvape aegis x ss\tcr 105 and 445f.
Wismec triple battery temp ss and 430f.
Voopoo drag ss temp and 430f.
The eleaf hackerman sent at 420f.
All watts set at 80 and getting consistent excellent hits using a large bong.
Preheat 5 seconds hit until vapor hits my lips exhale refire and inhale fully.
Let it run the ten seconds and hit until it cools for a couple seconds........vapor keeps coming.
Not the fullest flavor profile but still really good.
My only issue is my pods stick out past the end of my adapters by about 3mm causing a connection issue.
You guys have a pod solution?

Edit for wismec triple went all sporadic on combusting again.
Happened with a couple other units so in the trash.

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
Settled on the voopoo drag set on ss 390f and 80 watts.
Reads the coils as .32 and regulates itself very well.
Swappable twin 18650 for all day relief but does add some weight.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Settled on the voopoo drag set on ss 390f and 80 watts.
Reads the coils as .32 and regulates itself very well.
Swappable twin 18650 for all day relief but does add some weight.

I know with temp control it won't use the full power, but 80 watts seems a bit too high! ;)

Shit Snacks

I set it there because the mod I got it with was set there,should I turn it down to 50?

Yeah 50 sounds much more appropriate, perhaps even 45... I would skim through what Alan has recommended? Or what others are using, I can't remember what it is in my DNA profile from here, I think 45w

BakedDiogenes

Just got my iHeat. Gorgeous piece of work. Still playing around with it as a plug-in, but have gone through two bowls without scorching.

I have a Voopoo Drag 3 for on the go. Spun the iHeat on and when I press the trigger it gives me a check atomizer error.

any advice?

Shit Snacks

Just got my iHeat. Gorgeous piece of work. Still playing around with it as a plug-in, but have gone through two bowls without scorching.

I have a Voopoo Drag 3 for on the go. Spun the iHeat on and when I press the trigger it gives me a check atomizer error.

any advice?

Nice! There is a separate thread for the plugged in version as well... Unfortunately I cannot help you with that error, no experience with that mod, I've suggest trying a different one?

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: arb

arb

Semi shaved ape

any advice?
Working really well on voopoo drags version 1 and 2 set on ss 390f and 45 watts.
You have another deck to screw on and check if its the mod?

arb

Semi shaved ape
Remove the batteries take a stout pair of tweezers grasp the post in the 510 deck and gently lift it up.
Sometimes they need a little help the first time or if they have been smacked around.
Good luck I hope it works they are awesome little portables.
👍🏿

BakedDiogenes

Remove the batteries take a stout pair of tweezers grasp the post in the 510 deck and gently lift it up.
Sometimes they need a little help the first time or if they have been smacked around.
Good luck I hope it works they are awesome little portables.
👍🏿
I was wondering if the center post was a little low. I’ll try that. Thanks

BakedDiogenes,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
31W TCR 145 200C unlocked resistance works great tip @bossman about the UNLOCKED resistance!! I was like 0.5 second away from combusting the bowl but the taste is so good
(SO HI) 👽
How much are they again? I didn't know the iHeat worked with XL8R stems either. How does the abv look when you're going hot and heavy like that?

GoldenBud

How much are they again? I didn't know the iHeat worked with XL8R stems either. How does the abv look when you're going hot and heavy like that?
around 120$
photo-2021-06-06-18-01-32.jpg

GoldenBud,
  • Sad

Shit Snacks

Oh you didn't? iHeat origin was tied to splinter so it always had that, I think there is the option to use glass on glass connection like splinter, but I don't know anyone who got that style really... Makes more sense to just opt for the plain wood connection as everyone seems to, he uses steel foil to protect the wood... You could email him and ask if he has any in stock now for you, otherwise you can get on the wait list for a custom in a couple years with fancy exotic wood of your choice and even a crazy shape!

arb

Semi shaved ape
Oh you didn't? iHeat origin was tied to splinter so it always had that, I think there is the option to use glass on glass connection like splinter, but I don't know anyone who got that style really... Makes more sense to just opt for the plain wood connection as everyone seems to, he uses steel foil to protect the wood... You could email him and ask if he has any in stock now for you, otherwise you can get on the wait list for a custom in a couple years with fancy exotic wood of your choice and even a crazy shape!
That coil,deck and foil setup is very slick.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Nah. Got the temp lower, same settings. it's 1 man vape hehe so it's ok just to be on 185C and finish the bowl.....no need to warn anybody...on 185C it's perfect with these settings

Yeah iHeat heater is essentially a combo of TM and Splinter, large steel mesh strip in a coil shape, he now also adds steel diffuser disc on top for better air flow, which I have never tried, though it sounds quite nice!
Finally got an iHeat! @Shit Snacks hasn't steered me wrong yet and I was keen to try one.

