iHeat 510 Heater Cartridge

Obsessed 2

Still love my iHeat with the Movkin Disguiser. For me it is absolutely perfect! Pardon the cliche, but it is a portable desktop. It is certainly a heavy hitter so I need to plan my day accordingly if I pull this one out.

I power it at 30-34 watts.

20200317-132502.jpg

20200317-132317.jpg

20200317-132413.jpg

Thank you, Alan. Great device!

sydryherb

Does anyone know if Alan is currently accepting orders on glass liners for 12mm stems? Couple days without a response is more than understandable with everything going on in the world right now, but I was wondering if he’s temporarily closed down shop.

sydryherb,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Haven't closed down the shop. Doing a bit of glass work at the moment. Fusing some 13mm glass tubes to 18mm glass fittings. Have also been sketching up the various wooden roasting tube configurations that I offer. It will be easier to explain the details than using a photo in many cases. Will start a thread for the roasting tubes once I have my website updated. Currently have 88 sketches just for different wooden roasting tube options. I also use glass, stainless steel, silicone, cork, bamboo and poly for material options.
So many choices. I try to keep a small inventory of all the different size glass tubes I make.
Thanks for posting the photos @Obsessed 2 Love the small size of that mod.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Still love my iHeat with the Movkin Disguiser. For me it is absolutely perfect! Pardon the cliche, but it is a portable desktop. It is certainly a heavy hitter so I need to plan my day accordingly if I pull this one out.

I power it at 30-34 watts.

20200317-132502.jpg

20200317-132317.jpg

20200317-132413.jpg

Thank you, Alan. Great device!
Yes that's the perfect combo for me also... and still my "On-demand Daily Driver"!

I set my Disguiser at 28w personnally and rarely change it. Still not "upgraded" my unit with foil sadly but since I'm very happy with actuals performances that's right!

Thinking about to get the wall power wood base from you @Alan , can I send you the block of wood I would like to use for that part (it's juniperus oxycedrus wood, a very nice looking wood)?

Crussell27

Fellow vapor brother
Howdy y'all. I've got an iheat I've been using for awhile now. The unit is lilac wood and the awesome spiral coil with the stainless steel sandwiched disc. The tube is maple and a silicone piece to cool the hit. Best tasing vaporizer out there. And super potent like others bring up. Portable desktop indeed. Thank you again, Alan.

15878882721533332713252414611807.jpg

15878877744601378266008527106760.jpg

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
@PPN - Happy to make a 12v power base for your iHeat from wood that you send to me. Nice to not use batteries when near a power outlet.

Thanks for the photos and kind words @Crussell27 Glad you have been enjoying your iHeat. Tough to find a piece of lilac large enough to make an iHeat body. Some of the most aromatic wood I have ever turned. Smells like lilac flowers when turning it. That ss foil disc has really been a game changer for me. I'm getting used to not needing to stir.

Was doing some glass work recently to make some more of the 19/19mm glass tubes w/ dosing capsules when I broke the mouthpiece end of the glass tube, so I cut it shorter and fused it with a 13mm glass tube for a batch of 18mm GonG tubes I was making to use w/ Heat Islands. Now it can be used with many different vaporizers. I haven't found anyone willing to make glass tubes for me, so I just make them myself.

dcg16m13mm3001919m10m.jpeg

Here is a tube I made a while back for the HI. It is 15mm OD and 10mm ID w/ a 14mm taper that I hand ground. With the silicone sleeve, it works perfectly in the iHeat or any other vaporizer w/ an 18mm tapered connection.

g15m10m2501420m.jpeg

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
I just got a new maple iHeat with a stainless steel ring installed to help direct the airflow. The device is so much fun and the ring really helps create a more even roast. Nice job.

I'm using a Paranormal (DNA250C chipset) and use eScribe software suite to configure the mod. Ohms are set at 0.333 and I have the watts set at 50 and then I use TC control. I'm curious what settings for the DNA others are using? Anyone have a different config for a DNA chipset vape?

