Glass Vapes From The Rogue Wax Works

Principal Guy

@dimmusp good but slowly. I'm waiting on the final heater samples and the final clip samples. But it has given me a lot of time to test the wireless versions and get them dialed in as far as time and technique. Im very anxious to get it all together but trying to be patient.

@nicknobody OOOUUUFFF!! I think you are up and running again

@Principal Guy sorry to hear about your heaters. I think its time to ditch the stands. Im in the process of getting bigger stands but there is no way I can sell them for the same price so im looking at a bunch of different options. If you order something drop me a note, especially if you are buying another heater!!

@maremaresing you can also always add heat. I have been looking at those pipes for a long time on DH but always felt they were too expensive for me to resell but thought they were really cool

@nicknobody hows the OnePiece working out. Your photos make the stem look a little to long. Any issues?

@RedZep yah I think it gets confusing. I really need to work on the website too

I need some feedback. Ok, got my new batch of 18mm heaters in and they look like this, one on left. I spoke with Scott at VG and he said "no issue". Now, maybe some of you have realized by now that i'm pretty neurotic, so im freaking out a little about sending these out. What's your take? Mine that I have run upwards of 800F dont look like this

20240820-161324.jpg

Got a new way I have been using my Terpcicle Mini. I have been setting my coil almost horizontal, running it at 600, setting the full Mini in it and heating for 1 minute. This gives medium light vapor. If I want to kick it up I just put it back in. Its like "Dip n Sip"

20240820-172537.jpg
Thanks for response. I have quit using the stand and leave it in a waterpiece most of the time now. I did pick up a cheap padded container for it.

RedZep

So I'm about to pick up a quartz cap. I'm trying to decide which size. The 14mm seems better for me as 0.3g would be the max I would want to use.

However it made me wonder about optimum load size. Do people fill them completely? Or do they work better with half loads? Like 0.15g/0.25g respectively.

Radwin Bodnic

However it made me wonder about optimum load size. Do people fill them completely? Or do they work better with half loads? Like 0.15g/0.25g respectively.
I don't have a quartz cap specifically but these kind of vapes works very well with small unground nugs or just a few chunks teared apart. This way it is very forgiving on the load size. The more you put in it the longer the sesh.

RedZep

I don't have a quartz cap specifically but these kind of vapes works very well with small unground nugs or just a few chunks teared apart. This way it is very forgiving on the load size. The more you put in it the longer the sesh.
I was moreover wandering the trade off's of a full 14mm bowl (0.3g) compared to a half full 18mm (0.25g). Would one have significantly better airflow/extraction etc?

If a user always wanted to use around 0.25g-0.3g, which version would be superior all things considered?

RedZep,
Reactions: RogueGuy

coolbreeze

Easier or more open airflow with the 18 just due to its size. All these extract really well, no matter how much you put in. 14 bowl is small enough for me not to use a screen, that’s a plus.
They're both great, I don't think it occurred to me that they were even a different size because the airflow's unrestricted. I usually break up buds and just keep loading them till it looks good--it's always way more than enough! ; )

friedrich

Little-Known Member
TRWW strikes again! I couldn't pass up the blue connector of "11A". The wooden stand is very nice too.
These remain my favorite and most used vapes.

If a user always wanted to use around 0.25g-0.3g, which version would be superior all things considered?

I got out my scale, and the amount pictured above was 0.113g. Since you want double that or more, I'd recommend either the Megacicle (14mm) or the 18mm Quartz Cap (though I don't really have experience with that one), depending on preferred glass joint size.

coolbreeze

TRWW strikes again! I couldn't pass up the blue connector of "11A". The wooden stand is very nice too.

I got out my scale, and the amount pictured above was 0.113g. Since you want double that or more, I'd recommend either the Megacicle (14mm) or the 18mm Quartz Cap (though I don't really have experience with that one), depending on preferred glass joint size.
Outstanding!