It arrived yesterday and I've enjoyed using it thus far, though I can't help thinking it looks like a flaccid Splinter Z on my chunky two cell Red Panda mods.:rofl: Of course it stands to reason they'd be considerably smaller with no glass joint, I just hadn't thought it through. I opted for figured walnut.
PXL_20210627_174526841~2.jpg

The performance for the first four bowls has been impressive. I'm still backing off the proverbial noz as I was hasty out of the box and just used my Splinter profile, which I think was TCR 165, 36W. The cold resistance reading is .36 and I've left it unlocked as I'm wont to do.

All that to say my first few stems were inadvertent speed bowls, cached in two hits despite low-low starting temps of like 170°C.

I backed off to TCR 120, 30W and handling improved but it was still running pleasantly hot and extracting at temps too low to make sense. Nudging further to 28W seems to be my current sweet spot in an effort to see normal-ish temps for the extraction I'm getting. Abv has largely impressed even with initially cranked settings. That's made dialing in the config a pleasure since I never feel like I'm hiding from hotspots.
PXL_20210627_182932873~2.jpg

One strange thing: Red Panda mods display the live temp reading and apparently I can very easily overwhelm the heater with even a medium draw. Where my Splinters and Zs (my only 510 experience apart from a Tubo X) all keep to within five or ten degrees and aggressively compensate, the iHeat will dip to less than half the set temp. I suppose that's more normal for a 510 with no glass to heat soak. It's hardly a concern for me though as it's easy to just go a little slower and get good results.
PXL_20210626_205018384~2.jpg

Shit Snacks

Finally got an iHeat! @Shit Snacks hasn't steered me wrong yet and I was keen to try one.

It arrived yesterday and I've enjoyed using it thus far, though I can't help thinking it looks like a flaccid Splinter Z on my chunky two cell Red Panda mods.:rofl: Of course it stands to reason they'd be considerably smaller with no glass joint, I just hadn't thought it through. I opted for figured walnut.
View attachment 9773

The performance for the first four bowls has been impressive. I'm still backing off the proverbial noz as I was hasty out of the box and just used my Splinter profile, which I think was TCR 165, 36W. The cold resistance reading is .36 and I've left it unlocked as I'm wont to do.

All that to say my first few stems were inadvertent speed bowls, cached in two hits despite low-low starting temps of like 170°C.

I backed off to TCR 120, 30W and handling improved but it was still running pleasantly hot and extracting at temps too low to make sense. Nudging further to 28W seems to be my current sweet spot in an effort to see normal-ish temps for the extraction I'm getting. Abv has largely impressed even with initially cranked settings. That's made dialing in the config a pleasure since I never feel like I'm hiding from hotspots.
View attachment 9774

One strange thing: Red Panda mods display the live temp reading and apparently I can very easily overwhelm the heater with even a medium draw. Where my Splinters and Zs (my only 510 experience apart from a Tubo X) all keep to within five or ten degrees and aggressively compensate, the iHeat will dip to less than half the set temp. I suppose that's more normal for a 510 with no glass to heat soak. It's hardly a concern for me though as it's easy to just go a little slower and get good results.
View attachment 9775

Awesome my man! Very nice choice in wood, glad you are enjoying it so far...

Yeah don't forget aside from not having glass, it also doesn't have the ceramic or mica plate insulator, it has a full strip of steel mesh in a spiral shape more like the TM actually, so yeah it really changes the way it all works to be unique here!

I also would suggest looking at @GoldenBud's and I think someone else, who set up TCR for their IH and are using different value I think, more in between regular splinter and splinter z if I recall correctly??

But yeah the way the IH works is more instant on demand really, kind of a streamlined design!

GoldenBud

My iHeat comes in today and I plan on using it with a p80 mod. Is there anything I should know going into this that’ll make my first bowl as nice as possible? Any resistance settings to change? Or do I just set the wattage and go?
I'd try TCR (value 125) or 145 just because the Spliner V2 worked so well with the P80.. with tubomyevic..
try it, locked resistance around 0.009 below cold

it works with 32-35 watts too

Top Bottom