Glass Vapes From The Rogue Wax Works

zatonic

Hey guys, just wanted to share a little mod to the terpcicle mini. I'm sure I'm not the first but I didn't see it on this thread. Had a spare PID heater coil handle chopped in half. Gives more of a cigar feel and helps the weight distribution. It was drilled out slighty but just enough to keep it very snug.
IMG-4318.jpg

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@dimmusp im working on this wireless solution

https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/glass-vapes-from-the-rogue-wax-works.52119/post-1798069

@RedZep the main difference is that they are conduction heavy. I think the Qaroma 360 would be the only other really dedicated conduction desktop

@maremaresing glad you gave the counting technique a try and it worked for you

@zatonic thats cool. I need to work on a handle for the coil

Im having a small drop today at 6 and everything will be 10% off until midnight Sunday

TedJones

Hey guys, just wanted to share a little mod to the terpcicle mini. I'm sure I'm not the first but I didn't see it on this thread. Had a spare PID heater coil handle chopped in half. Gives more of a cigar feel and helps the weight distribution. It was drilled out slighty but just enough to keep it very snug.
IMG-4318.jpg
Awesome! Bet that’s pretty comfortable. I have the same scrap end since I copied you on the ZX handle :ko: Threw mine on the 14 coil.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@TedJones what other coil did that handle fit? I'm under the impression that the largest metal part on mine is larger than others.

@hotmeals that's a great case. I was looking at some bunch on Alibaba that can be customized with padded insides like mini peli cases

Ok I'm putting in some time with my cordless setup. I feel pretty good after an entire day of testing with the 14mm that 665 is a pretty good sweetspot that finishes the bowl in 3-4 hits with minimal vapor/heat loss towards the end. I have not found the perfect spot on the 18 but somewhere below 750 seems like it will work. Video is 720 with like 45 second heat soak

TedJones

what other coil did that handle fit? I'm under the impression that the largest metal part on mine is larger than others.
I’m thinking yours is pretty standard. Measuring roughly 3/8 at the largest part on my ZX, screwball, and vulcan coils too. The handle I used for QC in pic was the back half of a full one, which has a smaller ID since only the cord is supposed to be in that end. Hand drilled it w. 3/8 bit.

dimmusp

@TedJones what other coil did that handle fit? I'm under the impression that the largest metal part on mine is larger than others.

@hotmeals that's a great case. I was looking at some bunch on Alibaba that can be customized with padded insides like mini peli cases

Ok I'm putting in some time with my cordless setup. I feel pretty good after an entire day of testing with the 14mm that 665 is a pretty good sweetspot that finishes the bowl in 3-4 hits with minimal vapor/heat loss towards the end. I have not found the perfect spot on the 18 but somewhere below 750 seems like it will work. Video is 720 with like 45 second heat soak

So cool! How is the kit coming along?

Principal Guy

I have gone through three 18mm quartz heaters already and I absolutely must find a case to protect this wonderful , hard hitting’ vape. I always keep it on the stand, but it gets knocked over and ends up broken every time. Are there any affordable case options available on Amazon?

maremaresing

LET'S

PHREAKIN

GOOOOOOOOO!!!

Cools the vapor completely, despite the size. Terps and volume of vapor still pack a throat punch. I love how simple it is, and how it stands the hot glass upright when not in use.

My problem now with the Terpcicle is slowing down once it's up to temp. There is this idea that "it's hot now I gotta get all the vapor before it cools!" that leads me to getting chain rips off it till it cools. Just sucking non stop on the firehose of vapor. I feel like it probably holds heat enough that I could slowly puff away for a bit.

Gets ya rekt, though. :love:

Oh, yeah, that piece, the one that I had, except mine was 14 mm male... I think I remember maybe it was you I told previously? Have you asked them if they have 14 mm, when I ordered it said 18 mm, but then they sent one that was 14 mm with a reducer adapter to make it 18 lol sold it long ago to someone else otherwise I would send it to you right now...

Thanks for the assist! I chatted the seller (https://www.dhgate.com/store/20297022) and while they don't have it listed (that I could find) they hooked me up with the right size.