Last edited:

Dr. G

***Old Resident*** Vapman Collector

Super nice.

the_hexx

Team Hash
I’m intrigued by the new Coil Caps. Are these in any way modified, or are they just simple Crossing Tech coils? What coil size would fit a 14mm Quartz Cap?

the_hexx,
Reactions: RogueGuy

the_hexx

Team Hash
I think he's having them made for these? They're pretty long, like 11 wraps on the 18mm. I can check the 14 later if need be.
Thanks, no need to, was just wondering if I could get away with ordering a standard-sized coil for this from the EU. As there’s no EU distributor for these I’ll need to order from the US, those custom taxes hurt but I’m sure it’ll be worth it :)

coolbreeze

Thanks, no need to, was just wondering if I could get away with ordering a standard-sized coil for this from the EU. As there’s no EU distributor for these I’ll need to order from the US, those custom taxes hurt but I’m sure it’ll be worth it :)
I bet, and yes it will be. I guess you could justify it by the price being pretty reasonable. I would suck to pay as much in taxes as the thing costs, but the performance is well above the price (and probably tax) point, I'd say.

the_hexx

Team Hash
I bet, and yes it will be. I guess you could justify it by the price being pretty reasonable. I would suck to pay as much in taxes as the thing costs, but the performance is well above the price (and probably tax) point, I'd say.
Right on! I had a lightbulb moment when someone on the Bakx thread mentioned that this is like a desktop Bakx, and that at a fraction of the price. I also have a Taroma 360 which I also think could claim the title of a desktop Bakx but…VAS

Datoneguy

Was about to pull the trigger on a terpcicle but then I noticed the mini terpcicle and now I'm curious about that. Does anyone know how much the mini terpcicle bowl capacity is? Also, is it able to be heated up with an eagle torch (like vapcap)?

Pukka

Was about to pull the trigger on a terpcicle but then I noticed the mini terpcicle and now I'm curious about that. Does anyone know how much the mini terpcicle bowl capacity is? Also, is it able to be heated up with an eagle torch (like vapcap)?

Datoneguy

Thanks! Saw people on reddit mention about .2-.25, so I'll assume that's likely accurate because the normal terpcicle is about .4-.5 from what I've heard. Most of my vapes max out around .2, so I'm cool with that capacity I think.

Also, I don't think the vid mentioned it, but does the mini terpcicle work with a smaller eagle torch for heating?
Also, it mentioned that the mini terpcicle doesn't come with a wpa for 14mm, is that because the mini terpcicle is meant to be used dry? is it still possible to get a wpa for it and use that way? That model and one other don't come with the 14mm wpa I think.

MTpromises

Thanks! Saw people on reddit mention about .2-.25, so I'll assume that's likely accurate because the normal terpcicle is about .4-.5 from what I've heard. Most of my vapes max out around .2, so I'm cool with that capacity I think.

Also, I don't think the vid mentioned it, but does the mini terpcicle work with a smaller eagle torch for heating?
Also, it mentioned that the mini terpcicle doesn't come with a wpa for 14mm, is that because the mini terpcicle is meant to be used dry? is it still possible to get a wpa for it and use that way? That model and one other don't come with the 14mm wpa I think.
The Mini Terpcicle is a 10mm female at the base, so you can get a 10mm male to 10, 14 or 18mm male adapter to use with whatever size you need.

Datoneguy

The Mini Terpcicle is a 10mm female at the base, so you can get a 10mm male to 10, 14 or 18mm male adapter to use with whatever size you need.
I need one of those for my vapcaps too coincidentally, so 2 birds one stone, It's like God is straight up telling me to get a mini terpcicle. I'm pretty sure Vas isn't my fault at this point...

friedrich

Little-Known Member
Does the QC mini fit in the Nova? To use it like a j-hook? Like I'm doing with the Tempest here.

Sort of… With no o-ring, the 14mm joint wedges in there easily enough, but without jamming it down harder than I care to try, it doesn't feel secure or airtight.

With the stock o-ring in place, it was difficult to insert; not something I'd want to try with a hot cap on there.

Top Bottom