Glass Vapes From The Rogue Wax Works

Datoneguy

Thanks for the info! That's good to know it still has thick glass but also good to hear the heatup is slightly less than it's bigger counterparts.
So I like using eagles with my vapes but I do have a mini firefox lying around here somewhere that I use to use for my Anvil, Would a mini firefox torch work for this? The flame isn't as thick as some suggested here, but it is a bit bigger than my eagles.

If I get a mini Terpcicle, I'll also try it with an eagle and post my results on here for anyone wondering. I just pulled the trigger on a vgoodies globe v2, so I'm like halfway into my terpcicle purchase atm lol. Just gotta figure out if I'm gonna do a mini or normal terpcicle, but likely going mini.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
I have quit using the stand and leave it in a waterpiece most of the time now
I actually meant me. I ordered some premium stands and might stop selling the small ones

@RedZep if you think you will want to do full 14mm bowls on the regular I would go with the 18. I use the 14 all the time because it really produces thick vapor but the tradeoff is much worse airflow especially if full

@friedrich that rig is really cool and I can see why you wanted the blue connector.

@the_hexx Im having them custom made by Crossing Tech. No EU but there is UK and they will be 220V

@coolbreeze @friedrich glad you guys are liking that little one. I am actually making the bowl a little bigger now

@Datoneguy the Mini Terpcicle still needs a big torch. The Quartz Cap Mini is really the only cap vape that works with a small torch. I will have the new "Stick" in a month or so which will also work. You may need a bigger torch than the firefox

Having a drop of Vapor Pipes on tuesday

I made some stems for that "Giant Juicebox". (TRWW in no way endorses the product or its maker, lol)

And speaking of Crossing Tech, I have ordered a test coil for the Mega heater

RedZep

I actually meant me. I ordered some premium stands and might stop selling the small ones

@RedZep if you think you will want to do full 14mm bowls on the regular I would go with the 18. I use the 14 all the time because it really produces thick vapor but the tradeoff is much worse airflow especially if full

@friedrich that rig is really cool and I can see why you wanted the blue connector.

@the_hexx Im having them custom made by Crossing Tech. No EU but there is UK and they will be 220V

@coolbreeze @friedrich glad you guys are liking that little one. I am actually making the bowl a little bigger now

@Datoneguy the Mini Terpcicle still needs a big torch. The Quartz Cap Mini is really the only cap vape that works with a small torch. I will have the new "Stick" in a month or so which will also work. You may need a bigger torch than the firefox

Having a drop of Vapor Pipes on tuesday

I made some stems for that "Giant Juicebox". (TRWW in no way endorses the product or its maker, lol)

And speaking of Crossing Tech, I have ordered a test coil for the Mega heater
Damn, I have the 14mm QC set for delivery from Recomendedvapesupplies. Should be here within the hour. Is the airflow that much worse? Airflow is quite a big thing for me. Maybe I should return it for the 18mm.

EDIT - I decided to try the 14mm, as I could always pick up 18mm later if I like it. On first try I really don't like the airflow at all. Only loose packed 0.15g. I'll prob put this for sale and try to recoup a bit of the cost. Does the 18mm offer a significant improvement in airflow?

Last edited:

TedJones

@RedZep I think you’ll love the 14. It’ll hold more than the Z bowl will if you want it to. Use a couple large nugs at the bottom (if not using screen). Then fill rest with finger nail or coarse grind nugs. Don’t pack/tamp too hard and you’ll have mucho airflow. ZX is kind of comparable restriction wise for me. Snag the 18 later if you want to go even bigger, imo :tup:

RedZep

@RedZep I think you’ll love the 14. It’ll hold more than the Z bowl will if you want it to. Use a couple large nugs at the bottom (if not using screen). Then fill rest with finger nail or coarse grind nugs. Don’t pack/tamp too hard and you’ll have mucho airflow. ZX is kind of comparable restriction wise for me. Snag the 18 later if you want to go even bigger, imo :tup:
I just tried again and got better airflow on a j-hook. Had to sip it. Got it nicely roasted. Seemed like when I wasn't drawing, the conduction was cooking the herb off. Going to take getting used to seeing that and being cool with it. I guess that's the drawback of conduction.

I have it loaded with 0.225g for later on. See if I can get a nice roast stoney evening going.

I thought I would hate handling it with he tongs etc. I actually really enjoy the tactile feeling off pulling off the Quartz with the tool. Feels like lab equipment.

Last edited:

RedZep

So I'm quite enjoying the QC experience. Great vape to have. Not sure it could ever be a main driver for me, due to how fast the screens get clogged, and how often you have to refill your torch. It has a really nice signature. I can see myself picking up the 18mm for sure.