Alan - rock on and thank you for such great customer service and of course a greater heater with roasting tube!!!!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I just got a new maple iHeat with a stainless steel ring installed to help direct the airflow. The device is so much fun and the ring really helps create a more even roast. Nice job.

I'm using a Paranormal (DNA250C chipset) and use eScribe software suite to configure the mod. Ohms are set at 0.333 and I have the watts set at 50 and then I use TC control. I'm curious what settings for the DNA others are using? Anyone have a different config for a DNA chipset vape?

Alan - rock on and thank you for such great customer service and of course a greater heater with roasting tube!!!!

Not sure where they are available exactly, but the FC share files created by Herbievonvapster have everything already configured for the iHeat so that is what I use with my DNA75C mod with locked cold resistance... I don't have the new steel restrictor disc in my IH (made before they were developed), but I'm still getting a pretty even extraction with these settings, I can start as low as 315F and typically finish around 385

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Anyone have a different config for a DNA chipset vape

Not sure where they are available exactly, but the FC share files created by Herbievonvapster have everything already configured for the iHeat so that is what I use with my DNA75C mod with locked cold resistance... I don't have the new steel restrictor disc in my IH (made before they were developed), but I'm still getting a pretty even extraction with these settings, I can start as low as 315F and typically finish around 385

im not sure where and if they are still available. they were available on Evolv or Escribe forum . i found them there when a fc member asked for the original software version for his Timber Elite and the builder didn’t produce them in his reply . the Lil’Bud Elite file was first created with the help of herbie. the first couole batches of Timbers utilized the same template as LB Elite before later adopting a more basic function black and white display.

i went to fetch the FC Share files again a week or two ago and it said the page had moved or no longer existed ?!?! can anyone confirm this and that it’s not just me forgetting where it’s at ? i think someone had copy/pasted the link in Timber thread when it was discussed .

P.A.M.,

Shit Snacks

im not sure where and if they are still available. they were available on Evolv or Escribe forum . i found them there when a fc member asked for the original software version for his Timber Elite and the builder didn’t produce them in his reply . the Lil’Bud Elite file was first created with the help of herbie. the first couole batches of Timbers utilized the same template as LB Elite before later adopting a more basic function black and white display.

i went to fetch the FC Share files again a week or two ago and it said the page had moved or no longer existed ?!?! can anyone confirm this and that it’s not just me forgetting where it’s at ? i think someone had copy/pasted the link in Timber thread when it was discussed .

Yeah I think someone reposted them in the Splinter and general mod threads recently

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Easywider

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
The new disc is really sweet. Totally second what Crussell27 mentioned. Well worth the upgrade. I don't know if Alan has a way to retro fit older iHeats. That would be cool to find out.

David

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
The new disc is really sweet. Totally second what Crussell27 mentioned. Well worth the upgrade. I don't know if Alan has a way to retro fit older iHeats. That would be cool to find out.

David

Very easy to add the ss heat diffusion disc to previous iHeats. I have also been adding the ss foil lining around the coil for the really old iHeats.

Planning for the move over to new FC.
The Toasty Top and Heat Island threads will be combined since they both use the same heater cover now and there are several other shape forms available. That seems logical since they are all desk top units.
The question is should the iHeat portable thread be combined with the Insta Heat / iHeat desk top thread or should they remain separate? If they are combined, should it be listed under portable or desk top?
Maybe under portables, but identified as a desk top too? It is certainly a unique device having the ability of both portable and desk top.

Shit Snacks

Very easy to add the ss heat diffusion disc to previous iHeats. I have also been adding the ss foil lining around the coil for the really old iHeats.

Planning for the move over to new FC.
The Toasty Top and Heat Island threads will be combined since they both use the same heater cover now and there are several other shape forms available. That seems logical since they are all desk top units.
The question is should the iHeat portable thread be combined with the Insta Heat / iHeat desk top thread or should they remain separate? If they are combined, should it be listed under portable or desk top?
Maybe under portables, but identified as a desk top too? It is certainly a unique device having the ability of both portable and desk top.

HI Alan,

Glad you are getting set up on newFC!

