iHeat 510 Heater Cartridge

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
this was too strong session for me.. hehe at 220C, TCR 145, resisance locked 0.004 below cold... great flavour
Hey GoldenBud, since I'm looking into selling my Omni I'm looking for a portable to supplement the HI.
Alan's idea looks really interesting, but I'm worried a bit about portability. How long is your portable vape (iHeat+mod+stem)?

vaporoufixtras,

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
Hey GoldenBud, since I'm looking into selling my Omni I'm looking for a portable to supplement the HI.
Alan's idea looks really interesting, but I'm worried a bit about portability. How long is your portable vape (iHeat+mod+stem)?

Alan answered my question without me even asking :love:

Look at this picture he sent me, it's tiny!
witcherapplewalnut.jpg

The mod is called a Witcher box (75W). A cursory google search picked up this site selling them for 29£.

edit: Anyone looking into similar compact mods might be interested in Movkin Disguiser the from a few pages back.

20200317-132502.jpg

Last edited:

GoldenBud

I have only 2 portability stems, the wooden from lamart and the wooden from dreamwood glow (both compatible with the iheat)
it's 18cm with the dreamwood capsule stem, I recommend. amazing taste for me at 200C now

edit: didn't know alan has wooden short stems!! cool!
I use it mostly with a WPA hehe.. but damn, the wooden stem is great

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@LSDzhd : I can sell you my brand new Witcher, you just pay the shipping price from Europe. It's a piece of crap, mine doesn't work in TC as advertised. And it's larger than what the picture makes it look like since the iHeat is quite large in the first place.

Also even with a longer stem, the heat was hard to cope with, so I wouldn't want to use it with a short stem like on the picture. Feels too much like sucking on a hair drier.

GoldenBud

@LSDzhd : I can sell you my brand new Witcher, you just pay the shipping price from Europe. It's a piece of crap, mine doesn't work in TC as advertised. And it's larger than what the picture makes it look like since the iHeat is quite large in the first place.
He's from Europe too, but hey, I tried SS mode too (TCR=90) and it's too cold for the iHeat imo. you may take the resistance upper than the cold resistance and try it? like 0.004 higher maybe

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Thanks for the tip buddy, but mine must have some kind of defect. Never managed to make TC work whatever the setting or atty, if I press the trigger once it immediately reverts to power mode. It works okay in power mode I guess, but that's no longer my cup of tea!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Alan answered my question without me even asking :love:

Look at this picture he sent me, it's tiny!
witcherapplewalnut.jpg

The mod is called a Witcher box (75W). A cursory google search picked up this site selling them for 29£.

edit: Anyone looking into similar compact mods might be interested in Movkin Disguiser the from a few pages back.

20200317-132502.jpg

Haha yeah if I recall correctly, both of those only really work in wattage mode, to set up temp control TCR you will want something like what goldenbud has or a dna mod...

@GoldenBud looking good my man, glad you got good temp control going!

And yeah Alan makes so many stems, wooden stems, you can get glass inserts for them, add cooling beads etc. Also the nub from Lamart is a great option!

GoldenBud

Haha yeah if I recall correctly, both of those only really work in wattage mode, to set up temp control TCR you will want something like what goldenbud has or a dna mod...

@GoldenBud looking good my man, glad you got good temp control going!

And yeah Alan makes so many stems, wooden stems, you can get glass inserts for them, add cooling beads etc. Also the nub from Lamart is a great option!
you were right, btw, TCR 145 is too low for the iHeat. 160 is abit hotter i think but when it's only 1 person vape - who cares :sherlock:
it's probably around 155~ which is perfect, i enjoy it now up to 225c
I actually find it helpful that it has 3 holes for air, less need for stirring

Shit Snacks

you were right, btw, TCR 145 is too low for the iHeat. 160 is abit hotter i think but when it's only 1 person vape - who cares :sherlock:
it's probably around 155~ which is perfect, i enjoy it now up to 225c
I actually find it helpful that it has 3 holes for air, less need for stirring

Haha awesome, makes sense it would be around 155 considering, I'll keep that in mind if I ever remove mine from the DNA mod and try to set it up with my Arctic Fox or Red Panda mods... Yeah nice wide open airflow, super fast and even heating, I also don't stir (with any of these vapes anymore though)

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Thank for posting the photos and video @GoldenBud
Glad you are enjoying it.

Here is my latest creation.
corkiheat.jpeg

Had a few extra glass fittings when I first started making the iHeat, but then never used them since I switched to cutting the taper into the wood. Also had a few champagne corks that I hadn't planned on using, so I put them together with a 510 deck and spiral coil heater. It works just like a regular iHeat. The glass and 510 deck are just pressed into the cork, so they can be removed/replaced. Not sure why I never thought of it before, it is so simple.
Still working on a batch of spiral coil heaters, so I can put together a few more iHeat units.

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Thank for posting the photos and video @GoldenBud
Glad you are enjoying it.

Here is my latest creation.
corkiheat.jpeg

Had a few extra glass fittings when I first started making the iHeat, but then never used them since I switched to cutting the taper into the wood. Also had a few champagne corks that I hadn't planned on using, so I put them together with a 510 deck and spiral coil heater. It works just like a regular iHeat. The glass and 510 deck are just pressed into the cork, so they can be removed/replaced. Not sure why I never thought of it before, it is so simple.
Still working on a batch of spiral coil heaters, so I can put together a few more iHeat units.
Excited to finally have one!

GoldenBud

I'm trying to understand if my Red Panda setting is calibrated to the iH, on 185C it's possible to finish the bowl with very slow draw? i can make the ABV almost black at 185C but the first draws taste is great
(TCR 160 locked 0.006 below cold, 29W)

Shit Snacks

I'm trying to understand if my Red Panda setting is calibrated to the iH, on 185C it's possible to finish the bowl with very slow draw? i can make the ABV almost black at 185C but the first draws taste is great
(TCR 160 locked 0.006 below cold, 29W)

Yeah pure convection on demand is still so variable that proper temp control is still so variable as well with vapes like this...:shrug:

Hey gang, are these still for sale? If so, how much are they? I went to the store and there were none for sale. I am not looking to buy one but I want to know how much mine is worth so I know how much to ask for it when I sell it.

Thanks

Hackerman,
Reactions: arb

arb

Semi shaved ape
My first impression of the one that came in today is prolly the best experience I have had out of the box for a portable vape and the vast majority of plug ins.
Gonna play around and see how it does over time but barring some tragic failure this ones off the shelf.
👍🏿

GoldenBud

My first impression of the one that came in today is prolly the best experience I have had out of the box for a portable vape and the vast majority of plug ins.
Gonna play around and see how it does over time but barring some tragic failure this ones off the shelf.
👍🏿
wattage right?? it's so awesome vape 33W - 35.5W ...so easy... I don't cruise anymore.. preheat of 2-3 seconds and go

GoldenBud,

arb

Semi shaved ape
wattage right?? it's so awesome vape 33W - 35.5W ...so easy... I don't cruise anymore.. preheat of 2-3 seconds and go
Actually the first vape I ever liked tcr on also.
I tried it on watts and combusted first hit but the body was twisted on the base and one of the intakes was blocked by the post.
Once I saw that and gave a little twist the airflow opened all the way up.
Impressive little device with a very interesting coil design.

GoldenBud

Actually the first vape I ever liked tcr on also.
I tried it on watts and combusted first hit but the body was twisted on the base and one of the intakes was blocked by the post.
Once I saw that and gave a little twist the airflow opened all the way up.
Impressive little device with a very interesting coil design.
tcr 145 160 or 185?

GoldenBud,
Top Bottom