EDIT Just tried without a screen. Just tore little bits of bud. This is clearly the best way to use it. Increased airflow, taste, and will prolong time needed to cleaning. Very nice experience doing that. I'm still a bit alarmed at how often I will need to refill this huge torch lighter. But I guess if I worked out the cost of fuel it will be pennies per use.

Last edited:

RedZep

If you have a 10mm or extra tempest screen, it’ll sit down in there (not perfect by any means). Scrapes easily with poker. I’ll use if I have a finer grind that would fall otherwise.
I'm going without a screen. It's opened up the airflow enough where I can use the device. I have TMJD so I can't use vapes with too much restriction. The taste is amazing like this as well.

Datoneguy

Anyone have suggestions for a cheap stand for the coiled terpcicle?
Also, does it take a a few minutes for the coil to get up to temp for vaping? Most dektops I've had take a few minutes to heatup, so pretty cool if it's something I could turn off and on throughout the day instead of leaving it on.

coolbreeze

Anyone have suggestions for a cheap stand for the coiled terpcicle?
Also, does it take a a few minutes for the coil to get up to temp for vaping? Most dektops I've had take a few minutes to heatup, so pretty cool if it's something I could turn off and on throughout the day instead of leaving it on.
Etsy has a bunch that might work:

il_600x600.5124242360_1zm6.jpg
il_600x600.5371637990_7qx6.jpg

Heating doesn't take long, just a couple/few mins. You could probably turn it on/off without too much waiting.

Last edited:

Datoneguy

Thanks for the etsy suggestion, gonna give it a look.
I was also hearing some people use ceramic coffee mugs, is that sufficient or nah? Because I do have some of those lying around lol.

the_hexx

Team Hash
I am planning to order the Quartz Cap 14mm along with the Coil Cap and thinking of adding another more microdosey vape to my order. I'm looking at No.11 and the Terpcicle Mini. To anyone who has experience with both, which one you think a) complements better the Quartz Cap 14mm and b) is different enough from my oft-used Vaponic?

SlickHenry

I am planning to order the Quartz Cap 14mm along with the Coil Cap and thinking of adding another more microdosey vape to my order. I'm looking at No.11 and the Terpcicle Mini. To anyone who has experience with both, which one you think a) complements better the Quartz Cap 14mm and b) is different enough from my oft-used Vaponic?
They are quite similar. You can just load less material into the quartz cap if you want to microdose.

Terpcicle mini can be used natively whereas 11 needs a j hook or water piece. There is not much difference between them to warrant a purchase. Personally if you have a dynavap knocking around I'd look at the quartz caps for that as a simpler microdose set up.

Alternatively for a different experience to these the 13 - nameless conduction device is worth a look.

the_hexx

Team Hash
They are quite similar. You can just load less material into the quartz cap if you want to microdose.

Terpcicle mini can be used natively whereas 11 needs a j hook or water piece. There is not much difference between them to warrant a purchase. Personally if you have a dynavap knocking around I'd look at the quartz caps for that as a simpler microdose set up.

Alternatively for a different experience to these the 13 - nameless conduction device is worth a look.
Thanks, that was helpful. For the Coil Cap, would I need a second replacement cap, so I can alternate usage between coil and torch without having to remove the coil from the cap every time? I guess my question is, does the coil hang on to the cap tightly like it does in ball vape heads, where it's kind of tricky to remove? Or as I see that it is held by two clips and therefore would be fairly easy to remove? Hope this makes sense!

coolbreeze

Thanks, that was helpful. For the Coil Cap, would I need a second replacement cap, so I can alternate usage between coil and torch without having to remove the coil from the cap every time? I guess my question is, does the coil hang on to the cap tightly like it does in ball vape heads, where it's kind of tricky to remove? Or as I see that it is held by two clips and therefore would be fairly easy to remove? Hope this makes sense!
The coil's super easy to take on and off. You could have one TS for both uses.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@Datoneguy thats my go to and very well priced. I am getting an order of big glass stands

@RedZep glad you are getting it figured out. There is a big difference between the 14 and 18 airflow. while the 14 can be tight its something about that tight airflow that produces extra thick vapor

@the_hexx I would agree that the mini and 14 are too similar. I think @SlickHenry advice to try the "Convection Caps for the Vapcap" would be a nice compliment

Having a drop today at 6PST. A lot of Vapor Pipes, I made some 2ZM stems, TM and a few Vapcap stems

VP28.jpg

I have been playin with a new toy. It works really well. 500f gets me 4 big hits and finishes the bowl. I would say 90/10 convection/conduction. As a design feature I dont love the screen but it works. I'll get some of these for the next order and get them out for testing. If anyone has a source for bulk rubies let me know

20240906-101326.jpg

Top Bottom