TedJones

New TED on the site :brow:
Comes with 2 heaters and the bubbled style connector that the new one piece Terpcicle has as well.

nicknobody

First of all, bigggg thanks to TRWW for being so generous and making incredible devices.

Here’s a side by side of the 3 piece vs the 2 piece terpcicle. Main things I have noticed on the two piece is the unground joint of the heater and that the bowl is longer and closer to the heater at the top. I haven’t used the 2 piece yet but I will report back when I get some time with it. I’m excited. Should make heating (spinning) and cleaning easier!

coolbreeze

Nice shots of the side by side! Got mine on the way and forgot that this should make it easier to lift it off the bowl when needed, when using the coil :clap:
Same reason I grabbed it. Then I realized that my coil was 14mm so I grabbed a new coil, too! Been holding out on the Terpsicle for no good reason but the new heater/coil combo is too awesome to pass up.

RedZep

It's really difficult as a new customer, picking one of your glass devices. Especially now as the range just grew.

I think a table of sorts would be very beneficial. Including bowl size, conduction/convection ratio, key differences etc.

Pukka

I think a table of sorts would be very beneficial. Including bowl size, conduction/convection ratio, key differences etc.
Look here:

nicknobody

It's really difficult as a new customer, picking one of your glass devices. Especially now as the range just grew.

I favor the ones with glass joints so I don’t need to use tools (tongs or leather) to empty/swap bowls

The others are more at home desktop use for me big or small

Edit: quick note the new one piece terpcicle bowl is thick. Uses less material. Smaller ID than the og and similar OD.

coolbreeze

Same reason I grabbed it. Then I realized that my coil was 14mm so I grabbed a new coil, too! Been holding out on the Terpsicle for no good reason but the new heater/coil combo is too awesome to pass up.
Lol. My assessment was correct, this new heater/coil combo makes this a very powerful, functional vape. I have a bit of dialing yet to do but it's really a lot of fun and packs one hell of a punch! The unground glass is a good choice for the heater which otherwise seems well-tuned for this use; it centers the heater keeping the roast even without sticking. I also grabbed an OG heater with the grind to heat with a torch and hit blunt style, to compare the OG style too.

TedJones

Lol. My assessment was correct, this new heater/coil combo makes this a very powerful, functional vape. I have a bit of dialing yet to do but it's really a lot of fun and packs one hell of a punch! The unground glass is a good choice for the heater which otherwise seems well-tuned for this use; it centers the heater keeping the roast even without sticking. I also grabbed an OG heater with the grind to heat with a torch and hit blunt style, to compare the OG style too.
Great to hear! Mine just arrived too & have yet to try .. looks awesome. Think I’ll too hang on to my original for torching & swapping connectors. Great feeling of no connector slippage with the new one though :peace:

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@dimmusp good but slowly. I'm waiting on the final heater samples and the final clip samples. But it has given me a lot of time to test the wireless versions and get them dialed in as far as time and technique. Im very anxious to get it all together but trying to be patient.

@nicknobody OOOUUUFFF!! I think you are up and running again

@Principal Guy sorry to hear about your heaters. I think its time to ditch the stands. Im in the process of getting bigger stands but there is no way I can sell them for the same price so im looking at a bunch of different options. If you order something drop me a note, especially if you are buying another heater!!

@maremaresing you can also always add heat. I have been looking at those pipes for a long time on DH but always felt they were too expensive for me to resell but thought they were really cool

@nicknobody hows the OnePiece working out. Your photos make the stem look a little to long. Any issues?

@RedZep yah I think it gets confusing. I really need to work on the website too

I need some feedback. Ok, got my new batch of 18mm heaters in and they look like this, one on left. I spoke with Scott at VG and he said "no issue". Now, maybe some of you have realized by now that i'm pretty neurotic, so im freaking out a little about sending these out. What's your take? Mine that I have run upwards of 800F dont look like this

20240820-161324.jpg

Got a new way I have been using my Terpcicle Mini. I have been setting my coil almost horizontal, running it at 600, setting the full Mini in it and heating for 1 minute. This gives medium light vapor. If I want to kick it up I just put it back in. Its like "Dip n Sip"

20240820-172537.jpg

Top Bottom