For the most streamlined simplicity, I would actually maybe incorporate the desktop IH thread in with the Heat Island thread, so you have one thread for all your plug-in options, then another for the iHeat in portables section...

(maybe you should have a dedicated accessories thread here too?
https://newfuckcombustion.com/index.php?forums/vapor-related-equipment.10/
since you make so many great stuff for other vapes as well)

So plug-in thread would be:
"Heat Island / ToastyTop / instaHeat"

Then portable thread would be:
"iHeat 510 atomizer cartridge"

What do you think?

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Are you a mod on the new fc, @Shit Snacks ? In all streamlined simplicity and equal uniformity , all should follow same format then. If this is expected of Alan, then all rbt portables should be under one thread too for example . Now if you are not mod , maybe bring your idea to newfc admin

:bigleaf:

P.A.M.,
Reactions: ZC

Shit Snacks

Are you a mod on the new fc, @Shit Snacks ? In all streamlined simplicity and equal uniformity , all should follow same format then. If this is expected of Alan, then all rbt portables should be under one thread too for example . Now if you are not mod , maybe bring your idea to newfc admin

Are you on new FC? For example RBT started his own threads consolidated, the first product threads there... the issue is it is very difficult to get everyone to follow the same format, users are creating them not admins... And Alan asked specifically about organizing the threads, nothing is expected of him, I was providing my opinion, do you have some sort of problem with that?... Also moving threads has been paused if you have been following the news btw :peace:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
After a few days of Tinymight ownership I want say, since the honeymoon passed, the IHeat have nothing to envy to that new vape! And my unit is one of the older without any last improvements (foil and ss disc). Maybe it need a few more seconds to achieve the same cloud size (I use it at 28W btw) but the 2 cells battery mod is a lot more convenient and the Iheat is less hungry in power imo. Idk how much power the TM draws but it rinses (like we say in french!) battery in 2 bowls bringing it down of 3.60v! After that few days honeymoon with the TM I'm grabbing again my IHeat+Movkin combo more often, thank you Alan for that amazing vape!

Reminder to you Alan... I didn't gave up about the power base for my Iheat, I cutted some woods blocks I sent to a famous woodworker member here (but from my area) in order to know which woods could be interesting, I'll let you know later when I got some feedback from that wood worker. Maybe he could prepare the wood to your specifications before I send it to you (like that it may be less work for you), although you may prefer to do the whole process yourself!

Shit Snacks

This link seems to be dead for me??

Is SS316 the recommended TC/R value?

No, someone else reshared it in here

Shit Snacks,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I hope you'll not hate me @Alan but I asked to a famous woodworker ( @Aezhenn !!) which is closer of me to turn some stems for my Iheat. I already got a Blackwood stem which was coming with my Blackwood Iheat but after some years I could dig another stem. On the top of that I was thinking since years I was burning tons of pretty good wood to heat my home and decided to start to save the best pieces of the best wood to work with (at least in my opinion!). So I sent him a few different species of wood and he made for me a "capsule stem" with 2 woods, another made from the same wood and another stem (short) for my TM, here they are:
20200713-102028.jpg

From the left to the right there is a two species stem (bowl section is made from Holly wood (yes it is, beautifull grain, isn't it?) and mp section is made from very nice Ash tree, a strain called "Frêne à Fleurs" (in french) which is very different than the common Ash Tree. The second stem is made from wild Cherry Tree, I like it too, very warm looking wood! The last is a prototype for my TM and made from Chestnut Tree, a very short, stealth and "unbreakable" mp for my TM, although I had a lot of expectations with this wood and I'm slightly disappointed but it appeared the piece of wood I sent him was too old and full of seams. Thank you to @Aezhenn , you rock my friend!

If somebody appreciate this woods I can found some pieces for you, the Holly Wood is awesome, all this wood are from my home, no import and only cut the trees with broken branches or died but I'll never cut a tree only for its wood! I have a lot of species but nothing from out of my own small forest.

When I'll find the wood I prefer I'll send you a piece of wood to build me an Iheat base @Alan . Is Sorb wood a good wood to work with (that's strange cause I have two different species which both translate by Sorb...)?

Top Bottom